Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:12:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ZoomHash Prodcuing Custom Scrypt Asics?  (Read 2844 times)
jgauthier

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 01:49:22 AM

Agreed.  Been looking forward to these for a long time. Hopefully they don't jack gridseeds back up.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Glizlack

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:49:37 AM

If they are the rebranded Zeus miners and I suspect they are. Please consider the Zeus chips came in 3x more than orginal spec for power. For example my blizzard when ordered was 15w rated now its 40 watts.

Steve

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
jgauthier

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 12:45:18 PM

I would like to make the decision for myself then.

I would take one for 40W. I have a GPU that does 600kh/s and consumes 200W.   Yeah, 15W is nice. But so is 40W.
akspa

Activity: 53

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 01:08:44 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2014, 01:21:12 PM by akspa

Received this email this morning regarding my pre-order of a single Wolf/Blizzard -
Dear Customer,

Thank you for being a Zoomhash.com Customer.

As many of you know, there are still some power consumption issues with the Wolf/Blizzard Scrypt Asic. Until those are resolved, we do not feel comfortable shipping the units out to our customers.

Therefore, we would like to offer two options for our valued customers that purchased these items:

1. Apply the credit from the Blizzard/Wolf order to an 80 Chip Gridseed Blade Unit @ 5.2-5.6MHs. We will also give you a special price of $650 per unit for these units.

or

2. Full Refund

If you need further assistance, please call us at (888) 933-5282 and press 802 for Bob.

Please respond directly to this email on the choice you would like. If we do not receive an answer within 24 hours, we will automatically do a full refund on the order.

Thank you!

Zoomhash

That answers that question. I guess I'm not getting my asic Sad

edit: In any case, the increased wattage wouldn't bother me that much, and it would have been nice if they had offered for us to make the decision on our own, instead of pulling the rug out from under us. Makes me wonder what other shops are going to do (although last I checked, they had already shipped out most pre-orders of the blizzard)...
jgauthier

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:06:40 PM

I spoke with one of the Zoomhash guys on the phone earlier.  He said it was more than 40w, but didn't tell me how much.
Enough so that it was a concern to them.

holylacross

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:16:28 PM

Received this email this morning regarding my pre-order of a single Wolf/Blizzard -
Dear Customer,

Thank you for being a Zoomhash.com Customer.

As many of you know, there are still some power consumption issues with the Wolf/Blizzard Scrypt Asic. Until those are resolved, we do not feel comfortable shipping the units out to our customers.

Therefore, we would like to offer two options for our valued customers that purchased these items:

1. Apply the credit from the Blizzard/Wolf order to an 80 Chip Gridseed Blade Unit @ 5.2-5.6MHs. We will also give you a special price of $650 per unit for these units.

or

2. Full Refund

If you need further assistance, please call us at (888) 933-5282 and press 802 for Bob.

Please respond directly to this email on the choice you would like. If we do not receive an answer within 24 hours, we will automatically do a full refund on the order.

Thank you!

Zoomhash

That answers that question. I guess I'm not getting my asic Sad

edit: In any case, the increased wattage wouldn't bother me that much, and it would have been nice if they had offered for us to make the decision on our own, instead of pulling the rug out from under us. Makes me wonder what other shops are going to do (although last I checked, they had already shipped out most pre-orders of the blizzard)...

+100
Why do they think this is even acceptable? Most of us have probably been waiting for around a month to get these ASICS, and now they have canceled all orders because of a power consumption issue?? Leave that decisions up to the consumer that has already paid the cost and have been waiting.  I don't care if it takes more power, I care about my time. They completely wasted all our time, time we could of spent finding another ASIC for the first batch. Now all of us are left completely out of the first batch wave, missing out on a lot of potential profit and must now either accept a refund or shell out another $450 for an upgrade. And of course ZoomHash waits until the day AFTER they promise everything will be sent, to inform us that they have broken out the oak barrel and for us to bend over it and prepare to get fucked by them.
jgauthier

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:14:30 PM

They did not make the decision until 2:00am on Sunday morning. 

This sucks, but it affects them as well.  They are trying to do right by their customers.
Terenth

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 12:04:39 AM

Beware of ZoomHash and zeusminers, Sure they're great if they're problem free. But even if it's broken right out of the box you can expect to come out of pocket for it. What a freaking joke and unreasonable customer service.

Short story, blew up my $150 PSU because one of the boards was internally (almost completely) grounded out. After about 2 weeks of operation (I know amazing PSU) one of the wires finally melted and caused a complete short.

I was very very very lucky that they agreed to pay for shipping to exchange the blades. And SOME compensation for down time while exchanging, specifically NOT the 2 weeks of erratic poor performance.

Very dissatisfied customer, and I am spreading the word. Beware you are taking a risk purchasing from them.

PS I have 2 lightning x6's 1 of them is working good, like I've been saying, it's all good so long as it works without a hitch out of the box.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: