Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:25:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ARE YOU A COINTERRA BURN VICTIM ?  (Read 6491 times)
aerobatic

Activity: 702
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 10:44:46 PM

the people above saying cointerra isn't a scam are not entirly correct....

I have ordered from them and place my order in early December, i requested a refund when they announced performance issues and the cost to run these machines.

They told me my refund request has been submitted..... and now continue to ignore every message that i have sent them since.

So as a result i have no miner and no refund.

If this means ive not been scammed then can somebody please explain what has happened. Because i certainly feel at this moment in time i have been SCAMMED out of my hard earned savings.

They don't even have the decency to respond to my pleas for my refund.

i'm now left penniless with no miner, how can you lot claim this is a legit company?

in my eyes legit companies reply to their customers messages.

All i want is a refund, it's not much to ask since their misrepresented sales tatics are illegal.

If my advice counts for anything, STAY AWAY FROM COINTERRA

cxz - you're a newbie account, freshly created.  forgive us for thinking you might be a competitor or troll.

can you demonstrate that you're a genuine cointerra customer and that they've ignored your posts?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 10:46:41 PM

the people above saying cointerra isn't a scam are not entirly correct....

I have ordered from them and place my order in early December, i requested a refund when they announced performance issues and the cost to run these machines.

They told me my refund request has been submitted..... and now continue to ignore every message that i have sent them since.

So as a result i have no miner and no refund.

If this means ive not been scammed then can somebody please explain what has happened. Because i certainly feel at this moment in time i have been SCAMMED out of my hard earned savings.

They don't even have the decency to respond to my pleas for my refund.

i'm now left penniless with no miner, how can you lot claim this is a legit company?

in my eyes legit companies reply to their customers messages.

All i want is a refund, it's not much to ask since their misrepresented sales tatics are illegal.

If my advice counts for anything, STAY AWAY FROM COINTERRA

cxz - you're a newbie account, freshly created.  forgive us for thinking you might be a competitor or troll.

can you demonstrate that you're a genuine cointerra customer and that they've ignored your posts?

Well he joined my GB so we can rule troll out.

cxz

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:49:01 AM
Last edit: May 06, 2014, 06:03:33 AM by cxz

CoinTerra strives to provide accurate and timely customer service. When possible we also connect with customers who are experiencing issues directly through PM here on bitcointalk.org, and will continue to reach out to ensure that all customers are given the support that they deserve.

Very Best,
Team CoinTerra

The quote mentioned above turns my stomach after the stress caused and time ive spent trying to contact you through every means possible. At the same time slightly pleased some of the customer service team is still active.

Also, why is what i said about cointerra in any way surprising, looking on the comments on their latest facebook status,  i'm not the only one having this problems with Cointerra customer service and refund policy (or lack of). I thought it was common knowledge that cointerra has the worst customer service ever.  

Yes I am a newbie on here.... an angry newbie at that! but certainly not a troll. Order: GV9022. As soon as i receive my refund i will be happy. i do not have any bad intentions when talking about cointerra, but until i see my bank balance refunded, i will continue to explain what has happened in my situation.

Can anyone here tell me if they have received a full refund from cointerra?Huh because i have yet to come across anyone getting their money back.

This is honestly (hand on heart) is the only non automated response (even though it looks like it may have been copied and pasted) that i have received from them since i accepted their refund offer. Funny how as soon as i mention my ignored cointerra requests on here I finally get a response by PM. It would have been a lot easier for cointerra to reply to my emails. there's plenty of them.  

When will i be refunded is all i want to know right now? Thats my main concern. I do not get any pleasure posting on here about cointerra, Im not the type to even bad mouth any company. Im simply doing it to ensure that I get my money back.

Please give me a call cointerra, on the phone number that i PM to you so we can sort this out.

I really do hope i'm not coming across like a troll because i am genuinely concerned about my money.

I have all the emails to prove to anyone here, how bad the cointerra customer service is. i don't work for anyone or any mining company. I'm just an ordinary cointerra customer worried he will never see his money again. I do not have anything against the cointerra miners and have never said anything negative because i can't comment on a miner ive never actually seen.

All i want is a full refund. Not much to ask for considering Cointerra offered me the full refund. i accepted the full refund... then nothing.... every email and facebook and twitter message has been ignored ever since. So instead of ignoring me why not just send my money back to my bank? whats so hard about that cointerra?  

Ok well i have PM you, lets see if you can get my refund finally sorted.

will be eagerly awaiting your reply.
testerx

Activity: 608

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 05:32:29 AM

Cointerra PM'd me a week ago though they had someone else's username in the PM for some reason regarding trying to help resolve my refund issue but I haven't heard anything back since.  My support emails have gone unanswered as well and of course their phone number just says to email them so it's not of any help.  Has anybody received their refund recently?  I am getting very nervous at this point since I ended up with a lot of overhead costs for our planned mining project but these units were just so out of spec we couldn't keep them without taking huge losses for hosting/cooling/power since our power just isn't that cheap, but now most of my money is tied up by cointerra.

Cointerra, please reply to let me know what's going on, you guys said it'd be four weeks and I replied to please send me the refund on 4/3/2013 (after emailing you originally on 4/2/2014).  I just need a valid check mailed to me, I already have 25K+ in delivered equipment from you guys and I had ended up paying $14k for the one December and one late March unit so I probably paid more for my units than pretty much anybody else but I need you to refund me the remaining money as promised.
y_boonstra

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:46:32 AM

I have a Class Action Filled against CT, their equipment is sucks and has engineering  flaws that don't allow the miner to maintenance the equipment without void their warranty .

there are no user serviceable parts inside your system which is why they dont want you to open it up.  there's powerful electronics in there... running at high currents  - do the math if you dont believe me - (2100 watts at 0.7 volts = 3000 amps!) - ok, i simplified, and its less watts devoted to the asics and some go to the fans and cooling system, but still, there's some huge amperage in there and you shouldnt open it up.

you cant sue them because they wont let you open it up, as you risk electrocuting yourself.  its not a feeble battery powered device and you shouldnt go poking around in there as it wasnt built to be tinkered with.

sorry you think it sucks, but its a powerful miner and in use by plenty of people (most of whom probably dont think it sucks).  if you're having problems suggest contacting their support team and see if they cant help you.

LOL.. thats just a joke. iff your running 3000A i guess you got a very very expensive welder.. no way a curcuitboard can handle those amounts of amparage.
aerobatic

Activity: 702

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 09:18:20 AM

I have a Class Action Filled against CT, their equipment is sucks and has engineering  flaws that don't allow the miner to maintenance the equipment without void their warranty .

there are no user serviceable parts inside your system which is why they dont want you to open it up.  there's powerful electronics in there... running at high currents  - do the math if you dont believe me - (2100 watts at 0.7 volts = 3000 amps!) - ok, i simplified, and its less watts devoted to the asics and some go to the fans and cooling system, but still, there's some huge amperage in there and you shouldnt open it up.

you cant sue them because they wont let you open it up, as you risk electrocuting yourself.  its not a feeble battery powered device and you shouldnt go poking around in there as it wasnt built to be tinkered with.

sorry you think it sucks, but its a powerful miner and in use by plenty of people (most of whom probably dont think it sucks).  if you're having problems suggest contacting their support team and see if they cant help you.

LOL.. thats just a joke. iff your running 3000A i guess you got a very very expensive welder.. no way a curcuitboard can handle those amounts of amparage.

as i said, i was over simplifying for dramatic effect...  here's a revision with a bit more accuracy.

we all know that the box consumes 2100 at the wall...  but in reality some of that is power supply inefficiency, then some must run the fans and cooling system...    then some will go through their dc/dc conversion circuitry (to drop from 12 volts dc that the power supply provides, down to < 0.7 volts that the asics want)... and its here where (cointerra admitted) is why their power consumption is so high (the dc/dc conversion circuit they used, wasn't efficient enough), which limits the performance of their product and is why they designed it to hit 2 TH/s for the model that comes out shortly...    anyway.. so allowing for inefficient dc/dc conversion, lets assume that the asics get 1600 watts out of the 2100 watts that it consumes at the wall... and lets also assume that the voltage is 0.68v ...   then the actual amperage that the asics are being provided is about 2300 amps (!).   and there's four asics, each one containing four dies...  so 16 dies in total, so each one is being fed almost 150 amps !

cxz

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 01:19:15 AM

Cointerra PM'd me a week ago though they had someone else's username in the PM for some reason regarding trying to help resolve my refund issue but I haven't heard anything back since.  My support emails have gone unanswered as well and of course their phone number just says to email them so it's not of any help.  Has anybody received their refund recently?  I am getting very nervous at this point since I ended up with a lot of overhead costs for our planned mining project but these units were just so out of spec we couldn't keep them without taking huge losses for hosting/cooling/power since our power just isn't that cheap, but now most of my money is tied up by cointerra.

Cointerra, please reply to let me know what's going on, you guys said it'd be four weeks and I replied to please send me the refund on 4/3/2013 (after emailing you originally on 4/2/2014).  I just need a valid check mailed to me, I already have 25K+ in delivered equipment from you guys and I had ended up paying $14k for the one December and one late March unit so I probably paid more for my units than pretty much anybody else but I need you to refund me the remaining money as promised.

cointerra have not refunded anyone yet. They seem to be ignoring their refund customers. Sounds like a scam to me. It shouldn't take 4 days, nevermind 4 weeks to send that refund. The company is a joke. they have ignored every email i have sent since i requested my refund. 
cxz

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 01:04:51 PM

Then what are they talking about?

looks to be some combination of competitors or fanboys trying to trash 'the competition'.  even if some of the scam accusations are from current or former customers it doesn't make cointerra a scam.  scam has a specific meaning being akin to a 'con'. scam companies don't or haven't shipped, or delay shipments indefinitely. - whereas cointerra has shipped all their pre-orders (in most cases, within a few weeks of the due date and most of them in the actual month they were due and in some cases earlier than expected - and now sells from stock.  that isn't the definition of a scam company no matter which way the word scam can be stretched.

can't compare them with other companies that customers are right in calling scams because they sold preorders and promised dates that they are nowhere close to achieving, and in many cases didn't ship systems to customers.  some keep playing the shell game (bitmine, hashfast, butterflylabs).  these companies are months, and in some cases as much as 6 months late in deliveries.   heck, even kncminer isn't as stellar as it once was (read their forums for more details).

yet another shill working for cointerra.... either that or delusional..... I like many.....did not get my pre-order on the promised date. i don't think anyone did......try sending them money and getting a refund, im sure your attitude towards cointerra will change.

i sent cointerra my money. they sent me nothing.... i asked for a refund.... i hear nothing.......

Now please tell me how you judge my situation.

because if ive not been scammed then i must be missing something.

no miner or refund or response....... how can you say there not scammers?Huh??

i message them daily to hear no response.

are you for real?

how much is cointerra paying you to spread your nonesense on these forums.

as you seem to jump down the throat of any customers on here who complains about them.

cut the bullshit. legit companies respond to customer emails. and have a customer service employees. i dont believe cointerra even cares

once they have your money its on to the next sale.

Typical scammers mentality.

we all know cointerra is a scam now

they cannot hide it
cxz

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 01:21:54 PM

CoinTerra strives to provide accurate and timely customer service. When possible we also connect with customers who are experiencing issues directly through PM here on bitcointalk.org, and will continue to reach out to ensure that all customers are given the support that they deserve.

Very Best,
Team CoinTerra

If this is the case, why didnt you respond to my PM

your lies knock me sick.

i paid my money on time..... in december..... no miner turned up.... i asked for a refund..... no response..

as a result no miner.... or refund.... or response.....

your customer service is far from timely. its non-existant.

you only reply to sales. once you have thier money. you do not respond.

it is a typical scammers way to communicate

get thier money and send them nothing and ignore them.

the bullshit they say on here is just awful about how great thier customer service is.

cointerra has lied about everything from the start.

and continue to lie and lie and lie.

you have failed to respond to any emails. facebook twitter and PM on here.

yet you have time to write bull shit like the quote above.

Who are you trying to kid cointerra. Refund us now.

solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:32:59 PM

looks to be some combination of competitors or fanboys trying to trash 'the competition'.  even if some of the scam accusations are from current or former customers it doesn't make cointerra a scam.  scam has a specific meaning being akin to a 'con'. scam companies don't or haven't shipped, or delay shipments indefinitely. - whereas cointerra has shipped all their pre-orders (in most cases, within a few weeks of the due date and most of them in the actual month they were due and in some cases earlier than expected - and now sells from stock.  that isn't the definition of a scam company no matter which way the word scam can be stretched.

can't compare them with other companies that customers are right in calling scams because they sold preorders and promised dates that they are nowhere close to achieving, and in many cases didn't ship systems to customers.  some keep playing the shell game (bitmine, hashfast, butterflylabs).  these companies are months, and in some cases as much as 6 months late in deliveries.   heck, even kncminer isn't as stellar as it once was (read their forums for more details).

yet another shill working for cointerra.... either that or delusional..... I like many.....did not get my pre-order on the promised date. i don't think anyone did......try sending them money and getting a refund, im sure your attitude towards cointerra will change.

i sent cointerra my money. they sent me nothing.... i asked for a refund.... i hear nothing.......

are you for real?

as you seem to jump down the throat of any customers on here who complains about them.

cut the bullshit. legit companies respond to customer emails. and have a customer service employees. i dont believe cointerra even cares

they cannot hide it

Use ignore. He/she doesn't appear to have any authority to actually help with anything cointerra related and just spews a steady stream of rainbows & unicorn nonsense to distract.

Each scam company seems to have at least one of these clowns running interference.
JoseSan

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:05:41 PM

aerobatic revised his estimate, but I'll reiterate what he said:

The entire circuitboard is not handling 3000A. Many, many very short sections of wire deliver between 20-40A from each VRM to many Vdd leads on each chip. That's also why the VRMs are located *right* next to the chips. Almost all the resistive loss is in the chips, hence the extremely large heat exchangers (heat sinks). In terms of heat output per unit of volume, the chips far exceed nuclear fuel rods in this respect (which are also "water cooled").
Sandhog

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:48:20 PM

are you for real?

they cannot hide it

Use ignore. He/she doesn't appear to have any authority to actually help with anything cointerra related and just spews a steady stream of rainbows & unicorn nonsense to distract.

Each scam company seems to have at least one of these clowns running interference.
Jury is still out if CoinTerra will refund all the customers who was granted refund. There were hand full of customers who did received their refund but many have not. I'm waiting for my refund since April 2.  Angry I don't make false accusations so I would said anything that aren't fact. Only fact that I know is that I was told it could take up to 4 weeks for refund on April 2 email and it has past and gone without any update. My account still shows Refund Pending.
DustyRah

Activity: 530

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:50:48 PM

I heard that cointerra are scammers but never used them thought , and probably will never use, feel sorry for those who got scammed.

I don't understand why people think CoinTerra is scammer. There are one of very few legit company in bitcoin market.

Very Best,
Team CoinTerra

My miner is dead in the water for 2 days now after applying a firmware which was sent across by your support staff. Would you kindly help me restore it please because if not for your support staff I would have had a miner mining at least intermittently rather than completely unusable? Have sent a PM yesterday day as well. No response to emails or PM.
Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 12:55:15 AM

SEND YOUR STORY TO THE MEDIA

http://www.infowars.com/support-tickets/

Bloomberg
CNN
FOX
YOUTUBE your story

What happened to you and where is the pictures!!!!
testerx

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:25:41 AM

So I think this makes week 7 this week and no refund...they did offer to be more communicative, though so far that hasn't actually meant anything...
cxz

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:49:01 PM

So I think this makes week 7 this week and no refund...they did offer to be more communicative, though so far that hasn't actually meant anything...

I just spoke to CoinTerra and the actual wait has gone up to 12 weeks from 4. This is a scam and we need to get together and take group legal action.  Before they disappear. PM me if your interested
DustyRah

Activity: 530

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:32:11 PM

I just spoke to CoinTerra and the actual wait has gone up to 12 weeks from 4. This is a scam and we need to get together and take group legal action.  Before they disappear. PM me if your interested

How did you manage to get in touch with them? I have a machine which is dead because of the firmware they sent to me to apply on it. Now they ignore my emails and phone calls.
testerx

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:39:59 PM

I'm already in the works of speaking with a lawyer.  When did they tell you 12 weeks?
cxz

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:06:14 PM

Earlier today. 8-12 week back log. Ask your lawyer about how long they are allowed to keep our refunds and let me know please
cxz

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:59:45 AM

How stupid do cointerra think their customers are? This so called backlog means they are broke. 8-12 weeks to get in and scam as many people before they file for bankruptcy.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: