Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:04:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 [918] 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355393 times)
Alben

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 09:03:46 PM

Why not just close this thread and go back to veriforums.....the only reason it was reopened was a desperate attempt to grab some BTC with a dubious ICO

Cheers Jon  Angry
BTC? They never accepted any BTC. The ICO only accepted VRC.

What was dubious? if you gonna FUD next time, do some research.

There was a huge pump and then a dump on exchanges where it was sold for BTC.... I don't need lessons from fan boys! Dubious is when you reopen a closed thread just announce a ICO. Do some research yourself

Cheers Jon  Grin
Do you have any (blockchain) proof of that? You can check all the addresses (they are public for a reason) not a single VRC was sold.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/vrc/address.dws?423762.htm
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/vrc/address.dws?433550.htm

I did my research, looks like you didn't. Be informed before making such claims next time.

They are really coming out of the woodwork huh? Of course there is no proof, proof works against FUD...

If I need a fanboy's opinion I'll pm you OK

Cheers  Jon Wink

Perhaps you should get of crypto, you are obviously disturbed, might not be good for health.

Ouch what a comeback.........I've learned the only reason to be involved in Alts (unless your a Dev) is to make BTC. Alts rely on newbies being conned into thinking that this (insert name of coin here) is going to be

bigger than BTC, and that you can become fabulously wealthy by investing early and holding. You are entitled to believe anything you want, as for me it's only about buying low and selling high. Personally I

never meant a profit I didn't like. I don't invest in ICO's I wait for the price crash that inevitably follows.

Cheers Jon  Roll Eyes
Of course.  I'm a trader as well and I believe alts need traders as much as they need investors and users.  Traders provide liquidity.  I encourage you to trade whatever you want and I will do the same.  What I am against is completely inaccurate finger pointing.  Traders trade but should have the stomach to take a few blows and not place false blame.  Most motives are selfish and that makes shit happen.  I'm all for that.  On the other side, discouragement of trial and error of improving this technology is ridiculous.  A trader needs to accept his losses and move on instead of shouting angrily that he wants a pump to get out.  Emotional traders lose money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 09:48:08 PM

Hi @Alben........ You can check my post history...... I never complain about the price/value of anything.....it is what it is..... I don't own any VRC never owned any VRM....I've sold out some time ago(VRC) and am very

happy  with my profit. I do believe that digital currency is here to stay, and that there will be some very smart features introduced at some stage. My bitch is about too many ICO's that promise but never/under

deliver. The majority of Alts have no/limited use apart from trading. As a trader I accept my loss's and try to learn from them, I have never shouted angrily that I need a pump to get out. As for emotional/attachment

issues I care only about profit...if I see a good enough price move I sell everything and move on to the next opportunity....anything else would be madness. Happy trading to all...just don't believe the hype

Cheers Jon  Cool

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
Alben

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 11:31:24 PM

Hi @Alben........ You can check my post history...... I never complain about the price/value of anything.....it is what it is..... I don't own any VRC never owned any VRM....I've sold out some time ago(VRC) and am very

happy  with my profit. I do believe that digital currency is here to stay, and that there will be some very smart features introduced at some stage. My bitch is about too many ICO's that promise but never/under

deliver. The majority of Alts have no/limited use apart from trading. As a trader I accept my loss's and try to learn from them, I have never shouted angrily that I need a pump to get out. As for emotional/attachment

issues I care only about profit...if I see a good enough price move I sell everything and move on to the next opportunity....anything else would be madness. Happy trading to all...just don't believe the hype

Cheers Jon  Cool
I respect that and just to be clear I wasn't meaning you about emotion and wanting to just pump etc.  I got into vrc a few months ago and was lucky to sell some at 17000 Satoshi.  I typically range trade because the spreads are so high it's crazy profitable for those who can be patient with certain trades.  I understand critiquing ICOs.  Maybe Verium shouldn't have been an ICO..idk.  I know that one of Vericoin's struggles is having no marketing.  So it becomes a catch 22.  If there is zero hype, there is unfortunately much less chance of aspects of the technology being properly recognized for issues they solve.  Ideally the hype comes from users but you have to market to even have a chance to eventually have a user base.  I encourage people to do their own research and to trade without emotion.  I want people to invest in VeriCoin because I think it has some unique and brilliant (and necessary) components to the future of decentralized money, and awkwardly enough it takes investments and a growing market cap to be on people's radar. But I highly discourage anyone from investing more than a small amount.  At this stage it's essentially priced like a penny stock.  As much as I like the specifics, the market cap is what it is.  If the price goes to zero tomorrow I would of course lose money, wish the devs well in life, and go on investing and staying diversified.  For now the technology is still being developed and while there are low priced coins they are not dead at all from a development side.
RJF19

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 01:39:51 AM

Cheers Jon  Cool
I respect that and just to be clear I wasn't meaning you about emotion and wanting to just pump etc.  I got into vrc a few months ago and was lucky to sell some at 17000 Satoshi.  I typically range trade because the spreads are so high it's crazy profitable for those who can be patient with certain trades.  I understand critiquing ICOs.  Maybe Verium shouldn't have been an ICO..idk.  I know that one of Vericoin's struggles is having no marketing.  So it becomes a catch 22.  If there is zero hype, there is unfortunately much less chance of aspects of the technology being properly recognized for issues they solve.  Ideally the hype comes from users but you have to market to even have a chance to eventually have a user base.  I encourage people to do their own research and to trade without emotion.  I want people to invest in VeriCoin because I think it has some unique and brilliant (and necessary) components to the future of decentralized money, and awkwardly enough it takes investments and a growing market cap to be on people's radar. But I highly discourage anyone from investing more than a small amount.  At this stage it's essentially priced like a penny stock.  As much as I like the specifics, the market cap is what it is.  If the price goes to zero tomorrow I would of course lose money, wish the devs well in life, and go on investing and staying diversified.  For now the technology is still being developed and while there are low priced coins they are not dead at all from a development side.

Very well said. It is so self depreciating when people come into a forum claiming to own a stake in whatever coin and then, start bashing the Devs, the marketing, the development, etc. If they REALLY owned any doesn't logic dictate that they not TRY to drive the price down by bashing the product? Or, is that the point? Drive it down and buy, remain silent and sell? In reality, all you have to do is buy in, keep silent and wait. But of course, human nature prevents that from happening.

Makes one think they are all trolls. If I had a problem with the Devs I would PM them and work it out, not air my complaints and accusations in public for all to see. Oh well, no accounting for human nature...

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2016, 11:14:47 PM

VeriCoin 1.6.5.2 is now available via check for update in the help menu or www.vericoin.info

This is a maintenance update that improves syncing speed and reduces number of inputs while staking, for better performance overall but especially on large wallets. Additionally this update further improves staking efficiency. It also adds the new dnsseeder address and improves staking indicators in the user-interface.
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2016, 12:05:54 AM

VeriCoin 1.6.5.2 is now available via check for update in the help menu or www.vericoin.info

This is a maintenance update that improves syncing speed and reduces number of inputs while staking, for better performance overall but especially on large wallets. Additionally this update further improves staking efficiency. It also adds the new dnsseeder address and improves staking indicators in the user-interface.

Another good step forward, thanks for the update.
Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2016, 12:18:01 AM
Last edit: October 15, 2016, 12:32:30 AM by Majormax

Cheers Jon  Cool

The trading of alts attracts a lot of new capital over time, with the lure of profit, thus helping distribution of the eventual winners. . What you say is quite logical.. However, there have been or will be in future, a small number of blockchains that thrive and reach real world application status. The coins which still have ongoing development, especially those with a novel structure, are in with a chance, although most will not make it and , as you say, are just trading counters (in hindsight). Traders focussing only on profit are an important part of a liquid market, I would agree, but the big winners will go through a long series of price inflation moves, and it would not be madness to retain some proportion indefinitely. It is hard to predict where evolution goes, and how.

I believe that VRC and VRM are among the shortlist of, perhaps a few dozen that have that possibility. Crypto is , even now, still in its early stages.

Just interested to know trading mindsets : If you dont own any VRC now, what makes you interested in continuing to follow it ?  For myself, once I have sold out of a coin, I dont post on its thread, because there are more than enough new opportunities to investigate.  What might motivate you to buy VRC again ?
jd1959

Activity: 529

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 02:11:13 AM

Hi @Majormax.......my mindset is watching price fluctuations and trading volumes ........ I do my own calculations and look to buy in low, close to the bottom. I find that if I'm close to correct I make A good percentage

of profit ..if I'm wrong it's usually down the drain and dead coin and I'm lucky to get back much of my investment. I watch many threads just to get a feel of what's going on, I sometimes can't help myself when I see

Fanboys hyping something and just fire off a broadside (nobody told me I couldn't have a bit of fun). As for buying more VRC it's getting close to my calculated buy in price

Cheers Jon Cool

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2016, 11:16:05 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2016, 09:59:42 AM by Majormax

Hi @Majormax.......my mindset is watching price fluctuations and trading volumes ........ I do my own calculations and look to buy in low, close to the bottom. I find that if I'm close to correct I make A good percentage

of profit ..if I'm wrong it's usually down the drain and dead coin and I'm lucky to get back much of my investment. I watch many threads just to get a feel of what's going on, I sometimes can't help myself when I see

Fanboys hyping something and just fire off a broadside (nobody told me I couldn't have a bit of fun). As for buying more VRC it's getting close to my calculated buy in price

Cheers Jon Cool

OK, thanks for the reply !

I agree about the 'fanboy' comments. You will nearly always get abuse for critical comments. Quite often the real koolaid drinkers cannot distinguish constructive criticism from outright trolling.
souljah1h
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

Hyperspace snail

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2016, 08:33:27 AM
Last edit: October 16, 2016, 10:39:13 AM by souljah1h

https://www.vericoinforums.com/threads/vericoin-1-6-5-2-released.1454/

_@/'
bitChipper

Activity: 896
Merit: 290

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 09:20:52 AM

37.94% APR?

What's going on?
blackfan73

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 10:56:17 AM

My new wallet 1.6.5.2 still syncing,not staking about 16 hours.
I have18 connections.What should I do ?
RJF19

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 01:10:59 PM

My new wallet 1.6.5.2 still syncing,not staking about 16 hours.
I have18 connections.What should I do ?

I would say, as long as it's moving forward, just wait. Lots of history to download...

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
bitChipper

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 01:22:09 PM

i see a fork, anybody else ?

How can you tell it's a fork? I can tell something isn't right, wallet acting weird and the interest rate jacked up to 42% for some reason.
bitChipper

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 01:24:58 PM

How can you tell it's a fork? I can tell something isn't right, wallet acting weird and the interest rate jacked up to 42% for some reason.

several nodes on one chain, several on the other, 0.16.5.2 is not friendly to 0.16.5.0

https://www.vericoinforums.com/threads/stake-your-vericoin.1016/page-21#post-21776

will probably be another update today
innominatus

Activity: 126

You have to get lost before you can find yourself.

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 01:32:29 PM

DEV, can i translate it to Lithuanian and get a bounty for that? would like to have some Vericoins
souljah1h
Legendary

Hyperspace snail

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2016, 01:47:12 PM

several nodes on one chain, several on the other, 0.16.5.2 is not friendly to 0.16.5.0

https://www.vericoinforums.com/threads/stake-your-vericoin.1016/page-21#post-21776

will probably be another update today

_@/'
lvt2207

Activity: 187

ScryptWaves - Combine the best of Waves and Scrypt

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 01:50:45 PM

A community is always exciting
VRC is still a good choice  Wink

souljah1h
Legendary

Hyperspace snail

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2016, 02:03:19 PM

A community is always exciting
VRC is still a good choice  Wink
Thanks for your kind words, will check Pesobit.

_@/'
effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2016, 02:12:15 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2016, 02:23:35 PM by effectsToCause

Hey guys found root of the problem, 1.6.5.2 change in stake splitting was too aggressive for the number of actual staking inputs on the network currently, so coins are being staked too fast and then sitting for maturity and this is destabilizing blockrate which destabilizes difficulty and caused forking.  1.6.5.3 will be released today with good stake splitting parameters and longest chain will be connected to automatically when the wallet finds a node on it once the blocktime is equilibrated, or you can reload blockchain to get on longest chain quickly.
Pages: « 1 ... 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 [918] 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: