Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:04:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Looking for my first 1 cent BTC job :)  (Read 2066 times)
max (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2011, 01:30:53 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2011, 03:14:31 PM by max

Hello everyone. This is my first post here. I'm testing how Bitcoin works and maybe getting to know some people in the process.

What does one have to do to earn 0.01 BTC around here? Wink

To give you some idea of what I'm looking for: I work in tech support and do some web development / programming on a side. But honestly it can be completely unrelated to that, I'm just looking for something that doesn't take much time, even if it is something silly. Smiley

You can send the requests here or to my email address: max.bloomquist@gmail.com. I will mark this thread as "[CLOSED]" when I will accept the job. My Bitcoin address is: 13974Df1nXjqtQdKETHopgewbgffrcoFFF

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2011, 01:41:01 PM

What languages are you skilled in and can you point us to some examples of your code?

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
stakhanov

Activity: 175
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 16, 2011, 02:14:26 PM

Make a contribution, no matter how minor, to any open source project you'd like. I'll send you 0.05 BTC Smiley
max (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2011, 02:19:04 PM

Slovenian is my first language and English is the only other language I know.

Most of the programming I did was in PHP (some in PHP framework Symfony), but I'm also familiar with other programming languages (Python, Perl to name two).

I don't have any code samples I can share, but if you are not satisfied with the results, you don't have to pay.
deadlizard

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 16, 2011, 02:25:26 PM

check your messages.
no need to work hard for a penny Wink

btc address:1MEyKbVbmMVzVxLdLmt4Zf1SZHFgj56aqg
gpg fingerprint:DD1AB28F8043D0837C86A4CA7D6367953C6FE9DC

max (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2011, 03:14:03 PM

check your messages.

Yay. I earned my first penny by doing nothing. Smiley

Thanks deadlizard I assume that was from you? It says: From: unknown
Nefario

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2011, 03:14:36 PM

Yes, have a look at this, https://gitorious.org/black-market

Python

This is a client for the soon to be released bitcoin stock market, and it needs to be made easy to install on Linux and Windows.

Build a distribution package (especially for windows) that would be super, I'll pay... 30bitcoin

I'm updating that source code at the moment so just let me know if you'll do it and then wait about a day.

max (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2011, 03:19:09 PM

Make a contribution, no matter how minor, to any open source project you'd like. I'll send you 0.05 BTC Smiley
I got my first cent, but still have a question about this, does any contribution count, not only coding? E.g. translation / documentation / bug reporting / packaging?
max (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2011, 03:21:51 PM

Python

This is a client for the soon to be released bitcoin stock market, and it needs to be made easy to install on Linux and Windows.

Build a distribution package (especially for windows) that would be super, I'll pay... 30bitcoin

I'm updating that source code at the moment so just let me know if you'll do it and then wait about a day.
I don't have any experience with packaging python software for windows, but I will look at it latter on today and let you know if I accept this job.
deadlizard

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 16, 2011, 03:23:16 PM

check your messages.

Yay. I earned my first penny by doing nothing. Smiley

Thanks deadlizard I assume that was from you? It says: From: unknown
Sorry, I can't take credit for that.

btc address:1MEyKbVbmMVzVxLdLmt4Zf1SZHFgj56aqg
gpg fingerprint:DD1AB28F8043D0837C86A4CA7D6367953C6FE9DC

stakhanov

Activity: 175
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 16, 2011, 03:53:54 PM

I got my first cent, but still have a question about this, does any contribution count, not only coding? E.g. translation / documentation / bug reporting / packaging?

Any contribution Smiley For 0.05 BTC I can't be too picky!

Make sure to PM if you complete the task, otherwise I might forget about it and forget to send you the coins.

max (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2011, 04:51:04 PM

Well thanks to anonymous doner then. Smiley I did reply to your personal message now.
max (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2011, 05:25:01 PM

Python

If I see correctly this a command line program? Are you updating it to include GUI?
Nefario

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2011, 05:38:43 PM

Python

If I see correctly this a command line program? Are you updating it to include GUI?

So the idea is to get the basic functionality done on the command line, this will allow others to use it as a library(kind of), once we're happy with the command line client we'll be doing a native GUI.

And then for those more interested in convienience than security a web based client.

N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 16, 2011, 05:43:40 PM

Well thanks to anonymous doner then. Smiley I did reply to your personal message now.
That was me, noone should have no balance. Cheesy Normally, you can get 0.05 BTC at https://freebitcoins.appspot.com/ but it’s being fixed at the moment.
max (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2011, 03:23:13 AM

So the idea is to get the basic functionality done on the command line, this will allow others to use it as a library(kind of), once we're happy with the command line client we'll be doing a native GUI.

And then for those more interested in convienience than security a web based client.
Turns out creating installation program for this program is a bit more complicated than I thought it was, so I'm not accepting the job. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

I will hover provide a guide about installing it on Windows XP and maybe someone can use this information as a basis for creating a Windows installation program.

That was me, noone should have no balance. Cheesy Normally, you can get 0.05 BTC at https://freebitcoins.appspot.com/ but it’s being fixed at the moment.
Thanks again Blitzboom. Smiley
max (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2011, 01:06:04 PM

Nefario I have sent you a simple installation program, but I'm not sure the message was actually sent as I don't see it in my Outbox here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: