Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:22:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Changes to AML Policies - Mt.Gox  (Read 8239 times)
BkkCoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2012, 07:58:16 AM

These limits seem pretty reasonable considering the amounts of money involved. I'll probably never even approach Level 1 myself.

But I do have a question. You state "public shared IP" causing Level 1 identity check. But it's very common for people to have dynamic IPs for their home service. Mine changes roughly every day pretty consistently. But I do have a web server for my business with a Fixed IP that never changes. So in this case I'd be better to use a secure proxy on that server to access MtGox as it would keep my IP consistent and the same. Do you actually capture user IPs that carefully or is a typical user going to be fine accessing from within the same IP block typical of a service provider? IP tracking seems frought with difficulties. I could see checking IPs against known bad lists and maybe Tor nodes as a more useful form of monitoring.

In your case you are safe, however if more than one account is accessed from the same IP this will mostly trigger an AML verification.
Ah, I get it. That's good to know.  So don't try to bypass limits by having lots of accounts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2012, 08:51:08 AM

2. Verified Status (Level 1)
Copy of a Valid ID and Proof of residence (Utility bill...)
Do I understand correctly that "verified" status does not require an apostille?

The original post in this thread made it seem like the new requirements apply also for "verified", which I think is what most of the negative reaction came from.

For the kind of company that requires "trusted" status, the trouble of getting an apostille is trivial.

You are correct, the Level 1 does not required an apostille. Our first announcement was actually more targeted for Level 2, sorry for the confusion
By the way, I think the clarifications you have made throughout this thread are important, and should be visible in a more prominent location, such as the OP. Not everyone is going to wade through several pages of discussion.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
Mt.Gox Support (OP)
VIP

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 09:24:14 AM

2. Verified Status (Level 1)
Copy of a Valid ID and Proof of residence (Utility bill...)
Do I understand correctly that "verified" status does not require an apostille?

The original post in this thread made it seem like the new requirements apply also for "verified", which I think is what most of the negative reaction came from.

For the kind of company that requires "trusted" status, the trouble of getting an apostille is trivial.

You are correct, the Level 1 does not required an apostille. Our first announcement was actually more targeted for Level 2, sorry for the confusion
By the way, I think the clarifications you have made throughout this thread are important, and should be visible in a more prominent location, such as the OP. Not everyone is going to wade through several pages of discussion.

We will make this more visible Soon.

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions : https://mtgox.com/merchant
matonis

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2012, 08:23:22 AM

This means MtGox is not suitable for small amounts or casual users at all.

The transactions for smaller amounts will migrate to one of the many fixed-rate exchanges which is already starting.

Founding Director, Bitcoin Foundation
I also cover the bitcoin economy for Forbes, American Banker, PaymentsSource, and CoinDesk.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: