Bitcoin Forum
January 24, 2017, 05:08:33 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.2  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin be used to sent money to family in Cambodia ?  (Read 3064 times)
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:10:31 AM

You can send bitcoin anywhere in the world.

Just make sure that your family has a way to convert the bitcoin to fiat and/or convert the bitcoin they receive into the good/services that they need.

Compared to services like Western Union bitcoin is much cheaper.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1036

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 05:26:46 AM

The US has Coinbase so it is very easy to turn USD into Bitcoin for about 1% in fees.  If Cambodia gets a similar service, then you will be able to send money to Cambodia for 2% and maybe even cheaper if the fees lower. 

It might not be possible to send money right now, but in the future almost all countries will have big Coinbase like companies.  Lots of money to be made there. 

I think in three years bitcoin becomes faster and easier and cheaper than banks, PayPal, or Western Union to just about any major country in the world. 

NEM      Faucet      Slack Invite      Easy API’s      Light Wallet      Amazing White Paper       Supernodes     Telegram Invite     Mijin 
bitcambodia

Activity: 46

Bringing Bitcoin to Cambodia

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 03:53:29 AM

I am in Cambodia and I buy bitcoins.  I'm on Localbitcoins under the same name.

Our bitcoin cafe in Cambodia: facebook.com/coincafecambodia
Blog: kirifarms.com/blog
DannyElfman

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:02:54 PM

The US has Coinbase so it is very easy to turn USD into Bitcoin for about 1% in fees.  If Cambodia gets a similar service, then you will be able to send money to Cambodia for 2% and maybe even cheaper if the fees lower. 

It might not be possible to send money right now, but in the future almost all countries will have big Coinbase like companies.  Lots of money to be made there. 

I think in three years bitcoin becomes faster and easier and cheaper than banks, PayPal, or Western Union to just about any major country in the world. 
There are bitcoin traders all over the world. The OP should check the marketplace section of these forums for potential ways to sell bitcoin for fiat (and/or goods/services) in Cambodia

This spot for rent.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.