Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:28:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sia - Siafund Redemption Deadline: June 1st, 2015  (Read 68692 times)
findgreenland

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 09:00:01 AM

Update on the IPO.

As of right now, There are 147 sianotes that are still for sale. 49 of these are currently on the AE at 3100 each.
Wasn't the price supposed to be 2400?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Taek (OP)

Activity: 543
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 09:20:25 AM

The original price was 2400, but we sold 1/2 of the supply in under 24 hours. So we raised the price. It's been 3 days and we're down to the last 10% shares, so I'm trying to stretch them out.

You can still buy them for 1BTC = 5 sianotes following the BTC method.

I'm not sure how many shares are on the AE at this point but I'm not planning on releasing any more to the AE. (I think there's like 65 available @ 3100 each). After that I'll leave 1 more day (tomorrow) for BTC sales and then the pre-IPO will be complete.

We've hit our funding goal! This is a big deal and we're very pleased with all the support we've gotten from the community. Stay tuned over the next 6 months, we're going to try and have an alpha version released every 30 days or so. The first alpha release will most likely be a single quorum (128 participants) storing a set of files with wallets and intra-quorum transactions.
SmithsonJim

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 09:50:54 AM

When i saw coolness factor for second i was thinking it would be coin that would lower heating necessary for mining.

Still I don't understand why both SCN and STK when it could be easily one.
Forobitcoins

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:25:43 PM

The original price was 2400, but we sold 1/2 of the supply in under 24 hours. So we raised the price. It's been 3 days and we're down to the last 10% shares, so I'm trying to stretch them out.

I'm not sure how many shares are on the AE at this point but I'm not planning on releasing any more to the AE. (I think there's like 65 available @ 3100 each). After that I'll leave 1 more day (tomorrow) for BTC sales and then the pre-IPO will be complete.

We've hit our funding goal! This is a big deal and we're very pleased with all the support we've gotten from the community. Stay tuned over the next 6 months, we're going to try and have an alpha version released every 30 days or so. The first alpha release will most likely be a single quorum (128 participants) storing a set of files with wallets and intra-quorum transactions.

Congrats, I buy 10 sianotes, good luck!!!

Sorry for my broken English XD
findgreenland

Activity: 93

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:30:16 PM

Congrats, I buy 10 sianotes, good luke!!!

You r really lucky. I didn't expect it would sell in a minute.

Gaoweida

Activity: 71

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:36:32 PM

, take brain up..It would be great to integrate it with subtitle support by community into opensource XBMC.

ReserveShare - 100% Free and Fair. New source code. Proof Of Reserve
Get Daily Free SIGNs before too late.SokJK5zYogvAr1TfgxEUWxeCQSHmNNvzoc
DoubleEagle - Only 100 #XDE - Get 0.03 for FREE! Launching Friday 15th.
Taek (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:51:05 PM

When i saw coolness factor for second i was thinking it would be coin that would lower heating necessary for mining.

Well, it's sort of more friendly. With Bitcoin, nothing is happening except heat is being produced. The calculations used for mining are completely worthless for general computing, and the rigs used for mining can't even be repurposed to do anything else (except break certain hash schemes, I suppose.)

Sia on the other hand uses its 'protection' algorithm to produce storage that is available to the general public. So while it's not 'free' in the same sense that a POS (how do we distinguish between proof-of-storage and proof-of-stake?) currency doesn't burn energy, Sia does replace the general datacenter, providing two functions at once. Overall I think Sia would be better for the ecosystem. But the other benefit is economic, because storage on Sia can only be acquired using Siacoins, which causes inherent demand for the Siacoin that's directly related to the value of the storage on Sia.

< this isn't strictly true... Sia relies heavily on fully random numbers, which ends up being very difficult to pull off in a quorum, potentially impossible. The solution we've chosen is a proof-of-work model (and actually, you can just use the existing Bitcoin blockchain), which damages the environmental argument because our random number generation is just as wasteful as traditional POW currencies >

Still I don't understand why both SCN and STK when it could be easily one.

What is unclear? Did you read the economic model?

Siacoin is supposed to be inflationary, because we want to keep the emphasis of the value on the people who are actively contributing to Sia. With Bitcoin, people who provided $1000 worth of mining in the first 6 months have hundreds of thousands of dollars of reward today. Imagine if instead that hundreds of thousands of dollars was going to todays miners. The hashrate would be higher, and the currency would probably also be more stable ("more stable", though I doubt stable enough to defeat the instability argument).

At the same time, we need a way to feed ourselves. At this stage, that meant doing fundraising, which meant we needed some convincing source of value for our investors. Selling a coin that's permanently inflationary didn't sound too attractive to me. The other thing is that I've always felt like premining is a "dirty" way to get money for the developers. It's not clear exactly how much value the developers will have, and there's a large potential for the early adopters to have control over the markets. Someone owning 1% of a currency can perform massive manipulations, and if they're good at manipulating the market they will profit greatly at everyone else's expense.

Siastock derives its value from Siacoin, but the reverse is not true. If someone performs a massive pump-and-dump on Siastock, only Siastock holders will be affected. This rests well with me, because Siastock is designed to be highly speculative. It's where the greatest opportunity for making money is. But it shelters the people who just want to use Sia for storage, as they will be using exclusively Siacoin. Over time (after the initial explosive growth of Sia... [fingers crossed]), the Siacoin should be stable in an inflationary direction, and ultimately a poor long term investment. Siastock on the other hand gains value as Sia gains value, and is a fantastic investment (though risky) for anyone who's confident that Sia as a whole will continue to gain value.

I think that separating Siacoin from Siastock will end up being one of the defining improvements of Sia over other cryptocurrencies.
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 08:53:47 PM

Hi David,

Can you please confirm receipt of my btc deposit via email when you get a chance please.

Smiley

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Taek (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 09:21:55 PM

Hi David,

Can you please confirm receipt of my btc deposit via email when you get a chance please.

Smiley

Yes, I have received your coins, will be sending the sianotes in the next few minutes.

=====================================

I'm announcing the close of our IPO. We will no longer be accepting Bitcoins for sianotes. 27 sianotes are still available on the AE for 3100 each, once these are sold there will be no more added.

Thank you very much for participating.
sherpico77

Activity: 72
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 09:06:58 PM

Great idea, interesting project. Good luck
turtlerabbit

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 10:32:23 PM

Am I late into the party???
CashFlow

Activity: 73

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 10:38:47 PM

This is a torrent. 0 idea. want to fuck money "free"
sherpico77

Activity: 72
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 10:58:54 PM

Am I late into the party???

You can use Nxt Asset Exchange to buy shares ('sianote' asset)
Taek (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 12:20:50 AM

You can use Nxt Asset Exchange to buy shares ('sianote' asset)

We (the developers) are not selling Sianotes any more, but one of the advantages of using the Nxt AE is that a few other people are selling shares that they bought earlier. Especially if you post a buy at a high enough price, you will be able to get your hands on some.

I believe right now there are a few available for 3100, which is the price we (the developers) were selling them for at the end of the fund-raiser.
John_Paul

Activity: 269

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:30:39 PM

@Taek - does Sia network has to be decentralized? It seems the services that Sia provide do not require Sia network to be decentralized as long as the network is encrypted. The network is encrypted and distributed but the company can be an organized legal entity
Taek (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:36:22 AM

@Taek - does Sia network has to be decentralized? It seems the services that Sia provide do not require Sia network to be decentralized as long as the network is encrypted. The network is encrypted and distributed but the company can be an organized legal entity

The network does not have to be decentralized, though I think that there are substantial advantages to it being decentralized, from a societal perspective even if that's not what's best for the company. Imagine if the internet were fully centralized, where you had to go through some central server and pay some fee in order to host your own website. It would have killed a lot of random quirky things that ended up being very beautiful.

Siastock gives us the potential to have tens of millions and even hundreds of millions of dollars in annual revenue. For a single product, this is plenty for me.
gvans

Activity: 281

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 02:00:50 PM

Siastock gives us the potential to have tens of millions and even hundreds of millions of dollars in annual revenue. For a single product, this is plenty for me.

Wow, that is a hefty estimate. Then again I really don't have the competence to judge it wrong or right. But what kind of timeframe do you think this could be accomplished in, potentially?

BTC 1Mye3mqB9WQdCj3uFwx6zcRArnzbUiq6Ro  ★ [NXT] NXT-RA49-RXFR-V6WE-97HT9
★ [ORA] LOGO  ★ [NEM] LOGO  ★ [NXT] MONOLITH  ★ [EXO] LOGO  ★ [FIMK] LOGO  ★ [NODE] LOGO
techboy

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 03:12:10 PM

even if sia coin just managed to become a 30m $ USD market cap coin .... it is still going to be 30x from ipo price.
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 03:44:20 PM

Wow, that is a hefty estimate. Then again I really don't have the competence to judge it wrong or right. But what kind of timeframe do you think this could be accomplished in, potentially?

This would be possible if Sia becomes the standard for decentralized crypto storage.  It will take years.
gitinahang

Activity: 43
Merit: 30

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 05:39:34 PM

When you are ready to raise money for the real ipo which you have mentioned should be at least 10x more expensive are you going to continue

using the NXT asset exchange under the same asset? If you do so only now asking for a much higher price than the pre ipo you will have pre ipo asset

holders undercutting your price to make their profit and you will not raise as much. Can you explain what your plan for this is?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: