Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:27:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 03:35:20 AM

Though I agree there have been multiple calls for a "Rich List" to be published. I don't understand Y they exist @ all. Can some one explain to me why they exist?

With all the concerns about privacy in society today why should others be privy to how many coins I have?

If people fear skullduggery I don't C how a "Rich List" is preventative. Unless I'm missing some crypto-world unwritten rule of ethics.

Or I could be mistaken in my understanding of how such a list is compiled.

I thought, only coins held in wallets can be counted for inclusion on the list. Coins held elsewhere, such as exchanges or off line (Cold Storage??) can't be accounted for.

Not to mention that  someone bent on larceny could have multiple wallets, with different addresses obfuscating their totals and intent.

I'm I missing something or is this "Rich List" the stuff juveniles, and other small minded individuals perpetuate wanting to know who has the biggest, longest, fastest whatever?  

Forget I asked. I'll post in twitter a link here that no it doesn't exist, and it doesn't look like there will be one. 

So you'll put the effort into tweeting about such matters but won't learn to check the "Block Chain" yourself,

Or, build one yourself to satisfy like minded folks.

There r alot of things that need to be accomplished when Developing a coin. To my way of thinking a "Rich List" is superfluous.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stratobitz
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 03:36:00 AM

Though I agree there have been multiple calls for a "Rich List" to be published. I don't understand Y they exist @ all. Can some one explain to me why they exist?

With all the concerns about privacy in society today why should others be privy to how many coins I have?

If people fear skullduggery I don't C how a "Rich List" is preventative. Unless I'm missing some crypto-world unwritten rule of ethics.

I thought, only coins held in wallets can be counted for inclusion on the list. Coins held elsewhere, such as exchanges or off line (Cold Storage??) can't be accounted for.

Not to mention that  someone bent on larceny could have multiple wallets, with different addresses obfuscating their totals and intent.

Am I missing something or is a "Rich List" the stuff juveniles, and other small minded individuals perpetuate wanting to know who has the biggest, longest, fastest whatever?  

And for the record I agree with your sentiments. I was merely asking because it's been brought up numerous times. I own VRC and would like to see it succeed, which I feel is based in part on users requests being responded to. That is all.
Stratobitz
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 03:38:00 AM

I'm I missing something or is this "Rich List" the stuff juveniles, and other small minded individuals perpetuate wanting to know who has the biggest, longest, fastest whatever?  

Forget I asked. I'll post in twitter a link here that no it doesn't exist, and it doesn't look like there will be one. 

So you'll put the effort into tweeting about such matters but won't learn to check the "Block Chain" yourself,

There r alot of things that need to be accomplished when Developing a coin. To my way of thinking a "Rich List" is superfluous.

I personally have no experience building such a list. I would see that as something the Dev team would do to show transparency. Like I said FORGET I ASKED.
Kevondo

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 03:42:50 AM

I personally have no experience building such a list. I would see that as something the Dev team would do to show transparency. Like I said FORGET I ASKED.

Do U Know how to Learn?
Stratobitz
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 03:46:01 AM

[size=20Do U Know how to Learn?pt][/size]

No I have no learning ability. None whatsoever.
Kevondo

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 03:47:46 AM

Good to Know. It explains alot.
CryptoLTD

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 03:48:38 AM

*Awkward*
Stratobitz
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 03:51:57 AM

Please tell me you're not part of the Dev team. If you are I need to consider if holding 120k VRC is really a good investment.
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 03:56:04 AM

Kevondo your attitude is shit and you are being very condescending. I hope you are in no way affiliated with the dev team because you are terrible PR. Strato's request, and anybodies request, for a richlist is completely justified- people want to have an idea as to how well distributed a coin and whether or not the big holders are selling or buying. Nearly every freaking coin has a rich list, even the ones which have been far less successful than this one as of yet.
PUMPBANDIT

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 04:48:29 AM

Kevodo is acting like a troll talking like that about Vericoin questions.  Embarrassed

Their sure are some Muppets around.

Got paid from MP finally so they are progressing and delivered as said.

I agree Rich list adds Transparency! Its the standard for coins now, not some special request or lack of inability to learn.

Stratobitz
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 04:54:12 AM

Appreciate the support guys... And to know I'm not the crazy one. Thanks,

Strato
effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761
Merit: 505

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 04:55:11 AM

We have some big projects going on that a rich list would take some time away from. If it is desired it can be created by anyone. I urge anyone to make it.  I could see coming in new it would be reassuring to see. I stand firmly by our launch being fair. Any volunteers?
saberu

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 04:56:33 AM

I agree we need a rich list and a poor list too so I can appear on the poor list with my 65k VRC  Roll Eyes

Get Daily Free SignatureCoins. Su3XiYekKKk4FRHaaMneseJHcykGfswVb3
phoneled

Activity: 150

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 04:58:50 AM

I agree we need a rich list and a poor list too so I can appear on the poor list with my 65k VRC  Roll Eyes

yes, I agree with it too

socal

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 05:00:58 AM

now im sad thinking I was doin good with my 3k VRC lol 120k and 65k totally blow that out of the water

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
PUMPBANDIT

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 05:07:43 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2014, 05:35:58 AM by PUMPBANDIT

Loving the price stability in this coin!  Cheesy

XC p&D was a joke and I lost a lot.  Cry
But, this coin has continually preformed from day 1,
The best of the best!
santana wageon

Activity: 75

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 05:30:32 AM

the best choice for me ,10x profit have been gaind
phoneled

Activity: 150

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 05:52:51 AM

what's the final price about VRC

PUMPBANDIT

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 06:00:16 AM

Well if this week goes well with releases, by end of week easily 600K or above.
drkman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 06:06:04 AM

An old acquaintance of mine (he taught me how to hack Starbucks wifi 10 years ago for free internet), Dan Kaminsky, is going to be helping VeriCoin out on our ANON implementation. You may have heard of him before: http://www.businessinsider.com/dan-kaminsky-highlights-flaws-bitcoin-2013-4, http://www.wired.com/2013/05/lets-cut-through-the-bitcoin-hype/, and http://www.slideshare.net/dakami/bitcoin-8776098 for example.

this coin will take over drk at some point  Roll Eyes

It depends on how much of a killer app the anonymity solution is. I think that Darkcoin focuses solely on anonymity as a selling point when there are other coins that do the same thing but (possibly) better such as Zerocash and Cryptonote coins like Monero. It's nice to hear that this coin's solution will not just be "good enough" and may even be on par with solutions like Darkcoin's. Additionally it will take months and possibly years for everyone to really dissect all the solutions and see what works best.

Zerocash has some serious limitations that may prevent mass adoption such as opacity to blockchain analysis (and its not even here yet), and Cryptonote may also have issues scaling up to mass usage due to blockchain bloat and the lack of network effects due to them operating outside the Bitcoin sphere. Monero also suffers from the fact that while its the first solid entry into the Cryptonote coins, there may be other Cryptonote coins that will be released in the coming months and years that are even better. It may be some time before the technology can catch up to the Bitcoin clones, and by then it might be too late if they can bootstrap solutions which are comparable to the privacy that ring signatures provide. When you consider that Vericoin has not only those anonymity features but much more, you can begin to see why this coin is a real threat. There is clearly no perfect "silver bullet" to the anonymity solution, and only time will tell which approach is the best.

At the very least, Vericoin represents a solid competitor in the field of anonymity, and its real strength may lie in the fact that it does not solely focus on anonymity but also offers other features that make it a more well-rounded choice. Darkcoin claims to offer the best anonymity solution, but unlike Vericoin they have so far failed to diversify their feature set as much as Vericoin has and that may prove to be a weakness. Investors in anonymous coins would be wise to hedge a portion into this coin, not only because it will likely experience massive growth in the coming days and weeks, but because it may very well offer a competitive alternative.
YOU! my friend, know what the F you are talking about.  Are you.......... me?
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: