Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:36:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SELL] BtcJam arbitrations I won  (Read 2086 times)
bitpop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 06:54:59 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2014, 11:54:16 AM by bitpop

I have 3 arbitrations I won, about .6 btc each. I don't know how to collect. They include the borrowers information. Anyone interested in buying the debt? Borrowers are in America.

I have a couple more, 1 borrower had 2 loans.

All have facebook info

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pbleak
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 09:25:13 PM

I'm curious enough, but why can you not just collect yourself? Is there some issue stopping you? I mean surely there is somewhere this process is outlined?

bitpop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 09:31:26 PM

No I have no clue what to do

pbleak
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 09:38:10 PM

OK I'll do some research. I actually never followed up on the one btcjam I could have (but it was a smaller amount), but I might consider this worth doing. Will get to you as soon as I can.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3015

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 01:36:12 AM

Borrowers are in America.

Any of those in Canada?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
pbleak
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 10:45:03 AM

Did you ever have any luck with arbitration recouping Vod?
bitpop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 11:48:26 AM

Borrowers are in America.

Any of those in Canada?

No they all seem usa

I can show them to you if you want

bitpop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 12:31:35 PM

Take a look

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=605994.0

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3015

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 02:27:59 PM

Did you ever have any luck with arbitration recouping Vod?

I haven't had to yet.  And I could only deal with cases in Canada.   Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
pbleak
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 10:22:41 PM

These guys are operating on the BTJam investments Facebook group: http://www.coindebtcollection.com/

Might be worth a look. See what you make of them anyway.
bitpop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 06:30:29 AM

These guys are operating on the BTJam investments Facebook group: http://www.coindebtcollection.com/

Might be worth a look. See what you make of them anyway.

Thanks

byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 08:22:19 PM

I would also like to know what to do with the Arbitration Award. Do I have to go to the police or something, and make them arrest the scammer?
I lost a tiny amount of BTC on BTCJam, got awarded, and I'd like to know how to get the money back.
Killerloop

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 09:24:26 PM

I would also like to know what to do with the Arbitration Award. Do I have to go to the police or something, and make them arrest the scammer?

You aren't going to jail for defaulting on loans.

You have proof of loan, proof of debt, personal information of the borrower and an arbitration from a recognized third party. Each country handles things differently... what happens in the USA? Bailiffs? Debt collection agencies?

For more benefit: http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money_and_tax/personal_finance/debt/court_procedures.html

Loan request: "I need 7 BTC because We hired an archaelogist and asked him: Is there a treasure? And he said yes!"
RiverBoatBTC

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 09:29:32 PM

I can track people down, parents relatives, liens, I can also advice you on how to go about collecting your funds. I work for a company that does in house finance and we deal with these sorts of things all the time.

I will dox a person to show my what I can do if you give me a couple of minutes. Next ones will cost you Smiley

RiverBoatBTC

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 09:34:47 PM

Name:James Peyatt
Address: 1609 Fairlawn Dr
Hermitage, PA 16148
    <----------------------- Recent address
(Most recent address was added on: 2/2013)
Phone Number: Click here to run check
Criminal Records:Click here to run check
Previous Addresses:
1609 Fairlawn Dr
Hermitage, PA 16148-1958

41 Maplelawn St SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49548-3340

6437 Trumbull Ave Hubbard
Hubbard, OH 44425-2465

41 Maplelawn St SE

41 Maplelawn St SE

Name Appears As:James E Peyatt, James E Peyatt Jr, James Edward Peyatt, James Edward Peyatt Jr, James Peyatt Jr, Jim Peyatt
Possible Relatives:James Edward Peyatt Sr, Jason S Peyatt, Shirl D Peyatt, Stephanie M Peyatt
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date of Birth
6/1982
Phone Number
724-981-1549
   <------ Last know number of record
Additional Phone Numbers
616-532-5220
----------------------------
1 Criminal Record showing
Bankruptcies (1)
-------------------------------
5 possible relatives were found

Name   Background Search
James Edward Peyatt Sr   
Run Search
Jason S Peyatt   
Run Search
Shirl D Peyatt   
Run Search
Stephanie M Peyatt   
Run Search
Jenny Lea Jerome

bitpop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 06:24:09 AM

Looks like he pulled a bankruptcy

ebritno

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:46:59 AM

Sorry to revive this, but I have been researching this and here is a general outline of the processes. I am not a lawyer. This should put many in the right direction, but it would take an idiot to neglect to fact check this.

1. Upon receiving the award, both parties are notified.

2. As the award winner you must give ample time for the other party to pay, this is usually 30 days.
   You may wish to POLITELY, inform the other party with a written letter (that you will copy, sign, and send) of their obligation to pay, or at least to try to pay.

3a. If the defaulter does not try to work with you, you will need to petition a state court to confirm your award. You will want to petition a court that has jurisdiction over the defaulter (such as the court of the state they live in).
     In case you do not know, confirmation (in this context) is the process of a judge reviewing the award and then passing a judgement on it.
     In case you do not know, petition (in this context) is a formal written document asking the court to act in some way. Such as to confirm something.
     If a judgement is passed on your award, it will be legally binding.
     If your award is approved by the courts, they will issue what is called a "fi fa", which will charge the sheriff with seizing and liquidating the assets of the defaulter.
     Confirmation of arbitration awards is generally regarded as procedural, and if everything was done correctly it should be relatively painless to pursue.

3b. Many states have a specific application you can fill out to petition the courts. They may also require additional information such as (but not limited too):
     1. Proof that the other party was informed that you would petition the courts.
     2. A copy of the Arbitration agreement.
     3. A copy of the Arbitration Award.
     4. An affidavit regarding the arbitration award (2-4 are available for a $35 fee at arb-net).
     5. A Proposed Order, telling a court what relief you are seeking.
     6. A memorandum of law, basically stating legal precedent for why the judge should confirm.
     7. Possibly others...

Since arb-net is a binding arbitration, and US law caters to arbitration willingly, you should have no problem getting a a judgement on your award, provided you follow all the steps required of you.

Also, many UN nations have ratified several treaties upholding arbitration, and you may find it easily enforceable internationally as well.

3c. Some applications to petition a court for confirmation of your award may require an additional fee as well. This will vary from state to state.

3d. Do not forget to consider time, energy, and postage when pursuing your award.

3d. You may have to physically appear before the court, but this is not always the case.

3e. Some states will allow you to claim the expenditures that you make to confirm your award, as part of your award. This may not always be the case, do be careful. You don't want to lose your award for daring to give a scam-er what they deserve.

3g. You need to get the award confirmed within a year of receiving it. If not, you may lose the ability to confirm it due to federal law.

4. It will generally take 2 -14 months before you will receive your money once the process has started.

Interesting note: A judgement is entered into the public record, which credit companies check. This process will likely harm the defaulters credit score for 5-10 years.

Other note: With the amount of time and energy involved, it may not be worth pursuing for anything less than a couple hundred dollars.

Also: You probably will not need a lawyer (you can represent your self with a petition), but you might if they try to contest it with their own representation.

Lastly: statistically most defaulters will try to accommodate once courts enter the conversation. It maybe worth pursuing, at least to a point, even if not 100%.

I hope this helps some people.
bitpop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 11:12:18 AM

Thanks all are out of state and I don't think I can file without going there or at least hiring a lawyer. Hence, I'm looking for someone who knows what they're doing to just buy the debt.

Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:56:41 PM

Thanks all are out of state and I don't think I can file without going there or at least hiring a lawyer. Hence, I'm looking for someone who knows what they're doing to just buy the debt.

How much are you asking for each one?

bitpop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 11:55:44 PM

How much are you asking for each one?

Make an offer

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: