Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:07:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Got to keep reminding myself ...  (Read 2575 times)
pinksheep

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 11:42:30 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2014, 11:56:25 AM by pinksheep

Just googled it - sounds fascinating Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bananaControl

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Decentralize All The Things!

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 11:42:47 AM

Whatever happens, there is a prophecy that men will soon experience great wealth but many of them face the problem of having too little spiritual growth to support the gained riches. Whether that prophecy has something to do with bitcoin or not, remains unknown, but it may easily turn out that way. If I remember correctly, the prophecy had something to do with 2017 when man kind will move to the 5th dimension as a whole.

My psychic dog from the 6th dimension just told me that you are full of it.
FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 11:54:38 AM

Whatever happens, there is a prophecy that men will soon experience great wealth but many of them face the problem of having too little spiritual growth to support the gained riches. Whether that prophecy has something to do with bitcoin or not, remains unknown, but it may easily turn out that way. If I remember correctly, the prophecy had something to do with 2017 when man kind will move to the 5th dimension as a whole.

Is your dog Herman? The 6th-dimensional planet smasher that Ziltoid tries to summon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65gsQucAsfE
pinksheep

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 11:56:47 AM

Just googled it - sounds fascinating Smiley

But more than a bit crazy!!!!!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
bananaControl

Activity: 322

Decentralize All The Things!

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:04:30 PM

Is your dog Herman? The 6th-dimensional planet smasher that Ziltoid tries to summon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65gsQucAsfE

Gee sure hope not, but she does come when I call "Herman" and wave a bone - this is mighty ominous indeed! Better spend all my coins on hookers and booze before it's too late.

TERA

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:12:36 PM

For the past year, prices have had nothing to do with adoption and everything to do with exchange trading, volume, and speculators. So if the price appears to you to not be following adoption, that is why.
yenom

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:30:03 PM

That this long-ass wait for a price change is normal.   Im getting frustrated.  A little disillusioned.  I mean surely adoption must be increasing around the world.  Yet the price goes nowhere.
LOL, the price is still moving by 3-5% a day during this "quiet" period. Let's take today as an example, BTC has only moved by 2.8%.

But all other major markets in the world have moved much less. What exactly do you want?

Why is it so much harder to be patient this time?  

What is your investment timescale? Are you a trader? If you are a trader, then I can imagine it must be quite dull, but look at the daily chart. There are very, very few candles with low range. Most (I would say > 80%) have decent range for trading. So, if you are a trader, you are impatient and you will lose your shirt.

If you're not a trader, but a hodler investor, then you should have patience longer than a few weeks or months. I am investing in bitcoin myself for a long, long time and I don't give two shits about the lack of volatility intraday, or even intra-week. I use an alert App on my Android device to alert me when the price has dropped 10%, so I can buy. I also have alerts at support and resistance levels and don't bother looking at the chart that much. I've got it down to twice a day now...  Grin

Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
~ Aristotle
BittBurger (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 04:16:22 PM

Cos this time, the price is grinding down. Jul-Oct, the price was grinding up, and then exploded to upside.

Yeah.  I think you're right.  Its more difficult because it is creeping downwards. 

If you look at the last "lull" it was going nearly straight sideways. 

We were doing the 190-220 thing for the entire 6 months.

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 04:45:48 PM

Holding bitcoin should be thought of as at least a 5-10yr position. We've gotten spoiled by the crazy bulls runs of 2013. Refactor your expectations.

It's an incredible opportunity to be present at the beginning of a ground-breaking new technology/paradigm. Humanity has not had ideal money since before we needed to transact quickly over distance. Now we've solved that 200yr old problem. To have an asymmetric investment opportunity along with that is icing on the cake.

Don't get greedy with your timeframes.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:49:57 PM

Holding bitcoin should be thought of as at least a 5-10yr position. We've gotten spoiled by the crazy bulls runs of 2013. Refactor your expectations.

It's an incredible opportunity to be present at the beginning of a ground-breaking new technology/paradigm. Humanity has not had ideal money since before we needed to transact quickly over distance. Now we've solved that 200yr old problem. To have an asymmetric investment opportunity along with that is icing on the cake.

Really good advice.
This is the age of "instant everything", and now we have a chance to calm down and enjoy the ups and downs of a great adventure.

ThatDGuy

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:56:21 PM

Really good advice.
This is the age of "instant everything", and now we have a chance to calm down and enjoy the ups and downs of a great adventure.

I agree completely.  I've also now seen a few periods of apparent lulls like this one, and they are a great time to make some moves preparing for the next violent period of volatility.
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 07:54:23 PM

Really good advice.

Instant everything sound pretty neat. What next, everyone knowing everything about everything? I think we're heading towards singularity.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
nuff

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 07:02:30 AM

I'm actually quite happy with the way it is now. no more crazy swings. slowly but surely increasing in price at a more mature pace. I don't think I'd be comfortable if prices were 500 today, 1000 the next few weeks, then down to 300 in few months.
mrbrt

Activity: 707

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 01:37:05 PM

-B-

"We" are spoiled rotten by last years excitement, when BTC had two massive bull markets the same year.
The May/June 2011 rally took a full 18 months to heat up again; Let's hope we don't have to wait nearly that long.

When considering bitcoin's penetration into general public awareness, there is a stark difference between May 2011 and May 2014. For this reason alone, I think it is logical to assume there will not be an 18 month gap separating the late 2013 bull market from any future bull market.
mrbrt

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 01:40:11 PM

Why are we waiting for November?

I mean there's no guarantee that history will repeat itself, but the last "wait" was about 6 months.  We're at 5 months now.  So if history does repeat itself, we're looking at some changes coming in June-ish.

-B-

July may have some joy...but November will be rocketship city Cheesy

Any particular reason why? Most of the predictions I've seen are looking at a June +/- 1 month spike, based on the long term logarithmic chart.
mrbrt

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 01:43:58 PM

That seems to me like 21st century Western civilisation in a nutshell.

It sounds like all of human history.
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 02:08:55 PM

I totally agree that you shouldn't invest to make a quick buck in a week but instead expect a positive return in 5-10years if you want to make money regularly long term
It is healthy to have corrections and it is natural to have a huge volatility and months where nothing too exciting is coming, there are a lot of work being put in new cool Bitcoin websites and new smart persons learning about Bitcoin everyday

I'm actually quite happy with the way it is now. no more crazy swings. slowly but surely increasing in price at a more mature pace. I don't think I'd be comfortable if prices were 500 today, 1000 the next few weeks, then down to 300 in few months.

It has been going down for 5months

MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 04:00:31 PM

I think you are in the wrong place. This is the Bitcoin speculation forum. Bitcoin has been on a perpetual nasty downtrend for the whole of 2014 which shows no signs of abating. I really like the sounds of the asset which you are talking about though. Tell me more about this asset which is slowly but surely increasing in price at a more mature pace? I could do with getting some money into such an asset.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 04:54:53 PM

I think you are in the wrong place. This is the Bitcoin speculation forum. Bitcoin has been on a perpetual nasty downtrend for the whole of 2014 which shows no signs of abating. I really like the sounds of the asset which you are talking about though. Tell me more about this asset which is slowly but surely increasing in price at a more mature pace? I could do with getting some money into such an asset.

Haha

I don't think I'd be comfortable if prices were 500 today, 1000 the next few weeks, then down to 300 in few months.
is pretty much what is happening; when the price is high it brings a lot of new players in the game, some of them will stay invested even when it goes down and the community has grown that way

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: