Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:33:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cloud Mining Altcoins  (Read 500 times)
bitcoinrocks (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 02:23:55 PM

I'd like to rent some cloud hashing power and point it at a particular multipool.  I've never mined before and I'm looking for a really easy way to do this.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Starscream

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 03:05:16 PM

I'd like to rent some cloud hashing power and point it at a particular multipool.  I've never mined before and I'm looking for a really easy way to do this.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Check NiceHash.com and Leaserig.net although for either ones you need some BTC to pay with.
*Some sellers on Leaserig will accept DOGEcoin and LTC.

You can buy BTC using exchange sites like Kraken.com and Bitstamp.net.

bitcoinrocks (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 03:15:10 PM

Sure I have plenty of BTC.  Smiley

Leaserig.net doesn't look like a real cloud solution as you have to configure each machine you lease.  NiceHash.com looks closer to what I'm after, but can you point your hash power at a multipool of your own choosing?

Also how do I figure out the costs?

https://nicehash.com/?p=miners
Starscream

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 04:24:37 PM

Create an account and you'll see.
Nicehash works in a bid system, where buyers are bidding against one another, so that the highest bidder gets priority for his work. However, that doesn't mean that if you're not the highest bidder your work won't be done, because you can also specify how much hash power you wanna buy, so even if you're the highest bidder, if you aren't using all the hashpower available, the spare hashpower will be allocated to lower bidders.
RentaMouse

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 06:14:40 PM

I've been trying out Scrypt.cc for a couple of weeks now and have been impressed enough to recommend it in my signature. You dont get to choose where your KHS are mining, but their pool consistently achieves similar profitability to the top multipools.

No doubt you have seen Suchmoon's profitability comparison thread - his figures correspond closely to my own for the options I have been trying. Also makes it clear that you need to take a reasonably long term view, weeks/months rather than days, because the markets can be so variable.

I'd also say it depends how much time you want to invest, since you're asking about cloud hashing I'll assume you don't want the hassle of maintaining your own mining hardware Smiley Leaserig.net can be handy for short bursts of mining if you can get in ahead of the crowd - recently there was a big profitability spike with CINNI and WC coin launches that saw the average cost per MHS/day go from about BTC0.006 to BTC0.015 in a few hours. If you had hired a load of MHS for 24hrs at the start of that rush and sold all the coin you mined straight after then you'd have made a respectable profit, but those opportunities dont come along often - for day to day mining you'll struggle to make a profit at all.

I haven't tried Nicehash myself yet as it appeared to be a variation on the mining rig rental system, and I figure most miners will only rent their hashpower at rates which make them more return than mining on one of the big multipools, so the situation is the same as I just described with leaserigs.net.

Since you say you have plenty of BTC I guess you may be looking for a way to generate some income from them rather than having them sit in cold storage. Whatever you do, the higher the potential income the higher the risk is going to be too, but I suspect you know that or else you wouldnt still have plenty of btc Smiley My suggestion would be to split your investment 50/50 initially - half to buy KHS at Scrypt.cc and the other half for Nicehash etc, then keep records for a few weeks and see what averages out best.

Pool admin @ http://cryptonotepool.org.uk/ - for miners who value reliability (and like orange)!
Currently donating all of our 1% pool fee to the dev fund - mine at CryptonotepoolUK and support XMR at no extra cost!
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 06:26:10 PM

Why not try out betarigs.com pretty good prices
Minerist

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 02:53:39 PM

Scrypt.cc makes AMAZING profits. They are SO amazing that the only way of making money with them is spamming affiliate links everything </sarcasm>
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: