Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:27:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
socal

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 02:23:05 AM

It's a good sign for vrc that the fud is flying fast. Stake holders in other coins are nervous. That said, it would be great to read more about the technical details around the verious projects.

Tech details are on page 1/ on the website www.vericoin.info and one of the projects is mine which is here: https://www.startjoin.com/physvericoin shameless self promotion? possibly but gotta pimp to get things done lol

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 02:35:15 AM

cleared to save space

Sorry but first, I don't believe it is right to keeping the discussion on this board any longer. This is the VRC board.

But since it has been forced into it -a non-moderated one, therefore it cannot be deleted, as opposed to that of NEM, I'd ask you that you refrain from quoting the whole panphlet in potential answers.

I will answer you though: There's no comparison. On many counts.

First and foremost, VRC if a coin easy to "get", perhaps even conventional in many of its main aspects. Yours, on the other hand, requires hours of deep study to even come remotely close of grasping the concept, let alone its working ons. That thing cannot ever be successful, out of its complexity, if you would actually pay good money to people to even contemplate it. Even for geeks, it would be a pain in the butt. Imagine for the "normal" population.. That would be exhibit A.

Exhibit B and C would be the self-moderated  condition of your thread and the anonymity of your many  developers. Vericoin has already established a standard in both those departments and, quite frankly, from my standpoint, no individual with the most elemental common sense would go back and consider, ever, investing in a coin that doesn't meet those standards. I hope and believe that it will be precisely the case from now on. You want to deal in crypto, take down the mask, first, be totally transparent AND allow absolutely non-censored criticism, no if no buts. Of you won't have a business.  Simple enough, fair enough in my book. They are doing quite fine with this new standard, so could you. There's no possible arguments.

For those exhibits/considerations, I submit that Vericoin is quite superior indeed to that other coin of yours and the other one we mentioned before. Quite.

firstly. theres 2 threads. more than 2 actually. multiple ones for different purposes. and has its own forum. one moderated main thread, one not. the main guy (not a coder, just organiser) left, and the community took over, quite successfully actually, and trolls took over the main thread. so the moderated one was badly needed how ever the main one was left open for transparency and for people to be able to post genuine hard hitting questions no matter how negative of an effect they may have, and to allow trolls to troll as they please and it is still used for genuine discussion. if you look back through the unmoderated one you will see what i mean, and understand why a moderated one was needed and regular discussion continued their instead with troll attempts being deleted..

whats wrong with a devs being anonymous? 99% of them dont give their real identity. satoshi, bcnext, the darkcoin dev, loads of leading cryptos have annon devs. i dont see how thats an issue?

as for the complexity, end users wont see it. nem uses a combination of webclient, a wallet.dat type of wallet that gets stored on your comp and automatically detected and brain wallet. the alpha is easier use than nxt was 5 months after launch. does the general public know how https works? or the inner workings of andriod or ios? thats a non argument.

@onsightit

what fud? i havnt said a single word ill of vericoin. you guys have done well and thats what brought me here to find out why. i have nothing to be nervous about.

ps. i didnt mean to put your thread off track so i apologize for that. il refrain from posting again.

And henceforth, there lies the problem: You simply don't see the issues.

Good luck.
Crindon

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 02:38:28 AM

Approaching 50,000 satoshis. How long do you think it will take for us to reach 250,000 satoshis or 500,000 satoshis?

New wallet tomorrow
New wallet July 4th with fiat USD
VRC from credit card wallet afterwards
New wallet July 19th
socal

Activity: 532

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 02:41:53 AM

you know barrabas you make me wish there was a moderated thread so that all of your inane babblings could be deleted and hopefully you kept out as well, but as that is counter to the open policy of the devs we must suffer your company and the retarded bile that you manage to regurgitate all over this thread. I for one am thankful that instead of getting fed up with your stupidity the devs have decided to use it as fuel to show you and every other FUDster/sockpuppet just how wrong, and stupid, you truly are.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
onsightit

Activity: 308

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 02:42:48 AM

It's a good sign for vrc that the fud is flying fast. Stake holders in other coins are nervous. That said, it would be great to read more about the technical details around the verious projects.

Tech details are on page 1/ on the website www.vericoin.info and one of the projects is mine which is here: https://www.startjoin.com/physvericoin shameless self promotion? possibly but gotta pimp to get things done lol

Thanks, I think I've heard about that project... Wink  Good luck.

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
RW-Stott

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 02:44:26 AM

Verisend > Darksend

It's proven.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 02:48:29 AM

you know barrabas you make me wish there was a moderated thread so that all of your inane babblings could be deleted and hopefully you kept out as well, but as that is counter to the open policy of the devs we must suffer your company and the retarded bile that you manage to regurgitate all over this thread. I for one am thankful that instead of getting fed up with your stupidity the devs have decided to use it as fuel to show you and every other FUDster/sockpuppet just how wrong, and stupid, you truly are.

You know socal, I believe you bring absolutely nothing whatsoever to this nor any boards. But I don't suffer you at all, I just zip over your posts in total certainty there there will never be anything of substance in any of them.

But I have a very nice suggestion for you that I'm sure will make you quite happy: There's is a button on your box, right there on the left, that says "ignore". I personally would be extremely thankful if you click the one under my handle.

Let me put it in graphic imagery to you: As disgusted as you might be by me, I consider you about ten gazillion times much more disgusting to me... if I were to give the thought any consideration at all. As it is, you are all but non-existent to me.

I hope you will understand my blunt frank-ness...
pnosker

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 02:52:17 AM

I am so confused. Did our openness somehow win Barabbas over?

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
onsightit

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 02:57:07 AM

VRC is the 3rd highest volume in the past 24 hours!

https://coinmarketcap.com/volume.html#vrc

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
darkproton

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 02:58:31 AM

Verisend > Darksend

It's proven.
While verisend is cool, it is neither trustless nor decentralized. The devs have even said that this is not their main priority.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 02:59:10 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2014, 03:10:54 AM by barabbas

I am so confused. Did our openness somehow win Barabbas over?

As you and Douglas very well know, your openness, even milder then, had won me over from the get go. The only reason you were not listed in THE WALL OF HONOR is the censorship in the IRC channel. And that was before douglas and david came out of the closet, so I don't understand the surprise. Yes, transparency and honesty will win me over every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Now, that said, The Black Hand involvement as well as the actual, real involvement of Joel Bosch, remain in cloudy territory for the time being.

But I like what I am seeing of late and along with criticism I don't hide praise when I believe it's due. Your openness is deserving of all praise in my book.
Always has been.
pratico

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 03:02:52 AM

Verisend > Darksend

It's proven.
While verisend is cool, it is neither trustless nor decentralized. The devs have even said that this is not their main priority.

If it's not trustless + decentralized... then whats the point?  It's only a gimmick then... well, I guess that's the point.
lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 03:03:40 AM

Approaching 50,000 satoshis. How long do you think it will take for us to reach 250,000 satoshis or 500,000 satoshis?

New wallet tomorrow
New wallet July 4th with fiat USD
VRC from credit card wallet afterwards
New wallet July 19th

to the moon when an awesome android/iphone wallet with all the functions fiat,credit,conversion....etc. Wallet is a big deal it allows cave men/women who are not tech savvy to just push a button from there wallet. Problem with crypto is cave people who only know fiat cannot adapt to it easy. Most of the world are not tech savvy.  Once we get that main part of the formula.....UTILITY then we start reinforcing value
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 03:06:10 AM

Verisend > Darksend

It's proven.

If it's not trustless + decentralized... then whats the point?  It's only a gimmick then... well, I guess that's the point.

I believe it is a feature most people in the community wanted as the fad that it is.

There are all kinds of opinions about it of course, all respectable but mine is that there's no place for anon, nor use, on a crypto currency that hopes to break the confines of the very reduced crypto community. All coins will eventually have the best one out there as an option... an option that practyically nobody will use.
lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 03:06:27 AM

Verisend > Darksend

It's proven.

They are working on decentralizing it, didnt you watch the video ? or read this thread.
pratico

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 03:10:05 AM

Verisend > Darksend

It's proven.

They are working on decentralizing it, didnt you watch the video ? or read this thread.

Even then - it would still be trusted, and NOT trustless... and my original question stands: what's the point?  It's still only a gimmick to fool those who don't know any better.
stormia

Activity: 868

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 03:15:10 AM

Verisend > Darksend

It's proven.

I believe it is a feature most people in the community wanted as the fad that it is.

There are all kinds of opinions about it of course, all respectable but mine is that there's no place for anon, nor use, on a crypto currency that hopes to break the confines of the very reduced crypto community. All coins will eventually have the best one out there as an option... an option that practyically nobody will use.

Woah, barabbas I actually agree with you on something! Anon is nothing but a gimmick- I won't make any exact estimates but I imagine the vast majority of people currently involved in crypto will never ever use this feature. Even more so, if cryptocurrencies are to ever gain mass adoption (as I hope we all strive for) the percentage of people who would use anon features would drastically diminish further. Additionally, and I believe we have seen this with bitcoin already, it is possible that anon actually inhibits mass adoption...
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 03:18:20 AM

Verisend > Darksend

It's proven.

Woah, barabbas I actually agree with you on something! Anon is nothing but a gimmick- I won't make any exact estimates but I imagine the vast majority of people currently involved in crypto will never ever use this feature. Even more so, if cryptocurrencies are to ever gain mass adoption (as I hope we all strive for) the percentage of people who would use anon features would drastically diminish further. Additionally, and I believe we have seen this with bitcoin already, it is possible that anon actually inhibits mass adoption...

Don't worry, there's no chance it'll become a habit.
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 03:18:43 AM

Verisend > Darksend

It's proven.
not. plus darksend works now.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
stormia

Activity: 868

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 03:19:47 AM

Verisend > Darksend

It's proven.
not. plus darksend works now.

Yeah.. And supersend works now too (and they made it easy to use) so really if anything it is Darksend > Supersend > Verisend
Pages: « 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: