Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 03:26:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Indian localbitcoins scammer list  (Read 63178 times)
Aayush

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

I believe in Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 03:53:40 AM

https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/saaikaash2/
Sent money from a hacked account 58900.
Since this was a current account and the neft reached me 2 days later, I thought it would be safe to release.
But I was wrong, account is frozen now, owner of the account called, and I made him understand, lets see what happens.

There is no way to verify it seems, and my account getting frozen too often, looks like I'll have to stop trading.

If anyone else knows any details of this user please send them to me

Calm
micky123
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 07:40:53 AM

This is a worrying trend!   Sad
How should we remain safe when hackers are going to these lengths? Maybe the time is ripe for proper exchanges to come into the picture as P2P trading has several risks at this point. People who have been trading with each other earlier and trust each other, should probably continue trading P2P, but would be very difficult to confirm identity if their accounts have been compromised. I generally P2P with Pankaj and even though his rates are little less than market rate when buying btc from me, i am assured that this is a legit transaction as he is probably the most trusted trader on these forums.

ashish12

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

BITCOIN

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 06:31:54 AM

thing is how do these people get otp
Aayush

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

I believe in Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 07:27:32 AM

thing is how do these people get otp
Exactly unless they are lying themselves after sending money to get a charge back

Calm
vennali
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1081

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 09:24:30 AM

@dizz , just curious that how does opening the trade on lbtc would not cause him to scam ? Couldn't he just send the payment through the other account there as well ?

buysellbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1001

https://www.zebpay.com

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 10:17:55 AM

This thread should to in main board with OP writing summary and contact details of scammers and incidents.

Regards

Download Zebpay Fastest way to Buy / Sell Bitcoins in India
Transaction processing within one working day and best bitcoin rates | Recharge airtime & buy vouchers of Amazon, Flipkart, Domino's at great discounts
dizz

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 02:50:29 AM

@dizz , just curious that how does opening the trade on lbtc would not cause him to scam ? Couldn't he just send the payment through the other account there as well ?

Yes. Of course, thats also happening now. I just said that to that guy just to support my own side.  Wink

There was an incident once: A trade was opened. ID verified, bank account verified, phone number, everything else done. The buyer paid 13K to my bank account. Released bitcoins almost instantly. Exactly 1hr after that trade a guy called me asked : "So when you are going to deliver my 'puppies'?"
He paid that money to someone in dubai to buy Golden retriever puppies. And I was introduced to him as the Indian agent who will be delivering puppies to the guy.

And you know, it is really very very difficult to make them understand the whole things what ever happened. First question what they will ask is "What is bitcoins?" If you can make them understand what it is then they will trust you. If you are not able to, then they are not gonna believe you so easily.

I remember I spoke to this guy for more than 2hrs on that day. Finally solved - An amicable settlement !!!
Viper_Unleashed

Activity: 584
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 03:56:26 PM

Golden Retriever than means.....there someone made money in commission and stayed anonymous throughout the whole thing.
Quite a gesture.
vennali
Legendary

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 06:20:11 PM

Yes. Of course, thats also happening now. I just said that to that guy just to support my own side.  Wink

There was an incident once: A trade was opened. ID verified, bank account verified, phone number, everything else done. The buyer paid 13K to my bank account. Released bitcoins almost instantly. Exactly 1hr after that trade a guy called me asked : "So when you are going to deliver my 'puppies'?"
He paid that money to someone in dubai to buy Golden retriever puppies. And I was introduced to him as the Indian agent who will be delivering puppies to the guy.

And you know, it is really very very difficult to make them understand the whole things what ever happened. First question what they will ask is "What is bitcoins?" If you can make them understand what it is then they will trust you. If you are not able to, then they are not gonna believe you so easily.

I remember I spoke to this guy for more than 2hrs on that day. Finally solved - An amicable settlement !!!

Thats quite a funny situation and a troublesome situation to be in. Perhaps you could have talked to that guy and had asked how he thinks his bank account was hacked, and why he gave all his ID information to this third party who claimed to be selling dogs to him.

micky123
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 03:28:01 AM

Wow, thats weird!! What was the settlement if you don't mind me asking? I still stick to my stand that these guys are con artists who probably rope in their friends to join them in trying to fool traders on Localbitcoins. They already know they will be sending from that particular account as that account is probably their friends account, then they get their friend to call you and say stuff like you mentioned above. That way they will pressure you into "Settling" and this settling almost always is a losing proposition for the trader and this gang goes ahead on to the next unsuspecting trader. Smells of Deepak Chawla to me again!

shahadil

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 07:06:55 PM

. Smells of Deepak Chawla to me again!
[/quote]

Deepak Chawla was too small for all of this. As far as i know Deepak Chawla was found. He had a gambling problem if i remember correctly, and cops had raided him and a good thrashing was given, and after that incident he has not surfaced again.
vennali
Legendary

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 08:14:05 PM

Deepak Chawla was too small for all of this. As far as i know Deepak Chawla was found. He had a gambling problem if i remember correctly, and cops had raided him and a good thrashing was given, and after that incident he has not surfaced again.

[/quote]

Really , any link to provide an update on this ? I heard from a friend who is a seller on localbitcoin that he too was contacted from someone , and asked to confirm about some offer through the email localbitcoins.com@gmail.com

which I believe is the same way Deepak scams.

shahadil

Activity: 202

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 02:52:34 AM

Really , any link to provide an update on this ? I heard from a friend who is a seller on localbitcoin that he too was contacted from someone , and asked to confirm about some offer through the email localbitcoins.com@gmail.com

[/quote]

Pm'ed you.
micky123
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 03:38:16 AM

Pm'ed you.
[/quote]

When was this? He contacted me on 1st July and tried to scam me again. I informed Pankaj and we were in the process of trying to catch the bastard when he smelt something was up. Old habits die hard, maybe now if he was caught, he has found a new MO to commit these cons and is conning people in such a way that blame cannot be attributed to him directly. Im not really sure, but i have a strong feeling he is one of the con team members.  Grin

escrow.ms (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 08:46:56 AM

That's deepak chawla's email id which is liked to his mobile number. 9911376028
vennali
Legendary

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 07:14:30 PM

Yes, I am aware of that, but I am sure it was after december(which according to the pm I received was around the time that Deepak was found) that someone I know was contacted and asked to confirm about some form of bonus , by sending an email to that email and said that it was the official email of lbtc.

micky123
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 03:14:54 AM

Yes, I am aware of that, but I am sure it was after december(which according to the pm I received was around the time that Deepak was found) that someone I know was contacted and asked to confirm about some form of bonus , by sending an email to that email and said that it was the official email of lbtc.

I honestly feel he was not caught, because if he was, he wouldn't try and scam me on 1st July. If he was caught, he must have been caught after 1st July. This new scam MO seems to be something that he is capable of, because he has shared several bank account details with me earlier as well, so i know he has access to multiple bank accounts. It could make sense that he is using an accomplice to blackmail people out of their btc / money.

ashfaq

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 07:48:27 PM

deepak chawla is really scammer he scammed me too,luckily i was buying for just 20$  and he never gave me coins.

Rotten Egg

Activity: 178
Merit: 22

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 05:52:56 PM

Is this deepak chawla ?

Cleaning BitcoinTalk India since 2014.
micky123
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 05:58:06 PM

Is this deepak chawla ?

I am not sure of that, iirc he looked a bit younger, but ofc, we are not sure if this was the same guy we were looking at in the first place. Just to update, the person who said that Deepak Chawla is not active anymore... well... he is alive and kicking and was trying to scam me again just 2 days ago!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: