Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Delete  (Read 5983 times)
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 11:34:20 PM

Dream job would be a day trader making millions of dollars.

Yes, click a few buttons and make profit. Who wouldnt like that?

You're mistaken, being a day trader is one the most stressful and hard job there is.
They deserve every penny they get, for putting their mental health at stake by having to always have the prices in the back of their mind - if they don't they won't make any money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitsmichel

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 11:38:28 PM

My dream job is do whatever i want, and get paid for that

beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 11:43:48 PM

i'd like to be extremely rich so i could use that money to to buy out politicians to change laws in my favor.. so i can make more money. you know, like american billionaires.

You're mistaken.

That doesn't happen - it's a myth. America isn't a oligarchy, even if it seems like it. And just by having 'politicians' doesn't mean you can change laws. It's a specific system you have to go through.

The richest group in America are 'The Elites'. They're supposedly the 1%. The richest of the rich.

no, no you're mistaken. america is a de facto oligarchy. don't know how you can say it's not. heard of shelden adelson, koch brothers, or george soros?

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-echochambers-27074746

If it was a Oligarchy, we wouldn't be allowed to vote. Let's take Sparta for a example.
The only way Sparta was well known in history, is because the leaders of the Oligarchy were warriors, and wanted Sparta to value warfare, strength, and such.

Democracy:
Democracy is a form of government in which all eligible citizens participate equally...

Oligarchy:

Nada.

If it was a Oligarchy, whatever the leaders said, would go. You wouldn't vote. Pass laws. And don't even think about petitioning. Anything could be declared illegal or legal with the wisp of a hand.

Yes, this 'Democratic' system has some flaws. But that doesn't necessarily make it a Oligarchy.

nope. it's a de facto oligarchy. obviously on the surface it's a democracy, but the ones who have money control what happens. tell me why it is that there's an 8% approval rating for congress, yet the status quo continues? or why minimum wage jobs are on the increase, yet tiffanys and other businesses catered to the rich are booming? or why 88% of people polled would prefer background checks on guns, but nothing happens? and tell me why the richest people in the country have a whole lot of access to media/news outlets? and tell me why presidential campaigns last 2+ years, where the candidates go around whoring themselves to billionaires and corporations?

and lastly, tell me why republicans are kissing up to shelden adelson? http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dana-milbank-gop-candidates-kiss-up-to-billionaire-sheldon-adelson/2014/04/01/5ba335dc-b9dc-11e3-9a05-c739f29ccb08_story.html

wait, i'll actually tell you why. it's because politicians work for him.
acs267

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 12:26:45 AM

i'd like to be extremely rich so i could use that money to to buy out politicians to change laws in my favor.. so i can make more money. you know, like american billionaires.

You're mistaken.

That doesn't happen - it's a myth. America isn't a oligarchy, even if it seems like it. And just by having 'politicians' doesn't mean you can change laws. It's a specific system you have to go through.

The richest group in America are 'The Elites'. They're supposedly the 1%. The richest of the rich.

no, no you're mistaken. america is a de facto oligarchy. don't know how you can say it's not. heard of shelden adelson, koch brothers, or george soros?

If it was a Oligarchy, we wouldn't be allowed to vote. Let's take Sparta for a example.
The only way Sparta was well known in history, is because the leaders of the Oligarchy were warriors, and wanted Sparta to value warfare, strength, and such.

Democracy:
Democracy is a form of government in which all eligible citizens participate equally...

Oligarchy:

Nada.

If it was a Oligarchy, whatever the leaders said, would go. You wouldn't vote. Pass laws. And don't even think about petitioning. Anything could be declared illegal or legal with the wisp of a hand.

Yes, this 'Democratic' system has some flaws. But that doesn't necessarily make it a Oligarchy.

nope. it's a de facto oligarchy. obviously on the surface it's a democracy, but the ones who have money control what happens. tell me why it is that there's an 8% approval rating for congress, yet the status quo continues? or why minimum wage jobs are on the increase, yet tiffanys and other businesses catered to the rich are booming? or why 88% of people polled would prefer background checks on guns, but nothing happens? and tell me why the richest people in the country have a whole lot of access to media/news outlets? and tell me why presidential campaigns last 2+ years, where the candidates go around whoring themselves to billionaires and corporations?

and lastly, tell me why republicans are kissing up to shelden adelson? http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dana-milbank-gop-candidates-kiss-up-to-billionaire-sheldon-adelson/2014/04/01/5ba335dc-b9dc-11e3-9a05-c739f29ccb08_story.html

1. Okay.

2. As I said previously, a specific system is needed. If you have a specific law you want enforced, and the Constitution (A silly old document) says yes, then of course, it's hard to get it approved.

3. Everybody has access to the media/news. Depending on what kind of acess you're talking about, of course.

4. To earn support.

5. Not all politicians are Republicans.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 12:28:12 AM

You're mistaken.

Democracy:

Oligarchy:

Nada.

That escalated quickly. Discussion about political system and state of government in Dream Job thread. Things are more serious than I thought. People are starting to feel anger.
bitgeek

Merit: 251

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 12:38:04 AM

I have many dream jobs. I'd love to be a crewman on a gunship (you know the giant plane), a pilot or a gunner of an attack helicopter, or a pilot of an army drone Cheesy I'd also love to be an explorer for National Geographic or Discovery, like those guys that just get paid for traveling and taking pictures.

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
tins

Activity: 882

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 12:39:41 AM

Mine is to own an insurance agency and help seniors with their insurance needs.
 Tongue
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 12:52:42 AM

You're mistaken.

Democracy:

Oligarchy:

Nada.

1. Okay.

2. As I said previously, a specific system is needed. If you have a specific law you want enforced, and the Constitution (A silly old document) says yes, then of course, it's hard to get it approved.

3. Everybody has access to the media/news. Depending on what kind of acess you're talking about, of course.

4. To earn support.

5. Not all politicians are Republicans.

what are your numbered point referring to? and you haven't really answered any of my questions.. it's a de facto oligarchy we live in. you haven't really made any arguments against that.

what do you mean "everybody has access to the media/news"? if you own it, you sure have a lot more access to it than anyone else.
hulk

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:05:13 AM

play games all day and get paid ....

bitgeek

Merit: 251

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:11:34 AM

play games all day and get paid ....
That's easier to do than you think, I sent my resume to a game testing company once and they are messaging me every time they have a lot of work. Unfortunately the pay is low, so it's a good job if you're a teenager or a student.

██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
BitBlitz

Activity: 285

Turning money into heat since 2011.

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:40:23 AM

Yeah, the "I can't believe that they're paying me for this!" jobs are always low pay.
I recently did a gig where I drove paying customers around a race track in exotic cars.  I could handle doing that for a while, but I'd need to give it up to actually pay bills.  The hot girl that kept screaming gets free rides.  The scared kid who looked like he was going to pee himself-- not so much.

In college, I loaded and lit fireworks shells for a few 4th of July shows.  Dangerous as fsck, but I'd do it again for the rush.

As for a career; Does lottery winner count? Grin

I see the value of Bitcoin, so I don't worry about the price...
acs267

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:44:35 AM

You're mistaken.

Democracy:

Oligarchy:

Nada.

what are your numbered point referring to? and you haven't really answered any of my questions.. it's a de facto oligarchy we live in. you haven't really made any arguments against that.

what do you mean "everybody has access to the media/news"? if you own it, you sure have a lot more access to it than anyone else.

The bolded-

You know what, never mind. Done. 'Tis done.

And you said, specifically, 'access' therefore, somebody would assume 'access' not 'ownership'.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:46:15 AM

Forget money and all the BS attached.....What is the Job that you would wake up every morning and be excited about going to?

Mine would have to be a lobster fisherman.

Lucky me, I have my dream job, I wake up everyday, play with expensive computers, motivated to try and crush the competition in my market and then dream of new ways to make bitcoin better!
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:57:03 AM

I guess not only a lobster fisherman i would want to be a fighter/boxer.  Fighting has always come naturally to me and in my past i have had about 2 dozen fights in real life and in only 1 case i got the worst end of the stick Sad
Broken nose 4 times
Broken hand twice
Broken eye socket once
broken ribs 6
Broken toes 1
Stitches about 60

Hmmm not bad...

a wise man should know when to stop, I used to fight a lot in my teen years and post teen years , I also had broken fingers fractured hand, dislocked this and that, I stopped after a while, people nowadays for the smallest things, will take out a knife sometimes if for bluffing, but serious accident can happen over stupid things, better deal with thing in an intelligent way, of course when there is a line to be drawn is good to show once teeths but not all the time
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 02:28:40 PM

Forget money and all the BS attached.....What is the Job that you would wake up every morning and be excited about going to?

Me too ,i love eating lobster  and will be heaven for me to wake-up every morning exited to catch my delicious meal!

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 02:29:18 PM

I always wanted to make money by sitting at home. Lucky me... I'm doing that Wink

p.s. Luck is the true advantage that every warrior gains as his true evaluation...

zolace

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 02:34:24 PM

Me too ,i love eating lobster  and will be heaven for me to wake-up every morning exited to catch my delicious meal!
I can be lobster fisherman and do commercial fishing but with my family on the boat with me. it really sucks being away from them

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
zolace

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 02:39:23 PM

Me too ,i love eating lobster  and will be heaven for me to wake-up every morning exited to catch my delicious meal!
Yes Fishing is great fun and lobster are so delicious and you earn great pay....We have 2 fisherman now all we need is a few more and we have a full crew!  Grin  Oh damn we need a boat too  Undecided

I can be lobster fisherman and do commercial fishing but with my family on the boat with me. it really sucks being away from them
We now have 3!  Bring the family too Smiley

Aye Aye Captain!

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
DAYAGO

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 09:25:25 PM

I would like to create machines to help people and make spaceships to cruise the galaxy
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 09:32:16 PM

I'm not actually sure what my dream job would be. I've never really know what I've wanted to do, but anything that made me happy and didn't bore me. Don't know what that could be exactly but a job that didn't bore me would make me content. Hope I find it one day.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: