Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:27:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 [876] 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
PS1987

Activity: 394
Merit: 117

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 06:00:39 PM

why is the price so low right now?

So you can buy more vrc.

Take your chance  Wink
Sry to say but I expect VRC to act like NXT. Increasing shortly before ICO and then decreasing slowly. Also BTC seems to rise a lot in the next hours.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
warr1979

Activity: 564
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 06:13:26 PM

So you can buy more vrc.

Take your chance  Wink
Sry to say but I expect VRC to act like NXT. Increasing shortly before ICO and then decreasing slowly. Also BTC seems to rise a lot in the next hours.

I expected a nice increase this weekend going into the next few days but the way it's looking by this time next week we might be looking at sub 10k again
doc12
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1042

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 07:12:03 PM

So you can buy more vrc.

Take your chance  Wink

I expected a nice increase this weekend going into the next few days but the way it's looking by this time next week we might be looking at sub 10k again

Better exit now, the ship is sinking. Uptrend is broken.
warr1979

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 07:52:32 PM

So you can buy more vrc.

Take your chance  Wink

Better exit now, the ship is sinking. Uptrend is broken.

Lol after two years I'm not giving up now.  But hey go chase that next shit coin good luck!
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 08:06:39 PM

I dont think there is reason to panic. We are testing 14 k support and it looks good right now.

I think this time it isnt just a pump but genuine interest of people.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
cjmining

Activity: 586

Waiting for my coins to rise !!

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 08:07:38 PM

I have some buys set so feel free to dump. It will go up once the ICO kicks in.
MAD945

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 09:08:04 PM

Not worried about the price, will be buying Verium and Vericoin and holding. Long-term with ICO funds being used for development that Vericoin/Verium developers have never had before. Think about that for a second, Vericoin and Verium has had no outside funding.

Vericoin and Verium have been developed with no outside funding, think how much Doug, Pat, David and Steve could do with a real development budget!!!

Future is bright my friends Cool
warr1979

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 09:41:36 PM

Not worried about the price, will be buying Verium and Vericoin and holding. Long-term with ICO funds being used for development that Vericoin/Verium developers have never had before. Think about that for a second, Vericoin and Verium has had no outside funding.

Vericoin and Verium have been developed with no outside funding, think how much Doug, Pat, David and Steve could do with a real development budget!!!

But if we can't find a significant financial backer interested then this coin is in some deep trouble.  ICO funding for projects isn't going to help much if the value is low.  The price is very concerning to me. 
MAD945

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 09:48:35 PM

But if we can't find a significant financial backer interested then this coin is in some deep trouble.  ICO funding for projects isn't going to help much if the value is low.  The price is very concerning to me. 

Patience my friend, we have gone from 1000 wallets with balances to over 14000 since 2014. Adoption takes time, value takes time, development takes time. Worrying about it isn't going to solve anything, how bout spread the word, inform users and none users. I choose Vericoin over all over cyrpto currencies because of the developers, the community and the tech.

Value takes time, its only been 2 years, Bitcoin has been around for 6+ years.
warr1979

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 09:58:45 PM

Patience my friend, we have gone from 1000 wallets with balances to over 14000 since 2014. Adoption takes time, value takes time, development takes time. Worrying about it isn't going to solve anything, how bout spread the word, inform users and none users. I choose Vericoin over all over cyrpto currencies because of the developers, the community and the tech.

I've tried and done my part I've written the ICO availability PR that's being reviewed by the developers.  I've asked the vericoin community to brain storm with organic ideas to market and see if we can get this coin to the levels where it should be but so far meet with crickets.  There plenty of coins newer then this that's worth more patience in crypto don't exist.
MAD945

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 11:17:07 PM

But if we can't find a significant financial backer interested then this coin is in some deep trouble.  ICO funding for projects isn't going to help much if the value is low.  The price is very concerning to me.  

I've tried and done my part I've written the ICO availability PR that's being reviewed by the developers.  I've asked the vericoin community to brain storm with organic ideas to market and see if we can get this coin to the levels where it should be but so far meet with crickets.  There plenty of coins newer then this that's worth more patience in crypto don't exist.

Patience doesn't exist in crypto? Really, how bout Bitcoin, Ethereum and others? They haven't seen their true value yet and yet people are still aiming for the future. Your looking at short term gains and I'm looking at long term here.

When I invested in Vericoin at the very beginning there where a dozen other crypto currencies being launched or being hyped. 95% of those are either dead, price is worth nothing or zero development. Vericoin has been developing, growing its community and been moving along and hasn't stopped. The developers have shown time and time again they are here to stay and they have a long term vision. Not a lot of other cryptos can come close to that.

Could there be more marketing in place for the ICO? Yes of course there could, but I don't think having an army of spammers and twitter bots is what Vericoin is about.

With funding will come marketing and you will have your PR that you seek.
warr1979

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 03:47:44 AM

But if we can't find a significant financial backer interested then this coin is in some deep trouble.  ICO funding for projects isn't going to help much if the value is low.  The price is very concerning to me.  

I've tried and done my part I've written the ICO availability PR that's being reviewed by the developers.  I've asked the vericoin community to brain storm with organic ideas to market and see if we can get this coin to the levels where it should be but so far meet with crickets.  There plenty of coins newer then this that's worth more patience in crypto don't exist.

Patience doesn't exist in crypto? Really, how bout Bitcoin, Ethereum and others? They haven't seen their true value yet and yet people are still aiming for the future. Your looking at short term gains and I'm looking at long term here.

When I invested in Vericoin at the very beginning there where a dozen other crypto currencies being launched or being hyped. 95% of those are either dead, price is worth nothing or zero development. Vericoin has been developing, growing its community and been moving along and hasn't stopped. The developers have shown time and time again they are here to stay and they have a long term vision. Not a lot of other cryptos can come close to that.

Could there be more marketing in place for the ICO? Yes of course there could, but I don't think having an army of spammers and twitter bots is what Vericoin is about.

With funding will come marketing and you will have your PR that you seek.

Seriously what are the others?

Ethereum was released a little later then Vericoin what is there market cap? $ 934,121,037
Bitcoin price was at 8.50 but to compare anything to the original is not fair.

Im not saying the developers aren't working hard but eventually something has to give.  Two days before an ICO and this quarter is struggling to stay over a dime.  .25 is cheap but thats the least it should be.

In theory this coin is a better transmitter of internet currency then bitcoin yet no one cares cause its its not a pump and dump no one wants in. 
verb

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 06:07:41 AM

So is there any press campaign except this thread and twitter?
Searching google I only stumble over the steemit article, which was a fail - with only 8 votes and fudders not being answered in the comments.
I mean articles on news sites that would reach a wider audience? The Merkle, Cointelegraph and all the others that will pick-up a newsletter? Or even medium.com, it would take 2 minute to post there, and it's already been shown that medium is healthy ground for crypto - lisk, plutons, eth, sdc etc etc.
And if any of there aren't planned, then why, what is the reason?

▄▄███▄▄
    ▄▄███████████▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
▀▀██████████████████▀▀ ▄▄
    ▀▀██████████▀▀ ▄▄████
        ▀▀█▀▀ ▄▄█████████
            ▄█████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            █████████████▀
            █████████▀▀
            █████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

Brickblock.io
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║

▄▄██▄
            ▄▄█▀▀  ██
        ▄▄█▀▀      █▌
    ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀    ██
▄▄▄█▀▀    ▄█▀     ▐█
██      ▄██▀       █▌
▀▀██▄███▀        ██
    ██▀▀█▄▄▄     █▌
    █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
    █▄█▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
▐████
▐████
████████████
████████████
▐████
▐████
▐████
▐████

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀ 
████▄         █████████████▀ 
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████ 
█████████████████████ 
    ▀█████████████████▀
    ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 

▄▄▄                  ▄▄▄
█████▄             ▄██████▄
█████████▄        ████████████▄
██████████▌▄     ██████████████
██████████▌▐█  ▄█████████████▀▄█
██████████▌▐██▄▀████████████ ███
██████████▌▐████▀██████████ ████
██████████▌▐█████ ███████▀▄█████
██████████▌ ▀█████▄▀████ ███████
██████████▌   ▀▀████ ██▄████████
▀█████████▌      ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████████
▀▀█████▌             ▀▀██████
        ▀█▌                  ▀▀█
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
dranster

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 06:11:40 AM

A Forbes article could pump this shet to 50k sats
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 06:44:25 AM

A Forbes article could pump this shet to 50k sats

It might make it into Forbes, etc for another reason.  I suspect we will see some stories about DAO hack and ETH hard fork.  Some might mention that vrc was the first coin to hard fork to thwart hackers... and it survived.  Interesting tie in anyway, although we probably won't get the verium article we need.
Cryptoadvice_82

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2016, 07:10:49 AM

Becouse whales are suppressing price for buying more, I expecting to see a dump before VRM ICO starts!
Less than 2 days for buying cheap before ICO!

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|    The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency  
  WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄████▄▄  
█▄          ██████████▀
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
[
souljah1h
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

Hyperspace snail

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2016, 09:12:30 AM

How do I participate in the ICO?

There will be a web interface that will present you with a VRC address for which you can perform one send to for the ICO. Then you will submit a VRC public key address into the site and that will be the address that you receive the Verium at when the wallet is released. You can either use a currently existing VeriCoin address or generate a new one, but you must do it in the wallet so you can export the private key via the file menu for import into the Verium wallet. VeriCoin and Verium addresses are the same format. The same public key and private key pair can be used on either blockchain.

Countdown here http://www.vericoin.info/ico.html

_@/'
MAD945

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 05:20:36 PM

How do I participate in the ICO?

There will be a web interface that will present you with a VRC address for which you can perform one send to for the ICO. Then you will submit a VRC public key address into the site and that will be the address that you receive the Verium at when the wallet is released. You can either use a currently existing VeriCoin address or generate a new one, but you must do it in the wallet so you can export the private key via the file menu for import into the Verium wallet. VeriCoin and Verium addresses are the same format. The same public key and private key pair can be used on either blockchain.

Countdown here http://www.vericoin.info/ico.html

Awesome! Looking forward to the launch of Verium Roll Eyes
Xosihc

Activity: 538

Hello

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 11:25:26 PM

Since Vericoin is really the first coin to implement a gold standard pairing, I think it's hard to predict where the valuation will go from here. I can only assume anyone who is interested in joining the Verium ICO will take advantage of day 1 conversion rates (6:1 VRC/VRM) providing an intended 350,000 Verium at a rate of 6:1 they would raise 2.1 million VRC to back Verium.

If that ends up happening a whopping 1.05 million VRC will be removed from the trading markets to hold as principal for a community fund. I myself love the concept of a gold standard and will buy a fair amount of Verium to simply hold and sit on like a lot of members in the community. I know that's the intention for a lot of long time investors in this coin and overtime I think this will set a new standard for coins that are trying to implement a currency type feel (like Vericoin is doing).

In addition they've implemented PoST, I think Veribit is a very underrated feature and they have a long history of a strong staking network for interest to be earned.

If you go back to 2014 when Vericoin peaked as a top 10 coin on coinmarketcap (prior to the whole mintpal hack) their marketcap was sitting around $10mil which at the time put them in the top 10. If they got back to a $10mil market cap today it would still put them only at 23 on coinmarketcap.com which I think is a fair assessment. I'm not even saying Verium will put them back in the ranks of a top 10 coin - they would really need to take the next level as a development team to do so. But there is no question the Verium ICO is a good first start to raise some money and show there is still a strong community behind VRC.

I'd personally like to see them once again in that $10mil marketcap space which would still leave x3 growth on the price or a valuation of .00052 VRC/BTC on exchanges. I don't think that's going to happen over the next 48 hours here but no question that's possible in the next 3-6 months as Verium builds up strength.
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 12:17:09 AM

I know the ico starts in 24 hours, but when will the actual verium blockchain (with mining, etc) be launched?
Pages: « 1 ... 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 [876] 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: