Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:36:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Remote control of HASHRA CONTROLA software on Pi  (Read 1460 times)
brows (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 09:10:57 PM

Hello all. Hoping there are some folks with experience with this. I contacted Hahra support and they confirmed it is likely possible, but I am wondering about the nuts and bolts and have very little networking experience.

I currently remote control several GPU rigs using ssh connections on an older mac laptop. I can control CGminer from anywhere by logging into that laptop via Teamviewer and accessing the terminal. I can also reboot everything from afar and subsequently reconnect to the rebooted mac laptop with Teamviewer.

I desire something similar with a Raspberry Pi running Hahra Controla.

So far it looks like Remoter for OSX (or VNC with Windows) can be used to remote control a Pi, which sounds good, but I am concerned with 2 things:

1- Does Controla run with the Raspberry OS or is it its own OS running on the Pi? Remoter would need to have Raspberry OS installed, no? Basic question, I know, sorry. Zero experience, and haven't found too much info online.

2- I hear that Remoter and probably VNC would not enable you to remote control after a remote reboot of the Pi, as the connection would close. Would I be able to re-establish Remoter control once again via ssh or other means somehow? I know Controla will reboot the miners occasionally, but that shouldn't affect this, should it?

Or is there another way? It looks like Hashra just released the ssh password for Controla, so that seems encouraging. I really like the front end of Controla, but if ssh provided an easy way to switch pools, restart miner, etc, I would use that with no complaints.

In the end I just want headless remote control under osx from anywhere of a Pi or Pis running Controla. Sounds basic I know, but have had trouble getting the right info.

Thanks to anyone who can help.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: