Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 6821 times)
goombaloon

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 04:22:05 PM

Firstly, before I respond, I would like to make it clear that I am posting as Luke (@LukeCrypto), the lead developer of the MaxCoin development team. Whilst we are very happy to have some support from BCX, and it is always great to read positive news about MaxCoin, I would like to defend the developers against continued accusations of foul play on behalf of our launch.

The claim that we, the developers, "scooped a bunch of coins" at the launch, particularly with the inference that we manipulated the launch to this end, is unfounded and false. I worked with a team of 10 people tirelessly in the days leading up to the coin launch and, unfortunately, there were several issues when we went live. These were caused by a combination of inexperience when launching a project of the magnitude of MaxCoin and the pressure inherent in launching a project as anticipated as it was - we simply launched too early, without having the correct testing and infrastructure in place. Whilst we are deeply sorry that the launch was completely smooth, and accept that this was the case, it should still be noted that the MaxCoin team has continued to develop the currency and any affiliated software, and still continue to do so to this day.

I would like you to consider the possibilities here: either we are lying and used MaxCoin as an elaborate and deceitful 'pump and dump' scheme or we are being honest with the community. If the former was true, why then, I ask you, would the team continue to maintain the software? Surely, having cut our ties with Max and with the crypto community, would we continue to invest our time into the project? I would also like to stress that, even before the launch of the coin, myself and Jordan made our identities publicly known by appearing on the Keiser Report - is this the behaviour of a scammer? No.

It is a great shame to me that there is so much talk of dishonesty and malpractice within the cryptocurrency community, and I feel that the hard work of so many people is being disrespected by a small number of individuals who are out to make some easy money, at the expense of others.

That being said, I am happy that this thread is bring some attention back to MaxCoin. The coin is still under development and is not going away any time soon. The MaxCoin community is growing and, despite the negative press it receives - of which much, I believe, is from people who hoped to "get rich quick", as goombaloon so succinctly mentions - we are working with developers on a number of MaxCoin related projects.

Luke.

Right on, Luke!

Haters may have more time and therefore be more vocal, but as you mentioned the lovers of maxcoin are here as well and doing their part to keep growing this community while defending against the trolls.  We can't wait to see how maxcoin develops in the coming weeks/months/years.  Big thanks to you and the other devs for your tireless efforts!

Workin' for the Man by day, workin' for the Max by night!
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
m_murfy

Activity: 46
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 04:29:19 PM

Firstly, before I respond, I would like to make it clear that I am posting as Luke (@LukeCrypto), the lead developer of the MaxCoin development team. Whilst we are very happy to have some support from BCX, and it is always great to read positive news about MaxCoin, I would like to defend the developers against continued accusations of foul play on behalf of our launch.

The claim that we, the developers, "scooped a bunch of coins" at the launch, particularly with the inference that we manipulated the launch to this end, is unfounded and false. I worked with a team of 10 people tirelessly in the days leading up to the coin launch and, unfortunately, there were several issues when we went live. These were caused by a combination of inexperience when launching a project of the magnitude of MaxCoin and the pressure inherent in launching a project as anticipated as it was - we simply launched too early, without having the correct testing and infrastructure in place. Whilst we are deeply sorry that the launch was completely smooth, and accept that this was the case, it should still be noted that the MaxCoin team has continued to develop the currency and any affiliated software, and still continue to do so to this day.

I would like you to consider the possibilities here: either we are lying and used MaxCoin as an elaborate and deceitful 'pump and dump' scheme or we are being honest with the community. If the former was true, why then, I ask you, would the team continue to maintain the software? Surely, having cut our ties with Max and with the crypto community, would we continue to invest our time into the project? I would also like to stress that, even before the launch of the coin, myself and Jordan made our identities publicly known by appearing on the Keiser Report - is this the behaviour of a scammer? No.

It is a great shame to me that there is so much talk of dishonesty and malpractice within the cryptocurrency community, and I feel that the hard work of so many people is being disrespected by a small number of individuals who are out to make some easy money, at the expense of others.

That being said, I am happy that this thread is bring some attention back to MaxCoin. The coin is still under development and is not going away any time soon. The MaxCoin community is growing and, despite the negative press it receives - of which much, I believe, is from people who hoped to "get rich quick", as goombaloon so succinctly mentions - we are working with developers on a number of MaxCoin related projects.

Luke.

Well said. The MaxCoin project can count on my continued support going forward.
82ndabnmedic

Activity: 247

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 03:36:25 PM

Luke.

Thanks to all who worked tirelessly on the Max Coin Project and who continue to do so...I will pay to see a Project Manager who has Never had a project deviate in terms of planning and execution, schedule changes, scope changes or have budget overruns. Risk mitigation is imperative and in my professional opinion the Max Coin Project Team has done well. Remember y'all, Crypto is not for the faint of heart. If you have left MAX because you did not make 100K in the first month, I thank You. Leave those which believe in the coin to make their own choices (whether I am wrong or right, I am committed)....only time will tell.

Cheers

CISSP | PMP | CEH

Bitmark: Project Manager & PR Coordinator

BTC: 1FEi8MSP3ccoqLah8EcxfGZVHUViEmQfvQ

BTM: bNidDXnRu5fuD8Th7cPFh7jnPdyAhMh7Nr
m_murfy

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 04:02:02 PM

Thanks to all who worked tirelessly on the Max Coin Project and who continue to do so...I will pay to see a Project Manager who has Never had a project deviate in terms of planning and execution, schedule changes, scope changes or have budget overruns. Risk mitigation is imperative and in my professional opinion the Max Coin Project Team has done well. Remember y'all, Crypto is not for the faint of heart. If you have left MAX because you did not make 100K in the first month, I thank You. Leave those which believe in the coin to make their own choices (whether I am wrong or right, I am committed)....only time will tell.

Cheers

Well said mate. Well said.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:17:25 PM

Why you guys care about this Max Keiser and his stupid coin? He works for Putin. All he does is Putin's propaganda.

This is not Max Keiser's coin, no more than bitcoin belongs to Satoshi Nakamoto. MaxCoin is an open source project that was created by a team of computer science undergrads from Bristol University in the UK.

snip

You are wrong..

These coin cloners think they own the coins where they are traded by whom and for how much.
For example..
When iGotSpots released "Spots coin" he got pissed off and threw a fit here at the forum and said he was going to get his new coin
pre-banned from being added to Cryptsy ever.. even though the coin had only been out for between a week or two roughly.
He was acting like spoiled brat cry baby because HIS new clone coin was not added fast enough for his liking.
He had a temper tantrum with BitJohn and BJ said fine consider it done your coin is now life time banned from the Cryptsy Exchange.
And at the time i posted rather politely i might add don't you think you should ask your USERS of the coin about that before hand ?
he RAGED on my ass hard and has ever since for almost a year straight !

he was infuriated i dared talk to him like that.. it was HIS coin and HE will control ALL aspects of it however HE wants !
Who the fuck was i to suggest he ask his miners ?

then guess what ?

the power mad super-manipulative control freak,
copied and pasted what i said into a new Poll here about eight hours later saying/asking EXACTLY what i said.. like HE THOUGHT of it lol
even after flaming me for it.. the nerve of the god damn asshole wow wowowow !!!!!
and no he didn't apologize to me and instead still kept Trolling and attacking me for a year non stop.

mean while exchanges were watching and thinking wow i really WANT to do business with this professional..

and he went and kissed BJ's ass shortly after that and now they have a lovely little Altcoin creation and Exchange dump partnership (almost a year later)
Cryptsy + Mr I Didn't make TIX and the co-cryptsy staff that helped make the shit coin (and all lied about it and played dumb)
Proof ?? yup.. people rat you ass's out and send me pm's and emails proving it all so don't even bother with the smug snotty little "conspiracy" retort routine lol
i can nail your corrupt ass to the wall any moment i feel like it..

side note, right after the Spots coin incident..
that Spots scammer contacted Cryptsy and this forum asking me for my address and name so he could sue me (as Confirmed by me with BigVern/Cryptsy)
then he had sent me a pile of pm's threatening to sue me for defaming his clone coin business and funny enough i never said anything bad about it..
all i said was don't you think you should ask your traders and miners etc before pre-banning your new coin for life on an exchange ?
then 24 hrs after the last threat here at the forum via pm.. he threatened to beat me up on Cryptsy's chat box.
he said and i quote..
"he was rich and it was easy to find out who i am and hop on a plane and come get me"

And Cryptsy WATCHED all this and played dumb and then thought YEAH WE WOULD LOVE TO GET INVOLVED WITH THIS SCAMMER ROFL

lay down with dogs you gets aids assholes lol

I'd have hoped you scammy dipshits would clue in yet.. keep it up  Cool

Coming soon the AMC story.. one full year in the making lol
i have been keeping tabs on all kinds of things waiting for the right moment and think it's time to take some people down a peg or 3 lol
Been watching and keeping tabs on AMC / American coin since July 2013 and i have some rather interesting info regarding AMC + Cryptsy.

Scammers go hide in the corner shivering and cowering in your little puddle of pee on the floor waiting for a rap on the nose from my news paper Wink

PS:
SHIBE coin dev fix your wallet or your next.. cocky little prick
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=610724.0

FUD first & ask questions later™
m_murfy

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 10:03:21 PM

Why you guys care about this Max Keiser and his stupid coin? He works for Putin. All he does is Putin's propaganda.

This is not Max Keiser's coin, no more than bitcoin belongs to Satoshi Nakamoto. MaxCoin is an open source project that was created by a team of computer science undergrads from Bristol University in the UK.

snip

You are wrong..

These coin cloners think they own the coins where they are traded by whom and for how much.
For example..
When iGotSpots released "Spots coin" he got pissed off and threw a fit here at the forum and said he was going to get his new coin
pre-banned from being added to Cryptsy ever.. even though the coin had only been out for between a week or two roughly.
He was acting like spoiled brat cry baby because HIS new clone coin was not added fast enough for his liking.
He had a temper tantrum with BitJohn and BJ said fine consider it done your coin is now life time banned from the Cryptsy Exchange.
And at the time i posted rather politely i might add don't you think you should ask your USERS of the coin about that before hand ?

he was infuriated i dared talk to him like that.. it was HIS coin and HE will control ALL aspects of it however HE wants !

then guess what ?

copied and pasted what i said into a new Poll here about eight hours later saying/asking EXACTLY what i said.. like HE THOUGHT of it lol
even after flaming me for it.. the nerve of the god damn asshole wow wowowow !!!!!
and no he didn't apologize to me and instead still kept Trolling and attacking me for a year non stop.

mean while exchanges were watching and thinking wow i really WANT to do business with this professional..

and he went and kissed BJ's ass shortly after that and now they have a lovely little Altcoin creation and Exchange dump partnership (almost a year later)
Cryptsy + Mr I Didn't make TIX and the co-cryptsy staff that helped make the shit coin (and all lied about it and played dumb)
Proof ?? yup.. people rat you ass's out and send me pm's and emails proving it all so don't even bother with the smug snotty little "conspiracy" retort routine lol

that Spots scammer contacted Cryptsy and this forum asking me for my address and name so he could sue me (as Confirmed by me with BigVern/Cryptsy)
then he had sent me a pile of pm's threatening to sue me for defaming his clone coin business and funny enough i never said anything bad about it..
all i said was don't you think you should ask your traders and miners etc before pre-banning your new coin for life on an exchange ?
then 24 hrs after the last threat here at the forum via pm.. he threatened to beat me up on Cryptsy's chat box.
he said and i quote..
"he was rich and it was easy to find out who i am and hop on a plane and come get me"

And Cryptsy WATCHED all this and played dumb and then thought YEAH WE WOULD LOVE TO GET INVOLVED WITH THIS SCAMMER ROFL

i have been keeping tabs on all kinds of things waiting for the right moment and think it's time to take some people down a peg or 3 lol
Been watching and keeping tabs on AMC / American coin since July 2013 and i have some rather interesting info regarding AMC + Cryptsy.

Scammers go hide in the corner shivering and cowering in your little puddle of pee on the floor waiting for a rap on the nose from my news paper Wink

PS:

What the absolute hell are you rambling on about?
None of the above nonsense has anything to do with MaxCoin.
You need to lay off the crack mate.
82ndabnmedic

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 12:09:42 AM

Cheers

Well said mate. Well said.

Thanks,

Hey y'all...so my BTC just cleared Coinbase and I just missed the buying opportunity...I hope it comes back down. But if it doesn't, will some one sell me some MAX...looking for 0.5 - 1.0 BTC  @ around .000105 - .0001099

Thanks

CISSP | PMP | CEH

bl0ckchain

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 12:34:50 AM

Coindesk just posted an article about Maxcoin

New life for Maxcoin?

"Maxcoin, the altcoin championed by journalist and commentator Max Keiser, debuted to much fanfare earlier this year but stumbled following technical problems during the rollout. The price spiked to roughly $3 within days, and fell just as quickly. As of this writing, the average price for a single maxcoin is just below US$0.05. Yet, there may be renewed development taking place in the maxcoin community, according to a post on the Bitcoin Talk forum by one of the altcoin’s core developers, Luke Mitchell."

Continued: http://www.coindesk.com/advanced-algorithms-maxcoin-dogecar/
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 03:44:30 AM

snip

You are wrong..

For example..

then guess what ?

he said and i quote..

PS:

What the absolute hell are you rambling on about?
None of the above nonsense has anything to do with MaxCoin.
You need to lay off the crack mate.

having fun with the quote button ?

every single word i said is pure raw fact and i can and always can back up my mouth .

AND.. it's a warning about just how massively manipulative these scammers are and since your getting defensive and attacking me i can safely assume your one of em..

i quoted that guy and made a comment in response to his..
read what he said then read what i said and if you have at least grade 5 English you should see why i said what i said,
contrary to your little off topic jab at me..
care to contribute ANYTHING what so ever to the topic in hand ?

no ? Then do us all a favor and shut the fuck up little brat.
And find someone else to troll on because trust me you don't want none of this.. i eat 20 if you before breakfast kid lol

PS:
How many of you have had "Professional" businessman coin devs cloners threaten to sue you and beat you up and troll on you for almost a year over nothing ?
heed my warning.. YOU may be the maniacs next target if you dare screw with his coins (these coins belong to devs not you)
these cloners, pools and exchanges etc think your all garbage puppets to drain for money.. they care nothing about you.

FUD first & ask questions later™
m_murfy

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 12:46:32 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2014, 01:05:32 PM by m_murfy

every single word i said is pure raw fact and i can and always can back up my mouth .
i can safely assume your one of em..
if you have at least grade 5 English you should see why i said what i said,
do us all a favor and shut the fuck up little brat.
find someone else to troll on because trust me you don't want none of this.. i eat 20 if you before breakfast kid lol
heed my warning.. YOU may be the maniacs next target if you dare screw with his coins

Every single word you said is garbage, that has absolutely nothing to do with MaxCoin or it's devs.
I think everyone here would much prefer YOU to shut up and GTFO.
Your threats and pompous grandstanding does not scare anyone.
Sad, pathetic, little person. Your posts make me chuckle.
82ndabnmedic

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 07:57:28 PM

Is anyone here willing to sell me .5BTC of MAX at .00010905 "or at the price you bought at" (Maybe someone on MAX rich-list...or someone just willing to help)- I understand this request seems ridiculous, but I must ask... I wish BTC from coin desk would had cleared 1 hour sooner.

Thanks Y'all

CISSP | PMP | CEH

kelly153

Activity: 157

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:48:28 PM

Is anyone here willing to sell me .5BTC of MAX at .00010905 "or at the price you bought at" (Maybe someone on MAX rich-list...or someone just willing to help)- I understand this request seems ridiculous, but I must ask... I wish BTC from coin desk would had cleared 1 hour sooner.

Thanks Y'all

If you want I can sell you 0.5MAX for you 0.5BTC. I understand this seems ridiculous, but one day you will tell your grand children you wish you did it.
m_murfy

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:49:55 PM

Thanks Y'all

Sorry mate, I think you will find no takers for this offer.
But you can get some for free at the maxcoin faucet:
http://www.maxtalk.org/faucet/
bl0ckchain

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:06:47 PM

Looks like BCX was spot on once again! Keiser is back on the MaxTrain.  Cheesy
m_murfy

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:01:24 AM

Looks like BCX was spot on once again! Keiser is back on the MaxTrain.  Cheesy

I don't believe he ever actually got off. I'm sure he knows it's not a good idea to try and promote a coin as an investment that is in a bear market unless you want to face the wrath of impatient, ADHD investors, who lose their shit when the price falls rather than taking advantage of the cheaper price. The best way to approach this is to remain quiet and stock up in preparation for a proper rally. For this to happen, weak hands must first be shaken out of the market. This is the harsh reality of free market capitalism at work.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:05:00 AM

The sheer amount of numbskullery on bitcointalk these days is an absolutely appalling reflection of what this community has morphed into. The stupidity level appears to be an increasing exponential function. The quality of discussion has completely fallen off a cliff. Is there ANYBODY left on these forums who is capable of intelligent, rational argument? It's a bloody tragedy.

It is over. Collapse started with DOGE. Unstoppable influx of retards even into cryptos (they were everywhere else already) started paving a road
toward Idiocracy as shown in the same named movie or something similar (most likely retards (99%) will not be free but enslaved to Matrix-levels).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
m_murfy

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:35:23 AM

The sheer amount of numbskullery on bitcointalk these days is an absolutely appalling reflection of what this community has morphed into. The stupidity level appears to be an increasing exponential function. The quality of discussion has completely fallen off a cliff. Is there ANYBODY left on these forums who is capable of intelligent, rational argument? It's a bloody tragedy.

It is over. Collapse started with DOGE. Unstoppable influx of retards even into cryptos (they were everywhere else already) started paving a road
toward Idiocracy as shown in the same named movie or something similar (most likely retards (99%) will not be free but enslaved to Matrix-levels).

Come to maxtalk.org instead. It has thankfully not yet been overrun by morons. Maybe it can become the refuge of the enlightened.
bl0ckchain

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:53:51 AM

Come to maxtalk.org instead. It has thankfully not yet been overrun by morons. Maybe it can become the refuge of the enlightened.

In my view, it would do a world of good if there was a better understanding by investors of the relationship between Maxcoin and Max Keiser. There seems to be a strange gray area in regards to his level of involvement and commitment to the currency.

This has been brought up in the past and is always answered with basically a "non-answer".
eddilicious

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:58:37 AM

okay, nice job, guys. would next pumper please stand up?

thanks
mazuma

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:27:28 AM

Listen guys, Retards are everywhere, you need retards for this world to work the way it is working.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: