Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:16:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 [874] 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761
Merit: 505

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2016, 02:52:36 PM

When is the Verium wallet downloadable? And do you need to update the vericoin wallet the 20th to do the swap?

The Verium wallet will be released after the ICO, the exact date is not yet determined but not long after after ICO ends. To partake in ICO you need the current VeriCoin wallet available now at http://www.vericoin.info/ to generate a Verium public and private key pair for import into the released Verium wallet. There will be a walk through on those steps as we get closer to ICO but you can export and generate this key pair very easily in the current wallet 1.6.5 via the file menu export private key option. Verium and VeriCoin keys are the same format.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lowryda23

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 03:57:12 PM

In case you missed the PoST whitepaper read it here. https://www.vericoin.info/downloads/VeriCoinPoSTWhitePaper10May2015.pdf

Hey there , ok i read now the whitepaper but 1 question ... in Poloniex i can buy and sell how much VRC i like without waiting .. Why i cant do that with bter.com ??
effectsToCause (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2016, 04:06:36 PM

In case you missed the PoST whitepaper read it here. https://www.vericoin.info/downloads/VeriCoinPoSTWhitePaper10May2015.pdf

Hey there , ok i read now the whitepaper but 1 question ... in Poloniex i can buy and sell how much VRC i like without waiting .. Why i cant do that with bter.com ??

I'm not very familiar with bter.com's practices, mostly because they have very little VRC volume.  You should contact them about your issues with their service and refer to this exchange list for what exchanges actually have decent trade volume, otherwise very few if any trades actually take place. http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/vericoin/#markets
coinbuyer2580

Activity: 276
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 07:45:03 PM

I have a question about mining VRM. I have a core i7 which is 4 physical cores but 8 logical processors, essentially windows sees 8 cpu's so will I be able to mine using the 8 logical cores or just the actual 4?
Pnosker just told me:

But it may be slower than 4, hyperthreading works well in certain situations but might not here.
Also your computer would probably be extremely slow unless you use 3/6 total rather than maxing it out.

Perfect thanks for the response
AceOfPentacles

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 04:15:47 PM

Just wanna say thanks to Vericoin support, effectsToCause,walked me through some software/ wallet issues I was having over the last couple of days. Im not a tech guy, but good customer support is always a major factor in my investing!
souljah1h
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

Hyperspace snail

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2016, 05:11:36 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2016, 09:27:03 PM by souljah1h

Just wanna say thanks to Vericoin support, effectsToCause,walked me through some software/ wallet issues I was having over the last couple of days. Im not a tech guy, but good customer support is always a major factor in my investing!
Thanks for your kind words! Vericoin support is great.

_@/'
effectsToCause (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2016, 11:58:05 AM

Another really powerful thing is by not requiring Verium be a very fast currency we are testing the block confirmations and maturity. We can raise these above current standards required for quick currencies and make the double spend risk with 51% of computational power very unlikely. We can make it so that you have to get so many blocks in a row to double spend that effectively you would need significantly more than 51% of the hash rate to double spend. This may end up making Verium the most secure PoW protocol based on the probability to effectively double spend. Assuming of course it gains a strong network hashrate.
souljah1h
Legendary

Hyperspace snail

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2016, 06:06:26 PM

Another really powerful thing is by not requiring Verium be a very fast currency we are testing the block confirmations and maturity. We can raise these above current standards required for quick currencies and make the double spend risk with 51% of computational power very unlikely. We can make it so that you have to get so many blocks in a row to double spend that effectively you would need significantly more than 51% of the hash rate to double spend. This may end up making Verium the most secure PoW protocol based on the probability to effectively double spend. Assuming of course it gains a strong network hashrate.
Sounds awesome! Lets hope we get a strong network hashrate!

_@/'
souljah1h
Legendary

Hyperspace snail

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2016, 09:16:58 AM

_@/'
souljah1h
Legendary

Hyperspace snail

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2016, 03:25:32 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2016, 03:37:13 PM by souljah1h

EffectsToCause will be at The Blocktalk show 12 July 8 PM (EST)

https://www.vericoinforums.com/threads/vericoin-will-be-at-the-blocktalk-show-12-july-8-pm-est.1337/

Talking about the VeriCoin Project & Verium and its ICO.

Link will be posted here.

_@/'
effectsToCause (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2016, 09:04:28 PM

The Crypto 'Gold-Standard' : A currency and a reserve  (VeriCoin  and Verium) — Steemit https://steemit.com/crypto/@effectstocause/the-crypto-gold-standard-a-currency-and-a-reserve-vericoin-and-verium
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2016, 11:29:29 PM

When is the Verium wallet downloadable? And do you need to update the vericoin wallet the 20th to do the swap?

The Verium wallet will be released after the ICO, the exact date is not yet determined but not long after after ICO ends. To partake in ICO you need the current VeriCoin wallet available now at http://www.vericoin.info/ to generate a Verium public and private key pair for import into the released Verium wallet. There will be a walk through on those steps as we get closer to ICO but you can export and generate this key pair very easily in the current wallet 1.6.5 via the file menu export private key option. Verium and VeriCoin keys are the same format.

Thanks for info.

Can you explain how the ICO will work ? How will VRC in an address be subscribed for Verium ?
effectsToCause (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2016, 03:08:26 PM

Thanks for info.

Can you explain how the ICO will work ? How will VRC in an address be subscribed for Verium ?

There will be a web interface that will present you with a VRC address for which you can perform one send to for the ICO.  Then you will submit a VRC public key address into the site and that will be the address that you receive the Verium at when the wallet is released.  You can either use a currently existing VeriCoin address or generate a new one, but you must do it in the wallet so you can export the private key via the file menu for import into the Verium wallet.  VeriCoin and Verium addresses are the same format.  The same public key and private key pair can be used on either blockchain.
MAD945

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 10:17:07 PM

Thanks for info.

There will be a web interface that will present you with a VRC address for which you can perform one send to for the ICO.  Then you will submit a VRC public key address into the site and that will be the address that you receive the Verium at when the wallet is released.  You can either use a currently existing VeriCoin address or generate a new one, but you must do it in the wallet so you can export the private key via the file menu for import into the Verium wallet.  VeriCoin and Verium addresses are the same format.  The same public key and private key pair can be used on either blockchain.

Sounds awesome! Never heard of anyone doing this before, truely something new and innovative! Looking forward to the interview today on blocktalk
Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2016, 10:47:27 PM

Thanks for info.

Thanks.  Just to be sure , does the VRC to be sent to the ICO address have to be in the current VRC 1.6.5 wallet ? (ie not possible from an exchange,  or a javascript client in a browser etc )
effectsToCause (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2016, 10:49:36 PM

Thanks for info.

Thanks.  Just to be sure , does the VRC to be sent to the ICO address have to be in the current VRC 1.6.5 wallet ? (ie not possible from an exchange,  or a javascript client in a browser etc )

it has to be from 1.6.5 or some other method that gives you the private key, because you need to hold the private key to claim the Verium on the Verium blockchain. It's just a regular VeriCoin address that you hold private key for.
MAD945

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 11:04:50 PM

Thanks for info.

Thanks.  Just to be sure , does the VRC to be sent to the ICO address have to be in the current VRC 1.6.5 wallet ? (ie not possible from an exchange,  or a javascript client in a browser etc )

it has to be from 1.6.5 or some other method that gives you the private key, because you need to hold the private key to claim the Verium on the Verium blockchain. It's just a regular VeriCoin address that you hold private key for.

Looking forward to the swap, will exchanges have VRC/VRM?
Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2016, 11:15:04 PM

Thanks for info.

Sorry, I didn't clarify the question : confused about whether the VRC sending address necessarily HAS to be linked to the Verium receiving address .. eg. I have VRC in an exchange, plus VRC in 1.6.5 wallet : so can I send direct from the exchange (using the address specified in the web interface in my wallet) and specify my wallet address (or any other, eg paperwallet, under my control) for the Verium to go to ?
RJF19

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 11:39:22 PM

Here's a simple (dumb?) question: Which would you hold if you could only hold one and why. Which do you predict will have more real world value in the future?

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
MAD945

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 11:49:11 PM

Here's a simple (dumb?) question: Which would you hold if you could only hold one and why. Which do you predict will have more real world value in the future?

I would hold both, like holding Cash/Gold which I do. But if I could only hold one it would be Verium(Gold) as I can transfer to Vericoin(Cash) instantly in the wallet and back again. I will be holding Vericoin and Verium just like I hold Cash and Gold, using and holding both secures the network and mining Verium and staking Vericoin secures the network.
Pages: « 1 ... 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 [874] 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: