Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:33:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you like the new Uro logo?
Yes - 69 (54.3%)
No - 33 (26%)
I like the new and old ones equally - 8 (6.3%)
Undecided - 17 (13.4%)
Total Voters: 127

Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 219 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][URO] A Real Long Term Currency: 1 Uro = 1 Metric Tonne Urea Fertilizer  (Read 247319 times)
true-asset (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Uro: 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 12:31:15 AM

Truthful: Nuro is the current working name for the hybrid HTML5 mobile/web wallet app for Uro (with an upcoming BTC/fiat Buy feature) that is being developed via the Intel XDK. BlockCypher is the best server side backend for Nuro that we have tried so far from the past 2 months of development - it is very fast and battery efficient.

Uro: A Real Long Term Currency, 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer[/url]
Urea N46 tracks gradual increases in energy and food prices over the long term.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Truthful

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:36:10 AM

Truthful: Nuro is the current working name for the hybrid HTML5 mobile/web wallet app for Uro (with an upcoming BTC/fiat Buy feature) that is being developed via the Intel XDK. BlockCypher is the best server side backend for Nuro that we have tried so far from the past 2 months of development - it is very fast and battery efficient.

True Asset: Are you one of the people who are heading up this Uro?
fiftyseven

Activity: 427
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:40:57 AM

True Asset: Are you one of the people who are heading up this Uro?

True-Asset is the original poster of this thread. What do you think? 'Heading up' is the wrong way to look at it anyway, he's the developer. There are directors of 4 different companies engaged in the URO protocol, who presumably aren't software developers by trade but are involved in the project. Please read this thread.
fiftyseven

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:46:29 AM

Regarding the crowdfunding, I fear that will be a stretch for a community still pondering the whole scheme as a worthwhile investment in the first place. True-asset - why take this route when the respective companies have a vested interest in this succeeding and could fund it themselves?
Truthful

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:04:27 AM

Regarding the crowdfunding, I fear that will be a stretch for a community still pondering the whole scheme as a worthwhile investment in the first place. True-asset - why take this route when the respective companies have a vested interest in this succeeding and could fund it themselves?

Agree with fiftyseven. Fiftyseven: you said true-asset started this thread and GES is major company involved in this. Points to two things: true-asset is Nilesh Nair. He started the thread and has ratified the currency. The company, GES should fund it.
Truthful

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:11:36 AM

Anyone on this forum from Australia?

Yessir.  Cheesy

aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi

Either of you know anything about GES or tried to ring them on the number posted on their website?

YES - GES has main Admin office in the World Square building on George Street, across the Circular Quay area (I am down the road) - They also have about 10 to 12 local business that I could find in Sydney and Melbourne - Security Systems business, Imports, solar and renewable some warehouses in Parramatta area.. - one of the business owned by GES went under couple of years ago - everything checks out here in Sydney - in Hong Kong is where the head office is.   Smiley

Will look into this. Anyone know why the business went under? Is GES in good hands with Nilesh Nair?
goodwoman

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:11:49 AM

I think this coin is a full of hope.
AlfaONE

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:12:58 AM

Great

"Together we stand for a fairness and truth"
bitc0000

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:13:31 AM

backed by a million tonnes of shit...

true-asset (OP)

Activity: 252

Uro: 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 01:18:05 AM

Agree with fiftyseven. Fiftyseven: you said true-asset started this thread and GES is major company involved in this. Points to two things: true-asset is Nilesh Nair. He started the thread and has ratified the currency. The company, GES should fund it.

1. My name is Bohan Huang.

2. The Uro Foundation is an independent organisation. None of the Uro Foundation team members are paid for their time and effort, this includes me. Uro had no premine and no IPO, so naturally any investment into the Uro ecosystem should be funded by the community.

3. GES is one of 4 companies so far that have agreed to accept Uro as merchants. This is analogous to overstock.com accepting bitcoin as a merchant. Merchants have no responsibility to fund Uro development. In fact, it is in the interests of the Uro community to avoid seeking direct funding from merchants - to avoid possible bias towards any one merchant. In other words, the Uro Foundation seeks to do what benefits the Uro currency and the Uro community. Involving the community in any funding initiatives brings the community closer and provides the community members greater "ownership" of the Uro ecosystem.

Uro: A Real Long Term Currency, 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer[/url]
Urea N46 tracks gradual increases in energy and food prices over the long term.
Truthful

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:24:57 AM

2. The Uro Foundation is an independent organisation. None of the Uro Foundation team members are paid for their time and effort, this includes me. Uro had no premine and no IPO, so naturally any investment into the Uro ecosystem should be funded by the community.

3. GES is one of 4 companies so far that have agreed to accept Uro as merchants. This is analogous to overstock.com accepting bitcoin as a merchant. Merchants have no responsibility to fund Uro development. In fact, it is in the interests of the Uro community to avoid seeking direct funding from merchants - to avoid possible bias towards any one merchant. In other words, the Uro Foundation seeks to do what benefits the Uro currency and the Uro community. Involving the community in any funding initiatives brings the community closer and provides the community members greater "ownership" of the Uro ecosystem.

Bohan, you have not ratified this currency. The companies already have a bias. They set the currency up. It's not a community it's a business! Do you know Nilesh Nair who has started this currency with the other companies? GES should fund it, anyway if it is such a successful business, why would they not fund it???
fiftyseven

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:35:53 AM

GES is clearly the originator of the idea (correct)? But I can see the distinction between the foundation and the merchants agreeing to the protocol, even if it is in a distancing legal sense.

I'll happily continue to throw a bit of caution to the wind and see if I can help - how do people contribute, true-asset? Frankly if it turns out to work and this project aids that, a little bit of a contribution at this stage isn't going to be a huge regret down the line. I've invested in worse.
kyle589

Activity: 54

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:40:55 AM

It's not needed right away right True? I'd rather still wait for confirmation on the whole project. If everything checks out after the protocol goes into effect raising the 6000+ wont be a problem.(I'm sure people will throw money at it then)
fiftyseven

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:41:57 AM

It's not needed right away right True? I'd rather still wait for confirmation on the whole project. If everything checks out after the protocol goes into effect raising the 6000+ wont be a problem.(I'm sure people will throw money at it then)

This is a good point, the fact is any URO holders will find making a contribution a whole lot easier at that point.
hozer

Activity: 271
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 02:02:29 AM

URO ON BLOCKCYPHER CROWDFUNDING INTITIATIVE

BlockCypher is the most cost effective and scalable infrastructure for building secure lightweight wallets and other apps around a blockchain cryptocurrency. We have tested BlockCypher extensively over the last month (on their BTC port) and have found it to be the most reliable and fastest API for mobile wallets. For Uro, BlockCypher is the ideal solution for delivering secure and high performance wallets for low speed internet connections. BlockCypher allows us to do the following without directly communicating with the Uro blockchain from mobile devices (A slow, bandwidth intensive and battery draining exercise, as any BitcoinJ based android wallet user can attest):

1. Create transactions in the cloud at high speed, then sign them on the device: fast and safe
2. Display latest transactions when the user wants to see them, instead of constantly listening for new transactions: saves battery
3. Fast, cloud powered single shot transaction broadcasts via the cloud: saves bandwidth and time
4. Redundant servers running in datacentres: high availability without latency in waiting to connect to nodes

The cost of setting up Uro on BlockCypher is a once off $6000 while the monthly redundant cloud hosting cost is $200. This is significantly more affordable then APICoin, who charges $1000 per month. The CEO of BlockCypher, Catheryne Nicholson, has agreed to help us in transparently facilitating the crowdfunding by coming on to the forum (or other crowdfunding platform we choose as a community) and posting an official BlockCypher BTC address so that all donations/pledges go directly into funding BlockCypher's Uro port.

As a community, lets brainstorm the best way to quickly crowdfund CypherBlock for Uro so we can get Nuro released as soon as possible. BlockCypher will also usher in a whole new era of app opportunities for anyone that wants to develop for Uro. Post your comments here and on reddit.

Recommended points of discussion:

a. Which platform: here on the forum or elsewhere?
b. Promotion: tips and strategies.

Alternative API discussions are also welcome as long the functionality is on par with or better then BlockCypher.

Issue an asset on http://counterparty.co or use http://swarmcorp.com/
Yalla

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:12:51 AM

The all knowing Google is a useful tool.

for those querying Mr Nair, google finds http://www.exportersindia.com/greenearthsystems/
on that page if you look carefully is a mobile phone number for Nilesh Nair. Perhaps those interested in Mr Nair could phone him to discuss your queries?
Truthful

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:15:22 AM

Anyone on this forum from Australia?

Yessir.  Cheesy

aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi

Either of you know anything about GES or tried to ring them on the number posted on their website?

YES - GES has main Admin office in the World Square building on George Street, across the Circular Quay area (I am down the road) - They also have about 10 to 12 local business that I could find in Sydney and Melbourne - Security Systems business, Imports, solar and renewable some warehouses in Parramatta area.. - one of the business owned by GES went under couple of years ago - everything checks out here in Sydney - in Hong Kong is where the head office is.   Smiley

Will look into this. Anyone know why the business went under? Is GES in good hands with Nilesh Nair?

The local buss. ended (Does not look like in a neg. manner) The buss. is still listed in the ASIC (Aust. Gov.) as positive. Everything that you are asking has already been discussed prior, try reading a little first.  You are giving all Aussies a bad name

Read most of the discussions. Not giving Aussies a bad name, GES has a main office in Australia.  Just ensuring the validity of this Uro. Can you explain why they want people in this 'community' who are all in the business of making some money to fund this???
danonthehill

Activity: 710
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:46:44 AM

True-asset:

If you want to get the community involved more, then a list of bounties could be compiled.

Good publicity could come from incorporating a charitable aspect to the project.  For example identifying a an impoverished village in India and supplying them with urea, effectively transforming a community.  Such initiatives would have to be documented in a more sophisticated way though, I think the URO website looks good, but the GES publicity material looks third rate.

A team could be set up to assist you in such matters i.e. PR, graphics, videos, community management, as has occurred with other coins, but there is still some ambiguity here, with you being a GES employee and the other members having affiliations with GES, so people aren't sure exactly whose initiative this is.  Was URO your idea and you approached GES, is it personal project, independent from your work at GES?  If you are asking for donations and help, this is important for people to understand.

danonthehill

Activity: 710
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:50:38 AM

NURO sounds very impressive. Does anyone know if there is anything comparable available for other coins?
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 03:50:29 AM

Read most of the discussions. Not giving Aussies a bad name, GES has a main office in Australia.  Just ensuring the validity of this Uro. Can you explain why they want people in this 'community' who are all in the business of making some money to fund this???

Well isn't that like saying Overstock or Newegg should fund bitcoin projects just because they accept it as a currency?

I think they are the ones taking a risk here, offering to exchange millions of pounds of Urea for a digital currency, to me 4 companies offering to even back a crypto coin is doing more than enough IMO.
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 219 »
  Print  

Jump to: