Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:46:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [announce] Namecoin - a distributed naming system based on Bitcoin  (Read 594421 times)
biolizard89

Activity: 77
Merit: 52

View Profile
August 22, 2020, 09:48:03 AM

Looking at today's Coinmarketcap and amazed at all these new fashionable coins ... newcomers who come to this market now do not even know about such veterans as Namecoin... once this were very promising coin.

It's not particularly surprising that newcomers to cryptocurrency don't have much interest in Namecoin.  Namecoin is derived from the culture that permeated the Bitcoin community in 2010-2011, which was a culture that was here for the tech, not to make easy money.  Today's cryptocurrency culture doesn't look much like that (sadly), so Namecoin is of little interest to them.  On the other hand, there's plenty of interest in other areas, e.g. in the Tor community.  Even a bit of media coverage now and then.

Real cypherpunks don't worry about whatever market fads are en vogue now.  Cypherpunks write code.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FireFox2020

Activity: 11
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 23, 2020, 07:15:07 AM

Looking at today's Coinmarketcap and amazed at all these new fashionable coins ... newcomers who come to this market now do not even know about such veterans as Namecoin... once this were very promising coin.

It's not particularly surprising that newcomers to cryptocurrency don't have much interest in Namecoin.  Namecoin is derived from the culture that permeated the Bitcoin community in 2010-2011, which was a culture that was here for the tech, not to make easy money.  Today's cryptocurrency culture doesn't look much like that (sadly), so Namecoin is of little interest to them.  On the other hand, there's plenty of interest in other areas, e.g. in the Tor community.  Even a bit of media coverage now and then.

Real cypherpunks don't worry about whatever market fads are en vogue now.  Cypherpunks write code.

It is very disappointing that no one needs coins that represent real technology ... people invest in DeFi without even thinking that in a month everyone will forget about these projects.
biolizard89

View Profile
August 23, 2020, 08:11:29 PM

It is very disappointing that no one needs coins that represent real technology ... people invest in DeFi without even thinking that in a month everyone will forget about these projects.

It's disappointing to some extent, yes.  But, there are upsides too: you generally don't need to worry about dealing with rampant scammers in the Namecoin community nearly as much as you do with Bitcoin, because scammers don't see Namecoin as an effective way to make money.  I really liked the Bitcoin community of 2011 (I first learned of Bitcoin in November 2010, and made my first Bitcoin purchase in early 2011).  Namecoin is a reminder that the culture of 2011 Bitcoin still lives on; perhaps that's one reason why I enjoy working on Namecoin so much.  (Sure, at some point we'll get big enough that rampant scammers will start invading, and that'll arguably be a good problem to have, but for now I'm quite happy with the community we have.)
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1240

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2020, 02:30:08 AM

the website namecoin.org he's squatting on

Namecoin.org isn't squatted.  It's clearly actively being used to promote the Namecoin project.  I think the website looks good.

I wonder if he declares this kind of income at least in front of the tax office.

How fucking tacky of you... Get a life and find something more productive to "wonder" about. Roll Eyes  

If you don't like Namecoin, contribute code or don't use it.  If you don't like Namecoin.org, make Namecoin.io or whatever, but personally attacking someone that basically works for free on an open-source project that aims to help people is bullshit.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2020, 05:46:01 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2020, 06:07:46 AM by BayAreaCoins

I wonder further if his local tax office would be interested getting a notice about suspected undeclared income of how many thousands?

You're in the wrong place for people to give a fuck about that.   Kiss

It just shows your pointless attack against him.  "Oooo I wonder if he got robbed by the government enough!?!"   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Regardless, thanks for the link, I'll read it.  

I briefly skimmed it... I'm not worried about a central company (Malwarebytes) black balling .bits... being a freedom based project and getting blackballed by companies is just part of the game.

I'll read more tomorrow.

Edit: Trade Runner, I strongly disagree with your idea that people "need" to buy .bit from ICANN... the purpose of Namecoin was to avoid ICANN from my understanding.  Imagine if someone made "Namecoin" and it was just a Dogecoin clone... it wouldn't hurt this Namecoin and in fact, it may help!

You're thinking of how to bend in the system and Namecoin is the system.  You're trying to grow a nice branch, but these fellas are growing trees.  I hope that helps.

I also disagree with you attacking Biolizard for raising funds.  I applaud Biolizard for fighting the good fight... I don't imagine this has been easy for Bio, good job dude.

I've already mentioned what I think about your tax wonders.

Trade Runner, if something isn't secure.... it needs to be scrubbed.  Period.  Idk if it puts the whole show on hold.  It's a great thing to have a team willing to snuff their own project rather than get people fucked with it.

What can Namecoin do to get back securely?  Lets drop all this discord Trade_Runner and get back pointed in the right direction.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
SnowTrader

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 24, 2020, 09:25:33 AM
Merited by Trade Runner (1)

Namecoin.org isn't squatted.  It's clearly actively being used to promote the Namecoin project.  I think the website looks good.
I recommend to start reading here! I wonder further if his local tax office would be interested getting a notice about suspected undeclared income of how many thousands?

Is it true that investments in old proven coins are much safer and more profitable than in new tokens? Then Namecoin becomes a very profitable and promising investment.
Pro_David

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 08:00:14 AM
Merited by Trade Runner (1)

Namecoin is an old coin. An acquaintance of mine invested in it back in 2017. I remember at that time many people considered this coin very promising. It is possible that in the coming years, old coins will make themselves felt and become mega-popular again. I think it made sense to buy some Namecoin in my portfolio.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
August 29, 2020, 07:19:19 AM

A progress update on forward-porting the name inventory GUI to latest Namecoin Core: https://www.namecoin.org/2020/08/23/namecoin-core-name-list-gui.html

... thanks for this work Jeremy.

Gash

Activity: 652
Merit: 123

View Profile
August 29, 2020, 12:34:06 PM

Just burn 99% of the coins on CMC in the hellish furnace. Less coins entails more value for each of them. Too many zombie coins out there being the problem with a shrinking value of the entire ecosystem is not good for the modern day Defi landscape. And namecoin was more of a ping pong coin lol: you buy it once (ping), you sell it shortly after (pong) and never get back to it.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2020, 03:27:12 AM

TLDR Namecoin should facilitate a ‘free internet’ first in those geographical areas where the freedom is overtly lacking. There have been past conversations on this thread about, for example, a browser plug in that seamlessly surfed both ICANN and .bit addresses. You could open your browser, land on a page that had .bit and .com addresses, and click on either to go to the page. Once that facility got some usage in a country where it had practical political value, its use would seep into other countries organically. If that is what you are doing then very smart. Could work to some extent.

Stop wishing for someone else to put in the work and do something yourself.  

Be the change you want to see... rather than being so negative that you make a list of excuses on why not to do "this" or why "that" won't work.

Where there is a will, there is away.  I look forward to seeing what you produce in the future.

Peoples, freedom of speech may depend on it.  Let's make it happen.  Good luck dude.

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2020, 04:19:38 AM

I’m giving my opinion, not forcing you to listen to it.

I'm not knocking you or anything, but opinions are like assholes & everyone has one.

maybe the world wouldn’t be so flooded with shitcoins.

You're worrying about something that doesn't have anything to do with the task at hand.

It doesn't matter to Namecoins if there is 2 shitcoins or 2000000000000 shitcoins.  In fact, lots of shitcoins is likely the most helpful thing for the Namecoin developers... more examples of how to do "it" or how not to do "it".

If I knew how to develop or write programs for coins of course I would.

I don't know how to code and I put together that mastermind group that created & controls FreeBitcoins.com.  

I was able to use my opinion and testing skills to assist those that could code.

You absolutely can do it dude.  Focus on what you CAN do... not what you can't do.

I could try to learn, but it seems the more I learn the stupider the rest of the world becomes. When I was a kid people were smart.

You were a kid... so of course other people seemed smart.

How is it a bad thing if you are so much smarter than the rest of the world?  If that is true, you should be smart enough to figure out how to use that to your advantage...  It's not a bad thing IMO.

Anyways, going a bit off topic, but I wanted to respond to that sentence.  <3

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2020, 07:53:28 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2020, 08:27:19 PM by BayAreaCoins

You need to stop living through t shirt mottos and bumper sticker slogans.

I don't strive to be a loser that contributed nothing but negativity and their worthless opinion.  I don't understand why someone would strive to be a loser...

Maybe you should start living your life more through T-shirt mottos and free bumpers tickers... I'll give you a few for free, don't be shy:  https://freebitcoins.com/stickers/  (See how I constantly do stuff that I can do, even though I can't code.)

Buy a small book and try to read one page a day.

I'm really curious what books you read... probably titles such as:

"How To Give Up On Life", "99 Reasons You Can't Do it", "How I Almost Did Something, But No One Did It For Me, So I Didn't"

Seriously, here are some books I'd recommend to you:

"Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill

"How to Win Friend and Influence People" Dale Carnagie

"How to Stop Worrying and Start Living" Dale Carnagie

"The Holy Bible" by who the fuck knows

Yeah, this is gonna be the new slogan of Namecoin! Stay tuned... Grin

Let us know when you got the slogan on your Namecoin.org-like promoting domain Wink I forgot, what is your website that you're constantly working on to help promote the Namecoin project?

You strike me as cut from the same cloth as Sinbad.  Kiss

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2020, 09:33:24 PM

If something bothers you, try to address facts instead of lashing out at personalities.

Aside from your fantasy that I don’t know anything about coins, are you able to put into words whatever bothers you?

This post would mean more if it didn't originally say "Eat shit" rofl.

Kill yourself, I'm not wasting my time responding to you.  I've also left neutral feedback against you.

*ignored*

Yeah, this is gonna be the new slogan of Namecoin! Stay tuned... Grin
Let us know when you got the slogan on your Namecoin.org-like promoting domain Wink I forgot, what is your website that you're constantly working on to help promote the Namecoin project?
I'm not worried about the TLD of the projects domain as there isn't any official representative of Namecoin. According to Whois the domain namecoin.org belongs to domob alias Daniel Kraft, but as one can see on Github "J.R." alias biolizard89 is the content creator. The project had already other domains such as namecoin.info, now just redirecting to namecoin.org, according to Whois the domain owner is a private person located in France. Even the self-proclaimed "Namecoin Foundation" at namecoin.com seems not to be a foundation in the legal sense, else they would have to provide a legally correct imprint. According to Whois the domain owner is LearnBest, providing a "Learning Management System". Altcointrader pointed it out recently: Did you know that Namecoin does not have a whitepaper and is not backed by an organisation? The Namecoin project is just a loose collaboration of a few GitHub contributors, and some of them have taken a domain to provide their contributions.

Roll Eyes

Are you a Sinbad alt I guess?  You got that same losery vibe and your posts are completely fucking worthless.

You should be kissing Domob & biolizard's asess rather that criticizing them if you are here and seeing what they are doing.

You riding the ICANN whois balls just shows how fucking retarded and negative you are.

I've seen domob across multiple projects... he's a standup guy from my experience.  It's a fucking shame a few losers like yall could even possibly have anything bad to say about him.

I've seen Sinbad trolling devs in other threads too (such as https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=822498.msg55151569#msg55151569 )

I've added you to my ignore list and have left you appropriate neutral feedback.

BTC_ERA

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2020, 06:49:08 AM

You forgot to mention that Namecoin is backuped by the Bitcoin Network via merged mining, and even if the mining profit for NMC is nearly zero the hashing rate is almost equal than BTC and thus unreached by any other SHA256 encoded coin, check it against BCH in the charts (note that there are no other SHA256 encoded currencies available for a direct comparison beside BCH). The shown hashrates are Exahash per second (1 EH = 1.000.000 TH, current hashrates: BTC = 134.54 EH/s, NMC = 112.29 EH/s):

Seems so that the (mining-) community believes in Namecoin, and so one could come to the conclusion that Namecoin is the most trusted altcoin since the beginning of the crypto era. Even without any direct financial gain (for the miners) at the moment.

These numbers are impressive. I also believe that Namecoin is one of the most technically advanced cryptocurrencies. And by the way, it should be noted that she is clearly underestimated.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2020, 07:58:08 PM

Well, Sinbad deleted his account together with all his messages here after I revealed his undeniable sock puppet...  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

You're retarded.  I certainly don't believe you.  It's very likely just you talking to yourself.  Please find a better way to make money than shit up the Namecoin / Gapcoin threads and attacking their developers.

Anyways, lets get back on topic and stop with all this blind hatred towards fellas that are DONATING their time to try to allow humans have a better future.

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2020, 02:21:34 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2020, 02:49:19 AM by BayAreaCoins

Well, Sinbad deleted his account together with all his messages here after I revealed his undeniable sock puppet...  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
You're retarded.  I certainly don't believe you.  It's very likely just you talking to yourself.  Please find a better way to make money than shit up the Namecoin / Gapcoin threads and attacking their developers.

Anyways, lets get back on topic and stop with all this blind hatred towards fellas that are DONATING their time to try to allow humans have a better future.
@Steven Steiner: Yeah, of course, I would be talking to myself, then I delete everything after I revealed that my sock puppet is a sock puppet, but my answers to the deleted posts I let as they are. ok! You are really a great logician! I hoped that you've shut up with your continuous bullshit! Keep selling your stickers and stop spaming the threads, else you'll end in the spam/scam notifications! This was my last warning!

Lol?

Quoted for the feedback I'm about to leave you. Kids these days...

It also should be noted that TradeRunner left SinGuth positive feedback.

Trade Runner   2020-09-07   Reference   Very in-depth discussions about the main features of decentralization! Got negative rating without reason of a known troll called "BayAreaCoins".

I guess it's pretty common to bust out people as scammers that you have positive feedback on (even at the time of this post).  Roll Eyes Back to the ignore list you go.  Weirdo!

nutildah
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 7939

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2020, 05:12:46 AM

Well, I think the forum users just need to take a look at the trust ratings of BayAreaCoins alias Steven Steiner, citation of user game-protect: "extremely mentally ill and or brain dead bitcointalk account". Also complaints in front of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission are mentioned there. I'm of the opinion that the community has to be protected from such toxic users. Several warnings got ignored and triggered him to troll around even more. Therefore and due to repeated abusive behavior in several threads he'll gonna face now consequences out of this forum as well.

I'll be back!

Meh. You're barking up the wrong tree here. You've quoted the biggest troll in Bitcointalk history (game-protect) as fodder against a relatively minor troll (BayAreaCoins). Like most of the internet, dealing with trolls just comes with the territory. Even though I keep up with this thread I don't really understand your beef with him. Just do what I do and put him on ignore. You've got some great insight into Namecoin and have made some real progress busting scams -- no need to make things personal with BAC.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2020, 07:13:26 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2020, 07:29:09 PM by BayAreaCoins

XChange now has several thousand Namecoin's for sale & are looking to purchase several thousand Namecoins as well:  https://freebitcoins.com/xchange/market/Bitcoin-Namecoin

Big thank you to the Namecoin fellas willing to put a few Namecoins for sale.  This helps our Swap tool with Namecoin as well.

crypto_trader#43xzEXrP

Activity: 1589
Merit: 214

View Profile
September 23, 2020, 08:51:00 PM

Do anyone remember NMC at price $5? We still wait it again.  Grin

STOP RUSSIAN INVASION OF UKRAINE - SUPPORT UKRAINIAN DEMOS
Contact me in TOX: 653D6C2D13B6DF22C4CB93432586398858A608EE5457624A9A728BE1A9252C5DA12B894C54DB, or just crypto-trader@toxme.io.
Also, WAVES - SCAM! ;(
biolizard89

View Profile
October 09, 2020, 01:59:29 PM

Porting Namecoin in Tor Browser to Windows: https://www.namecoin.org/2020/10/09/porting-namecoin-in-tor-browser-to-windows.html

Also worth noting that Cyberia Computer Club and Cypher Market have both been added to the funder list in the Namecoin.org footer.  Thanks to both of them for supporting Namecoin!
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: