Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:11:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A word from the team at CoinTerra.  (Read 4428 times)
cxz

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:05:42 AM

A word from the team at CoinTerra.

Since we started shipping the TerraMiner IV bitcoin miner we have, as you may understand, been exceedingly busy providing support, answering questions and handling the workings of everyday business.  We recently announced that we had passed the 5,000 TerraMiner mark which is an incredible achievement, made by a small but dedicated team here in Austin, Texas. An effect of this has been that as much as we would have wanted to, we haven’t had the bandwidth to spend as much time as we have wanted to on the forums.

We acknowledge that a lot of questions and issues are discussed here on bitcointalk.org rather than through our support channel and we will attempt to be more attentive to the community, and provide what information we can in forum threads that concern CoinTerra hardware.

Unfortunately it would be near-impossible for us to answer all open questions on the forums on a case-by-case basis and individual customer support requests should always be communicated through http://cointerra.com/contact

To give everyone in the community a better understanding of where we are we would like to provide some general information here to help those looking to solve an issue, get up and running with their hardware or simply stay up to date on our development.

Forum Conversation:

We have been alerted to the fact that there are a significant number of “troll” accounts here on bitcointalk that exclusively post inflammatory posts concerning legitimate companies.

We have been reaching out to individual users who have posted issues via private message to address concerns they have expressed in the forums. To our surprise very few members have answered our request for contact, typically these are users with a low post count (although not always).

We would encourage users to use their best judgment when determining the legitimacy of posts here on the forums (whether they be CoinTerra related or otherwise).

Support:

We always attempt to reply to all support request inquires within 48 hours. At times this has taken longer due to a large volume of support requests but we are currently very close to this goal.

We may occasionally reach out via private messages here on the forum to users requesting support and posting in threads concerning CoinTerra. It is always our goal for all of our customers to receive the support they deserve. Due to privacy rules we are unable to respond to individual customer issues in a public forum.

RMA:

For customers that experience issues with their CoinTerra hardware we have a consistent procedure in place to diagnose issues (starting with the customer providing us with system diagnostics unless it is a very rare occurrence of a DOA system – usually due to a shipping mishap) and approved RMA’s now have a typical turnaround time of less than a week.

New Pricing Model:

As you may be aware we have recently moved from our fixed pricing to a new “spot pricing” model where we take into account many factors in the bitcoin ecosystem and adjust our prices accordingly.

We believe that customers appreciate the option to purchase in-stock mining equipment for immediate delivery at a price that we feel is very competitive in the marketplace compared to our competitors.

Next Generation:

We know that many are interested in what the next step in product development is for CoinTerra and we are, for the time being, still laying the groundwork for future product series. We will provide the community with information on our next generation of bitcoin mining hardware in the near future: All product announcements and updates are made on our website at http://cointerra.com

ASICs, Boards and D-I-Y:

In addition to our retail sales of bitcoin mining equipment we have had many requests for sales of components that would allow the community to build their own bitcoin mining equipment based on our technology:

We have recently opened up sales of the GoldStrike I 28nm ASIC chips and boards for mining builder projects and would be happy to discuss the opportunities presented by this with those users who may be interested in developing custom mining solution around our ASIC. If you would be interested in developing your own mining solutions using the GoldStrike I you can contact us via PM here on [Suspicious link removed][/email] for more information.

General:

Since CoinTerra was founded back in mid-2013 the bitcoin ecosystem has exploded and in less than a year bitcoin has grown from a rather publicly unknown project, to what we expect will soon be a highly-adopted transaction ecosystem. As a company dedicated to the success and adoption of bitcoin will continue to deliver industry-leading technology at a highly competitive price, and strive to improve in the areas that need improvement, whatever they may be.

These are very exciting times and we are humbled to be part of a movement with such wide ranging implications for finance, trade, technology and society as a whole.

Yours,
Team CoinTerra
support@cointerra.com
http://cointerra.com

You have FAILED to answer any of my support requests, emails, facebook messages, twitter messages, and PM on bitcointalk.

You offered me a refund, I accepted. now you ignore my messages everyday. the link you posted http://cointerra.com/contact is what i have been using to contact cointerra, and you have never responded, other than the same automated email saying 'your request has been submitted'

Other people are also worried about thier refunds.

You have yet to address the issue of refunds and also have stopped taking phonecalls.

What is going on cointerra?

This is not professional way to conduct business. Very amateurish.

The way you can just lie to us again unsettles me, your customer service is awful.

48 hour response? no chance. been waiting longer than 48 days and still no response or refund.

you have had my money since early december and refuse to give it back.

please explain yourself cointerra to me and the rest of the unhappy customers you accuse of being trolls.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
testerx

Activity: 608
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 03:28:20 AM

So it's been over a week and they're ignoring my further e-mails and PMs...and not picking up their phones...
Cointerra, wtf?
cxz

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 12:33:41 PM

So it's been over a week and they're ignoring my further e-mails and PMs...and not picking up their phones...
Cointerra, wtf?

Theres con men that operate their businesses with more professionalism than cointerra. the constant lies in thier post here make my skin crawl. Especially how they call their refund customers trolls makes me furious. Give us our money cointerra you bunch of scammers. 
cxz

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 12:42:17 PM

Also they were kind enough to pm me the info.

Becomes frustrating this also happened with ice fury usb sticks. they were crushed by ant miners u1 and u2 sticks.

the ice fury is a better pice of gear but cost too much.

I am sure the coin terra   1.6th is better gear then the dragon 1th I have hosted in china but the china price along with paypal protection and no payments to paypal until June 10th with 0 interest was much better for me.

As an old-timer at mining. (2 years and 1 month)   

With a really good credit rating combined with the IRS ruling on 600 + usd bit coin payments, paying in btc for big deals does not work for me.

I report everything since I make some money.  The send 2 ,3 ,4 k in btc to an address does not work anymore.

As hard as this is on me it must be killing builders of the gear.

they may have been kind enough to PM you info.

but trust me on this..... when you want a refund. you will get no response. They have pretty much scammed me. They didnt send out my miner. So naturally request a refund.

now they just ignore my messages. The only people being refunded are the people who have took legal action against cointerra.
lucazane
Legendary

Activity: 1198
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 02:35:58 PM

They are ignoring my email too.
I will take legal action against cointerra.

The Blocks Factory Mining POOL : DGB(sha256d, Skein, Qubit, Groestl & Scrypt), FTC
marto74

Activity: 728

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 04:14:50 PM

PM
about bare chips
sales and chip description sent

http://technobit.eu
tips : 12DNdacCtUZ99qcP74FwchaCPzeDL9Voff
CurcO

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:15:33 PM

I have already taken legal action against CT, they are scums that owe me 20+ K in lost profits , not to mention that they sold a 2TH miner and I only got a 1.6 THs , with no exchange in place and also the FYI if you need to clean the water cooling in the TMIV you will void your warranty so how is one to maintenance the unit ?
hossarnd69

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 05:14:14 AM

I Have been trying to get a response from them about my miner that I just received that has a bad power supply.  I have been emailing them for more then a week and have gotten no response except to ask if I just got it.

They say that they respond to support emails but I have not gotten anything.  I will keep trying..
witherworth

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 06:06:53 PM

I agree with several others here. The refund delay is unacceptable and highly unprofessional! The email correspondence is also highly lacking. I would avoid making purchases from this company until they get their stuff straightened out. If it doesn't work immediately out of the box, you'll have nothing and no way to fix it for weeks.
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 06:09:24 PM

i'm going out tomorrow to buy a new car, it has only 2 wheels and the seller is advertising it as a 'm0t0rB1k3' not sure what this means, but i'm not convinced. I'm off to kick the tyres and check it's hashrate.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
cxz

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 08:30:38 PM

I am going to file an best indevor indemnity claim with bank of america because they are completely ignoring everyone's messages, and the way they are dealing with their own customers is just awful. My trust for cointerra has gone. I just hope I can get a reasonable response from the bank of america in regards to this fraudulent company. 
CurcO

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 07:04:40 PM

If you have been scammed by CT and live in California, PM so you can get in to Class Action suit .
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 09:07:20 PM

after one too many 'red lights' in Amsterdam, Ravi ponders where his lost .4TH has gone.. is it on his phone? ...but even worse, now Ravi receives the news that his next gen will be .8Th short of advertised spec. That's DOUBLE the loss of speed of the terraminer. Buy now while stocks last!

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:50:16 AM

Another 2 weeks and nothing but a BULLSHIT offer of extra junk 'free'....

CoinTerra, YOU ARE TAKING THE PISS!!!

marto74

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 06:55:04 PM

After reading this tread, I contacted cointera by PM and got email next day from Daniel.
After a few emails we sign NDA we made an agreement.
Then week ago they disappeared.
No answers @ all.

so what is up , cointera ?

Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:03:06 PM

It sounds like CoinTerra underestimated how difficult it is keep customers happy in a very challenging business environment.
marto74

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 08:03:08 AM

cointerra , any news ?

edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 04:18:21 PM

nope - emails go unanswered.

the only correspondence is ridiculous offers of additional hardware.

kind of embarrassing

we wont answer you or refund you but would you consider our 'awesome' time limited alternative.....

fently

Activity: 66

Bleh!

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 07:29:08 AM

Well, I wasn't planning on writing about my situation, but it seems like it might help.

In January, I asked for a refund for my December batch order. Last week I got a hand-written check (after an insane amount of back and forth). I took it to the nearest Bank of America branch, and I wasn't able to deposit it because they needed to speak to Cointerra on the phone. Of course, no one answers their phone.

I wonder exactly how bad the situation is, and to what extent this conduct is criminal in nature.

My thoughts on the matter are as follows:
1) If Cointerra is running an criminal scam, then they already have contingency plans in place to deal with any legal complications. Still, since they are working within a particular system (banking, legal), we can prevent that system from working in their favour. We can at least stop them from doing this to more people.
2) If Cointerra is just plain incompetent, then it is of utmost urgency to document as many details about the case as possible, and to present that information to the relevant authorities, because if they do go bankrupt, they may have little to none of their own records available to help resolve claims, and you'll want to be first in line to collect on yours.
3) If Cointerra is acting in good faith and has run up against a temporary but legitimate snag, then going through legal steps to recover funds is going to be a nuisance for both the customer and for Cointerra, and will result in wasting a percentage of the funds to be recovered, but that will be the extent of it.

So at the end of the day, given how bad things are already, there is absolutely no reasonable downside to filing very detailed reports to the relevant authorities, and pursuing all legal means available.

Obviously a lawyer or two is going to be necessary. If anyone can refer me to a good criminal lawyer, and a good debt collection lawyer, that'd be very helpful. For this particular case, it would seem that both specialities are needed. I would like to gain information on what criminal charges might apply to these activities, as well as the relationship with Terramine Hosting/CloudHashing, and, of course, I need to recover my funds.

I'm obviously angry. But to those of you who want to come to the forums to vent, and publicly threaten legal action, save your energy and instead just take action instead. Don't bluff. You have a lot to lose.
lucazane
Legendary

Activity: 1198
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 01:56:49 PM

cointerra should offers free cloudmining during the period  we wait for the refund.

The Blocks Factory Mining POOL : DGB(sha256d, Skein, Qubit, Groestl & Scrypt), FTC
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: