Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:52:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dark Wallet: Let There Be Dark!  (Read 5360 times)
davidgdg

Activity: 551
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 10:17:19 AM

Feeling a bit useless. Two Newbie-style questions:

1. Where do I go to give feedback on Dark wallet?  I have noticed a couple of things but not sure where to post/tell.

2. Is there any user-friendly info on what stealth addresses, coinjoin and multi-sig do and how to use them within dark wallet? Stealth addresses in particular have me completely baffled and what I've read so far hasn't made me any less baffled ;-(

Many thanks

"There is only one thing that is seriously morally wrong with the world, and that is politics. By 'politics' I mean all that, and only what, involves the State." Jan Lester "Escape from Leviathan"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xDan

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 10:51:53 AM

Is there any good overview of what DarkWallet *is*?

I backed it for the wallet and privacy aspect, but what's with the "lobby"? And chat rooms!? It's like an electrum server but you can chat with other users? What's the use case for that?

great work anyway, nice to see you guys delivering

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
Ibistru

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 12:05:53 PM

1. Where do I go to give feedback on Dark wallet?  I have noticed a couple of things but not sure where to post/tell.

2. Is there any user-friendly info on what stealth addresses, coinjoin and multi-sig do and how to use them within dark wallet? Stealth addresses in particular have me completely baffled and what I've read so far hasn't made me any less baffled ;-(

Many thanks

I guess the best way is to visit their official website:
http://darkwallet.is/

and write them an email or post in their forum.

Is there any good overview of what DarkWallet *is*?

I backed it for the wallet and privacy aspect, but what's with the "lobby"? And chat rooms!? It's like an electrum server but you can chat with other users? What's the use case for that?

great work anyway, nice to see you guys delivering
The lobby is just a trollbox, like the one on BTCe. You can use it to chat with other darkwallet users.
genjix (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 12:22:43 PM

Many thanks

1. https://wiki.unsystem.net/index.php/DarkWallet/HowToHelp#Communicating_with_the_team

2. I'll make videos soon.
gtraah

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:07:57 AM

I think there should be an easy way to get people to trust wallets that get created, because lets just say 100s wallets start getting uploaded and 20% of these are scam wallets this 20% will scare people fro trying ANY other wallet than Multibit, Electrum or Bitcoin QT... maybe the bitcoin dev guys should have a stamp of approval thingo , so basically if someone wants to develop something for BTC it will have to go through them for checking and security and once we see the B TICK TICK symbol or whatever people now know this is safe to use. I think thats a good idea
genjix (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 10:23:40 AM

good idea, i'll ask the other wallets about something like this. it should be fair and open though.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:24:09 PM

I think there should be an easy way to get people to trust wallets that get created, because lets just say 100s wallets start getting uploaded and 20% of these are scam wallets this 20% will scare people fro trying ANY other wallet than Multibit, Electrum or Bitcoin QT... maybe the bitcoin dev guys should have a stamp of approval thingo , so basically if someone wants to develop something for BTC it will have to go through them for checking and security and once we see the B TICK TICK symbol or whatever people now know this is safe to use. I think thats a good idea

I don't think anyone would really do that, as it's only giving the opportunity for some new wallet to use the trust of other wallets to potentially set up a long-con scam of their own.

more or less retired.
M++

Activity: 342

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 03:47:27 PM

Awesome work, thanks dude. My 1st post is for you.

Your program give me faith in bitcoin. It's a big step no doubt, hope you can release it without problem, will be proud to use it instead of blockchain.info .

After i saw your program, i took a look at unsystem, and some of your video. I'am all with you. Deal with it, there is no turning back.

Keep going, there is not a lot of guy pure as you are, i hope you can release Darkwallet and working on Darkmarket... I'm feeling sorry to not be a programmer, and make a project like you do Cheesy So for now i will just donate what i can afford to.

Fliphodl.com ICO Analysis Website.
genjix (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:04:41 AM

thank you. our fund is here: https://wiki.unsystem.net/index.php/DarkWallet/Project_multisig_fund

btw interview with cody,
http://onpoint.wbur.org/2014/05/06/bitcoin-dark-money-dark-wallet

golden bits are at 27:30 and 37:00
lots of comments from liberals with fascist tendencies.
ihaveaducky

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:45:02 AM

one word, centralized.
genjix (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:49:08 AM

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:58:05 AM

Hey, I thought you figured out how to embed videos into this forum.  Smiley
Congrats on Dark Wallet, it looks to be a popular project.

snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 02:04:56 AM

Like the video. Saw Dark Wallet on the DN the other day, I'm all for it. I support everything that enables/helps anonymity. Will be following this thread to see when all the kinks get worked out.

SunSeeder

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:45:25 AM

Are they suggesting that centralized development is good?

About the dust example: if the dark wallet team decides to ignore it, the majority will force it one way or the other. If the majority rejects dust, miners who accept them will lose out. That is kind of the strong point of decentralization.

If Bitcoin breaks because there are multiple implementations, then it should do so, the faster the better.
Diana Clark

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:58:55 AM

Rest assured the Govt will not be happy.
genjix (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 05:27:33 AM

I want to clear up some facts which I'm seeing propagated a lot.

Dark Wallet coinjoin goes through a server, but the server cannot see any details of your transaction nor can they steal your coins. All details are encrypted for the counterparty, and all signing happens in the client.

The only weakness here is that a server gets taken down stopping the service in which case you switch to another service. Even if the NSA controlled the server, they wouldn't be able to steal your coins or observe your transaction at all.

Lastly the server is sharing messages with other servers (we are improving this too), so it isn't really centralised. It is federated kind of like how different email providers inter-operate with each other. The decentralised aspect will only improve over time as we develop standards and deploy technology.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 05:40:37 AM

Congrats, darkwallet brings Bitcoin back to the reason I started using it in the first place. Power to the people.

BitOnyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Cryptocurrencies Exchange

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 12:20:14 PM

There is all kind of approach to this problem.

Right now it is alpha so it is rather hard to put any kind of mark on it. Until more people are going to use it and there is going to be full version everyone should use it with caution.

EFFV

Activity: 278

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 09:41:12 PM

Seems interesting Ill keep an eye on this project.

"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."  -Lao Tzu
My Trust Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=474589.new#new
jantenner81

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

CIYAM - UI/UX design

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 11:05:05 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2014, 06:03:37 AM by jantenner81

i really like idea and also alpha version of darkwallet.
Great design btw maybe a few adjustments on this side.

Great progess thx unsystem for the efforts

AT - Automated Transactions
CIYAM | Developer
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: