Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:34:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 [653] 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355393 times)
lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:29:03 AM

Spread the word of VRC!!

So as I briefly mentioned in my post above - I was able to get Vericoin a booth at the Minnesota State Fair coming up on 8/30/2014. For those east coaster/west coasters (people outside of US) that think "well that's pretty lame" - I gotta say; our state fair is one of the biggest events in the Midwest. On any single day they will have 100,000-200,000 people come through with really solid days hitting 225,000+. The fair goes on for 2 weeks and the most popular days statistically are always the final Saturday/Sunday. So with that in mind I made sure to lock down the booth for the final Saturday from 11am-4pm. It's 100% locked down. We have the booth, we have the day/time.

The booth will be part of what's call "MN World Fair 2023". Which is an organization that is trying to raise money/awareness to win the bid to have Minnesota host the 2023 World Fair (I had no idea that was still a thing). So in having the 2023 Expo they are looking for tech-related companies and groups to help sponsor the event. In order to get the booth, I either had to fork over $1,000 or get 6 people to help volunteer a shift during the day for the Expo group itself. So at the end of the day I made some quick phone calls and got 7 of my friends to all join in and help out. Why 7 you ask? Well we need to throw the Expo booth itself 6 people to work for them plus we need another 2 of us at the event actually representing Vericoin. So all in all there are 8 of us that are going to volunteer our afternoons to help support the cause.

With that being said, while my other 6 friends are all helping the 2023 Expo people my buddy and I will do whatever we can to help spread the word about Vericoin. We're going to be there for 5 hours with literally tens of thousands of people walking by. And yeah... I guess at this point we're open for ideas.

My B job in life is to represent large companies and big events as a brand ambassador, so fortunately I do this kind of thing all the time. I love talking to people and I love being social - so I think this is going to work out well.

At this point my initial thought is to hopefully raise some VRC from the community, so we can hand out whatever we are able to raise. Possibly get some VRC stickers (which I know PNosker mentioned he would send over) maybe even some VRC t-shirts. To be honest, for the dev team - I would say this would fall into the category of possibly a big enough event 1 of 2 of you would be interested in flying out here? I mean no joke - there will literally be a quarter million people there throughout the day.

So at this point I'm 100% open to any suggestions/ideas/comments. I have that VRC donation address below, which a few of you have been kind enough to donate to. Its unfortunately an old bittrex account that I don't really use (i'm more of a mintpal kind of guy) but I don't like the fact keeping the coins hot. I would have given out my personal wallet address but I don't want to co-mingle funds. So any thoughts on that would be great too.

Last thought real quick. Over the next few days I will be getting the VRC logo and website up on the official Expo 2023 website. Not only to spread the word but to hopefully instill trust within the community that I'm not just pulling some quick BS move *cough coughWizrig cough*. 100% of what gets donated will get passed out that day. I won't take a penny. All together my friends and I will be donating about 40 hours of our time - and I'm really just happy to do this because aside from owning a lot of VRC, I think it will be a fun day Smiley

tl;dr - Vericoin booth at MN State Fair in a couple weeks.

Very commendable and on behalf of the part of the community that really appreciate honest efforts, thank you. You should be getting paid for this -as well as your friends- but since there's no money and you guys are willing to do it, plas, plas, plas. kudos and , again, thank you.

If is a huge pity, though, that the timing could not possibly suck more: Any donation now will be at 5 cents of a dollar per VRC -while only a few weeks back it was 4 times as much. And yes, shirts costs 4 times as much too. And they are VERI needed for the event should look great with lots of giveaways... that I don't know if the community, and the devs, are willing to donate.

For visitor only handouts will work in terms of getting any attention. So I would suggest paper wallets -no time for electronic ones that should be massively available by now-, with at least 400-500 VRC to give away to visitors picked up at random, like 10 or 20 or whatever you can afford with the donations received. And hand outs, of course of printed information. You guys need to wear T-shirts with the logo and give away as many as available, as well as the wallets. And talk not just to random people but make some kind of brief (well prepared!) "intro to digital currency/VRC" to bunches of people, tens, hundreds if possible. In groups!

And, of course, video of as good quality as you can, and photos likewise so they are uploaded to the social networks and edited up in a fast paced youtube video on the fly. Beyond that, do as many local interviews as possible, maybe some press article in the local paper/radio/tv channel.

Now, this is an opp for the community to show the real strength by actually doing something practical, tangible and that, at the very least, is going to bring a bunch of new people interested in digital currencies and, hopefully, in VRC. You deserve kudos, again, for the effort and hopefully the response will be generous enough to make of the event a real hit after so many misses.

Best luck and thanks again!

I donated already Barabass, did you? Lets give Xosihc our full support !! Xosihc let me know if you need a specific web site up and running for any reason I can have it done in a weekend.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:29:46 AM

I am going to propose an experiment to coincide with the Minnesota State Fair VRC day. It does appear the VRC now has leaders in 25 countries. And I am sure it has potential leaders in every major city in the US.

LETS MAKE SATURDAY, AUGUST 30th "WORLD VERICOIN DAY"

Lets have massive donations to an account established by the devs so every country's capital and every major city in the US will have similar amounts of paper wallets and Vericoin T-shirts so we will have a major worldwide event. From Manila to Rome, From Melbourne -or Sidney, or both, to Tokyo, Paris, London, Munich, Moscow... everywhere. And have those leaders manage the events and upload pictures of hundreds of thousands of people listening and learning about Vericoin and Vericoin World Day. Timing is tight but it can be done. It will not cost too much but it is worth it to be extra generous. IT HAS NEVER BEEN DONE before. Success, on a major scale, is quite possible. Press and other media at the local level, could be possible in many cases. Imagine, the Vericoin logo, wallets, T-shirts simultaneously in 30-40 biggest cities in the world. Let's do it! Lets have those leaders show leadership, initiative, dynamism and ACTION!.

THERE'S MY HAT...
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:35:41 AM

Furthermore: Lets make the donations, actual purchases, that way we will have an added positive effect: Whatever you are going to donate, purchase it now. This is a very low price so it won't cost you that much, and if half the people that have wallets buy some coins, that will be more than 2500 buy orders.

If we are to support this idea, and it is worth supporting, lets do it all the way, Lets see how strong the community really is... What do we have to lose?

And we certainly have a lot, a whole lot to gain.

Give as generously as you feel the project deserves and you can.
Xosihc

Activity: 538
Merit: 500

Hello

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:36:20 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2014, 04:51:58 AM by Xosihc

Xosihc let me know if you need a specific web site up and running for any reason I can have it done in a weekend.

I appreciate that! I'm not sure if a website is needed - more than anything I was going to get something up on vericoinnews.info... If you think a 1 page site/landing page would be worth while. We can definitely work on something together.
Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:37:37 AM

I am going to propose an experiment to coincide with the Minnesota State Fair VRC day. It does appear the VRC now has leaders in 25 countries. And I am sure it has potential leaders in every major city in the US.

Lets have massive donations to an account established by the devs so every country's capital and every major city in the US will have similar amounts of paper wallets and Vericoin T-shirts so we will have a major worldwide event. From Manila to Rome, From Melbourne -or Sidney, or both, to Tokyo, Paris, London, Munich, Moscow... everywhere. And have those leaders manage the events and upload pictures of hundreds of thousands of people listening and learning about Vericoin and Vericoin World Day. Timing is tight but it can be done. It will not cost too much but it is worth it to be extra generous. IT HAS NEVER BEEN DONE before. Success, on a major scale, is quite possible. Press and other media at the local level, could be possible in many cases. Imagine, the Vericoin logo, wallets, T-shirts simultaneously in 30-40 biggest cities in the world. Let's do it! Lets have those leaders show leadership, initiative, dynamism and ACTION!.

THERE'S MY HAT...

I think that would be an awesome idea!! I know we are short on time, which doesn't help but if the community is ever going to be serious about doing something big we might as well do it now.
Nathonas

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Knowledge is Power

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 04:41:39 AM

Hey guys,

It is sad to see such a low value for VRC.  However we are not just motivated by price and this is why we aren't anonymous and haven't walked away.  The most important part of being successful is not giving up and it is the thing most people do. This is a reset, if you must sell so be it.  If you want to build the future, we will be here with the community, working to build it!  If we don't give up, we have already beat most of the competition.  

Words mean very little. Let's see where you are and vericoin is in 1 year from now.

No matter where he is, at least he will still have integrity and won't be burdened by the negative Karma that's associated with having to constantly spread FUD on other altcoin message boards (unlike some people, who many in the altcoin community seem to loathe).

On the other hand, it's pretty telling to me that this little VeriCoin team seems to be that great of a threat to the other altcoins that they have to send bashers over here to try and scare new investors away.  When you think about it though, it's actually kind of cool.  If VeriCoin was really as dead in the water as so many of the bashers try to say it is then why would they spend so much of their time here?   Huh Shocked

I agree, I've invested a good amount of my BTC into VRC and honestly I don't even care if I lose it all or most of it at this point, just because I like the dev team. I know that these guys actually work hard, put their faces on the internet, and do things in the real world to show that they want their crypto to succeed. You can't say that for most altcoins. Having said that, I still think VRC will bounce back up because it's been down before and the devs are showing no signs of abandoning us.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:52:53 AM

I am not on Twitter, but someone should already be tweeting the idea of Vericoin World Day...
Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:01:19 AM

I am not on Twitter, but someone should already be tweeting the idea of Vericoin World Day...

It's a slow night... no one seems to be online. But hey - thanks for being on board with your support!!
yoshiwatusi

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:23:21 AM

Hey guys,

It is sad to see such a low value for VRC.  However we are not just motivated by price and this is why we aren't anonymous and haven't walked away.  The most important part of being successful is not giving up and it is the thing most people do. This is a reset, if you must sell so be it.  If you want to build the future, we will be here with the community, working to build it!  If we don't give up, we have already beat most of the competition.  

Words mean very little. Let's see where you are and vericoin is in 1 year from now.

No matter where he is, at least he will still have integrity and won't be burdened by the negative Karma that's associated with having to constantly spread FUD on other altcoin message boards (unlike some people, who many in the altcoin community seem to loathe).

On the other hand, it's pretty telling to me that this little VeriCoin team seems to be that great of a threat to the other altcoins that they have to send bashers over here to try and scare new investors away.  When you think about it though, it's actually kind of cool.  If VeriCoin was really as dead in the water as so many of the bashers try to say it is then why would they spend so much of their time here?   Huh Shocked

I agree, I've invested a good amount of my BTC into VRC and honestly I don't even care if I lose it all or most of it at this point, just because I like the dev team. I know that these guys actually work hard, put their faces on the internet, and do things in the real world to show that they want their crypto to succeed. You can't say that for most altcoins. Having said that, I still think VRC will bounce back up because it's been down before and the devs are showing no signs of abandoning us.

I'm having positive thoughts once again for VRC
yoshiwatusi

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:35:39 AM

Spread the word of VRC!!

So as I briefly mentioned in my post above - I was able to get Vericoin a booth at the Minnesota State Fair coming up on 8/30/2014. For those east coaster/west coasters (people outside of US) that think "well that's pretty lame" - I gotta say; our state fair is one of the biggest events in the Midwest. On any single day they will have 100,000-200,000 people come through with really solid days hitting 225,000+. The fair goes on for 2 weeks and the most popular days statistically are always the final Saturday/Sunday. So with that in mind I made sure to lock down the booth for the final Saturday from 11am-4pm. It's 100% locked down. We have the booth, we have the day/time.

The booth will be part of what's call "MN World Fair 2023". Which is an organization that is trying to raise money/awareness to win the bid to have Minnesota host the 2023 World Fair (I had no idea that was still a thing). So in having the 2023 Expo they are looking for tech-related companies and groups to help sponsor the event. In order to get the booth, I either had to fork over $1,000 or get 6 people to help volunteer a shift during the day for the Expo group itself. So at the end of the day I made some quick phone calls and got 7 of my friends to all join in and help out. Why 7 you ask? Well we need to throw the Expo booth itself 6 people to work for them plus we need another 2 of us at the event actually representing Vericoin. So all in all there are 8 of us that are going to volunteer our afternoons to help support the cause.

With that being said, while my other 6 friends are all helping the 2023 Expo people my buddy and I will do whatever we can to help spread the word about Vericoin. We're going to be there for 5 hours with literally tens of thousands of people walking by. And yeah... I guess at this point we're open for ideas.

My B job in life is to represent large companies and big events as a brand ambassador, so fortunately I do this kind of thing all the time. I love talking to people and I love being social - so I think this is going to work out well.

At this point my initial thought is to hopefully raise some VRC from the community, so we can hand out whatever we are able to raise. Possibly get some VRC stickers (which I know PNosker mentioned he would send over) maybe even some VRC t-shirts. To be honest, for the dev team - I would say this would fall into the category of possibly a big enough event 1 of 2 of you would be interested in flying out here? I mean no joke - there will literally be a quarter million people there throughout the day.

So at this point I'm 100% open to any suggestions/ideas/comments. I have that VRC donation address below, which a few of you have been kind enough to donate to. Its unfortunately an old bittrex account that I don't really use (i'm more of a mintpal kind of guy) but I don't like the fact keeping the coins hot. I would have given out my personal wallet address but I don't want to co-mingle funds. So any thoughts on that would be great too.

Last thought real quick. Over the next few days I will be getting the VRC logo and website up on the official Expo 2023 website. Not only to spread the word but to hopefully instill trust within the community that I'm not just pulling some quick BS move *cough coughWizrig cough*. 100% of what gets donated will get passed out that day. I won't take a penny. All together my friends and I will be donating about 40 hours of our time - and I'm really just happy to do this because aside from owning a lot of VRC, I think it will be a fun day Smiley

tl;dr - Vericoin booth at MN State Fair in a couple weeks.
hi.. put this up in vericoinnews so its easier to spread around….will send some donations mate
yoshiwatusi

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:46:51 AM

I just wanted to share my buying experience on MintPal during the last few days and how I've reacted to it.  Since the sell bots immediately move the price lower everytime I've made a small buy (maybe to paint the tape downwards?), when I want to buy at a lower price I just make a few small buys before I make a larger one at the Ask while also having one or two strategically placed below the highest Bid.

thanks!
setup

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:57:06 AM

I've sent some VRC to Xosihc to support his engagement  on the Minnesota State Fair. Thanks for your help!

https://litebit.eu/registration/de/3337ouEH2M/
Add a VRC banner to your Website & support VERICOIN
yoshiwatusi

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:04:49 AM

THERE'S MY HAT...

I think that would be an awesome idea!! I know we are short on time, which doesn't help but if the community is ever going to be serious about doing something big we might as well do it now.

awesome.. i'm in!
MadGhost

Activity: 294

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:06:12 AM

THERE'S MY HAT...

awesome.. i'm in!

me too

yoshiwatusi

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 09:58:11 AM

it has been twitted
buy4crypto

Activity: 434

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 10:22:28 AM

I would love to spread the word around Upstate NY. Will see what I can do. You guys at the state fair need any VeriCoin shwag made up? what is our time frame? I can see if my buddy with the print shop can't make us up some nick-nacks to giveaway.

The whole state fair thing gave me an idea. Its that time of year. We need to think of a way to get VeriCoin around more of the state fairs! I'll be visiting the one in NY at some point in the next month. I'll see about printing out a sweet vericoin shirt / clothing and will wear that in public places going forward. Syracuse Basketball games, ect, all the public events I frequent with large gatherings I will soon be a self promoting vericoin / my personal websites promoting machine.

If other people did things similar to this to increase awareness it would help, especially "VeriLeaders" we could start to show our strength in practical, grassroots efforts. Anything you can do to get VeriCoin in the public eyes is good for our community. Look at our developers cars! They have QR codes and the VeriCoin website link on their car!

We can all do more. Doing state fairs, tossing on a shirt when you go to public places, all these are things that won't move the needle individually, but a concerted effort from the community to start to engrain VeriCoin in the lives of the everyday people we wish to engage.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
sdersdf2

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 10:24:09 AM

I would love to spread the word around Upstate NY. Will see what I can do. You guys at the state fair need any VeriCoin shwag made up? what is our time frame? I can see if my buddy with the print shop can't make us up some nick-nacks to giveaway.

Isn't NY on its way to becoming a no-go zone for crypto?
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 10:35:32 AM

Isn't NY on its way to becoming a no-go zone for crypto?

Its all proposed regulation. As for will NY just stop accepting / using crypto currencies due to that law? I doubt it. I have a feeling the ones who will be effected will be business owners, as upposed to individuals if the law passes in current form. The law as it stands will create a lot of paperwork, and need for lawyers, which will hinder a lot of small bitcoin startups like myself.

Most of the regulation for NY looks to be based around the intention of safety, and security for individuals through making the business's be more accountable. I believe strongly in principal about what is happening, but after hearing the exact law as it stands now, it will hurt small - large btc business's in NY. I was weeks away from registering a btc business in NY when I heard that law. As of now I will not INC a company until more clarity. If NY goes nuts on bitcoin business, I will be moving down to Florida, California, or perhaps another state with more progressive stance on bitcoin.

████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
setup

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 10:55:22 AM

In my opinion August 30th is too early for a promotion like "World Vericoin Day". ideas and money have to be collected, someone must plan it and the stuff has to be sent all over the world. It also has to be promoted on sites like cryptocoinsnews and others and much more.

Just my 2 cents

https://litebit.eu/registration/de/3337ouEH2M/
Add a VRC banner to your Website & support VERICOIN
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 11:00:11 AM

In my opinion August 30th is too early for a promotion like "World Vericoin Day". ideas and money have to be collected, someone must plan it and the stuff has to be sent all over the world. It also has to be promoted on sites like cryptocoinsnews and others and much more.

Just my 2 cents

Valid points. Perhaps this is a step in the right direction though. We certainly want to keep a professional feel going forward. The time for amature hour is over. The business professionals, and leaders have to take the time to step up and be the face of VeriCoin now if will succeed.

We need to define our market, and strategize how to win that market segment over.

What is vericoin?
How is vericoin helping people?

We need to stop being everything to everyone and focus on where we will carve out a future currency that will stand the test of time. We need to stop trying to please everyone, at the risk of pleasing no one, and focus on the core of what VeriCoin needs to be. A safe, secure, reliable, transaction friendly currency that has a hyper focus on these issues ONLY. As we stray from a streamlined mainstream wallet into a wallet thats a jack of all trades. It spread ourselves thin, and we risk alienating our current core of people who suggest to make crypto (starting with vericoin) a more reliable, trusted currency in the worlds view.

People promoting VeriCoin need an elevator pitch. You need a way to communicate the point in a streamlined fasion as to not confuse a person, while giving them proper amounts of information.

Pages: « 1 ... 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 [653] 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: