Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:41:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 [243] 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
Auna

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:29:43 AM

I am not sure but isn't the order depth looking extremely good?
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:31:29 AM

I don't understand the price of this coin?  Why is it so high?  There are plenty of other coins that are superior to it that have a smaller market cap

Would you kindly enough explain the "superiority" of other coins with respect to Vericoin?

As for the price being high, the coin is being pumped and dumped at the moment by the Black Hand, an organized group rather infamous. Besides that, it is the first coin in cryptoland where the three developers have come forward with their real names, one of them a current programmer at one of the Microsoft's divisions. Logically that "first", along with the perceived qualities present and upcoming, have put a stamp of all around quality quite uncommon in the world of alts.

Any cryptonotes, but specifically Monero.

Crypt
XC

sdmathis

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:32:44 AM

It looks amazing right now. It's a good time to own VeriCoin. Smiley

damiano
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:33:18 AM

I don't understand the price of this coin?  Why is it so high?  There are plenty of other coins that are superior to it that have a smaller market cap

There's no any superior coins compared to this! Plus imo the price is still very low... Multiply it by 10 and we are on the right track!

Bitcoin is superior. 

It is not. It's just the first coin there was Smiley That's why we are trading everything for btc right?

Until you have acceptance you are not superior.  Everything revolves around bitcoin. 
pnosker

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:34:15 AM

Wait, buying VRC with credit cards???

How will this avoid the chargeback problem that plagues crypto purchases with credit cards?

There's a reason you can't buy BTC with credit cards, and it ain't cause no one 'innovated' it.

We'll discuss more once we're done with it. This aspect is definitely in pilot phases but it involves a payment processor that is getting onboard with us.

The 3 devs including me have less than 1 M coins. I just sold 2000 of them a few minutes ago at 43000 to pay the last two months hosting bill for the supernodes and dnsseeds.

And this, by the way, if true is very good for the coin and very good for crypto and I commend you for such transparency. Why not even mentioning it in the hangout. It deserves  showcasing, in fact.

Thanks again for it.

Praise where praise is indeed due.

As for Joel's abilities, talent and clean purposes, some of us will believe in them after months if not years after delivery or when hell freezes over, whichever comes first.

Honestly, it's up to you. You will see in due time, I guess. Your criticism fuels me. And I'm honestly fine with it. I bet a month ago you would have said we wouldn't have released our stuff on time. Anyway-- glad to see that you're paying attention to us. As you can see, Reddit/this forum are completely unmoderated. IRC had a few kicks and two bans due to people being incredibly disruptive. If you stick around you'll notice people criticize VRC all the time on there and I don't kick them nor does anybody else.

We aren't here to fool anybody. If I didn't legitimately believe we could build a coin to rival all others, I would have sold off already. The 3 devs, including me, are 100% behind this coin. You can believe what you want but I sold off all of my stock to buy more VeriCoin the first week because I knew we would make it great.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
Crindon

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:35:15 AM

LOL. Yes, it's great (for those who already bought in). Intense buy support.
Auna

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:36:05 AM

It looks amazing right now. It's a good time to own VeriCoin. Smiley

e-boner stuff almost  Grin This could be my very first reasonable investment... even though I am still very poor with just over 2k vericoins  Cry
damiano
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:38:33 AM

Would you kindly enough explain the "superiority" of other coins with respect to Vericoin?

As for the price being high, the coin is being pumped and dumped at the moment by the Black Hand, an organized group rather infamous. Besides that, it is the first coin in cryptoland where the three developers have come forward with their real names, one of them a current programmer at one of the Microsoft's divisions. Logically that "first", along with the perceived qualities present and upcoming, have put a stamp of all around quality quite uncommon in the world of alts.

Black hand destroyed blackcoin, they will do the same to this.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:39:31 AM

There's no any superior coins compared to this! Plus imo the price is still very low... Multiply it by 10 and we are on the right track!

Bitcoin is superior. 

I fail to see the "superiority" but even admitting that it is way above and beyond all others, what is not in dispute is that it lacks severely in practicality due to the length of time required for transactions and total lack of anonymity. Not to mention many other implications from waste of electricity of a bulky blockchain that is far from being secured or even have a future -unless prices of BTC go high enough to make mining somewhat profitable. BTC is not practical for comon purchases on site as Vericoin and many other altos are.

But by way of comparison one assumes other altcoins, not necessarily Bitcoin. And all those cryptos that another poster mentions don't count, not even close, with the transparency and overall clean image of Vericoin which, quite frankly, has set a new standard in that field that the community, logically, has rewarded and I am quite sure will continue rewarding accordingly.
damiano
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:44:03 AM

Bitcoin is superior. 

I fail to see the "superiority" but even admitting that it is way above and beyond all others, what is not in dispute is that it lacks severely in practicality due to the length of time required for transactions and total lack of anonymity. Not to mention many other implications from waste of electricity of a bulky blockchain that is far from being secured or even have a future -unless prices of BTC go high enough to make mining somewhat profitable. BTC is not practical for comon purchases on site as Vericoin and many other altos are.

But by way of comparison one assumes other altcoins, not necessarily Bitcoin. And all those cryptos that another poster mentions don't count, not even close, with the transparency and overall clean image of Vericoin which, quite frankly, has set a new standard in that field that the community, logically, has rewarded and I am quite sure will continue rewarding accordingly.

I think once the ETF gets launched we will see the price rise. 
pnosker

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:49:04 AM

Iconic Expert destroyed blackcoin. You need a history lesson.

lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:50:46 AM

I only hold 4 k but I wish I had more because I would ride this train till the end for the same reason everyone is loving vericoin.......it has VALUE
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:51:05 AM

In that I be;lieve you could be close to the truth. With one caveat (potentially): The Black Hand totally control Blackcoin. From the inside and with full cooperation of the dev team on all aspect. Here, so far, I remain just suspicious and only after the outrageous and trade-marked pump and dump of 2 days ago -which I identified immediately-. One thing is that The Black Hand is trying to manipulate the market of VRC -I'm sure other groups do too-, and one quite different one is The Black Hand calling the shots, scheduling the purchases of the multipool, timing the announcements and being in the know withg total lack of transparency.

Vericoin, so far, is setting a new standard in transparency. Hopefully also in honesty. I'm more than willing to give them in principle the benefit of the doubt although the addition of Joel Bosch, a well know Black Hander, doesn't help this precisely. As long as everyone is given information at the same time and nobody plays with marked cards, the devs cannot have any control over who invests in the coin. And it is quite fine that they try to manipulate the markety. It goes with the territory. Will it kill the coin like it killed BC? Premature to say, I doubt it very much... if the devs, I repeat, are indeed clean and continue exhibiting model transparency.

For what has been shown so far (pending whatever involvement, if any, in the P&D of 2 days ago), I am satisfied, surprisingly satisfied even.
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 12:52:17 AM

Whoa! Hello! Blackcoin is still around! Destroyed is a little strong. Let's see what happens when the latest project is finished.

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
pnosker

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:53:11 AM

In that I be;lieve you could be close to the truth. With one caveat (potentially): The Black Hand totally control Blackcoin. From the inside and with full cooperation of the dev team on all aspect. Here, so far, I remain just suspicious and only after the outrageous and trade-marked pump and dump of 2 days ago -which I identified immediately-. One thing is that The Black Hand is trying to manipulate the market of VRC -I'm sure other groups do too-, and one quite different one is The Black Hand calling the shots, scheduling the purchases of the multipool, timing the announcements and being in the know withg total lack of transparency.

Vericoin, so far, is setting a new standard in transparency. Hopefully also in honesty. I'm more than willing to give them in principle the benefit of the doubt although the addition of Joel Bosch, a well know Black Hander, doesn't help this precisely. As long as everyone is given information at the same time and nobody plays with marked cards, the devs cannot have any control over who invests in the coin. And it is quite fine that they try to manipulate the markety. It goes with the territory. Will it kill the coin like it killed BC? Premature to say, I doubt it very much... if the devs, I repeat, are indeed clean and continue exhibiting model transparency.

For what has been shown so far (pending whatever involvement, if any, in the P&D of 2 days ago), I am satisfied, surprisingly satisfied even.

Is it weird that when I paste what you write in Microsoft Word, most of the time it says "Fragment. Consider revising."?

parker928

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:53:35 AM

hahaha do you guys remember a few weeks ago when vericoin was in the 500-700 sat range. yes thats right 5-7 HUNDRED not thousand. And everyone was worrying and I came on here I was like wtf this coin is a good coin you guys are all crazy haha. read from pages 65-75 you will see what I was saying.

I bought 70,000 VRC lol. for .6 btc. Crazy right?

I sold them all, didn't keep any, i got them all out around 20k, but don't worry, I promise I won't FUD. I definitely regret selling, but whatever I made a lot of money, I guess that's what everyone wants right? I guess I can only be SO angry at myself.

Anyway, to those of you that still hold, and to those who bought in recently, best of luck to you!! This is a solid coin with lots of potential. All I want to do is warn you guys about wizfarm. He was involved in the bc debacle, and the cinni debacle...and I think we all realize the reason why bc and cinni price won't rise is because of the unfair distribution. To those of you who question wizfarms "deep pockets" and where he gets all that money from, bc and cinni are your answer. So I stay away from anything wizfarm is involved in and I wouldn't touch him with a 3987657 foot pole haha.

Miami - "A sunny place for shady people"

^I am from pembroke pines/ west palm beach area so I know what I am talking about haha

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Abraham Lincoln

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/abrahamlin109276.html

If you weren't a dev of vericoin that quote would have a lot more weight in this particular situation.

great quote though

sdmathis is not a dev of VeriCoin. He's just a very excited member of the community and appointed community manager because he tweets a lot Smiley.

Thank you for the correction. Dev, community manager, large holder, whatever, you understand my point.

I'm sick of trolls knocking our devs, I'm sick of trolls knocking our investors, and I'm sick of trolls knocking our supporters. Especially when those trolls have no idea what they are talking about.

Listen man if I was a troll I would be fudding the shit out of this coin.. I told you I bought at 700 sat and sold out early and I still am not trolling or fudding. I like vericoin and I respect it. Wizfarm is the only thing I have a problem with and I thought I made that clear, maybe you didn't actually read what I am saying.
damiano
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:54:18 AM

They both did.  I do feel IE had good intentions in the beginning.

drkman

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:56:48 AM

Wrong.  Those coins are junk compared to Vericoin and are not developing at anywhere near the rate nor quality of the Vericoin Devs.  As I said in an earlier post, Vericoin has a date with Darkcoin at the top of the altcoin world.   You can continue to be incredulous and in denial or you can open your eyes and see the future.  I've tried to help as many as I could improve their financial independence by going long this coin as much as they can.  Good Luck.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:57:26 AM

Having been there -and angrily antagonizing IE's in many of his enterprises, especially in his attempt at community manipulation of the market-, I happen to strongly disagree: IE's promotion's of BC MADE it and took it all the way to 95k. Logically when he took off, the coin suffered because of The Black Hand squeezing every single potential profit from investors.

I don't like most of what IE does -20% and pushing it- but he does good stuff promoting coins. I don't care for his irascible attitude and diva-like heated reactions who happen to hurt people including himself, but he made BC, everyone knows that.

I must add that I so strongly disagree with him not returning the donations for laziness that for that he has been included in THE WALL OF SHAME.

To Caesar's what's Caesar's....
parker928

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:58:22 AM

1. "essentially inactive developer" - right there that showed me you don't know what you are talking about. Check RAT4's github account you will see over 3000 commits for bc, most coins get 20-50.

2. If you have been in crypto that long you should know how possible (and likely) it is that someone may show just one of their wallets.

3. "I'm not giving anything to him" Of course not. But You bought vericoin, and IF he has a lot of control over the coin, you are technically, inadvertently, giving him your btc. note that I said IF

I have the utmost respect for Rat4. I meant inactive as in on the forums/no twitter/etc. Please don't confuse my statement with disrespect. I even sent him 5000 of my own VeriCoin.

You called him an inactive dev man, that speaks for itsself. I am glad rat4 doesn't waste time on the forums and twitter...if he did, he would probably have less time to spend on developing the coin. Do you want your dev making improvements to the code of your coin, or hyping it on twitter and forums?
Pages: « 1 ... 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 [243] 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: