Poll
Question: Poll closed
Yes, please I absolutely need it!
Yes, but it's not a priority
Not sure, I'd prefer other features
No, I don't need it
-
-

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 185 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Minera v0.9.1] Your next mining dashboard - Antminer/CPUminer/CGminer/BFGminer  (Read 850271 times)
marunga

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:39:05 AM

Hi michelem,

You are right, php and php5 give the same result. But if you see my first post I was using php (cgi-fcgi)...that was the problem (and not having the correct php package hahaha).
Using php (cli) from php5-cli package solved the problem. I've edit my "solved" post and removed the reference to php/php5.

Once again, thanks for your support.

rgds,
m

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
highwalker

Activity: 45
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 09:50:38 AM

Hello,

I've installed minera on a pcduino (ubuntu) with apache. Working, but no "hashrate history" and no "Rejected/errors"
Since php bin file was not available on my system, I installed libapache2-mod-fastcgi  ( needed by (?) php /var/www/minera/index.php app cron_stats )

output from php:
>minera@ubuntu:/var/www/minera$ php -v
PHP 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.11 with Suhosin-Patch (cgi-fcgi) (built: Apr  4 2014 02:06:32)
Copyright (c) 1997-2012 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2012 Zend Technologies

Is this the correct php binary ?

Can someone help me on this?

thanks,

rgds,
m

It seems the cron task is not running on your system.

Please try running from the terminal this command and check if graphs change:

Code:
php /<minera path>/index.php app cron

If changed the problem is with the cron task that's not running.

You should have a cron task like this:

Code:
*/5 * * * * minera php /<minera path>/index.php app cron

Minera installs it in /etc/cron.d/minera

Let me know

PS
I just updated this you could have to run "[...] app cron_stats" instead "[...] app cron" this depends on your Minera revision

Same problem here with hashrate not shown, on RPi:

minera@raspberrypi /etc/cron.d $ cat minera
*/5 * * * * minera php /var/www/minera/index.php app cron_stats
minera@raspberrypi /etc/cron.d $ php /var/www/minera/index.php app cron_stats
-bash: php: command not found

Well, I'm really sorry I forgot to add the php5-cli package to the installer (a complete system img is absolutely needed, I will give you it asap).

Everyone, please install the php5-cli package:

Code:
sudo apt-get install php5-cli

I'm going to update the README.

My apologies, thanks.

Thanks, that solved the 'php' binary resolving issue. Now I can see the cron is working, although the stats are still not showing on the page.

Also I see there are ajax extensions in the code, but can the dashboard be set to dynamically update as the stats are being pulled from the minerd binary?

I would suggest that while you create the RPi image, which would definitely help a lot of folks out there to be able to appreciate this awesome setup better, but do retain the manual install method which might help those who would rather stick to the raspbian wheezy barebones image or even use this on Ubuntu.

Thanks for your excellent support!
michelem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 11:04:28 AM

Thanks, that solved the 'php' binary resolving issue. Now I can see the cron is working, although the stats are still not showing on the page.

Also I see there are ajax extensions in the code, but can the dashboard be set to dynamically update as the stats are being pulled from the minerd binary?

I would suggest that while you create the RPi image, which would definitely help a lot of folks out there to be able to appreciate this awesome setup better, but do retain the manual install method which might help those who would rather stick to the raspbian wheezy barebones image or even use this on Ubuntu.

Please can you explain what stats are not showing up? Do you mean the graphs?
Can you check this url:

Code:
http://<yourip>/minera/index.php/app/stored_stats

This should show you the stored stats generated by the cron task if it's empty there's still some problems with the cron task.

Ajax Auto-refresh is on the way, only few hours/days to release it.

And yes, the manual install procedure will stay in place for people who wanna install it in their own environments.

Get Minera. Your next bitcoin mining dashboard. Donations are welcome
highwalker

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 11:26:58 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2014, 12:21:10 PM by highwalker

Please can you explain what stats are not showing up? Do you mean the graphs?
Can you check this url:

Code:
http://<yourip>/minera/index.php/app/stored_stats

This should show you the stored stats generated by the cron task if it's empty there's still some problems with the cron task.

Ajax Auto-refresh is on the way, only few hours/days to release it.

And yes, the manual install procedure will stay in place for people who wanna install it in their own environments.

Sorry for not being clear. Yes, I meant the graphical stats are  not showing up. stored_stats url returns with
Code:
[]

I can see cron running:
Code:
May  7 16:30:01 raspberrypi /USR/SBIN/CRON[13746]: (minera) CMD (php /var/www/minera/index.php app cron_stats)
May  7 16:35:01 raspberrypi /USR/SBIN/CRON[13751]: (minera) CMD (php /var/www/minera/index.php app cron_stats)
May  7 16:40:01 raspberrypi /USR/SBIN/CRON[13762]: (minera) CMD (php /var/www/minera/index.php app cron_stats)
May  7 16:45:01 raspberrypi /USR/SBIN/CRON[13845]: (minera) CMD (php /var/www/minera/index.php app cron_stats)
May  7 16:50:01 raspberrypi /USR/SBIN/CRON[13972]: (minera) CMD (php /var/www/minera/index.php app cron_stats)

I am sorry, usually I debug these stuff myself, but I am not too good with PHP and I haven't gotten my head around the overall code flow yet.

Are there any logs or configs that you would like to look at to help me out in fixing this, please do let me know.

EDIT:
Ah, poking around in /var/www/applications/controllers/app.php, I figured probably the cron job call is incorrect as 'cron_stats'.
Code:
/*
        // Store controller Get the store stats from Redis
        */
        public function stored_stats()
        {
                $storedStats = $this->util_model->getStoredStats(3600);

$this->output
                        ->set_content_type('application/json')
                        ->set_output("[".implode(",", $storedStats)."]");
        }

So should the cron job actually be calling stored_stats instead of cron_stats? Currently the cron is:
Code:

EDIT 2:

Fixed it.
The current /etc/cron.d/minera file is:
Code:
this should be:
Code:
*/5 * * * * minera php /var/www/minera/index.php app cron

Perhaps you will update this in the git.
michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 01:05:21 PM

Fixed it.
The current /etc/cron.d/minera file is:
Code:
this should be:
Code:
*/5 * * * * minera php /var/www/minera/index.php app cron

Perhaps you will update this in the git.

AH! you found it! Yes, definitely that. This is because I had update that url controller but I forgot to put a redirect for the old one for retro compatibility. The git code was fixed this morning.

So the best way to solve this kind of problems is almost always do a "git pull" to get the latest code and if I'm not too much old I remembered what I have forgotten before Wink

Thanks for post and patience.

highwalker

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:12:40 PM

Smiley No worries.

I checked the git repo, just thinking out aloud, that perhaps, instead of the redirect in the apps.php, it might be easier to change the install_minera.sh script:
Code:
echo -e "Adding cron file in /etc/cron.d\n-----\n"

echo "*/5 * * * * minera php `pwd`/index.php app cron_stats" > /etc/cron.d/minera

echo -e 'DONE! Minera is ready!\n\nOpen the URL: http://'$(hostname -I | tr -d ' ')'/minera/\n\nAnd happy mining!\n'

to:
Code:
echo -e "Adding cron file in /etc/cron.d\n-----\n"

echo "*/5 * * * * minera php `pwd`/index.php app cron" > /etc/cron.d/minera

echo -e 'DONE! Minera is ready!\n\nOpen the URL: http://'$(hostname -I | tr -d ' ')'/minera/\n\nAnd happy mining!\n'

Although to maintain backward compatibility, the redirect will help...

Again, I love your work, thanks for this!
michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 05:00:20 PM

And you'll love it much more when you will pull the latest code I just committed: auto-refresh please! Smiley

Just run:

Code:
cd /var/www/minera
sudo git pull

Important:
This update (any version -> 0.1.3) has the new cpuminer that solves a problem with the minerd get:stats command. Before this version getting the stats was difficult cause a problem on minerd. Thanks to Sandor who did an excellent job now we have a super fast and reliable stats from cpuminer that's everything to give you the best experience with Minera.
Said that, you MUST restart your minerd if you upgrade to this release because minerd sends the stats in a different way now and the old Minera cannot take them correctly. Usually this is not needed except in this case.
So if you upgrade Minera (and you should do it!) please restart your minerd as well.

happy auto-refreshing! Wink

highwalker

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:07:21 PM

Fantastic, I was just going over your commits on the repo and saw your post! Updating right away and will share feedback!

Smiley
highwalker

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:19:18 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2014, 08:33:04 PM by highwalker

Awesome! Loving the latest update with auto-refresh!

I was expecting you would get the minerd 0.9f which sandor111 has updated already with on-the-fly freq changes incorporated, but I guess you need to test that out first.

Also for the next version, I would suggest a third option under Miner>Restart miner. Its useful when you make config changes and single-click to effect it.

One more bug I noticed is that if I switch tabs (I am using Chrome) and return to the Minera tab, it sometimes shows me very low hash rate, haven't yet been able to reproduce it everytime, but will provide more details if it happens very frequently (tab shift and return somehow shows the updated value correctly even before auto-refresh has been done!). It might be some incompatible extension, but I will track this closely and let you know.

Thanks!!

EDIT: This happens everytime the tab changes and returns... here's the screengrab:
pjcltd
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1003

NodeMasters

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 08:22:43 PM

looks very nice i will have a go with this
michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 09:35:32 PM

Hello,
I just committed the code with some new features, thanks to Sandor we have devices auto-detect option now on CPUMiner so Minera is just ready to support it too.

The new config option is "--gc3355-detect"

Using this option with Minera works very fine but you should get unsorted dev names (very tiny issue), but I will fix this asap.

Minera now has a pseudo auto-upgrade system, it simply do a "git pull" to get the new code but I think it's good enough, you should see a notify icon near the help corner when a new version is available.

Important
If you went from a previous version you should manually add a line to /etc/sudoers file please refer to the README here: https://github.com/michelem09/minera (troubleshooting section).

Let's upgrade to 0.1.4

PS
for the issue with the auto-refresh and device-tree not showing the right hashrate it's only a rendering problem due to the javascript when you leave the browser tab, I will look at it.

Oh, I forgot, there is the "restart miner" button now Smiley

dloganbill

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:00:21 PM

I've been watching your teaser posts in other threads for quite a while and now this thread.  I must say, I am very impressed by how quickly you are pumping out updates!  Keep it up! I'll switch one of my rigs over to this for a side-by-side comparison with Hashra Mini Controlla.

My biggest problem so far is that CPUMiner isn't compatible with Nicehash which I've been using and loving for several weeks.  Any chance you can convince Sandor to work on a solution?

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
toxic0n

Activity: 413
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:14:06 PM

Thanks for the new update, looks awesome. Sent a couple of bucks your way Smiley
toxic0n

Activity: 413
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:17:42 PM

I've been watching your teaser posts in other threads for quite a while and now this thread.  I must say, I am very impressed by how quickly you are pumping out updates!  Keep it up! I'll switch one of my rigs over to this for a side-by-side comparison with Hashra Mini Controlla.

My biggest problem so far is that CPUMiner isn't compatible with Nicehash which I've been using and loving for several weeks.  Any chance you can convince Sandor to work on a solution?
It isn't compatible with Betarigs either so I ended up switching to MiningRigRentals (check out my signature). The increase in hash rates more than made up for  the decrease in rental frequency for me.
michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 10:27:16 PM

well a comparison report should be very useful to see what I can do more on Minera, please share if you can.

What software are you using with Nicehash? I have in mind to add support for bfgminer/cgminer to Minera.

@toxic0n thanks much appreciate Smiley

pjcltd
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1003

NodeMasters

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 10:36:57 PM

any chance this can be used on a linux PC ?
edonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:15:18 AM

I just committed the code with some new features, thanks to Sandor we have devices auto-detect option now on CPUMiner so Minera is just ready to support it too.

The new config option is "--gc3355-detect"

Using this option with Minera works very fine but you should get unsorted dev names (very tiny issue), but I will fix this asap.

That's a great new option from Sandor. So glad he added it.

Any chance that you can add the ability to optionally display the GSD serial number? I found this very useful with the mox235 version of Scripta when it came to hand tuning the frequency of individual GSD units.

In general it's useful to be able to uniformly identify a GSD regardless of where it's plugged into the USB bus.

Of course my next request will be to ask Sandor to add the ability to specify individual chip frequencies by serial number, not dev node. But if the auto-tune feature works, maybe I'll never need that. ;-)

Was I helpful?   BTC: 3G1Ubof5u8K9iJkM8We2f3amYZgGVdvpHr
dloganbill

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:56:00 AM

well a comparison report should be very useful to see what I can do more on Minera, please share if you can.

What software are you using with Nicehash? I have in mind to add support for bfgminer/cgminer to Minera.

@toxic0n thanks much appreciate Smiley

Hashra's controller in scrypt only mode runs bfgminer. Sandors software is superior but the boost in performance is lost in major rejects at Nicehash. 

From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
dloganbill

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:47:45 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2014, 05:16:11 AM by dloganbill

Sorry to double post.

I followed your readme and easily accessed the dashboard.  Upon login, it didn't start automining.  Then I changed the default pool settings to my pool and clicked restart.  Still no mining.  I messed around for a while and finally went to sikon's github, followed his readme and reinstalled his cpuminer.  That did the trick and I am now mining.  I switched another rpi with Hashra's software over to coinshift which is where I have minera pointed.  Each rpi has 10 5 chip gridseeds and both are set to default 875 MHz, but Minera has autotune enabled.  I will post a follow up to compare the side-by-side results later. I may need to keep waiting, but it's been longer than 1 hour of run time and the graphs haven't showed up yet.

Aside from the initial start up glitch I had and no graphs yet, it seems really well put together.  A few recommendations I would like to see added/changed:

• Access live log from the web page.  This is available from both Hashra's and Lightningasics firmware and is very helpful.
  • I may have missed this, but a total run time would be nice (Days, Hours, Minutes, Seconds.)
  • Auto-refresh is nice, but can you avoid the screen greying out with the "wait" circle? Parse in the background and push data when ready?
  • I would like to be able to see per chip stats.  Check out Lightningasics software for example.  It is very well organized
  • I would like to be able to add/edit pools via text boxes instead of config file.  Also I would like to see the status of the pools (active or not ect).  Check out Hashra's IMG.  They have this nailed perfectly.
  • I don't see a reject percentage listed anywhere.  It may be shown on the graph, but it's not currently working for me.

michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 06:26:45 AM

Sorry to double post.

I followed your readme and easily accessed the dashboard.  Upon login, it didn't start automining.  Then I changed the default pool settings to my pool and clicked restart.  Still no mining.  I messed around for a while and finally went to sikon's github, followed his readme and reinstalled his cpuminer.  That did the trick and I am now mining.  I switched another rpi with Hashra's software over to coinshift which is where I have minera pointed.  Each rpi has 10 5 chip gridseeds and both are set to default 875 MHz, but Minera has autotune enabled.  I will post a follow up to compare the side-by-side results later. I may need to keep waiting, but it's been longer than 1 hour of run time and the graphs haven't showed up yet.

Aside from the initial start up glitch I had and no graphs yet, it seems really well put together.  A few recommendations I would like to see added/changed:

• Access live log from the web page.  This is available from both Hashra's and Lightningasics firmware and is very helpful.
  • I may have missed this, but a total run time would be nice (Days, Hours, Minutes, Seconds.)
  • Auto-refresh is nice, but can you avoid the screen greying out with the "wait" circle? Parse in the background and push data when ready?
  • I would like to be able to see per chip stats.  Check out Lightningasics software for example.  It is very well organized
  • I would like to be able to add/edit pools via text boxes instead of config file.  Also I would like to see the status of the pools (active or not ect).  Check out Hashra's IMG.  They have this nailed perfectly.
  • I don't see a reject percentage listed anywhere.  It may be shown on the graph, but it's not currently working for me.

Thanks for the feedbacks! Many of the stuff you listed is on development and I hope to release something by the end of the week.

For the issue with the graphs, can you check if you have php5-cli installed? Try installing it and see what it tells you:

Code:
sudo apt-get install php5-cli

Please let me know. Thanks!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 185 »
  Print  

Jump to: