Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:23:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 [411] 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355393 times)
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 03:32:11 AM

Why are people blaming Vericoin for this? This is 100% Mintpals fault. What really pisses me off is the Vericoin Devs have to fork to save the coin because clearly Mintpal will not cover the losses. FUCK MINTPAL.

This is what Vericoin relies on...

Developers of VRC to fork the chain when a catastrophic event happens. Pathetic.

Just the opposite, when failures happen due to a third party, they fix it, and don't let thieves steal money.

This is what crypto needs, not pandering to theft.

People like you are a obstacle to your own growth, And you don't even know it.

Only so many computer nerds in the world man, a lot more normal people.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 03:33:23 AM

Any bank compromised of 2 million USD that was discovered hours later would not be resolved as easy. This is BIG news for the financial industry, and probably annoying to the technology purists who want you to care about there next anon feature, or the paranoid banker people.

This is what a coin will need to break the mold, and current stigmas and go mainstream. I bet on it

You are a complete retard.  VRC's dev team's actions have centralized and compromised the integrity of it's blockchain, period.  How do you not understand this?  

The integrity of the blockchain was preserved by the devs at the request of the community, you will see as we all vote and move to the new chain, The one where a thief is left high and dry, and the community has all its members with 100% funds. Live with it, I don't see why you think theft is going to grow crypto?

And let me be clear I have not 1 fund in MP, but I support the 30% that did, live with it.

████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
Celani10

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:33:39 AM

The fork is complete. I would like to say that we did what we thought is right. We saved the $5M+ invested in VeriCoin by folks like you from becoming worth nothing when the hacker either dumped all of his coin or 51% attacked it.

With that said, we will not be doing this again. It is imperative that you keep your coins off exchanges and safe. We did not do this to "bail out" MintPal but to prevent the coin from being destroyed in an instant.

We have created a bootstrap file which everyone must use until the network is stable. It is located at http://vericoin.info/downloads/bootstrap.dat. We also have changed the p2port from 58684 to 58685. Please adjust your settings as necessary.

We are compiling new windows/mac wallets and will post them when they are complete. The exchanges have the updated code (which is also available on our Github: http://github.com/vericoin/master) and are patching their own stuff and going to be fixing their databases.

Let's hope the rest of the process goes smoothly. Thanks for being patient. I hope we never encounter anything like this again. Please, stake your coins locally on your own wallet so we don't risk having 30% of the coin stolen in a single hack.

This is BULLSHIT.

Now future scams and hacks involving VRC don't get the same treatment? Double standard much? Hypocrite?

Now your trust has gone out the window.

Don't buy the coin then.

Stop trying to make FUD you piece of shit

go do something else with your life.

Everyone report him for trying to make FUD.

Dev was fucking great with community and investors

Bitcoin was also hacked and they made a hardfork in 2011.
Why the fuck do you have btc then?
Shill

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:34:35 AM

Why are people blaming Vericoin for this? This is 100% Mintpals fault. What really pisses me off is the Vericoin Devs have to fork to save the coin because clearly Mintpal will not cover the losses. FUCK MINTPAL.

This is what Vericoin relies on...

Developers of VRC to fork the chain when a catastrophic event happens. Pathetic.

Only so many computer nerds in the world man, a lot more normal people.

He even used the word "bankster". lol
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:35:11 AM

I think we need to wait for a technical explanation of what went wrong before we can draw any conclusions. VRC is still very new and enough coins were stolen to greatly affect the community, so the developer was stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one.

The problem is that VRC will now always be associated with this hard fork. The developers need to be clear going forward on what their response will be in the event of future hacks on Mintpal.

The roadmap of this coin still looks great compared to other alts and I think this will be remembered as a minor setback. I am hoping the coin gets dumped so I can purchase more.

Trust and security is #1. VRC and its devs have shown that this is not a secure coin given their actions.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Celani10

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:36:13 AM

I think we need to wait for a technical explanation of what went wrong before we can draw any conclusions. VRC is still very new and enough coins were stolen to greatly affect the community, so the developer was stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one.

The problem is that VRC will now always be associated with this hard fork. The developers need to be clear going forward on what their response will be in the event of future hacks on Mintpal.

The roadmap of this coin still looks great compared to other alts and I think this will be remembered as a minor setback. I am hoping the coin gets dumped so I can purchase more.

Trust and security is #1. VRC and its devs have shown that this is not a secure coin given their actions.

it was mintpal fault you fucking retarted

sdmathis

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:36:20 AM

Any bank compromised of 2 million USD that was discovered hours later would not be resolved as easy. This is BIG news for the financial industry, and probably annoying to the technology purists who want you to care about there next anon feature, or the paranoid banker people.

This is what a coin will need to break the mold, and current stigmas and go mainstream. I bet on it

You are a complete retard.  VRC's dev team's actions have centralized and compromised the integrity of it's blockchain, period.  How do you not understand this?  What they have chosen to do is in fact a bad thing, not a good thing.

It may be a "lesser of two evils" (though that very is debatable), but it is still evil, nonetheless.

It's a done deal. If you don't like it, you're free to sell your VeriCoin if you own any. Now deal with it.

sdmathis

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:36:54 AM

Then invest in another coin.

tigerwood0432

Activity: 493
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:37:08 AM

Ok so now , what coin do you want to promote ? what coin do you want us to invest in ?= please go straight to the point and stop your song

▄███████████████████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████████████████
██username 12345█████████████████████████████
███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███████████████████████████████████
██1234567███12345678██12345678███12345678████
████████████████████████████████████████████
████▒▒▒▒▒▒███████████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████████████████████████▀
CryptoPay

GET IT NOW
RW-Stott

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:38:21 AM

The fact that VRC dev's were so willing to hardfork the coin considering how extremely VAGUE mintpal's statement was... is just ridiculous.

The entire thing smells of scam.
Celani10

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:38:33 AM

if you don't like it get the fuck out and stop trying to make FUD

Devs did the right decision.

I have VRC and I support it
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:38:40 AM

Because one guy can rollback coin... this is evidence

You need to learn a little more of the concept of what a hard fork is. If 'one guy' attempted a hard fork and the rest of the coin's community did not accept it, do you know what happens? Nothing. No fork takes place.

We have been told why a fork needs to occur, but it requires the majority to accept it. So, no, it is not 'one guy' performing a hard fork, it is the community.

Decentralised.

Check-and-mate, ignoramus.

I guess you won't be asking for a hard fork should you get hacked or scammed out of VRC in the future? Okay thanks.

Mintpals' problem is not the VRC dev's problem. Obviously VRC devs think they are god in this decision making. Sounds a lot like the Federal Reserve giving failed banks more funny munny to bail them out because they fucked up.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 03:40:01 AM

So this is what 2 million dollars worth of FUD looks like  Grin

I am enjoying this you guys, Look at how mad those dudes are that its happening, they are watching 2 million be "STOLE" right back from em!

InvestorPerson

Activity: 316

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:40:46 AM

BLA BLA BLA BLA , DID BLACKCOIN DEVS ASKED YOU WHEN THEY  FORKED AND BC PRICES COLLAPSES ? , BC WILL TAKE YEARS TO GO UP AGAIN

damn you must be a hardcore optimist. BC won't see 20k for the rest of the year. if it survives that long

Ok so now , what coin do you want to promote ? what coin do you want us to invest in ?= please go straight to the point and stop your song

just rebrand vericoin to paypalcoin Grin

whoever sells below 29k now must be a complete retard....
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:40:54 AM

Simple mp f'd up.  The hot wallet had too many vrc in it.

Claiming the devs should not help the community by bailing out mp is a very questionable statement.

Almost as if you were one of the people on the receiving end of a successful attack?  hmm...

VRC will come out of this a lot stronger and in the spotlight imo.  Complete backfire by the hackers. Pretty funny.

My prediction: VRC and its devs' trust will be tarnished for a very long time.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 03:41:13 AM

BLA BLA BLA BLA , DID BLACKCOIN DEVS ASKED YOU WHEN THEY  FORKED AND BC PRICES COLLAPSES ? , BC WILL TAKE YEARS TO GO UP AGAIN

damn you must be a hardcore optimist. BC won't see 20k for the rest of the year. if it survives that long

just rebrand vericoin to paypalcoin Grin

Cool, thanks for your opinion, gnite

prometheianz

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:42:25 AM

VRC sacrificed to preserve Mintpal profits.. sad.
nvminer

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:42:49 AM

Cryptocurrency is created to be not regulated by authorities, such as countries. What happened to Vericoin today goes against this objective, because it is controlled by an exchange site. Suppose someday a country authority send request to the Vericoin development team about some Vericoin is held by some bad guys and the authority request a hard fork to remove those Vericoins, or send those coins to the country authority, based on what happened, I doubt the team will say no.

Question is not whether devs do it or not.
Question is CAN THEY DO IT?
And the answer is obviously YES, for every single cryptocurrency, IF they get backed by the majority of their miners.
So, all the crypto community will have to deal with this reality.
You should all help to get the right spin in terms of PR.

Always, they can do it, as long as they make ppl support their new fork.
The question is, DO THEY DO IT OR NOT? DO THEY GIVE IN TO THE AUTHORITY OR THEY OBEY THEIR INITIAL AIM FOR A CRYPTOCURRENCY: NOT REGULATED BY AUTHORITIES.
(don't want to use caps, but obviously you don't get my insight)

If they are regulated by authorities, what is the difference between it and centralized banks?

p.s. til now, my questions are not answered.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:44:06 AM

Because one guy can rollback coin... this is evidence

You need to learn a little more of the concept of what a hard fork is. If 'one guy' attempted a hard fork and the rest of the coin's community did not accept it, do you know what happens? Nothing. No fork takes place.
We have been told why a fork needs to occur, but it requires the majority to accept it. So, no, it is not 'one guy' performing a hard fork, it is the community.
Decentralised.
"
1) We lost a considerable amount of VeriCoin in the attack, however we have been working with the VRC developers and all major exchanges to hard fork the coin at a position before the attack. " = rollback in short ( https://support.mintpal.com/index.php?module=announce&sec=view&id=17 )

Have little guys decided about that hard fork or you got solution and have to accept it ?
NO.  Devs and exchanges comes out with ultimate solution to save their business mostly.
Answers is no - those hard decision was taken by developer and exchange owners...
You can only accept it or no...
Try do the same with decentralized  BTC...

I know yeah? Why wasn't there a poll that the devs created to see community consensus first?

Their actions speak louder than anything they say.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

InvestorPerson

Activity: 316

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:44:41 AM

Cool, thanks for your opinion, gnite

m'lady, it was an honour

whoever sells below 29k now must be a complete retard....
Pages: « 1 ... 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 [411] 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: