Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:56:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 02:32:28 PM

does this coin already have encrypted messaging implemented?
All cryptos derived from Bitcoin have message signing which can be used for encryption.

Are you the developer of this coin or somebody else is working on the code and you are just acting as the "face" of the development team? By the way how is that PhD going?

Rubber Monkey is Media PR guy.

Effects to Cause, Pnosker, coders

Not sure what classifies one as a (Developer).

Many knowledgeable and Helpful folks on IRC, Test Bug, Devorn, pcmerc, sdmathias and others = unknown status but on board/holders?

There have been a couple of Fudders on IRC but they can't stand up to positive , transparent, vigilant moderator.

Announcement pending on Anon additions, encrypted messaging, Optimized Buying Algo (OBA), Coin Mixing, and MORE!!  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Alns

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 02:37:06 PM

The price is moving on BTT.

Still very undervaluated imo. I think at least 15k is a fair price for VRC.
pnosker

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 02:42:02 PM

All cryptos derived from Bitcoin have message signing which can be used for encryption.

Are you the developer of this coin or somebody else is working on the code and you are just acting as the "face" of the development team? By the way how is that PhD going?

EffectsToCause and I are the developers (you can see who the devs are on the Github commit list).

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 02:44:00 PM

EffectsToCause and I are the developers (you can see who the devs are on the Github commit list).

hi, devs. very promising coin.

do we have any eta for anon features? thanks
pnosker

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 02:49:40 PM

No ETA. We are testing it now. We can't run large scale tests until we have some VRC in our ring nodes. We are looking for donations to go to VWtaoEnHHaGrA7TW9P2YBo8ZYetAVak2Wh. They will be used for our mixer.

We don't give ETAs but rather release when we're ready. That way nobody is disappointed if we don't meet the ETA and nobody can go buy up all the cheap coin to dump after the announcement.

cyberhacker
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 02:55:38 PM

No ETA. We are testing it now. We can't run large scale tests until we have some VRC in our ring nodes. We are looking for donations to go to VWtaoEnHHaGrA7TW9P2YBo8ZYetAVak2Wh. They will be used for our mixer.

We don't give ETAs but rather release when we're ready. That way nobody is disappointed if we don't meet the ETA and nobody can go buy up all the cheap coin to dump after the announcement.

interesting.

do we have whitepaper or some brief introduction on how to realize anonymity? 
pnosker

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 02:56:20 PM

VeriSend

We are looking to raise 100,000 VRC to our VeriSend bounty address. All coins will be used only for mixing purposes and will not be spent. Please donate to VWtaoEnHHaGrA7TW9P2YBo8ZYetAVak2Wh.

We have a test implementation of our VeriSend feature that we've been working on since the coin's inception. We thought it would be fun to drop far after the launch of the coin so the early adopters could be rewarded for investing in such a cool coin. I've been disappointed in the lack of community behind the coin, however. With the pastebin crashing prices and only Rubber_Monkey/sdmathis taking the lead for PR/Marketing, barely anybody knows about VeriCoin. Our sub Reddit is empty. We aren't being tweeted about nearly enough. Nobody is talking about VRC in the Poloniex chatbox. People aren't pestering MintPal and Cryptsy to add us.

These things need to change before we release any details. effectsToCause and I have put a LOT of our time and ideas into this coin. Right now it seems that not many people like them or care enough to help us get VeriCoin out into the world. If nobody cares, we could simply just sell off our ANON implementation to another coin that's willing to pay (XLB has a 7 BTC+ bounty for ANON for example). I'd rather see our coin grow. I want the community to form and start to get the word about VeriCoin out there.

So here are some benchmarks I will be looking for before we release details about how VeriSend will work:

I want to see the coin trading at 5000 satoshi. I don't care how it gets there. The value is WAY too low right now for a coin of this substance.
I want to see people joining the Sub Reddit (www.reddit.com/r/vericoin) and posting there.
I want to see people talking about VeriCoin in the Poloniex Chat box.
I want to see people talking about VeriCoin on twitter.
I want to see people writing articles about VeriCoin on blogs and news sites.

Get these done and you will see the most innovative/speedy/secure ANON system to ever be implemented into a cryptocurrency.

cyberhacker
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 03:04:28 PM

VeriSend

We are looking to raise 100,000 VRC to our VeriSend bounty address. All coins will be used only for mixing purposes and will not be spent. Please donate to VWtaoEnHHaGrA7TW9P2YBo8ZYetAVak2Wh.

We have a test implementation of our VeriSend feature that we've been working on since the coin's inception. We thought it would be fun to drop far after the launch of the coin so the early adopters could be rewarded for investing in such a cool coin. I've been disappointed in the lack of community behind the coin, however. With the pastebin crashing prices and only Rubber_Monkey/sdmathis taking the lead for PR/Marketing, barely anybody knows about VeriCoin. Our sub Reddit is empty. We aren't being tweeted about nearly enough. Nobody is talking about VRC in the Poloniex chatbox. People aren't pestering MintPal and Cryptsy to add us.

These things need to change before we release any details. effectsToCause and I have put a LOT of our time and ideas into this coin. Right now it seems that not many people like them or care enough to help us get VeriCoin out into the world. If nobody cares, we could simply just sell off our ANON implementation to another coin that's willing to pay (XLB has a 7 BTC+ bounty for ANON for example). I'd rather see our coin grow. I want the community to form and start to get the word about VeriCoin out there.

So here are some benchmarks I will be looking for before we release details about how VeriSend will work:

I want to see the coin trading at 5000 satoshi. I don't care how it gets there. The value is WAY too low right now for a coin of this substance.
I want to see people joining the Sub Reddit (www.reddit.com/r/vericoin) and posting there.

Get these done and you will see the most innovative/speedy/secure ANON system to ever be implemented into a cryptocurrency.

XLB is a scam. i think no one want to sell a money printer to scammer only for 7BTC.

if you give out some hint or teaser, i think the price will jump immediately.

all depends on you devs. not community.

if the anon feature legit, community will grow.
pnosker

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 03:08:31 PM

VeriSend

XLB is a scam. i think no one want to sell a money printer to scammer only for 7BTC.

It's both. But I'd rather release it to a community that already cares instead of one that only will care once it arrives.

foxy

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 03:09:08 PM

I am an early adopter but I think you might be going about this the wrong way. It's releasing information that gets people doing those things of their own accord. Holding it to ransom just makes it seem like artificial pumping fodder. I personally have been really happy there's rarely any 'announcements of announcements to come' here.

Obviously I have a lot of faith in you guys, but I just felt that needed to be put out there. Don't let frustration cloud what you guys are doing, 'moon' will happen Smiley

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Alns

Activity: 602

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 03:10:15 PM

VeriSend

That is the key, the price is moving now, with a teaser of VeriSend the price jump will be very fast
cyberhacker
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 03:11:21 PM

I am an early adopter but I think you might be going about this the wrong way. It's releasing information that gets people doing those things of their own accord. Holding it to ransom just makes it seem like artificial pumping fodder. I personally have been really happy there's rarely any 'announcements of announcements to come' here.

Obviously I have a lot of faith in you guys, but I just felt that needed to be put out there. Don't let frustration cloud what you guys are doing, 'moon' will happen Smiley

+1.

if devs release something legit. 100,000 VRC will be nothing.
pnosker

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 03:16:21 PM

+1.

The thing is the math requires 100k+ VRC to anonymize transactions. We need the publicity to get the donations coming in. Once they are in, we can do full scale tests of our ANON and then release the new ANON wallet.

jackfruit

Activity: 416

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 03:20:08 PM

+1.

I have 100,000 VRC Sad I hope that's not nothing. BTW my wallet crashed (actually my PC crashed when my wallet was staking) and now my wallet doesn't seem to sync. What should I do?
fiftyseven

Activity: 427
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 03:20:29 PM

VeriSend

I've donated 10k. At the end of the day, this coin has a good dev who is just a little frustrated by the lack of rallying around what is in principle a great coin. I certainly was drawn to it because of the zero premine/no IPO and innovative PoS interest.

I'm not a huge fan of anon, but technical innovations have their places always in crypto and if VeriSend turns out to be a winner, there's no harm in pushing for it. Hope some others donate some too - what's the worst that can happen?
foxy

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 03:24:01 PM

Date: 6/4/2014 16:20
To: dev VWtaoEnHHaGrA7TW9P2YBo8ZYetAVak2Wh
Debit: -10000.00 VRC
Transaction fee: -0.0001 VRC
Net amount: -10000.0001 VRC
Transaction ID: 4e9f6a4772a572e28ff53a3b78977634e4b4c7c53025580a82f8ee8f4a31513c

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
pnosker

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 03:26:41 PM

Thanks for the donations guys. I knew I could count on the VeriCoin community to pull together.

Check the donation status here: http://blocks.vericoin.info/address/VWtaoEnHHaGrA7TW9P2YBo8ZYetAVak2Wh

100,000 is a minimum for testing. Ideally we would like 1 million VRC in the mixing nodes to make it really secure.

Basically, you want 20x the amount you want to anonymize to be in the nodes at once for the best security. A 100,000 VRC node is good for 5,000 VRC sends.

jackfruit

Activity: 416

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 03:28:13 PM

+1.

I have 100,000 VRC Sad I hope that's not nothing. BTW my wallet crashed (actually my PC crashed when my wallet was staking) and now my wallet doesn't seem to sync. What should I do?

I got it fixed - cleaned out my files in AppData folder (except for wallet.dat) and reinstalled. I'll donate a 3K to the anon project. Let's get to 100K donated!
ScottAllyn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

¿ʇɐɥʍ

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 03:33:40 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2014, 03:48:44 PM by ScottAllyn

8K towards the fund...

Date: 6/4/2014 11:14
To: VeriCoin Donations VWtaoEnHHaGrA7TW9P2YBo8ZYetAVak2Wh
Debit: -8000.00 VRC
Transaction fee: -0.01 VRC
Net amount: -8000.01 VRC
Transaction ID: 8a03a89901dca4fbea8eddc69d80a5d72f994ccc9002061c1b9f47779c83ec81

And another 8K+ to round out my balance. Cheesy

Date: 6/4/2014 11:43
To: VeriCoin Donations VWtaoEnHHaGrA7TW9P2YBo8ZYetAVak2Wh
Debit: -8302.73587326 VRC
Transaction fee: -0.01 VRC
Net amount: -8302.74587326 VRC
Transaction ID: 76e0efc63e36c9356fcef91c591ce286aa3a91b0f7908430fa5ec507dcf63d18

Ignored User Cleanup Script - Completely hide ignored users!
fiftyseven

Activity: 427
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 03:33:48 PM

Ideally we would like 1 million VRC in the mixing nodes to make it really secure.

So at the moment this would be the equivalent of removing around 3.73% of the total coin supply from circulation also? If the coins are 'in' a node are they spendable, or essentially stay there for eternity?

Edit: Actually this sounds a bit like DarkSend? So a node is just a wallet with a balance? In which case why the donations when anyone with 100k+ could elect themselves to be a VeriSend node?
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: