Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:21:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sia - Siafund Redemption Deadline: June 1st, 2015  (Read 68692 times)
td services

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

black swan hunter

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 06:50:49 AM

Thanks! All this time I've typed everything in the command window.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 07:48:01 PM

Been hodling my few notes since the first sale on NXT AE....
Glad to see this project getting close to launch..

How much longer do we have to redeem the notes before launch?

Taek (OP)

Activity: 543
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 12:15:11 PM

Been hodling my few notes since the first sale on NXT AE....
Glad to see this project getting close to launch..

How much longer do we have to redeem the notes before launch?

We are aiming to launch the currency early June.
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 09:42:51 PM

Is there a defined redemption period for Sianotes?  Also, do you guys have a marketing plan on launch?  Might make sense to get the word out.
Taek (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 05:59:29 AM

Is there a defined redemption period for Sianotes?  Also, do you guys have a marketing plan on launch?  Might make sense to get the word out.

The redemption period currently established is 6 weeks from the initial announcement. We have to check with lawyers to see if this is a legally acceptable period. We intend on being generous with people who miss the deadline but a hard legal deadline must be set so that we do not have potential obligations floating around for an infinite period of time. Therefore we hold no obligation to redeem sianotes beyond 6 weeks from the initial announcement.

Marketing plan:

We plan on making a new thread for Sia on bitcoin talk, altcoin talk, the nxt forums, and we plan on making a post on both reddit and hacker news. With this announcement we're going to distribute the next iteration of the beta (we're in the final stages of pulling it together). We are going to announce a target date for the official launch of the currency. We'll probably try to get ourselves added to calendars and such.

The beta is finally at a point where I feel comfortable trying to generate a lot of buzz. We're in the middle of pulling everything together (including the announcements) right now.
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 03:16:38 PM

The redemption period currently established is 6 weeks from the initial announcement. We have to check with lawyers to see if this is a legally acceptable period. We intend on being generous with people who miss the deadline but a hard legal deadline must be set so that we do not have potential obligations floating around for an infinite period of time. Therefore we hold no obligation to redeem sianotes beyond 6 weeks from the initial announcement.

Marketing plan:

We plan on making a new thread for Sia on bitcoin talk, altcoin talk, the nxt forums, and we plan on making a post on both reddit and hacker news. With this announcement we're going to distribute the next iteration of the beta (we're in the final stages of pulling it together). We are going to announce a target date for the official launch of the currency. We'll probably try to get ourselves added to calendars and such.

The beta is finally at a point where I feel comfortable trying to generate a lot of buzz. We're in the middle of pulling everything together (including the announcements) right now.

Okay, well I'd change the OP of the thread as well as the title to: Sia (Redemption Deadline *Data*)

Sounds good on Marketing, I would also recommend reaching out to Cointelegraph and other web publications. 
marek3ball-orig

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 08:07:49 AM

Maybe if you summarise redemption steps in one place, it could help too:

1) download address generator
2) how to generate address
3) length of the new address (nobody wants to send only half)
4) how can I double check that I have correct address
5) I need to keep the address as a text or generated file too?
6) send sianotes with some exact text message?
7) the message must be encrypted?
Taek (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 08:36:42 AM

Maybe if you summarise redemption steps in one place, it could help too:

1) download address generator
2) how to generate address
3) length of the new address (nobody wants to send only half)
4) how can I double check that I have correct address
5) I need to keep the address as a text or generated file too?
6) send sianotes with some exact text message?
7) the message must be encrypted?

http://www.siacoin.com/sianotes.html

We'll make another page that has less information and is dedicated fully to sianote redemption.

3. There should be 64 characters total in your address.
4. To double check you have the correct address, run 'siag keyinfo myKey.siakey'. It will print the address of the key, you can verify against that.
5. You MUST keep the generated file.
6. Text message doesn't need to be exact, but you should follow the format in sianotes.html. I'm reading your messages manually, not passing them to a machine. There are few enough that it's not too much work.
7. The message does not need to be encrypted, but will provide you with stronger privacy if it is.

=====================

Teaser: https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia-UI/releases/tag/v0.3.0-beta

This is the release! We're preparing the announcements, but that's the download that will be given during the announcement. I encourage you to try it out early. To get coins, you either want to mine or host, or beg for coins on #siacoin on freenode. (we'll be giving them out to help the testnet get going). We're still on the testnet, the mainnet will launch sometime in early June.
zxbball

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 11:50:08 AM

wallet not work?
Taek (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 04:37:59 PM

wallet not work?

Everything should work. What is the error you are running into?

After you mine a block, there is a 50 block holding period before you get your coins. This is similar to Bitcoin's 100 block holding period.

Hosts can expect to take a week or more before making money.
Cyberian Forest

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 11:34:42 PM

Are we still on the testnet? I seem to be having an issue with my wallet balance... I can see that I have mined many blocks but my balance is 0 in the wallet.
I just want to make sure I'm not losing Siacoins somehow in the upgrade process. I have moved over my wallet.dat from the 0.30 to the 0.31 folder.
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 01:01:18 AM

Are we still on the testnet? I seem to be having an issue with my wallet balance... I can see that I have mined many blocks but my balance is 0 in the wallet.
I just want to make sure I'm not losing Siacoins somehow in the upgrade process. I have moved over my wallet.dat from the 0.30 to the 0.31 folder.

Mainnet will be there on June so should still be in testnet.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Taek (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 06:44:35 AM

My apologies, we reset the testnet. Your old coins are gone (anything from sia-ui 0.2.0 or siad 0.3.0 is gone). This will happen one more time on June 7th when we release the full currency. After that point, coins are permanent.
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 08:10:11 AM

My apologies, we reset the testnet. Your old coins are gone (anything from sia-ui 0.2.0 or siad 0.3.0 is gone). This will happen one more time on June 7th when we release the full currency. After that point, coins are permanent.

just saw your other thread - and was pointed back here ...

seems like a good project ...

ill readup more on it ... but what is involved in teh mining of the coin when released? ...

will watch this Smiley ...

crysx

Taek (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 08:26:44 AM

ill readup more on it ... but what is involved in teh mining of the coin when released? ...

crysx

I have created a new thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1060294.0

Unless I am in violation of some forum rule or general etiquette, I would like to make that thread the official Sia thread. Sia has changed substantially since the original creation of this thread, and a significant amount of time has passed.

To answer your mining question, the developers are planning on mining the first 100 blocks or so. After that mining will work much like Bitcoin, anyone can mine and get the full block subsidy. All of coins mined in the first 100 blocks will be used for giveaways, public file uploading, fountains, and other community growing uses. The coins will not be used to line the developers pockets.
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 08:53:15 AM

crysx

I have created a new thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1060294.0

Unless I am in violation of some forum rule or general etiquette, I would like to make that thread the official Sia thread. Sia has changed substantially since the original creation of this thread, and a significant amount of time has passed.

To answer your mining question, the developers are planning on mining the first 100 blocks or so. After that mining will work much like Bitcoin, anyone can mine and get the full block subsidy. All of coins mined in the first 100 blocks will be used for giveaways, public file uploading, fountains, and other community growing uses. The coins will not be used to line the developers pockets.

i have seen ( and commented also ) on that thread as well ...

i think its quite interesting that you have been working on this for so long - yet its all been low key from what i can tell ...

if mining is as easy as pointing the farm to it - you will have our farms support ... though im unaware whether the algo used is already in the miners currently being used ...

would you rather we continue posting on the other thread - or stay on this one? ...

btw - you can just request that this forum be locked after you put your last post stating that the new thread is in motion and active Smiley ...

#crysx

Taek (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 03:10:25 PM

would you rather we continue posting on the other thread - or stay on this one? ...

#crysx

Other thread please
Technologov

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 10:14:47 AM

Is there a way to trade Siastock (Siafund) ?
dedmaroz

Activity: 560
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 05:45:03 PM

is any FPGA miner for this coin?
super3
Legendary

Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 02:14:13 PM

Anyone selling any Siafund?

Bitcoin Dev / Storj - Decentralized Cloud Storage. Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon 2014. / Peercoin Web Lead / Primecoin Web Lead / Armory Guide Author / "Am I the only one that trusts Dogecoin more than the Federal Reserve?"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: