Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:40:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] CounterSports - The world's first distributed betting application  (Read 7512 times)
sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 11:07:52 AM

why the test website is invalid now?

Hi guys,

We are moving to a new domain and setting everything up http://testnet.xbet.io

More surprises are coming.

Looks nice Smiley

You have to start promoting it aggressively.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rdanneskjoldr

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 04:30:29 PM

Looks pretty cool. I have a few questions.

1) How are the winners/losers established? Is there a data feed hosted on a centralized server that relays the results of matches?

1) Bets are settled on the blockchain using a broadcast we provide, choosing the correct result out of options we display on the CounterSports application. Winners are awarded with their earnings automatically using bitcoin 2.0 protocol.

Does that answer the question??I think he meant to ask how do you get the result from the real life event. How do we know you can't make a mistake, accidentaly or maliciously?
Is it just done manually?

Anyway, it looks good!
countersports (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 09:56:15 AM

1) How are the winners/losers established? Is there a data feed hosted on a centralized server that relays the results of matches?

1) Bets are settled on the blockchain using a broadcast we provide, choosing the correct result out of options we display on the CounterSports application. Winners are awarded with their earnings automatically using bitcoin 2.0 protocol.

Does that answer the question??I think he meant to ask how do you get the result from the real life event. How do we know you can't make a mistake, accidentaly or maliciously?

Anyway, it looks good!

Your question is an important one.

Regarding malicious tampering with the feed for our gain, an answer was posted by a user from the community, which we feel is well put:

Wow ! Countersports is greaaaaat !  I was waiting that from a long time Smiley

But who is behind ? Because we need to trust the feed issuer.

That looks like betfair without betfair, really good job Cheesy
Who we need to trust? Yourself so you dont play or offer too small or big odds  Grin If i have understand right how that working?

You have to trust the feed issuer. But he has nothing to win by rigging an outcome (maybe just a one time gain on a strong bet), because that would basically be the end of his business.

So basically yes, this is a nice step forward !

Regarding the possibility of a mistake:
We upload the results automatically. So far we have ran tests and did not encounter any mistakes.
In addition, to further scrutinize our results, and to make sure they are reliable, we have set up an intervention mechanism:
The results for each event are published 5 hours prior to the actual broadcast settling the bet on the blockchain, alongside a "report address" for filing appeals. Anyone can send 0.1 BTC to the report address and the broadcast settling the bet will be postponed until an admin manually approves the result. If a result that we were going to broadcast turns out to be false, the user that has notified us of the mistake will get his BTC back and an additional XCP bounty.

Furthermore, We sign broadcasts when we first publish the events online (before the event starts) from our main address, so users could be safe in the knowledge that we stand behind our word.
hill

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 11:00:46 AM
Last edit: November 16, 2014, 04:01:32 PM by hill

Anyway, it looks good!

Regarding malicious tampering with the feed for our gain, an answer was posted by a user from the community, which we feel is well put:

Wow ! Countersports is greaaaaat !  I was waiting that from a long time Smiley

Who we need to trust? Yourself so you dont play or offer too small or big odds  Grin If i have understand right how that working?

You have to trust the feed issuer. But he has nothing to win by rigging an outcome (maybe just a one time gain on a strong bet), because that would basically be the end of his business.

We upload the results automatically. So far we have ran tests and did not encounter any mistakes.
In addition, to further scrutinize our results, and to make sure they are reliable, we have set up an intervention mechanism:
The results for each event are published 5 hours prior to the actual broadcast settling the bet on the blockchain, alongside a "report address" for filing appeals. Anyone can send 0.1 BTC to the report address and the broadcast settling the bet will be postponed until an admin manually approves the result. If a result that we were going to broadcast turns out to be false, the user that has notified us of the mistake will get his BTC back and an additional XCP bounty.

Furthermore, We sign broadcasts when we first publish the events online (before the event starts) from our main address, so users could be safe in the knowledge that we stand behind our word.
Good point! should attract more supporters to join in!

Good Luck For Everyone!
rdanneskjoldr

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 01:52:37 PM

Anyway, it looks good!

Wow ! Countersports is greaaaaat !  I was waiting that from a long time Smiley

Who we need to trust? Yourself so you dont play or offer too small or big odds  Grin If i have understand right how that working?

The thing is, if this did move a lot of money, maybe betting on a big market and rigging the result so you win and run away could be an option. It needs to be more secure before it starts to have a high volume.
I didnt understand well your system. You publish the result, and stays there for 5 hours until users are paid?
Im not saying you would do anything wrong  Cheesy ,but i find it as a weak point in the decentralized system.
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 02:45:34 AM

the testnet.xbet.io is saying "undefined", when trying to compose a bet offer
countersports (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:20:33 AM

the testnet.xbet.io is saying "undefined", when trying to compose a bet offer

Please send us a link to where you see the issue and we will take care of it immediately.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: