Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:55:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 [939] 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355393 times)
Cryptonite310

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 06:12:46 PM

Finally got my account up again, I rarely ever come to this BitCoinTalk thread because it's usually negative talk, but still, in the crypto community, it's a good place for chat.

I agree development is slow. There are a few updates every now and then where someone will give a short spew of information as to what's going on, but that's something that they could work on a little is giving us updates. Once a week seems good enough, even if one of them were to come here and say something like

"I haven't done much this week, all I got done was 2 lines of code and a test here and there"

But I am interested in what this other developer is going to be announced. I think Pat said something about that earlier is that they want to make sure he's going to be a developer that's going to stay around for a while before we know who it is. Maybe they haven't chosen a developer yet, I'm not sure.
But it's good to see that we are having other 3rd party developers work with VeriCoin as well, because they will be making the apps that hopefully we will be using and giving VeriCoin a real world implication.

Trust me Warrrrrrrrr, or whatever your name is...

When the next spur of updates come... The market will respond with it, as will the prices.

Next up we'll see are the updates of the VeriCoin and Verium wallets, and after that the chains will be interconnected. Until then, we have to wait for the Verium hash rate to rise, as it has been doing over time. (If you know a bunch of people that want to donate their CPU power to Verium to help out the hash rate, please do, otherwise it'll rise on it's own as more and more people figure out that they can CPU mine still).

The past couple of months have been the best time to invest in VeriCoin. The price hasn't really changed much, +/- $0.015-0.02 at most.

In the next year... I would predict it to rise as high as $0.1.
Not a crazy high price, but still we aren't as big as the Ethereum project.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2017, 11:54:44 PM

The market dictates that I'm not alone while other coins are doing $100,000 of dollar in volume this coin is struggling most days to get $5K.  

5k daily volume is reasonable for a small alt. There are around a dozen coins with a larger market cap which are doing less volume.

Development is not as fast as some, and the number of committed (and full time) devs will always be the  #1 critical issue for most coins. If there are not enough new devs coming on board, the project can be in a downwards spiral.

The most important thing that stretched devs can do is to keep the network healthy. Forward progress can wait until there is enough resouce.
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 09:20:50 PM

Confused at why Verium has value???

I can understand Vericoin but why would Verium hold any value if it is just mined and dumped?

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
MAD945

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 04:01:09 AM

I can understand Vericoin but why would Verium hold any value if it is just mined and dumped?

Artificially pumped, i don't care more free btc for me i keep dumping and buying vrm...  (Useless coin no value)    vrc... 3.8k  i wont let it.... all you are dreaming!!!!!!

Don't mind him, he's just the local village idiot

MAD945

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 04:55:55 AM

Verium is an ASIC and GPU resistant CPU only minable digital asset. As being one of the only CPU PoWT digital assets it puts it in reach of everyone and not just not a few rich people who are able to put mass amounts of resources into ASICs or GPUs and centralize mining.

I see Verium as a store of value and will be required to do anonymous decentralized trading between Vericoin and Verium. Gold to cash, cash to gold. A dual blockchain financial ecosystem.

When the developers finish the in wallet trading between Vericoin and Verium. Truely anonymous, decentralized, obsticated, untraceable transactions, it will be a game changer.

But that's just my opinion
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 05:51:57 AM

Verium is an ASIC and GPU resistant CPU only minable digital asset. As being one of the only CPU PoWT digital assets it puts it in reach of everyone and not just not a few rich people who are able to put mass amounts of resources into ASICs or GPUs and centralize mining.

I see Verium as a store of value and will be required to do anonymous decentralized trading between Vericoin and Verium. Gold to cash, cash to gold. A dual blockchain financial ecosystem.

When the developers finish the in wallet trading between Vericoin and Verium. Truely anonymous, decentralized, obsticated, untraceable transactions, it will be a game changer.

I thought a big reason why there are so few CPU PoW assets was because they are vulnerable to botnets.  If verium is supposed to act as gold will CPU mining provide enough security?
Cryptonite310

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 09:07:24 AM

Let's not all jump too far ahead of ourselves. There's much to be done, and this is just the start.
Cryptonite310

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 06:26:18 PM

I thought a big reason why there are so few CPU PoW assets was because they are vulnerable to botnets.  If verium is supposed to act as gold will CPU mining provide enough security?
Yes, CPU mining with it's memory requirements and running along 2 blockchains and a bunch of other things I don't totally understand it's enough security. This is one of the most secure coins out there.
MAD945

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 02:03:54 AM

Yes, CPU mining with it's memory requirements and running along 2 blockchains and a bunch of other things I don't totally understand it's enough security. This is one of the most secure coins out there.

Bingo...Vericoin is one of the most decentralized and secure crypto currencies out there with PoST. Verium is along the same lines with PoWT. With the massive memory requirements and how it's mined, botnets wouldn't be very profitable.
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 02:21:56 AM

Bingo...Vericoin is one of the most decentralized and secure crypto currencies out there with PoST. Verium is along the same lines with PoWT. With the massive memory requirements and how it's mined, botnets wouldn't be very profitable.

I was imagining something more along the lines of a direct attack but I'll take your word for it.  Nothing to worry about  Undecided
MAD945

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 02:42:56 AM

I was imagining something more along the lines of a direct attack but I'll take your word for it.  Nothing to worry about  Undecided

I'm sure the devs can give a more definitive answer...I'll ask them to give more clarification.
MAD945

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 03:47:42 AM

Artificially pumped, i don't care more free btc for me i keep dumping and buying vrm...  (Useless coin no value)    vrc... 3.8k  i wont let it.... all you are dreaming!!!!!!

and making happen!!!!

Sure you are bud, sure you are Roll Eyes
statdude
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 05:26:44 PM

I'm sure the devs can give a more definitive answer...I'll ask them to give more clarification.

I'm still confused... as a BTC user I could care less about mining... what is the use case ?? Use case = value not mining mumbo jumbo.

I really do want to buy Verium as it looks cheap but I'm not convinced. Maybe I'll stick to Vericoin. Does Verium award you Vericoin or anything?

Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
yaooke

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Vincit qui se vincit.

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 05:05:11 PM

I bought some vericoin, price looks interesting, thanks.

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Your Digital Network | 10MB Blocks
Algo: XEVAN | DK3 | Masternodes
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
CoinPayments | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Cryptonite310

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 03:27:17 AM

Price will keep rising and rising!
MAD945

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 04:07:52 AM

and making happen!!!!

good boy do what pappa wants!!!! keep pumping

Dad? But I thought you ran off with the goat!
statdude
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 04:52:01 AM

and making happen!!!!

I still never really got an answer. Sounds like Verium will be a pass for me. Don't see the value prop for crypto users. Good luck!

Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
yaooke

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Vincit qui se vincit.

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 08:54:23 AM

Price will keep rising and rising!

Looks like it did a rounding bottom to me.

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Your Digital Network | 10MB Blocks
Algo: XEVAN | DK3 | Masternodes
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
CoinPayments | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
MAD945

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 09:54:08 PM

and making happen!!!!

I still never really got an answer. Sounds like Verium will be a pass for me. Don't see the value prop for crypto users. Good luck!

Sorry I thought I responded, my bad Cool

"My understanding is the main benefit is that it will increase security of the blockchain once activated through AUX mining. Mining Verium will secure the Vericoin blockchain and the Verium blockchain. Miners will receive Vericoin and Verium for there mining efforts. One of the major reasons given why Bitcoin has so much value is it is the blockchain with the highest security factor. POS chains are considered insecure by many in this space, so moving to a hybrid model where Vericoin is mined via POS and POW will reduce the attack vector.

An additional benefit is that VRM will be swappable to VRC and back again directly in the wallet via an automatic transfer mechanism which will be decentralized, untraceable and anonymous. The ratio should be 1 VRM = 10 VRC in theory. I believe the developers may be looking at having a required amount in the wallet to do the swap. So as to fund an account and hold some Vericoin and Verium to do the swap.

VRM is kind of like a sidechain to VRC but maybe we should think of it the other way round. In the future VRM would be the store of value and VRC would be used for day to day transactions because of the low fees, and instant transfer and the most secure blockchain."

I borrowed this quote from a member of the community and alternated it a bit.
Cryptonite310

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 02:28:39 AM

and making happen!!!!

Sorry I thought I responded, my bad Cool

"My understanding is the main benefit is that it will increase security of the blockchain once activated through AUX mining. Mining Verium will secure the Vericoin blockchain and the Verium blockchain. Miners will receive Vericoin and Verium for there mining efforts. One of the major reasons given why Bitcoin has so much value is it is the blockchain with the highest security factor. POS chains are considered insecure by many in this space, so moving to a hybrid model where Vericoin is mined via POS and POW will reduce the attack vector.

An additional benefit is that VRM will be swappable to VRC and back again directly in the wallet via an automatic transfer mechanism which will be decentralized, untraceable and anonymous. The ratio should be 1 VRM = 10 VRC in theory. I believe the developers may be looking at having a required amount in the wallet to do the swap. So as to fund an account and hold some Vericoin and Verium to do the swap.

VRM is kind of like a sidechain to VRC but maybe we should think of it the other way round. In the future VRM would be the store of value and VRC would be used for day to day transactions because of the low fees, and instant transfer and the most secure blockchain."

I borrowed this quote from a member of the community and alternated it a bit.
I thought that sounded familiar.

This sounds like an interesting concept to having 2 block chains working together and for each other.

But here's a question thought.....

If we are storing our value in Verium, why do that if there's an incentive to keep your value in VeriCoin -- as because if we are staking our coins we earn interest, thus creating more value for us. If it's stored in Verium we are not earning anything.
Pages: « 1 ... 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 [939] 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: