Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:30:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sia - Siafund Redemption Deadline: June 1st, 2015  (Read 68690 times)
Taek (OP)

Activity: 543
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:33:03 PM

A lot of things have changed.

Current plans:

0. Review and refactor codebase. This will take probably all of this week. We're going to start at a high level, see what's working and what isn't, build out a bunch of tests for the stable code, and then rewrite any code that no longer makes sense. Ultimately we're probably going to end up replacing around 30% of the existing code. That's just an estimate.
1. Fix network instability intolerance. I think Luke knows what he's doing, and should be able to resolve most of the problems within the next 2 weeks.
2. Implementation of nonces in the quorum that throws out scripts which have already been processed. Shouldn't take too long.
3. Full cryptographic synchronization. This one might take longer, because there are things we'll need that we haven't started programming yet.
4. Wallets get destroyed after running out of funds.
5. Test-net, with full uptime nodes hosted in several locations (we have a few volunteers who will help to host these), running full blockchains. It'll be self-monitoring and self restarting, and it'll log all problems that happen.

After that there should be uploading, downloading, sending money around, all based in a scripting system. There will be proof of storage, network stability, and a test-net that helps us find issues with the quorum. Still no user friendly client at that point.

Overall I'm expecting this to take a month. I'd like to imagine that it'll go faster but I can't be certain.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tobo

Activity: 763
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 01:03:48 AM

Siatoken
Momimaus

Activity: 767

Never back down !!!

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 10:18:04 AM

Thank you. Sounds very good.

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
Taek (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 01:39:10 AM

So, we've been holding off on this announcement, but I think we're at a place where we can tell everyone.

We've just signed a $375,000 agreement for 7.5% of the company equity. There's still some paperwork to sign, but we should have the cash by the end of July. Which means we're also about to be hiring one or two full time employees. We need someone who will build the frontend, and will preferably work and live in Boston. We might be able to pick up an MIT graduate. I've got a really good feeling as a whole about our investor, he's had several hit investments and is really interested in seeing Sia succeed.

Another thing that's in progress is that we're going to be involved with the MIT Bitcoin project. We haven't met anyone in person yet but we should be meeting with the guys leading the initiative in the next few weeks.

So, on the business front things are looking good.
Daedelus

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:49:29 AM

So, we've been holding off on this announcement, but I think we're at a place where we can tell everyone.

We've just signed a $375,000 agreement for 7.5% of the company equity. There's still some paperwork to sign, but we should have the cash by the end of July. Which means we're also about to be hiring one or two full time employees. We need someone who will build the frontend, and will preferably work and live in Boston. We might be able to pick up an MIT graduate. I've got a really good feeling as a whole about our investor, he's had several hit investments and is really interested in seeing Sia succeed.

Another thing that's in progress is that we're going to be involved with the MIT Bitcoin project. We haven't met anyone in person yet but we should be meeting with the guys leading the initiative in the next few weeks.

Can you check my maths?

A $375,000 investment for 7.5% equity values Sia at $5million.

The 1500 Sianotes being sold on Nxt Asset Exchange represent 15% of the company? So the AE market cap at that valuation should be $750,000.

Sianote is currently valued at 4200 NXT * 1500 = 6.3 million NXT = $318,623.

So Sianote is currently selling at 42% its fair value. So.... panic buy?
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 08:22:52 AM

Just the MIT Bitcoin project would have been good on its own.  Smiley The spin-offs, connections, and interest this will generate for Sia, shouldn't be under estimated.
And now you have seasoned investors already interested and willing to buy-in. Nicely done Sir.  Cool
Something tells me this space is going to heat up very soon, with more smart money moving in across the main contenders, in the hope of being positioned to carve out market share. Watching with interest. 
Vendettacoin

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 08:30:05 AM

How can i join now?

voldemort628

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 08:35:42 AM

How can i join now?

sianotes are available on Nxt AE. make sure u follow instructions carefully and get the right asset.
http://nxtforum.org/ is a good start. Smiley

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▐ CRYPTI▐
a Node.JS coin built from scratch. With Proof of Time, Purchase and Identity. Custom blockchains and much more!
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 08:44:28 AM

How can i join now?
Buy some Nxt from Poloniex or BTER, download the official Nxt client, and create an account...... http://nxtra.org/nxt-wallet/  
and buy/bid for sianote, on the AE.

Daedelus

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 08:46:20 AM

Do the assets on AE represent 15% of the company?

Edit: Yes

SiaNotes

Promoter(s)
Taek
What is it? 
Decentralized Cloud Storage Network
What percentage is being sold? 
15%
How many siastock to be sold?
1500 (out of 10,000)
What price will they be sold at?
2400 NXT (subject to change with exchange rates - raising 250 BTC total)
Nxtforum discussion
https://nxtforum.org/alternate-cryptocurrencies/sia-official-nxt-thread/
Other sites
www.siacoin.com
bitcointalk thread
Nxt account used to issue assets
NXT-K5ZJ-NNR2-4J4B-D92UF
(13179792715523067888 in original format)
Asset ID
Asset Name
sianote
Ticker symbol
SIAN
stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 08:57:21 AM

It could now be interpreted as 22.5% of siastock would have been sold, and this deal could form part of the extra 25% (40% total) that was going to be sold, after sia was complete.

"After the completion of Sia, an additional volume of Siastock will be sold in an IPO, likely 25%. (The total sold between the pre-IPO and IPO would then be 40%). During the IPO, Siastock will be substantially more expensive and be used to acquire office space, full time developers, security audits of both the protocol and of the software, as well as marketing."

Can Taek clear this up?
Tobo

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 01:37:34 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2014, 02:08:53 PM by Tobo

Sia sold about 12% of sianotes at the pre-sale, not 15%. I guess that this 7.5% shares sold are shares of Nebulous, the company, not the sianote. Sianote is one of the main income resources of Nebulous in the future and the sole resource in the beginning. So the higher the company's stock value, the higher the sianote's value.
Momimaus

Never back down !!!

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 04:27:39 PM

Sia sold about 12% of sianotes at the pre-sale, not 15%. I guess that this 7.5% shares sold are shares of Nebulous, the company, not the sianote. Sianote is one of the main income resources of Nebulous in the future and the sole resource in the beginning. So the higher the company's stock value, the higher the sianote's value.

Why 12%?

He said 10000 shares in total. And he sold 1500 at IPO.

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 04:28:11 PM

Very good news, interested to hear what comes of the MIT project.
Tobo

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:02:15 PM

Why 12%?

Because the investors liked this project so much and Sia could reach their funding goal with about 1250 sianotes - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=591283.200

it also means that the sianotes in circulation are rarer than people thought and should be more valuable.
Momimaus

Never back down !!!

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:59:06 PM

Why 12%?

Because the investors liked this project so much and Sia could reach their funding goal with about 1250 sianotes - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=591283.200

it also means that the sianotes in circulation are rarer than people thought and should be more valuable.

alright. good to know

aiying715

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:39:10 AM

Can you check my maths?

The 1500 Sianotes being sold on Nxt Asset Exchange represent 15% of the company? So the AE market cap at that valuation should be $750,000.

Let me tell u guys,the ultimate Cruel truth is that totally 10000 Sianote just represent 3.9% host income from renting storage.One Sianote can be directly converted to 0.00039% host income from renting storage.The other is nothing.No represent the company.No represent the siacoin.No represent anything.

The Below can prove it.

"One Sianote can be directly converted to 0.00039% of host income from renting storage, or 10,000 for 3.9% of all host income from storage. Currently, there are approximately 1250 sianotes in circulation, or just under 0.5%."

Hi Taek,

I have a question about IPO,This time 15% IPO means 15% siacoins or 15% siastock or total project 15%(siacoins+siastock)?

Waiting for your reply,thanks.

The pre-IPO is just for siastock. No siacoins are involved, except that siastock provides an income in siacoins as explained by the economic model.

We're thinking 3.9%. If we took too much, then hosts wouldn't be inclined to be on our network, which would be bad for the entire network.

The Siastock would be owned by Nebulous Incorporated, which is a company and not two individuals. That's an important distinction. We are looking for large volumes of income, initially on the order of millions of dollars but we would like to see Nebulous become a Google or Microsoft sized company. At that point most of the revenue would be coming from sources other than Siastock, of course.

Siastocks will never turn into Nebulous stocks. There are legal barriers to doing that.

It's very difficult to crowd fund corporate equity, and it's strongly recommended against by every lawyer I've talked to so far. You can crowd fund a product (like through Kickstarter), but as soon as you are selling equity to a bunch of little investors you've got legal problems.

So wake up guys,Sia project is amazing,but sianote is just a joke.What a pitiful ROI,that's why I ignore it.
tobeaj2mer01
Legendary

Activity: 1098

Angel investor.

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:47:36 AM

Maybe joining in Siacoin now is too late, price is too high.

Sirx: SQyHJdSRPk5WyvQ5rJpwDUHrLVSvK2ffFa
Taek (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:02:39 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2014, 03:34:16 AM by Taek

Can you check my maths?

Do the assets on AE represent 15% of the company?

Edit: Yes

SiaNotes

Promoter(s)
Taek
What is it?  
Decentralized Cloud Storage Network
What percentage is being sold?  
15%
How many siastock to be sold?
1500 (out of 10,000)
What price will they be sold at?
2400 NXT (subject to change with exchange rates - raising 250 BTC total)
Nxtforum discussion
https://nxtforum.org/alternate-cryptocurrencies/sia-official-nxt-thread/
Other sites
www.siacoin.com
bitcointalk thread
Nxt account used to issue assets
NXT-K5ZJ-NNR2-4J4B-D92UF
(13179792715523067888 in original format)
Asset ID
Asset Name
sianote
Ticker symbol
SIAN

Woah HUGE clarification needs to be made. Sianotes ARE NOT corporate stock/equity. For the $375,000, we sold corporate equity, which is very different from Sianotes. Our investor doesn't own any sianotes at all.

Tobo is correct. ~1250 sianotes were sold during the initial crowd-fund. While the original post said that would equal 12.5% of all Sianotes (and indeed equal 12.5% of all Sianotes created on the AE), we have reserved the right to change the number of Sianotes in circulation. 1 sianote earns 0.00039% of host income from renting storage. The full legal rules are established at http://www.siacoin.com/sianotes.html. In total just under 0.5% of all host income has been sold off.

Before you buy Sianotes, make sure you understand what you are buying. You ARE NOT buying equity, you are not buying a percentage of the company. You are buying a percentage of host income from storage, which will still have significant value if Sia takes off.

The post investment valuation of Nebulous Incorporated (the company behind Sia -- Apple is to Iphone as Nebulous is to Sia) is 5 million dollars. I expect it to be a lot higher once we've got a beta that's easy to use and stores files securely.

So wake up guys,Sia project is amazing,but sianote is just a joke.What a pitiful ROI,that's why I ignore it.

Currently Sianotes are being sold for ~$250 USD each. 1250 are then worth about $312,500, meaning at current network prices, the total host income for storage (which will also be about the amount of money spent on storage) is estimated to be about $62,000,000. This is over the entire history of Sia. Sianotes are far from worthless, especially if you expect Sia to sell more than $62,000,000 of storage over its entire lifetime. We (the devs) certainly do.

Let me know if any of you are confused about something. I'm happy to continue clarifying.
stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 07:25:12 AM

Let me know if any of you are confused about something. I'm happy to continue clarifying.
Do you still plan to sell another 25% block of shares? How much?

Also, does the investor bring anything more, other than money?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: