Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:05:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
sdmathis

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 03:46:26 AM

I've been investing my time and money in the crypto currency world for just short of a month.

Once upon a time a long, long, time ago I was a programmer. I'm an end user now. I probably wouldn't be able to make heads or tails when comparing any code.

::)Never mind the extreme coding which makes the  crypto-currency universe spin. Huh

I believe the concept Satashoi envisioned is the answer to the difficulties which plague our reality.

In the 3 weeks I've been actively involved with Altcoins, I've learned the guys who put me onto this stuff weren't kidding when they told me to watch out it was the "Wild West".

I've run into some out and out scammers and some great folks too. Just like the real world Satoshi is trying to deal  with in his "Genius System" Grin Huh Roll Eyes Grin

Imho Vericoin is all good with great ideas and blends of Altcoin inovations, with concerned, knowledgeable, and helpul dev's that R putting maximum effort into their Vericoin enterprise'

I haven't seen any coin Launch" smoothly, without incident. Hash Farms with incomprehensible amounts of Hash in their arsenal attack, or
manipulate price routinley on new issues when they're most vulnerable.

Vericoin has weathered the storm and my belief in it extended to  me selling off a large % of the coins I'd mined since the start and buying Vericoin.

Then 25% went poof! I remained patient but after more and more of the same problems' (Forking & Wallet syncing) I've change course as is learnable in my recent posts.

Transparency, trust, and a performing product r the keys to any business venture. VeriCoin ALMOST has it all and my hope is they end up on Alpha-Centuri.

I'm holding a small bag and may do some trading in VeriCoin,

Learned a lot from these guys on the IRC and this board. I'm gonna study up on how to follow "Block Chains" so I can make better decsions on what I think is going on?

I could be missing out on a great coin and $$$$$$ but so be it.

I know that you were a great believer in VeriCoin, then there was some frustration. I'm glad that you are maintaining at least a small bag. That means that you still have some faith.

Sometimes, it's a good idea to step back for a while and let things sort themselves out. This seems to be what you are doing. I support that. I believe that we will see some great things out of this coin, and just because you are selling part of your bag, that doesn't mean that you can't buy back in the future.

The price will go up and down, but I believe that there will be an upward trend. Perhaps, after a while, you will decide to buy VeriCoin again on a dip in price. I hope so because our community is stronger with you than it is without you.

Good luck in the crypto-world and watch that small bag of your remaining VeriCoin, because I think you will be amazed at how big it will grow.

You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
robertdivaio

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:53:49 AM

Wallet finally synched thanks to pcmerc follow his instructions it works!
testbug

Activity: 883
Merit: 556

cryptohamstr.com - Pool OP

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:03:23 AM

I've been investing my time and money in the crypto currency world for just short of a month.

Once upon a time a long, long, time ago I was a programmer. I'm an end user now. I probably wouldn't be able to make heads or tails when comparing any code.

::)Never mind the extreme coding which makes the  crypto-currency universe spin. Huh

I believe the concept Satashoi envisioned is the answer to the difficulties which plague our reality.

In the 3 weeks I've been actively involved with Altcoins, I've learned the guys who put me onto this stuff weren't kidding when they told me to watch out it was the "Wild West".

I've run into some out and out scammers and some great folks too. Just like the real world Satoshi is trying to deal  with in his "Genius System" Grin Huh Roll Eyes Grin

Imho Vericoin is all good with great ideas and blends of Altcoin inovations, with concerned, knowledgeable, and helpul dev's that R putting maximum effort into their Vericoin enterprise'

I haven't seen any coin Launch" smoothly, without incident. Hash Farms with incomprehensible amounts of Hash in their arsenal attack, or

Vericoin has weathered the storm and my belief in it extended to  me selling off a large % of the coins I'd mined since the start and buying Vericoin.

Then 25% went poof! I remained patient but after more and more of the same problems' (Forking & Wallet syncing) I've change course as is learnable in my recent posts.

Transparency, trust, and a performing product r the keys to any business venture. VeriCoin ALMOST has it all and my hope is they end up on Alpha-Centuri.

Learned a lot from these guys on the IRC and this board. I'm gonna study up on how to follow "Block Chains" so I can make better decsions on what I think is going on?

I know that you were a great believer in VeriCoin, then there was some frustration. I'm glad that you are maintaining at least a small bag. That means that you still have some faith.

Sometimes, it's a good idea to step back for a while and let things sort themselves out. This seems to be what you are doing. I support that. I believe that we will see some great things out of this coin, and just because you are selling part of your bag, that doesn't mean that you can't buy back in the future.

The price will go up and down, but I believe that there will be an upward trend. Perhaps, after a while, you will decide to buy VeriCoin again on a dip in price. I hope so because our community is stronger with you than it is without you.

Good luck in the crypto-world and watch that small bag of your remaining VeriCoin, because I think you will be amazed at how big it will grow.

Wallet update will be out in a few minutes, should fix many problems.
Prepare for price increase, maybe buy in now. Don't think it will be so cheap again (could be wrong, but i still have much/most trust on vericoin).
YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:23:22 AM

Now that we got out some weak hands - time to take it back up.
Getting back on the path we were on from the start.
PatCash79

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:37:09 AM

it's time to buy again
effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761
Merit: 505

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 07:44:22 AM

Wallet update will be out in a few minutes, should fix many problems.
Prepare for price increase, maybe buy in now. Don't think it will be so cheap again (could be wrong, but i still have much/most trust on vericoin).

Doing a couple test cases in IRC, update coming shortly
johndec2

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:55:41 AM

I got paid for all the coins I mined before the first fork.  Of course I didn't get paid for any coins mined after the fork as they were worthless.  If you are hoping to get paid for coins mined on a fork, you are dreaming...

http://188.226.139.209/MPOS/public/index.php?page=login When will the pool Why don't give money?

My address is
VBD5cu4Cnm3BbxT5mYjtk1g7wBWzSCtwM5
effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761
Merit: 505

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 08:38:47 AM

Wallet 1.1 update released!

1. This update is mandatory, we need as many nodes as possible connected to a stable main chain now.

2. Forget the vericoin.conf file parameters, this release has the optimal settings hard coded into the wallet.  No conf.

3. Please reload your blockchain fresh.

Go to:

-Windows
  %appdata%\Roaming\VeriCoin

-Mac
  ~/Library/Appplication\ Support/Vericoin/

Backup up wallet.dat and keep it there, delete everything else in that folder.

4. Open vericoin-qt

5. Let it sync up to the network.

Download wallets here: http://www.vericoin.info/

Uncommon issues:

1. If you get a wallet.dat error on the wallet window, you have a corrupted wallet.dat file follow these steps:

Click on the help menu, then Debug window, now click on the console tab.
In the text field type in this command with your receive address (public address)

dumpprivkey <address>

copy and paste this key into a text file.

Close vericoin-qt

Now delete everything in directory mentioned above including wallet.dat (best to keep a backup)

Now open vericoin-qt

In console tab mentioned above now type this with your private key from text file

importprivkey <privatekey>

2. Your sync get's stuck:  PM me the block you're stuck at (stuck more than 2 minutes), I may need to add a checkpoint for an old fork that I didn't know about, that should resolve the problem

3.  If you lost coin after updating, unfortunately it never really existed in the first place because it was duplicate coin for a given block on a bad fork.

Any other issue please PM the issue. 

flex65

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:43:44 AM

it's time to buy again

you lucky if you can buy )))

f**k, i bought my vrc when pricw was 2197....
now time for winners....
i think even 3000 sat for vrc its a low price

upd: my wallet again works fine.
21807 last block
flex65

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:49:09 AM

omg....
price for now never back again....
im very saddened...
1700 sat.... somebody can do x2 profit very easy...
foxy

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:57:14 AM

so far so good!

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
insanedumps

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:59:58 AM

panic buying incoming
HunterS

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 09:09:48 AM

Wallet 1.1 update released!

1. This update is mandatory, we need as many nodes as possible connected to a stable main chain now.

2. Forget the vericoin.conf file parameters, this release has the optimal settings hard coded into the wallet.  No conf.

3. Please reload your blockchain fresh.

Go to:

-Windows
  %appdata%\Roaming\VeriCoin

-Mac
  ~/Library/Appplication\ Support/Vericoin/

Backup up wallet.dat and keep it there, delete everything else in that folder.

4. Open vericoin-qt

5. Let it sync up to the network.

Download wallets here: http://www.vericoin.info/

Uncommon issues:

1. If you get a wallet.dat error on the wallet window, you have a corrupted wallet.dat file follow these steps:

Click on the help menu, then Debug window, now click on the console tab.
In the text field type in this command with your receive address (public address)

dumpprivkey <address>

copy and paste this key into a text file.

Close vericoin-qt

Now delete everything in directory mentioned above including wallet.dat (best to keep a backup)

Now open vericoin-qt

In console tab mentioned above now type this with your private key from text file

importprivkey <privatekey>

2. Your sync get's stuck:  PM me the block you're stuck at (stuck more than 2 minutes), I may need to add a checkpoint for an old fork that I didn't know about, that should resolve the problem

3.  If you lost coin after updating, unfortunately it never really existed in the first place because it was duplicate coin for a given block on a bad fork.

Any other issue please PM the issue.  

johndec2

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 09:31:20 AM

Updating. What's one more block chain download between friends!!  Must be up to about 20  Roll Eyes
dasource

Activity: 821
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 10:15:57 AM

Has no-one set up a block explorer with rich lists? devs touch base with me if you want.

^ I am with STUPID!
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 11:22:15 AM

New wallet installed and synced successfully on my mac:)
insanedumps

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 11:24:19 AM

same here on windows fully sync
HunterS

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 11:33:42 AM

yep wallet updated and synced and running like a charm on windows 8.1

PatCash79

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 11:35:52 AM

this coin has a bright future ahead.
mctaino

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 12:11:43 PM

Fully Synched Wallet
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: