Author Topic: ...  (Read 1185 times)
turtlehurricane (OP)

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 08:07:36 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2015, 09:01:26 AM by turtlehurricane

"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Fatpony

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 08:43:32 PM

Its not hard to make PayPal account using VCCs and fake data, so id you are going for that version it can be safe to some degree. Example: you are selling something to someone and he asks for PP, you simply make an account ( verify it ) and get your payment. If he scams you in next few days until when he receives goods and asks for refund you will have your money and you can just ignore that account since you used VCCs to make it. In other words, you can find a solution for scammer without a problem.
LAMarcellus

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:04:14 PM

I have a good miner friend who sold one thousand inked toilet paper notes worth of bitcoin thru paypal. The buyer paid thru pay-pal. Lo and behold a few montsh later the purchase is being disputed and my friend who sold is bitcoins is getting hosed.

Paypal is used by scammers to steal bitcoin because Paypal reverses every disputed bitcoin purchase.

Beware!

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. – Albert Camus
thehun
Legendary

Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:08:53 PM

I have successfully sold a few BTC usng Paypal to highly trusted members (100+ trades in a long timespan) on Localbitcoins without any chargebacks so far, but yes, it is an extremely dangerous thing to do. You have to be especially wary of people who offer more than the current market value of BTC.
gabbello

Activity: 116
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 10:14:27 PM

You can use Virwox for buying and selling via paypal, skrill and other without the risk of fraud. But you pay extra for this luxury. You can find here how to do this.

pabpete

Activity: 539
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 10:17:48 PM

This is a very good post. I've personally seen a lot of scamming with paypal. The virtual currency needs to be more widely accepted so there will be less scamming.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: