Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:08:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:53:16 PM

Is it possible to have a VeriCoin wallet in a Raspberry Pi? If "yes" is it safe? I'll only use the Raspberry to the VeriCoin Wallet while Staking (less power and I'll be able to shutdown my main computer).

Please explain this....veri interested!

I've got some reply in the IRC and yes, it's possible and because it's linux it's safe/secure as it can be because are less virus for linux. They also said that the android wallet it's also an option... so will wait because if the android wallet works ok I can buy a cheap android smartphone just to have my wallet staking....

The raspberry Pi is cheaper than a cheap smartphone but I would have to buy accessories for it and certainly would become more expensive than a smartphone ready to go.

How would a smart phone be cheaper than the Raspberry Pi? All you need to access to your Pi an Ethernet cable, connect to your ADSL router and then ssh to the small box. Even cheaper a BeagleBone Black, same ARM core and I prefer it over Raspberry PI, but the two are kind of same.

Anyway, I got into this vericoin 1 week ago and since I have been thinking to build a wallet for the ARM boards like Raspberry PI and BeagleBone Black. Now I am checking their source code and will try put together and compile something with gcc-arm-linux-gnueabi. I think using Raspberry PI/BeagleBone Black would really the perfect solution for staking. I am getting tired that the wallet needs to run all day in order to stake - the  small 5.5V ARM boards that could run all day would be the perfect candidates to perform the staking task. Of course there won't be fancy user interface with fading out icons just command line, but that's should be OK. There are always trade of between performance/robustness and convenience with software applications. Once I have time I will try to get done the ARM wallet.

hello,

the process of staking is not only for creating interest but also for running and securing the network Smiley

but nevertheless there was one feature called VeriBank planned. i think thats something like a online wallet where you can stake your coins, i think exactly the feature you want (no open wallet running 24 h).

also a raspberry pi cost around 30+, a smartphone 50+.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zsp

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:55:58 PM

Is it possible to have a VeriCoin wallet in a Raspberry Pi? If "yes" is it safe? I'll only use the Raspberry to the VeriCoin Wallet while Staking (less power and I'll be able to shutdown my main computer).

I've got some reply in the IRC and yes, it's possible and because it's linux it's safe/secure as it can be because are less virus for linux. They also said that the android wallet it's also an option... so will wait because if the android wallet works ok I can buy a cheap android smartphone just to have my wallet staking....

The raspberry Pi is cheaper than a cheap smartphone but I would have to buy accessories for it and certainly would become more expensive than a smartphone ready to go.

How would a smart phone be cheaper than the Raspberry Pi? All you need to access to your Pi an Ethernet cable, connect to your ADSL router and then ssh to the small box. Even cheaper a BeagleBone Black, same ARM core and I prefer it over Raspberry PI, but the two are kind of same.

Anyway, I got into this vericoin 1 week ago and since I have been thinking to build a wallet for the ARM boards like Raspberry PI and BeagleBone Black. Now I am checking their source code and will try put together and compile something with gcc-arm-linux-gnueabi. I think using Raspberry PI/BeagleBone Black would really the perfect solution for staking. I am getting tired that the wallet needs to run all day in order to stake - the  small 5.5V ARM boards that could run all day would be the perfect candidates to perform the staking task. Of course there won't be fancy user interface with fading out icons just command line, but that's should be OK. There are always trade of between performance/robustness and convenience with software applications. Once I have time I will try to get done the ARM wallet.

Btw, I am not experienced in Android development, but as far as I know it is not suitable for such applications like the 24/7 staking wallet. I am sure applications can run as a background process in Android, but perhaps not such intensive cryptography tasks, but again I am not sure, an Android developer would know that. As guys above pointed it out quite rightly the small ARM board are the really perfect tools for teh network enabled staking.
bit-coin.pt

Activity: 154

bit-coin.pt - A divulgar a Bitcoin em Portugal

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 10:57:04 PM

‪#‎VeriCoin‬ Google Hangout at 9:30 PM EST on 6/26! ‪#‎VRC‬

No link available yet - Still awaiting -

Bit-Coin.pt - A divulgar a Bitcoin em Portugal - Ajuda o projecto com donativos para 18brXUnsJEXmmEwuwdf7QfkfwQY341492f
zsp

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:05:17 PM

hello,

the process of staking is not only for creating interest but also for running and securing the network Smiley

but nevertheless there was one feature called VeriBank planned. i think thats something like a online wallet where you can stake your coins, i think exactly the feature you want (no open wallet running 24 h).

Yes, I assumed that it must do some networking :-)) but as I said I am checking the source code to figure out whether it is feasible to implement it on an ARM board.

About the cost, please, we are talking about wallet for alt coin, so £30.00 is really the cost here? I spent today to try get my head around the P&D shit £400.00 worth time :-)) not to mention that people are investing many BTCs, to have a secure and dedicated £30.00 small box shouldn't be an issue for any VRC holder.
I am not sure about the VeriBank. It's matter of preference, and personally I would prefer to keep my coins next to my router in a secure ARM box that makes an encrypted network backup every day than left my coins with a third party service provider. But that's just my preference. My wife left me (fortunately actually), so at least I could hug my ARM board wallet if I keep the coins in that :-)))
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:18:56 PM

hello,

Yes, I assumed that it must do some networking :-)) but as I said I am checking the source code to figure out whether it is feasible to implement it on an ARM board.

About the cost, please, we are talking about wallet for alt coin, so £30.00 is really the cost here? I spent today to try get my head around the P&D shit £400.00 worth time :-)) not to mention that people are investing many BTCs, to have a secure and dedicated £30.00 small box shouldn't be an issue for any VRC holder.
I am not sure about the VeriBank. It's matter of preference, and personally I would prefer to keep my coins next to my router in a secure ARM box that makes an encrypted network backup every day than left my coins with a third party service provider. But that's just my preference. My wife left me (fortunately actually), so at least I could hug my ARM board wallet if I keep the coins in that :-)))

sure i agree, a dedicated device like a raspberry pi would be ideal for for the wallet Smiley
it was just from the perspective of non-tech people and for a easier access to vericoin staking without using a pc.
a smartphone would be a way easier solution for them i think (especially if a majority of people living in an industry nation already have a smartphone).

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
zsp

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:19:16 PM

hello,

Anyway, I think if the devs aim to build an ecosystem around their coins a hardware is always a good marketing vehicle. USB sticks, smart cards, payment terminals, etc. Non of them very difficult to get done, these days are tons off application references from MCU manufacturers, but it could create lots of interests and news. How cool it would be the have a VeriCoin retail payment terminal? This is really not rocket science a graduate engineer should be able to put it together ... especially that in this alt coint world no regulatory requirements to comply with :-)))
zsp

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:26:31 PM

hello,

sure i agree, a dedicated device like a raspberry pi would be ideal for for the wallet Smiley
it was just from the perspective of non-tech people and for a easier access to vericoin staking without using a pc.
a smartphone would be a way easier solution for them i think (especially if a majority of people living in an industry nation already have a smartphone).

Yes, you are absolutely right, the smart phone could be good for wallet and I can't deny that this is the logical choice for most of people. Not for me, because   a) I always lost it   b) if I manage not to loose it then when I travel exotic places like North-London 2-3 guys beat the crap out of me and take my smart phone. So I would prefer to keep my wallet next to my router in an ARM board with 2-step authentication and daily  encrypted backup to a network drive - just in case if I loose the smart phone.
pnosker

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:55:34 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2014, 09:59:16 PM by pnosker

I have posted to the VeriCoin website (http://www.vericoin.info/community.html) our intention and special donation addresses that will go to fund incedental PR activity. Joel Bosch, a VeriCoin investor, has sponsored Bristol PR to provide us with public relations. The devs are in communication with the PR team and the donation was with no strings attached. Bristol PR has agreed to accept 12.5% of the payment directly in VeriCoin (which is awesome!). Anyway, we think this project will pay dividends and our cost is significantly lower than that of other coins PR activities. We are raising funds for incidental expenses related to PR including the creation of a media kit, funding events (including one at the NYC Bitcoin Center), and the like.

Please help us with this initiative. We are looking at around 8 BTC in donations per month to cover this cost. Progress can be measured by checking the BTC and VRC block chains using the addresses: BTC: 1FQtDWQYKStc1r8zhnutfgseWVubsHvzWg and VRC: VDW8YSZCBh7Gwv65GqrhYjgCftCtq83TUW.

For transparency purposes, we will be uploading all invoices and receipts related to this task so the community can see that it was utilized properly and in the interest of VeriCoin.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
Amalgamus

Activity: 189

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 12:00:05 AM

I have the feeling vericoin is ripe for going on the rampage again.
(Sorry if the expression is not correct. My english is a bit rusty.)
karolina

Activity: 131

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 12:05:40 AM

It sure looks like it.

I'm itching to make another big buy......

Edit: Done.
Amalgamus

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 12:17:39 AM

It sure looks like it.

I am expecting some money to come shortly and would like the price to stay steady or even go down a little. But i am afraid when I get the cash to buy bitcoins then vrc it will be too late.
If I had the bitcoins now, i wouldn't think twice. But you are more reasonable than I am.

You buy faster than I can write. You are like me ;-)
karolina

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 12:19:53 AM

It sure looks like it.

I am expecting some money to come shortly and would like the price to stay steady or even go down a little. But i am afraid when I get the cash to buy bitcoins then vrc it will be too late.
If I had the bitcoins now, i wouldn't think twice. But you are more reasonable than I am.
I

I just grabbed 23,000 VRC, but I'm still tempted to buy more lol. Might be a good idea to sell a few thousand LTC for VRC.
Crindon

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 12:23:10 AM

How long til 250,000 satoshis?

August 2014?

September 2014?

October 2014?
Amalgamus

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 12:27:04 AM

It sure looks like it.

I

I just grabbed 23,000 VRC, but I'm still tempted to buy more lol. Might be a good idea to sell a few thousand LTC for VRC.
If it was my money I would do it. Just saying! Don't see that as a recommandation.
lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 01:02:40 AM

It sure looks like it.

I

LTC is dead ...... I mean where is the innovation ? Where is charlie lee and why is his team not doing something innovative... any thats my 2 cents
karolina

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 01:12:44 AM

It sure looks like it.

I

LTC is dead ...... I mean where is the innovation ? Where is charlie lee and why is his team not doing something innovative... any thats my 2 cents

Even though I agree with you, I also believe there is a lot of incentive from people to pump the shit out of it, just like last time around.... Max Keiser, Hardware manufacturers, etc... This crowd is driven by hype and speculation.

I had the exact same thoughts before LTC's last rally, then missed out huge..
Crindon

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 01:22:43 AM

Let's go with 250,000 satoshis by late July 2014.

Then 1,000,000 satoshis by September 2014.

Sound good?
PocketCrypto

Activity: 140
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 01:29:22 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2014, 12:20:35 AM by PocketCrypto

Hello VeriCoin Community!

We've just released PocketCrypto, a new Cryptocurrency Management App that will allow you to easily manage your VeriCoin investment. I'm a VeriCoin investor myself and am excited to see what the future holds for this coin.  The coin has lots of potential. Hope you guys will check out the app and Good Luck to All!

Pro Version (super awesome!) (no ads) (earlier updates)(no coin limit) (just because you love us Cheesy)

Free Version (still awesome!)(10 coin limit)

Please check out our main post for additional info, Thanks!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=660696.0

Blockfolio  ~Bitcoin/Altcoin Portfolio App~ Charts & Price Alerts BCT thread
Download Now: Blockfolio App Twitter: @BlockfolioApp
Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 01:42:14 AM

Joel Bosch (wizfarm) previously agreed to fund our PR activities however many are skeptical about his intentions. Because of this, we would like to raise the money to cover the PR costs and incidentals from the community instead.

I have posted to the VeriCoin website (http://www.vericoin.info/community.html) this intention and special donation addresses that will go to fund this activity. Bristol PR has agreed to accept 12.5% of the payment directly in VeriCoin (which is awesome!). Anyway, we think this project will pay dividends and our cost is significantly lower than that of other coins PR activities.

Please help us with this initiative. We are looking at around 8 BTC in donations per month to cover this cost. Progress can be measured by checking the BTC and VRC block chains using the addresses: BTC: 1FQtDWQYKStc1r8zhnutfgseWVubsHvzWg and VRC: VDW8YSZCBh7Gwv65GqrhYjgCftCtq83TUW.

For transparency purposes, we will be uploading all invoices and receipts related to this task so the community can see that it was utilized properly and in the interest of VeriCoin.

Ignore the "skeptics".  They're just going to find something else to whine about.  Guaranteed. It's what they do rather than being productive.

Seriously, they won't go away after this, they'll just be louder.
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 02:08:16 AM

4    Darkcoin   $ 40,977,770   $ 9.28   4,413,640 DRK   $ 358,039   -5.26 %

13    VeriCoin   $ 5,293,185   $ 0.197697   26,774,292 VRC   $ 1,263,927   +44.38 %

47    SuperCoin   $ 467,175   $ 0.032901   14,199,252 SUPER   $ 179,220   +5.09 %

Smiley

4    Darkcoin   $ 44,952,011   $ 10.17   4,418,660 DRK   $ 923,119   +6.80 %

18    VeriCoin   $ 4,685,712   $ 0.174994   26,776,409 VRC   $ 697,652   -2.54 %

36    SuperCoin   $ 927,522   $ 0.063829   14,531,343 SUPER   $ 403,144   +98.02 %
Pages: « 1 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: