Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:55:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoinica now out of both, BTC and USD  (Read 2509 times)
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 08:57:55 PM

It's important because it affects the level of liquidity in the Bitcoinica pseudo-market. Just as problems with deposits/withdrawals and account access has effected the liquidity of the exchanges. And it's not going to get better until Z can operate his own exchange.

The redflags I'm talking about are momentary and don't affect trading this much. Also, I was referring to accusations that something is seriously wrong on Bitcoinica side, when that might not be the case.

That being said I hate the No Reserve redflags, because they cripple rallies Smiley.

If the rallies weren't overleveraged that wouldn't be the case.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2012, 09:45:52 PM

You have to admit there is some friction between Bitcoinica and Gox that probably would not be there on a native exchange. The way things are set up now there are too many points of failure. As things stand I do not have confidence in my ability to reasonably, accurately characterize my risk on Bitcoinica.

+1

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 01:12:45 AM

You have to admit there is some friction between Bitcoinica and Gox that probably would not be there on a native exchange. The way things are set up now there are too many points of failure. As things stand I do not have confidence in my ability to reasonably, accurately characterize my risk on Bitcoinica.

Today being an excellent case-in-point. If everyone wants to short leveraged, Bitcoinica has to use its reserves to counter the leverage and always makes sure the shorters lose. It HAS to bet against its own customers, which is why we see these large swings. If you look at BTC days destroyed, it seems like an old miner could be manipulating Bitcoinica itself by continually flushing it of its reserves.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 01:25:53 AM

Today being an excellent case-in-point. If everyone wants to short leveraged, Bitcoinica has to use its reserves to counter the leverage and always makes sure the shorters lose. It HAS to bet against its own customers, which is why we see these large swings. If you look at BTC days destroyed, it seems like an old miner could be manipulating Bitcoinica itself by continually flushing it of its reserves.

I'm pretty sure you don't understand how Bitcoinica works.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 01:31:06 AM

no. it uses reserves until it has none, then it puts a starfish there, because there is no html entity for a fish.

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: