Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:23:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody else think Jed McCaleb and his bud's robbed Gox?  (Read 1715 times)
WildWes (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:17:49 AM

Hmmm seems a little funny to me, this nepotism, favoritism and smoke and mirrors just like Fortress and Ribbit and Xapo receiving $20 million in funding.  It wasn't $20 million in funding, Fortress has their coins held with Xapo which is them anyway.  Hahaha and then you have Coindesk trying to wrap the whole thing up neatly thinking we are retarded or something.  Oh boy.  Most of the community sees through this stuff but there are still the uninitiated who think its all roses and clouds.  I particularly like the regard the community gave Bitstamp for a unidentified third party auditor - Scooby Doo?  Long way to go people, hopefully the community begins to wake up soon.  Paul Krugman was right no the money.  This is almost embarrasssing.

Anyway who thinks Jed did it or his 'group'?

"Ripple doesn’t collect transaction fees the way PayPal, banks and credit cards do. However, it does take “a small portion of a ripple (equivalent to ~1/1000th of a cent)” from each transaction. That amount is destroyed rather than retained. The deduction is meant as to safeguard against the system being swamped by any one individual who might try to put through millions of transactions at once."

Hmmmmmmm so he knew about dusting the blockchain, Gox's inherent flaws as well.  Scam of the decade as far as I know.  What say you?  Pretty open and close case to me.  Motive, method, all lines up to me. 
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chopstick
Legendary

Activity: 992
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 03:19:05 AM

No. Mark Kerpeles robbed everyone, and then shit on all their faces.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:16:07 AM

Original MtGox Founder = Jed McCaleb
What does Ripple have to do with your "rant"?
Could you please explain more clearly why people should try to understand your ideas?

EDIT: I see Jeb just left Ripple

Most of the community sees through this stuff...
How do you know, you just got here?   Cheesy

WildWes (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:25:46 AM

Sure.  These are Jeds words.

"The deduction is meant as to safeguard against the system being swamped by any one individual who might try to put through millions of transactions at once." regarding his new baby Ripple.  hahaha 50% pre-mine.  Jesus.

He was aware of the importance of dusting the chain, a tactic used for the malleability inefficiencies on Gox.  As well he was COMPLETELY aware of the ineptness and how Mark could be slowly swindled with no risk management controls.  You read the drama as well obviously.

He had the means the motive and the opportunity and some rivalry always helps.

In US Criminal law, means, motive, and opportunity is a popular cultural summation of the three aspects of a crime that must be established before guilt can be determined.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:31:31 AM

Sure.  These are Jeds words.

"The deduction is meant as to safeguard against the system being swamped by any one individual who might try to put through millions of transactions at once." regarding his new baby Ripple.  hahaha 50% pre-mine.  Jesus.

He was aware of the importance of dusting the chain, a tactic used for the malleability inefficiencies on Gox.  As well he was COMPLETELY aware of the ineptness and how Mark could be slowly swindled with no risk management controls.  You read the drama as well obviously.

He had the means the motive and the opportunity and some rivalry always helps.

In US Criminal law, means, motive, and opportunity is a popular cultural summation of the three aspects of a crime that must be established before guilt can be determined.

That is much more clear than your OP, thanks.

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:23:28 AM

Interesting theory. However, the recent Oh look we actually found 200k coins doesn't really fit into that picture,does it?

Aquent

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:40:48 PM

Can you explain what were the means, what was the motive and how did he have the opportunity?
freedombit

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:02:50 PM

Scam of the decade as far as I know.

Even if you are right, you need to get out more. This is small potatoes in the grand scheme of things. Wink

Possibly. Or we wait until the end of the decade to see if the impact of this on society was zero - or the greatest heist of all. It depends where the world takes the value of Bitcoin. Hindsight is 20/20.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: