Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:28:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin transaction volume dropping  (Read 2221 times)
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 04:58:08 PM

Unless there is fiat chasing after bitcoin, this will be the trend.  Lots of VC going into businesses...but not bitcoin itself.

Yup.   Lots of rich people who "want bitcoin businesses to succeed" and in the process they "suck seed" from the regulators weiners because they don't hold actual Bitcoin themselves, and care only for making money off the businesses that provide services around Bitcoin.  Assuming they succeed long enough, maybe Bitcoin itself will propel to new heights because of the businesses.  But the only VC going directly into Bitcoin are the investment companies that are offering trading platforms and direct investing.

I believe that number is 300 million starting ... soon.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 06:21:40 PM

I think buyers are actually waiting for the price to go up to show the downtrend is over.  I know I am.
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 06:40:09 PM

I wrote an article on Bitcoin price stability and I postulated that once Bitcoin adoption increases prices will stabilize, which is what is happening right now, the only volatility is if any news from China comes.

http://razorsforex.blogspot.com/2014/02/bitcoin-adoption-bitcoin-price-stability.html
DooMAD
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3081

Leave no FUD unchallenged

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:21:02 PM

It seems there's a distinction to be made between the number of transactions and the amounts being traded in those transactions.  According to the charts on blockchain.info, the number of transactions is still averaging between 50k and 80k each day, so there's no real drop there.  But it would seem that the transactions are for smaller amounts at the moment.

Either way, though, as long as it doesn't become a steady decline it's not too much of a concern.  All markets have the odd slow patches and it's understandable people won't be making large gambles when there's a fair amount of uncertainty about.  It's also a little amusing that when people aren't complaining about volatility in price, we start getting threads about volatility in trade volumes.  You guys are never happy, heh.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
▄█████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:30:31 PM

I wonder about trades that are being done outside of exchanges? It seems like some of the peers I know are increasingly doing larger deals over the phone or in person. I don't know if this is a factor or not. 

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
QuantumQrack

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:54:35 PM

I wrote an article on Bitcoin price stability and I postulated that once Bitcoin adoption increases prices will stabilize, which is what is happening right now, the only volatility is if any news from China comes.

http://razorsforex.blogspot.com/2014/02/bitcoin-adoption-bitcoin-price-stability.html

Bitcoin's success (i.e. price per dollar going up, if that is how you measure it's success) is directly related to volatility.  Stability = failure.  Volatility = success.  Not sure why people are touting that we need price stability.  We don't.
traderman
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:04:18 AM

Volatility is good if you are a trader/speculator, not if you want Bitcoin used as an actually currency.

Bitcoin's success (i.e. price per dollar going up, if that is how you measure it's success) is directly related to volatility.  Stability = failure.  Volatility = success.  Not sure why people are touting that we need price stability.  We don't.
jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:17:50 AM

I suspect most of the volume before was from high frequency traders via bots. They would have to keep a fair amount of coins in the exchange to made it worth while. The recent issues with exchanges made them think about the security of their capital. If they are keeping less at the exchnage, there would be less trading volume.
lyth0s
Legendary

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:25:11 AM

Current categories of people that are interested in bitcoin:

1. Buyers: These people see the current downtrending of bitcoin against the USD and are waiting for a "better" opportunity to buy in.

2. Sellers: If they bought within the past few months they would be taking a loss, many of which are probably just holding for now in hopes for a rise in bitcoin this July/August to resell.

3. Long term holders: Keep on holding

4. General public: Less excitement in btc due to downtrending price, will not put much effort into btc at this time

5. Chinese day traders: May be thinking about transferring some of their btc off the exchanges and into less visible personal wallets until they know what the PBOC will end up doing and if there will be any other avenue for them to continue day trading btc. May be holding off buying/selling btc for now.

with that being said the trade volume in USD is over $30 million dollars (estimated at 70K btc), which is still a very healthy and thriving economy IMO.

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 10:42:17 AM

People are afraid right now to sell or buy bitcoins.Is bad time to sell it when most of the people buy it when it was $1000,and also they don't rush into buying ,either are afraid price won't go up,or they want the price to drop so they can buy it cheeper.Holding bitcoins over a longer term will decrease trade volumes and act to drive down the price as an effect of inter-exchange arbitrage, commissions and apparent lack of interest.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
GaryL

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:22:23 PM

It may be followed by the Chinese government recently strictly prohibited Bitcoin transactions? Just a guess.
dreamspark

Activity: 798

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:50:27 PM

It may be followed by the Chinese government recently strictly prohibited Bitcoin transactions? Just a guess.

When did the Chinese government restrict BTC transactions? Fiat transactions to and from exchanges as well as third party payment processors yes but there's nothing anyone can do to actual strictly restrict transactions.
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:24:17 AM

The lack of interest comes from short term buyers who jump on the bandwagon as soon as something becomes popular, yet they have no understanding of it whatsoever. When the bandwagon slows down, they get off and are disappointed that it didn't take them to heaven.

NXTplayer

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:43:15 PM

oh no,it's a bad phenomenon,what's going on?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: