Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:04:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ask Amazon for Bitcoin Payments  (Read 11863 times)
ALXBOB

Activity: 289
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:33:29 PM

It seems that this is all we are lacking at the moment, customer demand. If more of us ask for this to be implemented we may get it sooner rather than later. Petitions and posting anywhere that is possible including Facebook pages, customer support emails and even forums if they have forums is plenty of ways to get their attention and show there is enough people out there want to see them accept it. I wonder how many other companies are thinking the same way as Amazon though and all it will take it enough interest and demand.

Agreed

Tales from the crypto

One Wallet to Rule them All! http://coinomi.com/ Now with Shapeshift integration!
mraveragejoe

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:09:38 PM

Probably when a big company like Amazon or Facebook will adopt bitcoin there will be a huge jump in price and adoption.
itsAj

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:25:24 AM

It seems that this is all we are lacking at the moment, customer demand. If more of us ask for this to be implemented we may get it sooner rather than later. Petitions and posting anywhere that is possible including Facebook pages, customer support emails and even forums if they have forums is plenty of ways to get their attention and show there is enough people out there want to see them accept it. I wonder how many other companies are thinking the same way as Amazon though and all it will take it enough interest and demand.
I think there is plenty of demand for bitcoin on amazon, and I think that amazon knows it. I think the issue is that Amazon is not sure about the regulatory environment when accepting bitcoin. Since there is essentially no regulations regarding merchants accepting bitcoin they are probably afraid that regulators could regulate bitcoin as a way to push up their costs of doing business.   
webbrowser

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 06:58:35 AM

In the context of total Amazon transactions, the demand for purchases via bitcoin is probably not too significant.

Hope they'll still do it though. Their margins are so thin, any cost savings is good.
Cream

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 11:06:33 AM

I would love to see amazon starting to accept BTC...I will be their good customer Smiley

Lots of BTC to spend on shopping.
Hobbes2

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 01:50:54 AM

Amazon already has something called "Amazon Coins" in addition to gift cards. Basically they are like "credits" for Kindle Fire apps and games, etc. and by buying them, you can get those products at a discount. I haven't looked into it too much. Nothing to do with crypto, though.
bajlox

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 05:42:43 AM

I would love to see amazon starting to accept BTC...I will be their good customer Smiley

Lots of BTC to spend on shopping.

Same here i would like to see not just amazon but e-bay ass well to accept BTC

bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 05:46:44 AM

I have submitted requests to not only Amazon, but almost every large retailer/company that I can think of or run across. I sometimes get a "we are looking into it" or an automated response. The more popular it gets, the more chance that companies like Amazon will take bitcoin. To pay for a lot of services on the internet, bitcoin would be so much easier. In fact, instead of paying monthly for my Netflix, I would pay yearly if they took bitcoin, would probably do that with all my subscriptions. There is no reason not to take bitcoin when they will get fiat if they use bitpay or coinbase for the transaction. It wouldn't cost them too much to implement it either.. it will just take time, it will eventually happen.
itsAj

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:22:50 AM

I have submitted requests to not only Amazon, but almost every large retailer/company that I can think of or run across. I sometimes get a "we are looking into it" or an automated response. The more popular it gets, the more chance that companies like Amazon will take bitcoin. To pay for a lot of services on the internet, bitcoin would be so much easier. In fact, instead of paying monthly for my Netflix, I would pay yearly if they took bitcoin, would probably do that with all my subscriptions. There is no reason not to take bitcoin when they will get fiat if they use bitpay or coinbase for the transaction. It wouldn't cost them too much to implement it either.. it will just take time, it will eventually happen.
You need to remember that when you send an email to a company requesting that they accept bitcoin (or to make any kind of change) it does not take very much effort/time on your part. It is also important that it takes even less time for them to ignore.
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 01:43:51 AM

A few pages back I posted on the virtues of using Purse.io to buy things on Amazon using BTC. I now want to share a warning about using Purse for Amazon gift cards and maybe other purchases as well - see this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=307922.msg8647519#msg8647519

...feeling like I just took a lot more shrapnel in the cryptocurrency war w. scammers. And none of this would be happening if Amazon would just accept BTC directly.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
mbaeichapareiko

Activity: 101

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 01:57:14 AM

ebliever

You are the man!!    PTL

desticy

Activity: 1512
Merit: 292

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:53:56 AM

Your suggestion seems to have been shelved by Amazon

escrow.dude

Activity: 95

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:00:52 AM

I agree with your concept, but I disagree with your proposal as to how to show demand. I think instead of telling them that we want them to accept bitcoin via email and phone calls, the bitcoin community should vote with their money by patronizing stores/merchants that accept bitcoin. These merchants will report the large number of sales that bitcoin brings in and others will follow. 
tzortz

Activity: 728

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:04:58 AM

A few pages back I posted on the virtues of using Purse.io to buy things on Amazon using BTC. I now want to share a warning about using Purse for Amazon gift cards and maybe other purchases as well - see this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=307922.msg8647519#msg8647519

...feeling like I just took a lot more shrapnel in the cryptocurrency war w. scammers. And none of this would be happening if Amazon would just accept BTC directly.

Nice to know, thanks.

All is Mine!

1H7LUdfx9AFTMSXPsCBror3RDk57zgnc2R
mercistheman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:12:06 AM

Would Coinbase or Bitpay be able to scale to this level anytime soon?... seems like a massive undertaking for them.
thecrimson16

Activity: 161

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:29:15 AM

Check out this Twitter...  "@amazon just sent me an email saying they will accept Bitcoin "

https://twitter.com/rogerkver/status/464778590161485825

I tend to think the Amazon agent has no idea what Bitcoin is.....at least that's how it comes off to me.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❖ LISKDICE.com ❖ ▌First Decentralized Gambling System Built Upon The LISK Platform▐ ▌Provably Fair Gambling Built From The Ground Up▐
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
webbrowser

Activity: 215

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 01:37:26 PM

Check out this Twitter...  "@amazon just sent me an email saying they will accept Bitcoin "

https://twitter.com/rogerkver/status/464778590161485825

I tend to think the Amazon agent has no idea what Bitcoin is.....at least that's how it comes off to me.

Considering that was over 3 months ago, it was certainly faked or agent has no clue.  Sadly...
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:23:04 PM

My open letter to Amazon on the Purse.io/gift card dispute:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=769529.0

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
dompsairs

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:36:17 PM

I asked them about btc and ignored the shit out of me  Roll Eyes
MoonTime

Activity: 96

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:53:57 PM

I am pretty sure Amazon will accept BTC since it got potential.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: