Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:45:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
Rage19420

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 10:58:40 PM

Any thoughts on this post in the XC thread?...

26,000,000 of VRC mined in a few weeks. this mean someone do have a lot of VRC to dump, just don't get caught holding bags. I have seen the dump from 12s to 5s like nothing, it don't even need 1,000,000 VRC. I would be nervous to have any VRC right now.

That could have happen at any time. But so far it hasn't.

Such is the life in crypto.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761
Merit: 505

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 11:13:55 PM

26,000,000 of VRC mined in a few weeks. this mean someone do have a lot of VRC to dump, just don't get caught holding bags. I have seen the dump from 12s to 5s like nothing, it don't even need 1,000,000 VRC. I would be nervous to have any VRC right now.

We shed most of the short term investors/miners after our first rally subsided in the second and third week.
SW84

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 11:21:02 PM

Can anyone give me basic instructions on how to install the VeriCoin Linux wallet on Mint 17 (Ubuntu)? The instructions on Github are confusing and I'm fairly new to this process.

I installed QT Creator and then opened the vericoin-qt.pro file, but now it's saying that it's using an invalid kit "Desktop" to parse the project. It's asking me to add a kit and I don't know where to find it. I assumed I'd just be able to hit "Build", but I clearly don't know what I'm doing.

I also tried doing it the other way by installing these packages:

apt-get install qt4-qmake libqt4-dev build-essential libboost-dev libboost-system-dev \
    libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-thread-dev \
    libssl-dev libdb4.8++-dev

However, libdb4.8++-dev apparently "has no installation candidate" and won't install. I found it online and installed it manually after I installed the other dependencies. When I go to run "qmake" and then "make", I'm uncertain what to specify with it, so this doesn't work either.

I'm sure my issues are coming from my lack of understanding when it comes to building packages.
effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761
Merit: 505

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 11:24:01 PM

Can anyone give me basic instructions on how to install the VeriCoin Linux wallet on Mint 17 (Ubuntu)? The instructions on Github are confusing and I'm fairly new to this process.

I installed QT Creator and then opened the vericoin-qt.pro file, but now it's saying that it's using an invalid kit "Desktop" to parse the project. It's asking me to add a kit and I don't know where to find it. I assumed I'd just be able to hit "Build", but I clearly don't know what I'm doing.

apt-get install qt4-qmake libqt4-dev build-essential libboost-dev libboost-system-dev \

However, libdb4.8++-dev apparently "has no installation candidate" and won't install. I found it online and installed it manually after I installed the other dependencies. When I go to run "qmake" and then "make", I'm uncertain what to specify with it, so this doesn't work either.

I'm sure my issues are coming from my lack of understanding when it comes to building packages.

Try this

sudo apt-get install qt4-qmake libqt4-dev build-essential libboost-dev libboost-system-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-thread-dev libssl-dev libdb++-dev libminiupnpc-dev libboost-all-dev libqrencode-dev git
kleineaap

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 11:32:05 PM

Is there a cloud mining possibility via digitalocean or the like? I've tried mining but was pulling 15khs heh...
Sorry I'm not so technically savvy. Thanks to the community, watching this thread is a pleasure!

EDIT: just an add up. I'd like to do it for the support, in the same way I keep my wallet running for the network. Hardcore mining is not in my interests Wink

| Minexcoin A new era of payments

LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
cryptworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 11:33:05 PM

Is there a cloud mining possibility via digitalocean or the like? I've tried mining but was pulling 15khs heh...
Sorry I'm not so technically savvy. Thanks to the community, watching this thread is a pleasure!
mining phase has finished
pnosker

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 11:37:21 PM

EDIT: just an add up. I'd like to do it for the support, in the same way I keep my wallet running for the network. Hardcore mining is not in my interests Wink

Yes, but it will be very very slow. Maybe Amazon AWS GPU rentals.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
SW84

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 11:42:19 PM

Try this

sudo apt-get install qt4-qmake libqt4-dev build-essential libboost-dev libboost-system-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-thread-dev libssl-dev libdb++-dev libminiupnpc-dev libboost-all-dev libqrencode-dev git

That worked instantly! I can now open the VeriCoin-qt. Thank you!
YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 12:18:56 AM

We shed most of the short term investors/miners after our first rally subsided in the second and third week.

Correct - there was a 3000 satoshi level reached already weeks ago that shed weak hands.
CatKiwi

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 12:42:32 AM

Correct - there was a 3000 satoshi level reached already weeks ago that shed weak hands.

Yep, remember folks this coin has more than increased 20 fold in the space of a fortnight - any sensible miner, even the most ardent bagholder, will have sold somewhere between a doubling in price and 5 times increase in price. You would have to be completely nuts to baghold after your coins increase 10 fold - that or you just forgot about them or went away away on holiday and didn't check the price lol

What we have now is people like myself who bought in somewhere between 5500 and 19,000. It's almost like a resetting of the scoreboard - From here the next threshold will be around 20,000. It's going to take some solid buy support (which we are lucky enough to have in the waiting) but should happen sometime in the next 12 hours. This, much like the Blackcoin moon launch, will not stop here. There's big money involved now, Big money seeks to make even more money. We can see pre-pump buys every couple hours on Mintpal - around 30 BTC at a time buying everything on offer 2000 Sat above the market price.

XC, DRK and Blackcoin are done. Once big money leaves a coin it will NEVER return to its former peaks - never has a coin gone on to make new ATHs once it has been deserted by the big boys. VRC is their new golden child - it should be around 0.001 BTC per VRC within the next few days. As DRK and XC go down, VRC will go up. There is nothing out there right now to suck BTC away from VRC in any serious amount - its a safe bet.

zwiggel

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 12:52:28 AM

That could have happen at any time. But so far it hasn't.

Such is the life in crypto.

Yur stupid if you think that whales who have alot of coins are going to dump their stacks way below 50k. While the know this coin has everthing and lately pumps have gone alot higher then before. Look at XC coin. People kept buying at 100k and 200k cozz it had everything to keep going.
This one has 2 open devs and is really innovative
n00bnoxious

Activity: 280

Bitnation Development Team Member

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 01:00:22 AM

Try this

That worked instantly! I can now open the VeriCoin-qt. Thank you!

Please be careful compiling with non-4.8 libdb.... If you try and load that wallet on a Windows precompiled client, it will fail horribly.

The reason for this is the Windows version is compiled against libdb4.8++, and libdb5.x++ is NOT backwards compatible. A better bet might be to install libdb4.8++-dev from bitcoin's ppa and recompile from scratch. Bear in mind you should dump your address's private key first, then re-import it into the new wallet.
kleineaap

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 01:09:21 AM

Yep, remember folks this coin has more than increased 20 fold in the space of a fortnight - any sensible miner, even the most ardent bagholder, will have sold somewhere between a doubling in price and 5 times increase in price. You would have to be completely nuts to baghold after your coins increase 10 fold - that or you just forgot about them or went away away on holiday and didn't check the price lol

What we have now is people like myself who bought in somewhere between 5500 and 19,000. It's almost like a resetting of the scoreboard - From here the next threshold will be around 20,000. It's going to take some solid buy support (which we are lucky enough to have in the waiting) but should happen sometime in the next 12 hours. This, much like the Blackcoin moon launch, will not stop here. There's big money involved now, Big money seeks to make even more money. We can see pre-pump buys every couple hours on Mintpal - around 30 BTC at a time buying everything on offer 2000 Sat above the market price.

XC, DRK and Blackcoin are done. Once big money leaves a coin it will NEVER return to its former peaks - never has a coin gone on to make new ATHs once it has been deserted by the big boys. VRC is their new golden child - it should be around 0.001 BTC per VRC within the next few days. As DRK and XC go down, VRC will go up. There is nothing out there right now to suck BTC away from VRC in any serious amount - its a safe bet.

I share this opinion. Great analysis.

| Minexcoin A new era of payments

LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 01:13:00 AM

i am holding both XC and VRC from early beginning.

do not start any war between coins.

only bagholders are whining.

hail to XC and VRC.
CatKiwi

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 01:28:48 AM

i am holding both XC and VRC from early beginning.

do not start any war between coins.

only bagholders are whining.

hail to XC and VRC.

XC is a nice coin but the money is leaving it. Its a far cry from its 0.0046 glory days and is on a steady day on day decline. Sell it, buy VRC to trade with - the volume is such that you will make far more than just holding a coin waiting for a pump. Remember, it is twice as hard to go from 0.001 to 0.002 than it is to go from 0.002 to 0.001. XC will need to increase over 470% to achieve a new ATH - its just not going to happen, not while VRC is on the way up with no signs of stopping.

There is nothing worse than holding a bag of coins that you paid say 3BTC for only to see someone else buy the same amount of coins for just .5 BTC for example. Holders always lose in a down trending market.

Stratobitz
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 02:54:59 AM

Is there a link to a rich list wallet list?  A lot of twitter posts requesting this but no answers. I think it's becoming a bit of a point of concern.
pnosker

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 03:17:23 AM

Is there a link to a rich list wallet list?  A lot of twitter posts requesting this but no answers. I think it's becoming a bit of a point of concern.

No. Feel free to make one or fund the creation of one. I don't see many twitter posts requesting this. Honestly, a rich list doesn't do much for the coin. But the block chain is public so the onus is on you now.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 03:26:44 AM

Though I agree there have been multiple calls for a "Rich List" to be published. I don't understand Y they exist @ all. Can some one explain to me why they exist?

With all the concerns about privacy in society today why should others be privy to how many coins I have?

If people fear skullduggery I don't C how a "Rich List" is preventative. Unless I'm missing some crypto-world unwritten rule of ethics.

Or I could be mistaken in my understanding of how such a list is compiled.

I thought, only coins held in wallets can be counted for inclusion on the list. Coins held elsewhere, such as exchanges or off line (Cold Storage??) can't be accounted for.

Not to mention that  someone bent on larceny could have multiple wallets, with different addresses obfuscating their totals and intent.

Am I missing something or is a "Rich List" the stuff juveniles, and other small minded individuals perpetuate wanting to know who has the biggest, longest, fastest whatever?  
Stratobitz
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 03:27:23 AM

I have no clue how to make one, but would like to see one. Check twitter. There's been multiple requests.
Stratobitz
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 03:28:56 AM

Though I agree there have been multiple calls for a "Rich List" to be published. I don't understand Y they exist @ all. Can some one explain to me why they exist?

With all the concerns about privacy in society today why should others be privy to how many coins I have?

If people fear skullduggery I don't C how a "Rich List" is preventative. Unless I'm missing some crypto-world unwritten rule of ethics.

Or I could be mistaken in my understanding of how such a list is compiled.

I thought, only coins held in wallets can be counted for inclusion on the list. Coins held elsewhere, such as exchanges or off line (Cold Storage??) can't be accounted for.

Not to mention that  someone bent on larceny could have multiple wallets, with different addresses obfuscating their totals and intent.

I'm I missing something or is this "Rich List" the stuff juveniles, and other small minded individuals perpetuate wanting to know who has the biggest, longest, fastest whatever?  

Forget I asked. I'll post in twitter a link here that no it doesn't exist, and it doesn't look like there will be one. 
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: