Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:04:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Solution to deal with heat from mining rigs  (Read 2517 times)
zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 12:21:08 AM

you can simply cool the rigs with ambient (correctly done) air flow

I used to keep my rigs cool enough with ambient temps up to 105oF... Now, I realize that's a bit extreme as I know some components (like PSUs) aren't supposed to be in ambient over 95oF (hence all expensive gold-cert PSUs)...  but it wasn't too hard to keep all the graphics cards under 75oC.  Just had to have a floor fan assigned to each computer... and a huge industrial fan blowing air in from the window & venting out the top..

The door was sealed off with some foam type stuff.  I'm sure some of that hot air still got to other parts of the house, but it probably didn't increase the AC bill all that much... maybe 10% or so.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitRack (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:14:12 PM

Yes as you can tell we are not reinventing the rack.  Our products are extremely high quality and user friendly compared to our competition as it directly affects the price.  In the mining industry everyone is trying to cut corners to save every penny, which is understandable.  We provide a quality product with the ability to make any custom modifications or requests that the customer might want (for example we designed a 106U rack for a miner last week), where most of the competition will not (We can make virtually any size you want).  We also manufacture and design our own custom and standard power strips, which gives our customers different options.  We have many different fan panel configurations and we could put something aesthetically pleasing to accommodate the racks like the photo posted above. Side note..you can check out our blue racks in this data center knowledge article posted today to check out our custom powdercoating abilities http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2014/05/28/5-reasons-modern-data-centers-use-environmental-sensors/
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: