Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:01:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
coine_smithe

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 06:08:56 AM

An old acquaintance of mine (he taught me how to hack Starbucks wifi 10 years ago for free internet), Dan Kaminsky, is going to be helping VeriCoin out on our ANON implementation. You may have heard of him before: http://www.businessinsider.com/dan-kaminsky-highlights-flaws-bitcoin-2013-4, http://www.wired.com/2013/05/lets-cut-through-the-bitcoin-hype/, and http://www.slideshare.net/dakami/bitcoin-8776098 for example.

this coin will take over drk at some point  Roll Eyes

It depends on how much of a killer app the anonymity solution is. I think that Darkcoin focuses solely on anonymity as a selling point when there are other coins that do the same thing but (possibly) better such as Zerocash and Cryptonote coins like Monero. It's nice to hear that this coin's solution will not just be "good enough" and may even be on par with solutions like Darkcoin's. Additionally it will take months and possibly years for everyone to really dissect all the solutions and see what works best.

Zerocash has some serious limitations that may prevent mass adoption such as opacity to blockchain analysis (and its not even here yet), and Cryptonote may also have issues scaling up to mass usage due to blockchain bloat and the lack of network effects due to them operating outside the Bitcoin sphere. Monero also suffers from the fact that while its the first solid entry into the Cryptonote coins, there may be other Cryptonote coins that will be released in the coming months and years that are even better. It may be some time before the technology can catch up to the Bitcoin clones, and by then it might be too late if they can bootstrap solutions which are comparable to the privacy that ring signatures provide. When you consider that Vericoin has not only those anonymity features but much more, you can begin to see why this coin is a real threat. There is clearly no perfect "silver bullet" to the anonymity solution, and only time will tell which approach is the best.

At the very least, Vericoin represents a solid competitor in the field of anonymity, and its real strength may lie in the fact that it does not solely focus on anonymity but also offers other features that make it a more well-rounded choice. Darkcoin claims to offer the best anonymity solution, but unlike Vericoin they have so far failed to diversify their feature set as much as Vericoin has and that may prove to be a weakness. Investors in anonymous coins would be wise to hedge a portion into this coin, not only because it will likely experience massive growth in the coming days and weeks, but because it may very well offer a competitive alternative.
YOU! my friend, know what the F you are talking about.  Are you.......... me?

Quit talking to ourself, we're losing our mind!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 06:35:18 AM

the download section comes up with page not found on your website.
Regards,
Brian

Avalanche is a must own
coine_smithe

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 06:44:14 AM

the download section comes up with page not found on your website.
Regards,
Brian

Are you talking about the wallet and source download links? They work fine for me.
saberu

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 06:48:12 AM

Are you talking about the wallet and source download links? They work fine for me.

coine_smithe what makes you think VRC is better than XC?

Get Daily Free SignatureCoins. Su3XiYekKKk4FRHaaMneseJHcykGfswVb3
PUMPBANDIT

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 06:49:30 AM

Think, um if you know anything you already KNOW this!
XC is all B.S.
I done a lot of promo work for those guys, in the end they screwed me over.
Starts getting real crap when they start deleting your posts and say your making it up.
XC to me is nothing but a bad memory now.

Long live VERICOIN!
butterfly sea

Activity: 63

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 07:12:49 AM

It doesn't matter there would be a rich list or not

ReserveShare - 100% Free and Fair. New source code. Proof Of Reserve
Get Daily Free SIGNs before too late.
SpYe14xAXk6oFkwBbASSXMXp5ufdKeHzBd
coine_smithe

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 07:21:20 AM

coine_smithe what makes you think VRC is better than XC?

First, the weaknesses of XC:
  • XC focuses solely on the anon feature, and is probably not even the best at that (Darkcoin will probably remain better than anything atcsecure will come up with, and Monero is definitely better, and Zerocash might be even better than that.
  • XC has so far failed to offer a working anon solution, while Darkcoin and Monero have had strong solutions available to those who would like to use them for months.
  • Anon is not the only feature that people care about, and some don't care about it all, so by solely focusing on that XC is putting all its eggs in one basket.
  • XC has a self moderated topic and a dev who hired loljosh to code the PoS portion of the coin which had multiple issues. The dev has avoided answering questions about this.
  • Dan Metcalf's linkedin is the only proof of his identity. While it shouldn't be required for a dev to dox themself, the fact remains that atcsecure's identity isn't fully proven given the evidence so far.

And now the strengths of Vericoin:
  • Doesn't solely focus on anon, and despite that it might offer an even better solution than XC because Dan Kaminsky helped peek at the code and the devs of this coin are very good.
  • Patrick Nosker is a genius pursuing a Phd and has credentials that can be fully verified since he's attending a University.
  • Tomorrow Vericoin will offer SMS, a first in crypto and a guaranteed killer app that might spark wide public interest. This feature alone may start a new "fad" where other coins try to copy this feature. This feature alone may propel Vericoin into the stable upper echelons of the vaunted "top 10" in market cap where it will retain most of its value, even if it peaks after a bubble. This makes it a strong investment for those who don't like to day trade.
  • Offers the network-dependent variable interest, a feature that will likely be copied in the future and an innovation that has interesting value potential. A clear improvement over Blackcoin's fixed 1% interest.
  • Has a better name than most of the cryptocoins available. XC is bland and non-descriptive, Darkcoin is nefarious, Monero is confusing. Verisign is a software company that handles online transaction solutions and the "Veri" latin root is a trusted and marketable name.
  • The Veriexchange will allow Vericoin to be spent anywhere Bitcoin is spent, which will enable Vericoin to enjoy Bitcoin's network effects. The importance of this fact cannot be overemphasized. Could this mean Vericoin will be able to be used on Overstock.com, Ebay.com soon? That would be huge.
  • From a pure day traders perspective, XC is in terminal decline, Darkcoin is stagnating, Monero is stagnating, while Vericoin is on a strong upsurge, has many new features coming out soon, and is currently the fastest growing highest volume altcoin right now. Based on that alone a day trader would be a fool not to purchase some Vericoin right now.
  • Vericoin has some of the fastest transactions times ever, as fast or faster than Blackcoin.
  • Vericoin still has a small market cap when considering all the features it already has and the ones coming up. Even the top coins like Darkcoin or Litecoin are questionable as investments because they have reached their peak for the time being. They may grow during another Bitcoin bubble but for now they are stagnating. Vericoin still has a 2-3 million dollar market cap which means it should see massive growth soon. For investors looking for short term gains this is one of the single most important technical indicators.
ajil79

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 07:29:36 AM

Just contacted these guys to see if they could look into creating a rich list/block explorer as I know its been heavily requested. Would put a lot of guys stomachs at rest for sure I know

chainz.cryptoid.info
PUMPBANDIT

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 07:40:09 AM

•XC has a self moderated topic

I was against this from the start, as I've seen firsthand BC's scam with manicuring threads.
In the end what happened?
XC started manicuring threads - SCAM ALERT and I'm out!
XC is DEAD! Move on people to a techcoin that's delivering!
PUMPBANDIT

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 08:19:35 AM

And up we go, who's been left behind AGAIN?  Grin

SMS wallets coming soon - WOW!
bitcoinwonders010

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 08:38:14 AM

anyone got a link to the post where pnoker said "we don't have the best anon function out there",
PUMPBANDIT

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 08:45:21 AM

This guy just started Troll school obviously.
So funny!
dotnetmin

Activity: 756

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 08:47:37 AM

Which algo was used once you were able to mine veri directly ? X11, scrypt, scrypt-n, sha256, x13....?
coine_smithe

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 08:49:40 AM

anyone got a link to the post where pnoker said "we don't have the best anon function out there",

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=602041.msg7152743#msg7152743

"Honestly, I don't care so much personally about ANON. We were just getting tweets and messages all the time asking us to add it. And we had planned to add it anyway before we launched (wanted to use ZeroCash-- it's actually in the source code right now) but decided on a different approach which is faster but relies on a man-in-the-middle. I'm not saying it will be the best anon implementation, but it will work and it will be fast and it will be secure. Not trying to compete with those "every transaction is anon" coins since we want the ability to send ultra fast non-anon transactions with virtually no fees too."

By "every transaction is anon" he's probably referring to Monero and Zerocash here. The system he's proposing is similar to Darkcoin's. Note that Zerocash and Monero have problems of their own which I went over here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=602041.msg7174058;topicseen#msg7174058

"Zerocash has some serious limitations that may prevent mass adoption such as opacity to blockchain analysis(and its not even here yet), and Cryptonote may also have issues scaling up to mass usage due to blockchain bloat and the lack of network effects due to them operating outside the Bitcoin sphere. Monero also suffers from the fact that while its the first solid entry into the Cryptonote coins, there may be other Cryptonote coins that will be released in the coming months and years that are even better. It may be some time before the technology can catch up to the Bitcoin clones, and by then it might be too late if they can bootstrap solutions which are comparable to the privacy that ring signatures provide. When you consider that Vericoin has not only those anonymity features but much more, you can begin to see why this coin is a real threat. There is clearly no perfect "silver bullet" to the anonymity solution, and only time will tell which approach is the best. "
bitcoinwonders010

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 08:56:08 AM

"Honestly, I don't care so much personally about ANON. We were just getting tweets and messages all the time asking us to add it. And we had planned to add it anyway before we launched (wanted to use ZeroCash-- it's actually in the source code right now) but decided on a different approach which is faster but relies on a man-in-the-middle. I'm not saying it will be the best anon implementation, but it will work and it will be fast and it will be secure. Not trying to compete with those "every transaction is anon" coins since we want the ability to send ultra fast non-anon transactions with virtually no fees too."

By "every transaction is anon" he's probably referring to Monero and Zerocash here. The system he's proposing is similar to Darkcoin's. Note that Zerocash and Monero have problems of their own which I went over here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=602041.msg7174058;topicseen#msg7174058

"Zerocash has some serious limitations that may prevent mass adoption such as opacity to blockchain analysis(and its not even here yet), and Cryptonote may also have issues scaling up to mass usage due to blockchain bloat and the lack of network effects due to them operating outside the Bitcoin sphere. Monero also suffers from the fact that while its the first solid entry into the Cryptonote coins, there may be other Cryptonote coins that will be released in the coming months and years that are even better. It may be some time before the technology can catch up to the Bitcoin clones, and by then it might be too late if they can bootstrap solutions which are comparable to the privacy that ring signatures provide. When you consider that Vericoin has not only those anonymity features but much more, you can begin to see why this coin is a real threat. There is clearly no perfect "silver bullet" to the anonymity solution, and only time will tell which approach is the best. "

thanks thats the only thing that put me off as when another coin will bring something better vrc will go down. the coin is great with good dev team, but if anon function not best out there or trying to be, it will most likely drift down
CatKiwi

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 08:56:44 AM

Why don't you PM him like a well intentioned individual might do...
coine_smithe

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 09:02:35 AM

thanks thats the only thing that put me off as when another coin will bring something better vrc will go down. the coin is great with good dev team, but if anon function not best out there or trying to be, it will most likely drift down

I see what you're concerned about now, but I think you're mistaken.

Like I said, Monero is already here, and offers a superior solution to coin join, yet it's price is plummeting. It has a long way to go. At this point a better solution is purely theoretical. There will be no "perfect" anon solution. They will all have tradeoffs. For instance Monero's anon is always on. With Verisend you have the option of not sending anonymously which is a good feature to have available to those who want it. Some transactions may require proof of payment to third parties, for example. So even though on the surface a stronger anon solution might seem "better", it might actually be worse.

In a way, you could argue that Zerocash will be too anonymous because it requires trusting the devs, and you will never know if the system has been compromised because you can never see total coin counts and such. It may very well be that distributed coinjoin systems like Vericoin and Darksend are the best solution, and they're already here (well almost, in Vericoin's case).
CatKiwi

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 09:13:21 AM

A new All time high reached! We are about to break 20,000 Satoshi!
kcanup
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 09:15:34 AM

Which algo was used once you were able to mine veri directly ? X11, scrypt, scrypt-n, sha256, x13....?
Scrypt  Wink
foxy

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 09:27:04 AM

20000!

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: