Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:26:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 800 BTC loan request - 10% interest  (Read 5194 times)
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 05:09:52 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2012, 05:24:04 PM by dank

Yes, I already addressed that my goal is not to save money.  My goal is to a) get a 600cc bike and b) further prove that I'm a reliable investment.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
silverbox
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 12:52:14 AM

Why not get the bike with conventional financing.  Then use the extra money you have from the better milage to purchase bitcoin's (building rep).  Then lend the purchased BTC out, building even more rep!!  Oh and post pics of the bike once you get it!!
Electricbees

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

We are bees, and we hate you.

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 03:15:34 AM

How about one like this? Grin This one only cost me 180 BTC...

Donations are welcome!
1BEES19ds5gEnRBoU1qNFPfjRXe94trMG3
silverbox
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 04:02:13 PM

Are you sure thats 600cc?
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 04:12:20 PM

Erm, this sure smells like atlas.

Every silly comment, response, self-godness, reeks of atlas.

The funniest comment where he will have tons of money in the future with no issue to repay but right now he cant afford $6000 for luxury items, thats a huge redflag and any investor must be suicidal.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
wknight
Legendary

Activity: 889
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin calls me an Orphan

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2012, 04:30:14 PM

Soon as i read 600 cc motorcycle I had to read the entire thread.

Ok so your looking for a $4000-5000 with gear.

I bet this means a Sportbike of some sorts.

Lets say you find a user sportbike for $4500 (New Sportbikes are 8k+ for 600's) . Just to be in the middle.. $500  in gear.. Helmet.. jacket.. gloves...

Your at $5000

Now who is going to maintain this bike? Service alone is going to cost you $75 an hour on the cheap side.

Ok.. so you say your going to find one that doesnt need any service.. fine.

You said you wont stunt or ride drunk.. Yeah right.. its a 600.. i have been riding for over 20 years.. believe me your going to try a wheelie atleast.. we all do. Dont fool yourself. BTW.. I ran a dealership for years. I heard this all the time from my customers and laughed.

Now.. who is going to pay for the insurance? Sportbike insurance is the highest for any vehicle out there. Lets not even get started about the age Smiley Ohh yeah a dealership wont ever talk about insurance for a Sportbike as you cannot roll the bike off the showroom floor without insurance..  (ok ok.. unless you pay cash)

My biggest question for you. Who is going to pay if the bike is dropped. Hey guess what.. it happens. Even the best riders go down. Gravel, oil, water, anti-freeze.

I just had fun reading this thread and wanted to respond Smiley Good luck with your loan and keep the rubber side down Smiley

Mining Both Bitcoin and Litecoin.
Electricbees

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

We are bees, and we hate you.

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 09:16:32 PM

Are you sure thats 600cc?
Absolutely not. Haha. That's my 90cc "motorcycle", almost only by legal definition in MN law...   Roll Eyes

I, at the chance of sounding lame, would not recommend a 600cc sportbike. Period. Too fast, too much maintenance, and the plastics. Fall once, and your bike's value goes down. Break any of it, and no one will buy it off you second-hand for any reasonable price.
If anything goes wrong with a smaller bike, like say, mine... I can dump an entirely new engine in there for about 200 bucks. Anything else breaks? Parts are available, easy.
And the bike is 39 years old...

Just my two bits, though I am aware that once you want a sport bike, you want a sport bike...
My lady wouldn't approve of my life expectancy after purchase, so I went a new route... (Arguably a more fun one, since people have pulled over to watch me go by before. Grin )

Donations are welcome!
1BEES19ds5gEnRBoU1qNFPfjRXe94trMG3
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
May 18, 2012, 03:08:55 PM

Well, if you have nothing constructive to say and no loan to offer, I don't really know what the point is of posting.  I'm not atlas, I really don't know what to say to that.  If you've thought about investing but chose not to because [the risk is too high, he may be a scammer, he'll die on a motorcycle, etc.], you have allowed paranoia take a good opportunity from you.

And no, I'm not going to ride drunk.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
silverbox
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2012, 09:50:28 PM

Well, if you have nothing constructive to say and no loan to offer, I don't really know what the point is of posting.  I'm not atlas, I really don't know what to say to that.  If you've thought about investing but chose not to because [the risk is too high, he may be a scammer, he'll die on a motorcycle, etc.], you have allowed paranoia take a good opportunity from you.

And no, I'm not going to ride drunk.

What, no drunken riding!!  So your going to default and also not have any crazy stories to tell??  For shame!!

Now, have you narrowed down the brand of 600cc bike you'd like to buy??
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2012, 02:42:24 PM

Yes, I already addressed that my goal is not to save money.  My goal is to a) get a 600cc bike and b) further prove that I'm a reliable investment.

Once that's accomplished, I'll come back here requesting an even bigger loan for some mundane purchase, coupled with providing further comic gold.

I can't fathom from your post anything at all about what you actually want people to invest in.  What is it that you're actually going to be producing with the funds people lend you?
I'd be willing to discuss it in more detail via private message if you are interested.  The important thing is that I have a solid plan of action to produce this money, I just don't have the initial investment cost, I may be very much broke after my upcoming traffic court case in which I may lose my license, setting my plans back another year or so.  I can turn a $100 investment into $3000 of revenue, legally, without relying on others.

I am willing to be very generous as far as interest rates, we can work with small short terms loans to build trust if you wish.  I have no intentions (nor have I demonstrated such in the past) of running off with a small amount of money when I can do so much more with it and benefit both parties involved.  Karma can be a bitch.

I don't see how asking for a $100+ loan is irrational when I have a solid plan to back it up.  Naysayers, please carry on.

This is proof enough for me. I'm willing to invest 1/3 of what you desire, provided two other members on this forum also put up 1/3 each. It looks like you're going to get your bike, Dank. Drive safely!

~Cackling Bear~
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 12:55:09 AM

I appreciate your understanding and interest.   My next loan will definitely be considered a mundane purchase to most, but it is for something much more valuable and important.  It's nothing materialist or self serving, it's something for the greater good of all.

Regarding the old post you quoted, my plans and well being have evolved significantly. At the time I was hardly scraping by, now I have a house, land, a car, a fair amount of money and a much stronger plan.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: