Bitcoin Forum
March 30, 2024, 01:46:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [FCN] Fantomcoin. CN based, anonymous. Merge mine with BCN, XMR, QCN, duck.  (Read 127052 times)
BreakingBAD

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:01:10 PM

Is it possible to MM FantomCoin and LiteCoin?? Or just to choose from BCN, MRO and QCN?

Litecoin is not CN coin, so just choose from available ones like you've said : BCN, MRO and QCN.

It is possible to mine both of them as they use different resources. FCN uses CPU and Litecoin uses GPU. But its meaningless as CPU will be overwhelmed.
Yes, you can do both on the same computer. For the CPU, mine FCN or another CN coin with simpleminer, minerc, or SoloMiner.

For the GPU (Litecoin), use cgminer or a similar miner. The mining app itself (such as cgminer) will use hardly any of your CPU because the mining is done on the GPU.

About 1.5 years ago, I mined BTC on the GPU and mined LTC on the CPU of the same computer...no problems.

1.5 year ago the difficulty was much times easier  Wink Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ShitHappens

Activity: 74

“Everyone Is A Bank”

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:07:55 PM

Just read this article: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/cryptocurrency-news-round-apple-accepts-bitcoin-apps-cryptocurrency-divorces-1450984
It's not connected completely connected with FCN, but start of accepting crypto currencies by apple may mean a huge step forward in accepting it.
As FCN is a crypto currency as bitcoin is, i believe it will be possible to use it too!  Smiley Smiley Smiley

Here is more extensive http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2647605/Apple-soon-accept-Bitcoin-Policy-update-paves-way-virtual-currencies-used-buying-apps.html article about apple presentation, but the thing is i think they might want to introduce a currency of their own in near future.  Undecided

BABB          |[     BANK ACCOUNT BASED BLOCKCHAIN     ]|       Everyone is a bank
▬                       JOIN TOKEN SALE                       ▬
▬▬▬▬▬     JOIN THE COMMUNITY    |    Telegram     ▬▬▬▬▬
BillieGin

Activity: 253
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:20:04 PM

Why has the price dropped like a stone?  I mean 21 sat wtf Embarrassed

This is weird. Difficulty goes up and price goes down? There are some shenanigans going on I'm telling you.

Maybe someone was dumping once again. It's climbing up back now.

Is FCN currency somehow connected with BTC?
c789

Activity: 850
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:39:53 PM

This is weird. Difficulty goes up and price goes down? There are some shenanigans going on I'm telling you.

As a cryptocurrency, FCN is fork of Bytecoin. The BTC system is very different in terms of software, and it's not anonymous (it's pseudo-anonymous). FCN is as anonymous as it gets.

However, all cryptocurrencies (CCs) are related to BTC in the way that all fiat currencies are related to the US Dollar. Almost all fiat currency exchanges base their rates on the US Dollar, and in the CC world, CC exchanges base their rates on BTC.

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
bitcoinbear

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:46:38 PM

As a cryptocurrency, FCN is fork of Bytecoin. The BTC system is very different in terms of software, and it's not anonymous (it's pseudo-anonymous). FCN is as anonymous as it gets.

However, all cryptocurrencies (CCs) are related to BTC in the way that all fiat currencies are related to the US Dollar. Almost all fiat currency exchanges base their rates on the US Dollar, and in the CC world, CC exchanges base their rates on BTC.

Couldn't say better myself. Smiley

I wonder if this is ever going to change tho. I mean, everything is priced compared to bitcoin now, will it be priced compared to FCN or any other CN currency?

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
ellave

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 11:14:42 AM

Hi i'm trying to chase some failed transfers I did to Poloniex they need my TX id, how do I find it?  I have my wallet log but its a bit of a mine field??
SunSeeder

Activity: 124

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 02:13:08 PM

I wonder if this is ever going to change tho. I mean, everything is priced compared to bitcoin now, will it be priced compared to FCN or any other CN currency?

I believe it depends on popularity of currency.
NoDreamsWatching

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 02:26:42 PM

Agree, i think it needs good marketing!
BreakingBAD

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 02:37:27 PM

Now, when Apple started supporting CCs it's a huge step forward!  Smiley

BreakingBAD

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 02:48:15 PM

I've downloaded files for OSX, but when I try to run them, os tells that they are broken and suggests to move to trash..any ideas??

Where'd you downloaded it from? Try from this link: http://sourceforge.net/projects/fantomcoin/files/fantomcoin-macos.zip/download

This one works normal, than you!  Cheesy

Zickafa

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 02:55:30 PM

Just read this article: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/cryptocurrency-news-round-apple-accepts-bitcoin-apps-cryptocurrency-divorces-1450984
It's not connected completely connected with FCN, but start of accepting crypto currencies by apple may mean a huge step forward in accepting it.
As FCN is a crypto currency as bitcoin is, i believe it will be possible to use it too!  Smiley Smiley Smiley
Nice article, I just wanted to write some apps with in-app payment.  Smiley
ShitHappens

“Everyone Is A Bank”

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 03:06:42 PM

Marketing is not everything. Bitcoin is number one, because it was made first.

BABB          |[     BANK ACCOUNT BASED BLOCKCHAIN     ]|       Everyone is a bank
▬                       JOIN TOKEN SALE                       ▬
▬▬▬▬▬     JOIN THE COMMUNITY    |    Telegram     ▬▬▬▬▬
BillieGin

Activity: 253

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 03:12:54 PM

bitcoin was #1 for 5 years already, i think it won't be replaced anytime soon.  Undecided
c789

Activity: 850

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 04:39:07 PM

bitcoin was #1 for 5 years already, i think it won't be replaced anytime soon.  Undecided

The way I see it is that you can divide the cryptocurrency world into two parts:
  • The More Public Coins. I would include BTC in this. Really, I would include only BTC in this. I'm not an altcoin fan, although I do have some (just from mining). People would use BTC because there are needs for a public register of transactions. If you are operating a business, you really want this for the purposes of disclosure, accountability, reputation, regulatory compliance, etc.
  • The More Private Coins, such as FCN. Yes, these are technically alt-coins, but they provide features that BTC doesn't provide -- namely anonymity -- so I see them in a subclass separate from the BTC clones. Sometimes you don't want your assets or spending to be public, and these coins fill that need.

BTC use will continue to grow, no doubt about it. And that's great - I love BTC. But FCN (and *CN) coins will continue to grow in use as well. They each meet needs that the other type can't provide.

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 07:01:57 PM

Does anybody know why FCN/BTC trading is frozen on Poloniex today?
GVanelly

Activity: 247

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 08:13:06 PM

The way I see it is that you can divide the cryptocurrency world into two parts:
  • The More Public Coins. I would include BTC in this. Really, I would include only BTC in this. I'm not an altcoin fan, although I do have some (just from mining). People would use BTC because there are needs for a public register of transactions. If you are operating a business, you really want this for the purposes of disclosure, accountability, reputation, regulatory compliance, etc.
  • The More Private Coins, such as FCN. Yes, these are technically alt-coins, but they provide features that BTC doesn't provide -- namely anonymity -- so I see them in a subclass separate from the BTC clones. Sometimes you don't want your assets or spending to be public, and these coins fill that need.

BTC use will continue to grow, no doubt about it. And that's great - I love BTC. But FCN (and *CN) coins will continue to grow in use as well. They each meet needs that the other type can't provide.

I would better say, not private, but more specialized ones in which casual user doesn't see any difference.

Catastrough

Activity: 62

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 08:19:55 PM

Cryptocurrency just takes its time. Lets wait for a couple of years and see.
Schumacher

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 08:25:12 PM

I don't see how BTC need FCN. And FCN needs BTC just while it's not trading directly without converting it to BTC.
followtheboss

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 09:01:09 PM

why FCN is frozen on poloniex ??

cheers

human

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 01:25:23 AM

Can somebody update me how the merge-mining is going with Monero or other cryptonotes?
Especially important sub-question:
Do you lose any hashing power because you merge mine Fantomcoin with another cryptonote?
How do you set-up a mining pool with merge-mine support?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: