Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:35:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you like the new Uro logo?
Yes - 69 (54.3%)
No - 33 (26%)
I like the new and old ones equally - 8 (6.3%)
Undecided - 17 (13.4%)
Total Voters: 127

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 219 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][URO] A Real Long Term Currency: 1 Uro = 1 Metric Tonne Urea Fertilizer  (Read 247320 times)
nathalie20
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:21:26 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2014, 06:34:32 AM by nathalie20

Hello Gentlemen. I am a user portal where you can buy a paid job.
What do you think about a paid job to vote for mintpal? From my calculations show that the 2500 - 3500 votes we can get the price of 0.8 -1 BTC month. They are willing to help raise donations for the tasks?

i think your google translator misses the point of URO  Wink

so I use google translator because of this that English is not my native language

Today I added $ 30 to promote UroCoin. Ads Facebook, Twitter and Website

http://zapodaj.net/094639b8b3821.png.html  test logo
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Changeispermanent

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:43:42 AM

Hello Gentlemen. I am a user portal where you can buy a paid job.
What do you think about a paid job to vote for mintpal? From my calculations show that the 2500 - 3500 votes we can get the price of 0.8 -1 BTC month. They are willing to help raise donations for the tasks?

http://zapodaj.net/094639b8b3821.png.html

Hey, nice that you are trying to promote the coin. But I think we do not have to vote on Mintpal. If this coin proves what it says, all the exchanges would like to add it automatically. I think we should just send them an email explaining about the coin and its plans. If what true-asset saying will be proved on 9th July, remember this should be along with Litecoin on the coinmarketcap.com in the coming 2-3 months.

1 MT Urea = 300 USD

1 URO = 1 MT Urea

1 Million UROs = 300 Million USD Market Cap.

All the exchanges will fight to get this coin listed first.

(However, all this will be proved only on 9th July and then from 10th July we can trade on Mintpal, Cryptsy Etc Etc...)
Liquid71

Activity: 835
Merit: 1000

There is NO Freedom without Privacy

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 09:20:50 AM

There are way too many naive kids and guys so desperate to make a buck they will believe anything. A bunch of multinationals who sell to farmers are going to fork over hundreds of millions of dollars to make crypto miners and speculators rich.  Roll Eyes
I'd sell you a the Brooklyn bridge but one of you idiots would buy it and then I'd end up in prison for fraud. Shocked

True assets, you get an A for originality and effort on those dummy websites and fake companies

These companies have been around for awhile. Investigate,  you'll find they are legit.
So will any of these companies actually sell me a ton of Urea for one Uro? If so no need to wait on the exchange price, just buy Urea with Uro and sell Urea for USD. If none of these "legit" companies will actually sell and deliver a ton of Urea for one Uro then you're lying and this is just a scam pump and dump coin.

Liquid71

Activity: 835
Merit: 1000

There is NO Freedom without Privacy

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 09:22:57 AM

The reason URO is probably better than bitcoin is you can't hide the location of a fertilizer plant or storage warehouse like you can obfuscate the owner of a bitcoin wallet, so there's an incentive to play fair, at least until the feedstock for your fertilizer plant runs out. (see http://petrodollar.org/ ) The problem here is that in the US, a couple of big fertilizer plants are owned by the Koch brothers, and they are experts at manipulating markets and buying public opinion, and also obfuscate how much oil and natural gas is actually economically recoverable.

Long story short, URO will be better than Bitcoin until the gas runs out. Then it collapses to zero overnight.

Meanwhile, I can always plant more http://blockscan.com/assetInfo.aspx?q=SOYBEANS and sell vegan soybean meal nitrogen fertilizer.

okay Harry Reid  Roll Eyes

Okay invoking the Koch brothers was a stupid argument. I have to have at least 3 stupid ideas before anything makes sense. But don't you think that URO/Petrodollars/SOYBEANS would be a very interesting set of trading pairs on a distributed exchange?
Yes it would be very interesting. I just have very serious doubts this URO is legit. Somebody should try cashing in a Uro for a ton of Urea..I don't think you're going to get a ton of Urea for 50 cents. I'd love to be wrong, but my money says this is another pump and dump scam and I'm staying away.

I will call this bluff. Who's willing to sell me 12,500 Uro for SOYBEANS? I will have physical soybeans for delivery in a few months, and for 50 cents a ton, I can find some farmers to charter a ship, or just cut some existing fertilizer company in for half the load.
12,500 Uro isn't 50 cents a ton  Huh Sell me one ton of Soybeans for one Uro, or one ton of Urea for one Uro

paulus51

Activity: 616
Merit: 321

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 09:59:57 AM

hmm trying this to get working but i cant enable UPNP in wallet , even i have UPNP enable in router because all of our wallets running just fine on UPNP

enable map port using UP2Pis stil greyout ??

this is our wallets addres : UebSHmmXEgDbavqAYRr7F8ZYkQpAHZUHuW
tgc46

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:26:55 PM

It's a virus. Plase do not download!!
Please read https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=570526.msg7397445#msg7397445
cryptshine

Activity: 47

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:58:50 PM

This coin would be a great innovation if executed well. What are the next steps for the dev?
hozer

Activity: 271
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 04:19:28 PM

The reason URO is probably better than bitcoin is you can't hide the location of a fertilizer plant or storage warehouse like you can obfuscate the owner of a bitcoin wallet, so there's an incentive to play fair, at least until the feedstock for your fertilizer plant runs out. (see http://petrodollar.org/ ) The problem here is that in the US, a couple of big fertilizer plants are owned by the Koch brothers, and they are experts at manipulating markets and buying public opinion, and also obfuscate how much oil and natural gas is actually economically recoverable.

Long story short, URO will be better than Bitcoin until the gas runs out. Then it collapses to zero overnight.

Meanwhile, I can always plant more http://blockscan.com/assetInfo.aspx?q=SOYBEANS and sell vegan soybean meal nitrogen fertilizer.

Okay invoking the Koch brothers was a stupid argument. I have to have at least 3 stupid ideas before anything makes sense. But don't you think that URO/Petrodollars/SOYBEANS would be a very interesting set of trading pairs on a distributed exchange?
Yes it would be very interesting. I just have very serious doubts this URO is legit. Somebody should try cashing in a Uro for a ton of Urea..I don't think you're going to get a ton of Urea for 50 cents. I'd love to be wrong, but my money says this is another pump and dump scam and I'm staying away.

I will call this bluff. Who's willing to sell me 12,500 Uro for SOYBEANS? I will have physical soybeans for delivery in a few months, and for 50 cents a ton, I can find some farmers to charter a ship, or just cut some existing fertilizer company in for half the load.
12,500 Uro isn't 50 cents a ton  Huh Sell me one ton of Soybeans for one Uro, or one ton of Urea for one Uro

I need 12,500 Uro per the contract specifications to trade it for a shipload of Urea. If Uro is $0.50 each, that is in theory 50 cents/ton of Urea. But only if there's really a backer, so I'm taking a big risk cause it's going cost at least $50,000 USD in legal fees, insurance and whatever else to charter a ship to call that bluff.

However, if you can deliver 20 tons (20,000kg) of Urea in a dry-bulk-bags to the Manly Terminal in a shipping container, I'll send the container back with 10 tons of soybeans (10,000kg), based on the roughly 2 to 1 price ratio of Urea to soybeans

Do you have any idea how much press and attention we'd get in the worldwide commodities market if we actually executed this transaction instead of bullshitting about it on cryptocointalk? Go issue 'UREA' on counterparty with contract deliverable specifications for 1 ton of Urea in bulk bags (or 20tons in a container), and back it with URO, and then we can start trading fertilizer instead of BS. If you've got any ideas how to handle basis I'd love to hear them.
dleader

Activity: 592
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 05:04:02 PM

I need 12,500 Uro per the contract specifications to trade it for a shipload of Urea. If Uro is $0.50 each, that is in theory 50 cents/ton of Urea. But only if there's really a backer, so I'm taking a big risk cause it's going cost at least $50,000 USD in legal fees, insurance and whatever else to charter a ship to call that bluff.

However, if you can deliver 20 tons (20,000kg) of Urea in a dry-bulk-bags to the Manly Terminal in a shipping container, I'll send the container back with 10 tons of soybeans (10,000kg), based on the roughly 2 to 1 price ratio of Urea to soybeans

Do you have any idea how much press and attention we'd get in the worldwide commodities market if we actually executed this transaction instead of bullshitting about it on cryptocointalk? Go issue 'UREA' on counterparty with contract deliverable specifications for 1 ton of Urea in bulk bags (or 20tons in a container), and back it with URO, and then we can start trading fertilizer instead of BS. If you've got any ideas how to handle basis I'd love to hear them.

That is exactly the kind of stunt this needs. True-asset will need to pull off some expensive marketing strategies to make this happen. As soon as someone who lives near one of the NIER members calls his bluff it will be a very very expensive ordeal for the URO foundation if the price continues to stagnate.

There is an interesting article on Coindesk today. http://www.coindesk.com/british-mp-bitcoin-may-zx-spectrum-digital-currencies/

"It will be corporations or other providers of utility who are most likely to introduce a currency that would be used by the vast majority of people, he indicated. This would be driven in part by digital currencies like bitcoin, but also because of high inflation rates and a “doomed” post-Bretton Woods system.

“The intriguing question that will determine the shape of the world is ensuring that every country has access to a multiplicity of reserves [...] whether it’s bitcoin, O2 credit, Tesco credit. I suspect [the dominant currency of the future] will be backed by a large company that provides something of utility. A mobile phone company, or a supermarket chain,” he said."

hozer

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 06:28:58 PM

That is exactly the kind of stunt this needs. True-asset will need to pull off some expensive marketing strategies to make this happen. As soon as someone who lives near one of the NIER members calls his bluff it will be a very very expensive ordeal for the URO foundation if the price continues to stagnate.

There is an interesting article on Coindesk today. http://www.coindesk.com/british-mp-bitcoin-may-zx-spectrum-digital-currencies/

"It will be corporations or other providers of utility who are most likely to introduce a currency that would be used by the vast majority of people, he indicated. This would be driven in part by digital currencies like bitcoin, but also because of high inflation rates and a “doomed” post-Bretton Woods system.

“The intriguing question that will determine the shape of the world is ensuring that every country has access to a multiplicity of reserves [...] whether it’s bitcoin, O2 credit, Tesco credit. I suspect [the dominant currency of the future] will be backed by a large company that provides something of utility. A mobile phone company, or a supermarket chain,” he said."

Expensive?
No, this is expensive: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-04-17/incitec-plans-850-million-u-s-ammonia-plant-on-gas-price.html

12,500 tons is 3 to 5 days of production from that plant (if it's making urea too)

Fair warning, I may start buying URO and do this myself if nobody else wants to play fertilizer poker.
hozer

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 06:50:52 PM

Expensive?
No, this is expensive: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-04-17/incitec-plans-850-million-u-s-ammonia-plant-on-gas-price.html

12,500 tons is 3 to 5 days of production from that plant (if it's making urea too)

Fair warning, I may start buying URO and do this myself if nobody else wants to play fertilizer poker.

Let me qualify that: I'll put some lowball orders in, unless I suddenly sell a whole lot of http://blockscan.com/assetInfo.aspx?q=SOYBEANS

All my assets are tied up in farmland, fertilizer, and seed right now.
majeis

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 02:25:23 AM

How's this scam going so far? Any halfway legitimate-looking documents or pictures or significant market activity or official company announcements or non-syndicated press releases?

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GRC  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
DICE           
BLACKJACK
PLINKO       
VIDEO POKER
ROULETTE     
LOTTO            
nathalie20
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:06:38 AM

Adding Uro paid advertising. The increased interest on facebook about 200%. Today, max tomorrow I will try to add more ads promoting UroCoin on facebook ($ 100)
danonthehill

Activity: 710

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:09:08 AM

Where's the dev? 4 days no posts.
Frigga77

Activity: 379

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:55:57 AM

Where's the dev? 4 days no posts.
I guess he is busy with the uro-exchange...seems he has been online during those 4 days though
noodle_dam

Activity: 530

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:52:52 PM

Mining on the coin is really sad.

hozer

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 08:52:17 PM

This seems like a really interesting concept.
Will be paying close attention.

So who wants to set up vennd to get Urocoin on counterparty?

have a listen to http://cryptocoinvideos.com/video/jeremy-lam-vennd-io
true-asset (OP)

Activity: 252

Uro: 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 12:03:57 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2014, 05:34:14 AM by true-asset

This seems like a really interesting concept.
Will be paying close attention.

So who wants to set up vennd to get Urocoin on counterparty?

have a listen to http://cryptocoinvideos.com/video/jeremy-lam-vennd-io

We will setup Uro for vennd when it launches, which is 'soon' according to vennd.io.

Nuro mobile wallet development update:

Due to significant delays with the bitcoinjs port (partly from the lack of documentation) we ended up (successfully) porting other libraries. cryptocoin, bcoin and coined (high level API to bcoin) have been successfully ported to Uro and are generating valid brain wallet addresses. The Nuro UI currently takes user credentials, displays the current balance, displays past transactions, and can accept payments via QR code.

The current development task is client side signing of transactions, followed by transaction broadcasting. coined can do this already (feature under QA), but it requires a socket (coined was originally made for Node.js, and was tested mainly with net.Sockets available only on PCs) to send the transaction and we need to make sure it works reliably (with minimal battery drain) via WebSockets/other cross-browser socket alternative on at least Android, iOS, Windows and Firefox. As a second option we also started negotiations with blockcypher.com last week to get a Uro port running (they provide a transaction broadcast API and unsigned transaction generation API which will avoid the web wallet having the communicate directly with the Uro network and reduce battery drain and issues on slower internet links).

Screenshots of the Nuro, and hopefully an alpha release, will be made available later this week.

Uro: A Real Long Term Currency, 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer[/url]
Urea N46 tracks gradual increases in energy and food prices over the long term.
Changeispermanent

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:28:44 AM

So, where are the interviews being held finally. Hope to see the NIER board members talk about the most innovative and solid coin of the year soon.
eDUC

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:06:07 PM

http://s14.directupload.net/images/140623/q9j2vl5u.png
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 219 »
  Print  

Jump to: