Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:27:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 [207] 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
leckey

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:36:10 AM

When you don't want ThreadStakeMinter, add:
Stake=0
..to your .conf file.
It will stop from mining PoS blocks.

That make sense. Thanks for letting me know. We should put together a tutorial or help documentation.  There is no way inexperienced users like myself figure out these settings, I did not even know there is a .conf file. My understanding was from this thread that the community aims a wide adoption of the coin. Wide adoption would require people new to the crypto currency universe and they need a better documentation or explaining how to use the software what is what on the UI.
Dude. why would you want to stop the POS mining?  Do you not like collecting interest?  The wallet is the easiest in the world to use.  Keep it unencrypted and your coins will begin collecting interest automatically.  or Encrypt your wallet and then unlock it with your passphrase when you open it to collect the interest.

What else do you need to know?  Even a 7 year old could mint Vericoins!

Yeah the 7 years could, but when you are 72 like me you do things very differently :-))

I never said I don't want to stake interest - all I was asking how to enable the disabled menu item so how to lock the wallet. I just started panicking because some amount was next to the Stake label which was not spendable, so I wanted to know how to stop the whole staking in case if suddenly I need the money to pay for my medication to keep me awake (because I am exhausted from this crypt thing ans I have been trading only 3 days) ...  And you see, you are confusing me even more :-))) you said " Keep it unencrypted and your coins will begin collecting interest automatically" while the setting is the opposite, you need to encrypt it to collect interest automatically.

IF you encrypted your wallet with a passphrase, then you need to "Unlock" it, in order for the staking process to begin. If however, you didn't set a passphrase, then you don't need to worry about anything. Hope that makes sense?

Yes it does, thanks! That's what I did, I have encrypted the wallet and unlocked the wallet by clicking on the Unlock wallet menu item. I guess the disabled "Unlock wallet" menu item does not matter, it just remains disabled once the wallet is encrypted. Sorry for the silly questions.

Yes, if you've already unlocked the wallet, then the "unlock" option is disabled. Glad I could help clear things up

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zsp

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:54:03 AM

Are you saying it will be at 25.5?
lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:55:46 AM

What is this I hear about a vericoin party at BTCitcoin center in NYC ?

Contacting the BTC Center. Will provide details once I know more.

NYer here.

All aboard the Veritrain wooowooooo, dont listen to this guy above nothing is stopping this train
Crindon

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:17:26 AM

NYer here.

All aboard the Veritrain wooowooooo, dont listen to this guy above nothing is stopping this train

I disagree. Occasionally, the train will stop to let off a few passengers, the weak hands. Then it will resume on its course.
lootz
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:30:46 AM

NYer here.

I disagree. Occasionally, the train will stop to let off a few passengers, the weak hands. Then it will resume on its course.

oh yea for sure home dawg, I been getting off and on also with a few coins but the chart above shows a max of .00029 when it was at .00030 for about 15 minutes today so I would not put to much faith in someone elses chart. Also a post like above subconsciously gives people a target that may be totally false. I just wanna know where the veriparty is going to be, lets drink some profits Tongue
ScottAllyn

Activity: 236

¿ʇɐɥʍ

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 01:52:38 AM

Veribit works:

https://twitter.com/ScottAllyn/status/481615160310644736

!!

Ignored User Cleanup Script - Completely hide ignored users!
socal

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:55:08 AM

My VeriBit results:

http://imgur.com/a/qgbWn

IT WORKS!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
ScottAllyn

Activity: 236

¿ʇɐɥʍ

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 02:37:19 AM

Here's a direct link to the VeriBit video for those who don't bother with Twitter:

http://youtu.be/PLuBgdQJ6NQ

Ignored User Cleanup Script - Completely hide ignored users!
onsightit

Activity: 308

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 02:55:26 AM

Stake=0
..to your .conf file.

That make sense. Thanks for letting me know. We should put together a tutorial or help documentation.  There is no way inexperienced users like myself figure out these settings, I did not even know there is a .conf file. My understanding was from this thread that the community aims a wide adoption of the coin. Wide adoption would require people new to the crypto currency universe and they need a better documentation or explaining how to use the software what is what on the UI.
Dude. why would you want to stop the POS mining?  Do you not like collecting interest?  The wallet is the easiest in the world to use.  Keep it unencrypted and your coins will begin collecting interest automatically.  or Encrypt your wallet and then unlock it with your passphrase when you open it to collect the interest.

The wallet pretty much blows cheese.  It's not intuitive and I have 28 years of IT experience.  For instance, I had X number of coins I bought and staked. They were earning interest, and the icon was blue (intuitive?).  Then I bought Y number of coins.  The wallet said I had X coins staked and Y coins spendable, and the icon turned some off-shade of blue (I don't really know because I'm color blind) and the help text (when you hover the mouse for five minutes over the icon) said I had "no mature coins".  Then after 8 hours (I knew it took 8 hours, but your average person would probably have no clue) no coins were staked and all the coins were "spendable".  I cannot figure out how to move them all to "staked".  There is zero help in the software and I do not know if I am earning interest. The wallet is encrypted and unlocked.  How could a novice coin user ever hope to understand what is going on here?  I know we are all techies, but where's the FAQ, and where's the manual?  Basic 101 stuff...

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
lootz
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:08:38 AM

Hey guys is vericoin a centralized coin ? I just got reemed by a friend saying its no good cause its centralized.. give me some ammo
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:10:09 AM

Stake=0
..to your .conf file.

The wallet pretty much blows cheese.  It's not intuitive and I have 28 years of IT experience.  For instance, I had X number of coins I bought and staked. They were earning interest, and the icon was blue (intuitive?).  Then I bought Y number of coins.  The wallet said I had X coins staked and Y coins spendable, and the icon turned some off-shade of blue (I don't really know because I'm color blind) and the help text (when you hover the mouse for five minutes over the icon) said I had "no mature coins".  Then after 8 hours (I knew it took 8 hours, but your average person would probably have no clue) no coins were staked and all the coins were "spendable".  I cannot figure out how to move them all to "staked".  There is zero help in the software and I do not know if I am earning interest. The wallet is encrypted and unlocked.  How could a novice coin user ever hope to understand what is going on here?  I know we are all techies, but where's the FAQ, and where's the manual?  Basic 101 stuff...

Well, I have 0 years of IT experience, 0 years of programming experience, and 0 knowledge on anything technical.  I know how to do everything and nobody taught me anything.  Shocked
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:12:56 AM

Hey guys is vericoin a centralized coin ? I just got reemed by a friend saying its no good cause its centralized.. give me some ammo

Well, as of right now, the main features are centralized.  Embarrassed
pnosker

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:26:41 AM

No, the coin isn't. We've added some features which are currently centralized because we are testing them. We don't want to release stuff until it's working 100%. And those centralized things are a SMS wallet and VeriSend, an anon system. Otherwise, the coin is much like Litecoin or Blackcoin.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
socal

Activity: 532

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:53:54 AM

Coming soon, 1 oz .999 Fine Silver Physical Vericoins!

Tweet it, FB it, Reddit it, Shout it out of your car on the interstate, but get the word out that there will be PURE SILVER PHYSICAL VERICOINS

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
lootz
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:00:28 AM

No, the coin isn't. We've added some features which are currently centralized because we are testing them. We don't want to release stuff until it's working 100%. And those centralized things are a SMS wallet and VeriSend, an anon system. Otherwise, the coin is much like Litecoin or Blackcoin.

Awesome thank you NOS I been taking a beating from crypto friends for that. Keep up the good work I believe in you. Also thank you for the beta hope you enjoy your trip Smiley
Lucksee

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:04:08 AM

Tweet it, FB it, Reddit it, Shout it out of your car on the interstate, but get the word out that there will be PURE SILVER PHYSICAL VERICOINS
what.
lootz
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:08:14 AM

what.

Oh nice my other favorite to invest in, I love the whole silver shield line of coins. I buy silver on the regular hope you are not just trying to give me an E-Boner here. Tongue
Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:29:08 AM

Quite a day for VRC!  Upward and onward!
Crindon

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:30:52 AM

Already touched 32,000. Next stop 50,000, then 500,000, then 1.6 Million.
noerc

Activity: 248

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:54:46 AM

Awesome thank you NOS I been taking a beating from crypto friends for that. Keep up the good work I believe in you. Also thank you for the beta hope you enjoy your trip Smiley

Hi Patrick,

Sorry if this was answered before, I googled it but couldn't find an answer: How exactly does VeriBit convert VRC to BTC? Will these VRC be sold on the open market in order to pay the BTC request? If so, this would be (semi-)centralized due to the use of centralized exchanges, right? Or did you implement a decentralized exchange? But if so, then somebody would need to buy these VRC for the BTC amount so you can use them to pay the BTC transaction.

Also, "who" exactly makes the VRC / BTC conversion? Will the wallet send a request to some server that will do the job?

The general idea is pretty sweet, but couldn't somebody come up with an auto trading engine that allows this for basically every coin out there? Most exchange APIs already provide the general functionality that would just need to be wrapped within in the wallet. But maybe I didn't understand the whole thing completely, so I would appreciate some technical details as far as you agree to share them.

Thanks so much and great work!
Pages: « 1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 [207] 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: