Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:12:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tistoni's BTC fund with 10% returns  (Read 1477 times)
tistoni (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:29:22 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2014, 01:07:20 AM by tistoni

Welcome to Tistoni's BTC fund. This works by taking Bitcoins, converting them to fiat and investing them into low risk steady return investments which yield up to 10% net returns in a year. We invest into P2P crowdfunding projects on the internet using artificial intelligence technology and actively trade on a number of private markets. Crowdfunding is set to grow exponentially within the next two years so future returns will likely exceed current ones. Once you invest, your money will no longer follow the Bitcoin price movement, which will keep it safe against a drop in exchange rate. It is important to note that we do not speculate in Bitcoin, so keep that in mind. A characteristic of our investment is that losses extremely rarely occur and you get daily small increments to your balance. We also avoid prolonged exposure to securities and aim to trade them in a few days. This reduces long-term risks in investments. We have been active for almost two years and achieved steady returns. You can invest by sending greater than or equal to 1 amount of Bitcoins to the following address 1M6a8S9wtgq8PegcnGSc7EBPZe7bDx49dF . You can withdraw all your funds by sending less than 1 amount of Bitcoins to the same address. Please remember the Bitcoin address you use to deposit and withdraw funds as this is used to identify your account. In order to reduce fixed costs associated with converting Bitcoin, we process all deposits and withdrawals once a week Sunday and all fees are shared between members with pending transactions. This is $7 for deposits and $14 for withdrawals. In addition, we charge a 10% performance fee on all returns. This means if you lose money, then we lose 10% of that too and if you win money, we win 10% of that so you keep 90%. This makes our revenue directly tied to yours. We hope that with new technology everyone around the world can benefit from our innovations.

Video screencast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mqn9114OAM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:37:16 PM

how about no

fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 07:49:33 PM

I've sent 30 Bitcoins to that address, the transaction ID is eieiohellno. I look forward to making a steady 10% a year, turning my $13 500 into $14 850 in 12 months (or, as an alternate way of viewing it, turning my 30 Bitcoins into 2 Bitcoins or less if Bitcoin exceeds $7 425 per BTC in the same period. Which it will.)

crocko

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:52:59 PM

I've sent 30 Bitcoins to that address, the transaction ID is eieiohellno. I look forward to making a steady 10% a year, turning my $13 500 into $14 850 in 12 months (or, as an alternate way of viewing it, turning my 30 Bitcoins into 2 Bitcoins or less if Bitcoin exceeds $7 425 per BTC in the same period. Which it will.)

What if the BTC price will raise to $1000 again ? Grin

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 08:42:44 PM

What if the BTC price will raise to $1000 again ? Grin

Well that's kinda the point - if I hold the 30 Bitcoins for 12 months and Bitcoin goes up to $7 425 per BTC that means that my pile is worth $222 750. There is literally no way 10% a year can compare with that. Now if they were known in the community, had a credible WoT presence, had a business model with a reasonable chance of success, and were offering to increase one's BTC holdings...well...

AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:21:10 AM

Stopped reading after this "low risk steady return investments which yield up to 10% net returns in a year. We invest into P2P crowdfunding projects on the internet using artificial intelligence technology"

1. There is no such thing as a low risk investment that pays 10% per year.
2. Crowdfunding projects? Really? Thats "low risk steady return investments"Huh More like "very high risk investments"
3. AI technology to invest in crowdfunding projects. How does that work? Does it look into the future and tell you which project will generate 10% a year? Its impossible to tell which crowdfunding projects will succeed. Its very possible to determine which ones will be lower risk than others, but even a great idea can flop very easily.

This is a joke, anyone that sends their BTC there -->  Shocked
tistoni (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:43:45 PM

You are right that if Bitcoin will reach a price of $100,000 in a year then it makes no sense to invest here. However, what if Bitcoin price will be half of what is today? After all, it used to be $1200 and now it's trading at $450. That's more than half of value lost. You are essentially gambling your money because you can't tell for sure that Bitcoin price will increase.

There is such a thing as low risk high return investment if you know what you're doing and there is an opportunity. The way it works is that we fund P2P loan applications. We analyse the merits of each application and also take into account social media discourse generated, i.e. people can ask questions and borrowers answer and we analyse this text data. For example, if you see lots of health related words, you may deduct that the loan is used in the health industry which traditionally has a low bankruptcy rate so it is safer to lend to. In addition, if a borrower doesn't answer a lot of questions that can mean that there are some problems with his business. People already make judgements based on these factors intuitively, what we do is create a mathematical model that can quantify this judgement. Once we have loans, we can trade with other peers and we can even sell at a premium. That means our software predicts what loans will be in high demand when they are traded, so we can only invest in those in advance that will generate the most profit for us later. It is like forecasting the future with some certainty by learning from hundreds of gigabytes of historical data. It is no surprise that our software makes much better decisions than most normal people on these crowdfunding sites when deciding where to invest and how much. It is also no surprise that we achieve much higher returns than market average while taking no excess risk.

The way we have instant access to the invested capital is that we usually sell all loans for projects within a few days. That means a whole investment cycle is completed in a few days. At any given time, about 30% of the total capital is in cash and in a few days we can exit almost all our positions usually (up to 90%).

In summary you are right that it is impossible to tell for any one person which projects will generate 10% a year, but if you have lots of data and use mathematical modelling that takes into account hundreds of factors, then that's a totally different way to approach the problem.

NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:56:29 PM

I'll take two!
tistoni (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 04:35:19 PM

I've created a short screencast explaining how the investment works. You can watch it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mqn9114OAM
binderclip

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 08:35:58 PM

Can you provide an example of one of your completed trades? This is so vague. There's no description of share structure, no website, nothing.
tistoni (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 01:06:52 AM

Project Listed on Crowdfunding Website in need of raising funds through a loan.
We bid on project, offering 20.0 capital at a rate of 7.6%.
Other investors also make their offers, undercutting each other.
Project listing ends, if project is fully funded, owner accepts the monies with smallest rates.

Next day, loan parts are distributed to investors.
We start earning interest on our loan part.
Option 1: We keep the loan part until maturity.
Option 2: We sell the loan part to other investors if they pay us some good premium

We list the loan part for sale. We offer it for 20.06.
Other investor comes, wants to buy our loan, pays us 20.06.
Project owner starts paying interest to other investor from now on, not to us.
We made a quick one time profit, we reinvest our capital into new projects listed.

From the sale, we got back our initial investment 20.0, plus 0.06.
From that, 0.05 goes to website as fee, we keep 0.01.
Considering that it took us 1 day to sell, we made a ((0.01/20)+1)^365 = 1.20 , around 20% annual return.

Key question: How to know in advance which projects will sell fast for a large premium?? Very difficult to tell.
For example, we may list our loan part for sale at 20.06.
Nobody buys it from us.....
We earn interest but it's only 7.6%, not 20% we could have earned by selling straight away.
In addition, there is the danger of defaulting and we may lose all our money.
Lesson: Gotta invest wisely.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was thinking of setting up a website, but with bitcoin all account management can be done even without a website. So it would be mostly informational. The only functionally I can think of is to ability to view your current balance. Deposits, Withdrawals, Keeping records can be all done via the bitcoin network.

With regard to shares, do you mean CryptoStocks? At first I thought there would be a common shared fund that everybody contributes to and gets earnings proportional to their investment, sort of like a mutual fund. The main problem is the Bitcoin Exchange fee which is needed to convert fiat to Bitcoin and vice versa. I could do dividend payments, but I'd imagine that people want to reinvest their earning until they want to withdraw everything. Anyway, let me know your thoughts.

Benjig

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 02:58:34 AM

Get along.. nothing to see here
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: