Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:15:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do China products has poor quality?  (Read 6389 times)
TheHeroMember (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2012, 01:52:10 AM

Hey guys, i just bought this swiss knife thingy 3 days ago, unfortunately i can't use it anymore. When i checked it says "Made in China" .   Sad

You're fucking up. Benchmade, homie.

http://www.benchmade.com/

Thanks for the share mate.

Hey Guys! WWW.FREEBITCOINS.ORG introduces "Epic December Contest" where you can Win Sweet Casascius Coins !!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 01:55:04 AM

Hey guys, i just bought this swiss knife thingy 3 days ago, unfortunately i can't use it anymore. When i checked it says "Made in China" .   Sad

Pretty pricey, but lifetime warranty and ridiculous quality. Not very many knife manufacturers use quality steel. I've got a model 557 that has a 154cm steel blade; nicest knife I have ever owned.
TheHeroMember (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2012, 01:59:13 AM

I remember reading some place that companies use China as a manufacturer(one reason) because they're built to their specifications more precisely, and cheaper.

What else... lower wages + no social protection = cheaper production = +profit...
Event thus now the economic leeches (AKA corporations) are changing their production to Vietnam where wages are even lower than China.
Keep wearing with proud Nike, Puma, Adidas... and all other made in "where it gets cheaper to made" outfits and stuff (until our economies collapse with so many imported junk that is).

Manufacturing outsource is another way to boost their income, lower cost and lesser tax or maybe 0 tax since it is outsource. Quality control personnel are present, yet the problem is how do you expect dedication and quality of work from them if their salary is low as well.  

Hey Guys! WWW.FREEBITCOINS.ORG introduces "Epic December Contest" where you can Win Sweet Casascius Coins !!!
TheHeroMember (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2012, 02:03:19 AM

Pretty pricey, but lifetime warranty and ridiculous quality. Not very many knife manufacturers use quality steel. I've got a model 557 that has a 154cm steel blade; nicest knife I have ever owned.

Forget about the price, lifetime warranty and quality is priceless as long as it's not lost or maybe misplaced.   

BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 02:03:49 AM

Manufacturing outsource is another way to boost their income, lower cost and lesser tax or maybe 0 tax since it is outsource. Quality control personnel are present, yet the problem is how do you expect dedication and quality of work from them if their salary is low as well.  

I don't blame it on the workers, for 30 USD/mo in average that's exactly a "you get what you paid for". I blame it on the corps. which "boost their income" in such way.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
TheHeroMember (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2012, 02:04:48 AM

Forget about the price, lifetime warranty and quality is priceless as long as it's not lost or maybe misplaced.   

Misplaced...till you found out that its pinned already to somebody's stomach, LOL  Cheesy

RandyFolds

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 02:09:28 AM

I've been rocking the same knife for about eight years, and before that I had another benchmade that I gave to a farmer in Nicaragua after he let me sleep on his porch for a few weeks. I swear by them.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2012, 04:22:59 AM

This looks cooler Cheesy  (sarcasm) http://www.amazon.com/Victorinox-Swiss-Army-SwissChamp-XAVT/dp/B000QGF986
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 04:28:32 AM

I remember reading some place that companies use China as a manufacturer(one reason) because they're built to their specifications more precisely, and cheaper.

Yep, it's pretty hard to buy any electronics component - whether high or low quality - which hasn't intersected with Foxconn at some point during manufacture and the majority of their factories are in China.  They may be the only company in the world which has suicide prevention nets at their factory.  What a claim to fame.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
RandyFolds

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 04:43:13 AM

This looks cooler Cheesy  (sarcasm) http://www.amazon.com/Victorinox-Swiss-Army-SwissChamp-XAVT/dp/B000QGF986

There's an even goofier one that is like, a foot wide. I think they were made as a store 'demo of every tool available' type thing.

RandyFolds

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 05:09:56 AM

Looks like a trap in SAW IV.

Saw that shit on storage wars. Yeah, I was that bored...
TheHeroMember (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2012, 04:03:17 AM

There's an even goofier one that is like, a foot wide. I think they were made as a store 'demo of every tool available' type thing.

This one's a multiple count in illegal possession of deadly weapon. LOL  Cheesy

TheHeroMember (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2012, 04:08:59 AM

Happy chinese new year anyway. Kung Hei Fat Choi.  Smiley

Ekaros

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 10:20:44 AM

It is you get what you pay for. If I buy something for a few dollars I don't exept it to last very long. Part of the blame might fall on those who order and desing, some stuff just isn't made to last to increase sales...

12pA5nZB5AoXZaaEeoxh5bNqUGXwUUp3Uv
http://firstbits.com/1qdiz
Feel free to help poor student!
TheHeroMember (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2012, 05:37:18 AM

It is you get what you pay for. If I buy something for a few dollars I don't exept it to last very long. Part of the blame might fall on those who order and desing, some stuff just isn't made to last to increase sales...

Agree, we'll its a lesson learnt.  Smiley

Nicolai Larsen

Activity: 331

Earthling

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2012, 03:50:38 PM

It's called "Planned Obsolescence".

Learn more about it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1xt4nEvipg

BTC: 1GUH16sneWgKuE1ArXrnYKN3njuherJQi1
TheHeroMember (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2012, 07:06:44 AM

Just wonderin if china porcelains are of great quality.

Ekaros

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 02:58:25 PM

Just wonderin if china porcelains are of great quality.

Research+pay about same as from western... Grin No I don't realy know...

12pA5nZB5AoXZaaEeoxh5bNqUGXwUUp3Uv
http://firstbits.com/1qdiz
Feel free to help poor student!
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2012, 11:18:45 PM

It is true that many products from China have poor quality, but almost all products from US are low quality.

I guess you are trolling but....

The US has made low quality products at times as Japan has as well.  In the 70's Japanese stuff really started to improve.  We really did say "cheap Japanese crap" back then.   In the 90's it was considered the best and in my mind recently has started to pull back in quality. 

Same thing for Korean products.  When the Hyundai accent came to America it was just one (big) notch ahead of the Yugo.  It was junk.  Now Hyundai makes some of the best cars (right here in the USA even). 

I currently can not think of many products that are US made that are of low quality.  In the 80's many American cars really sucked, but by the mid late nineties that started to change.  Today, American made cars are pretty close in quality to foreign cars, and in many cases the variances between models are greater then the variances between brands. 

palmertech

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 11:38:55 PM

One thing nobody has brought up is that pretty much everything is made in China.

High end, well built products from Dell, Apple, pretty much any tech product?  All made in China, and all great quality.  The problem is not the Chinese, they are perfectly capable of building fantastic stuff.  The problem is when a company does not want the added expense of high quality production.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: