Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:34:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 [280] 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 04:35:38 AM

I've not seen a bigger gimmick than veribit in all my years in crypto currency.  How do you guys not see this? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills...

If it is such a gimmick, what coin do you see as having lasting value and not being gimmicky?

Any coin that offers truly innovative technology over the bitcoin platform is worth holding. Veribit holds no advantage over bitcoin, and in fact is subservient to bitcoin.

Verisend, if it becomes trustless and decentralized, would be one such example of an innovative feature.  But they are WAY behind in the race compared to DRK and XC which are both rushing for finished (non-beta) products.
You can keep mentioning DRK and XC, and you could even talk about NXT and Monero for their innovative technologies (and there's more to that list)... but at the end of the day, crypto currency needs to be functional, easy to use, and fairly distributed.  There are a ton of problems for every single crypto currency that can be talked about right now, and I hope you don't disagree, because that would be insane.  None of these technologies are ready for mass adoption/usage, but we are working to get there!

VRC seems to be a solid coin with a solid dev team. I'm not saying sell, I'm just saying veribit is not that great, IMO. Ultimately, I can do the same thing with any other altcoin as I can do with veribit, which is trade for btc to make a purchase... Can I not?

Nobody is disputing that. If you want to take the time, sure, why not. You'll save yourself a few pennies. As for me, I like the convenience, and judging from public reaction, so do many others.

Ya but the way you guys are marketing it is like its pure innovation, "use VRC anywhere btc is accepted," well, according to my previous statement, which you just agreed with, this same statement can thus be made of every altcoin. But VRC is acting like "use VRC anywhere btc is accepted" is unique to VRC. But we just both agreed any altcoin can be used to get the same end result that veribit gives. How is this not a marketing gimmick then?

You do use VeriCoin anywhere Bitcoin is accepted. Right from your wallet. You don't waste your time changing VeriCoin into Bitcoin or Bitcoin into USD or anything like that. You enter the Bitcoin address into your wallet and push send. That is innovation. If you can't see that, you are blind and there is nothing more we can say. You will continue in your ignorance and we will continus to spend VeriCoin anywhere Bitcoin is accepted.

Cheers.

Cool, I'll continue to spend the other 10 alts I own anywhere bitcoin is accepted as well, by trading them for btc, just like veribit does. Enjoy your gimmick for the p&d.

Bitcoin has what, 10% a year inflation, VeriCoin has 2.3% inflation roughly. If you stake your wallet, you get the 2.3%, so you can keep up, and spend like Bitcoin.

Oh, have you mentioned that you can buy with bitcoin anonymously through the wallet? Can you do that with your 10 alts?

If you hold Bitcoin, You will have to buy or mine 10% more this year to keep up with the inflation. Here you just turn on your wallet and fortify the network to be paid your modest interest.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:37:07 AM

Here's the main thing I worry about- DRK is much further along in implementing decentralized anonymity than VRC is. Once they have it working, implementing "Darkbit" to imitate Veribit is a trivial thing for them to do. Could happen extremely quickly.

Whereas VRC will still be looking at a long, hard road to decentralized anonymity. DRK is doing they harder thing first, VRC is doing a lot of fast easy things first. The other problem is that DRK is much higher profile than VRC.

I like VRC, I like the team.  I'm glad they're open with their identities, and they seem able to handle things, if still a little rough around the edges.

But there's nothing certain here, and if they don't keep delivering, and delivering fast, and delivering on bigger things, another coin could still easily dominate this market.

There's big risks here, still.
buy4crypto

Activity: 434

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 04:37:56 AM

we will continus to spend VeriCoin anywhere Bitcoin is accepted.

Is it possible through awareness and growth of the Vericoin name that some places may choose to accept Vericoin prior to consideration of BTC? Not exactly as a competitor to BTC, but in similar fashion to how some businesses accept Discover card and others accept American Express. Obviously this would be a ways off, but if the hype continues in the fashion it is, name dropping by important people, it seems plausible.

VeriBit is a gateway until the demand cuts out Bitcoin and wants the faster transaction time of VeriCoin itself.

████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
sdmathis

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:39:05 AM

Is it possible through awareness and growth of the Vericoin name that some places may choose to accept Vericoin prior to consideration of BTC? Not exactly as a competitor to BTC, but in similar fashion to how some businesses accept Discover card and others accept American Express. Obviously this would be a ways off, but if the hype continues in the fashion it is, name dropping by important people, it seems plausible.

That is definitely our goal. In the future, VeriCoin itself will be accepted many places that Bitcoin is and is not accepted. Until then, we have VeriBit.

socal

Activity: 532

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:49:08 AM

Everyone there are still some 1 OZ .999 Fine Silver Physical Vericoins available for pre-order, go here to reserve yours now! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=669672.msg7574149#msg7574149

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
GridWorker

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:49:27 AM

if you look at an average consumer, whether they’re aware of bitcoin technology or not, it’s not necessarily optimised for them. That’s something that will need to change.

“It’s obvious that bitcoin has a lot of mindshare and momentum,” he said, “but it was designed before we really knew what we needed. I think we’re still figuring out what we need. There’s a chance that a cryptocurrency will be a winner and it won’t be bitcoin.”

http://www.coindesk.com/stripe-cto-bitcoin-unify-worlds-financial-systems/

vrc: VBL3M6EzwcYZWeuDpgjG9bDQzTKb4ydiDy
sdmathis

Activity: 546

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:51:52 AM

Here's the main thing I worry about- DRK is much further along in implementing decentralized anonymity than VRC is. Once they have it working, implementing "Darkbit" to imitate Veribit is a trivial thing for them to do. Could happen extremely quickly.

Whereas VRC will still be looking at a long, hard road to decentralized anonymity. DRK is doing they harder thing first, VRC is doing a lot of fast easy things first. The other problem is that DRK is much higher profile than VRC.

I like VRC, I like the team.  I'm glad they're open with their identities, and they seem able to handle things, if still a little rough around the edges.

But there's nothing certain here, and if they don't keep delivering, and delivering fast, and delivering on bigger things, another coin could still easily dominate this market.

Here's the thing that nobody is considering. Crypto will eventually be regulated by the government. California has enacted legislation that makes crypto legal. Canada is already starting to regulate companies that deal in crypto. Western Union recently stated that they will accept digital currency when (not if) it is regulated. As soon as crypto is regulated, anon will not be allowed. As a matter of fact, if crypto is ever classified as money instead of property, most systems of anon will become money laundering and become a Federal crime.

Anon is simply a short lived fad. Coins like VeriCoin can simply remove the option, but coins who have anon coded into the blockchain will require a hard fork.

I wouldn't be surprised if this happens before coins like DRK get their anon issues ironed out.

This is my personal opinion. I am not speaking for the VeriCoin team.

Fippy

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:52:37 AM

I kind of compare this phase in crypto to the advent of credit cards.

First there was the store specific credit cards, from places like Sears, Macy's, etc. You could only use them at at their own specific stores though, and were therefore limited in usefulness. Then came along Bank Americard. Usable anywhere a merchant would take it.

Today, stores still have their own credit cards, and people still use them from time to time, but the market cap of them is small, and obviously still limited in use.

Bank Americard is now what the world knows as Visa, the largest payment processor worldwide.

History has a tendency to repeat itself.

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™
┨PRE-SALE  : 25th MAY - 25th JUNE ▌MAIN-SALE: 26th JUNE - 03rd JULY┠
LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Telegram Medium Reddit
Autodidact

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:53:53 AM

I've not seen a bigger gimmick than veribit in all my years in crypto currency.  How do you guys not see this? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills...

If it is such a gimmick, what coin do you see as having lasting value and not being gimmicky?

Any coin that offers truly innovative technology over the bitcoin platform is worth holding. Veribit holds no advantage over bitcoin, and in fact is subservient to bitcoin.

Verisend, if it becomes trustless and decentralized, would be one such example of an innovative feature.  But they are WAY behind in the race compared to DRK and XC which are both rushing for finished (non-beta) products.
You can keep mentioning DRK and XC, and you could even talk about NXT and Monero for their innovative technologies (and there's more to that list)... but at the end of the day, crypto currency needs to be functional, easy to use, and fairly distributed.  There are a ton of problems for every single crypto currency that can be talked about right now, and I hope you don't disagree, because that would be insane.  None of these technologies are ready for mass adoption/usage, but we are working to get there!

VRC seems to be a solid coin with a solid dev team. I'm not saying sell, I'm just saying veribit is not that great, IMO. Ultimately, I can do the same thing with any other altcoin as I can do with veribit, which is trade for btc to make a purchase... Can I not?

Nobody is disputing that. If you want to take the time, sure, why not. You'll save yourself a few pennies. As for me, I like the convenience, and judging from public reaction, so do many others.

Ya but the way you guys are marketing it is like its pure innovation, "use VRC anywhere btc is accepted," well, according to my previous statement, which you just agreed with, this same statement can thus be made of every altcoin. But VRC is acting like "use VRC anywhere btc is accepted" is unique to VRC. But we just both agreed any altcoin can be used to get the same end result that veribit gives. How is this not a marketing gimmick then?

You do use VeriCoin anywhere Bitcoin is accepted. Right from your wallet. You don't waste your time changing VeriCoin into Bitcoin or Bitcoin into USD or anything like that. You enter the Bitcoin address into your wallet and push send. That is innovation. If you can't see that, you are blind and there is nothing more we can say. You will continue in your ignorance and we will continus to spend VeriCoin anywhere Bitcoin is accepted.

Cheers.

Cool, I'll continue to spend the other 10 alts I own anywhere bitcoin is accepted as well, by trading them for btc, just like veribit does. Enjoy your gimmick for the p&d.
Why don't you go down to your local grocery store and tell them what a bunch of bullcrap marketing gimmick pump and dump schemes they have going on!!  CAN'T YOU JUST GO FARM YOUR OWN FOOD!??!  Why go through THEM?!?!  It couldn't POSSIBLY be for the CONVENIENCE of them doing all the work for you... right?!?!  What kind of innovation do they REALLY offer you over the other grocery store?!?!  SCAMMERS!!!!!!!!!!
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:00:06 AM

Here's the thing that nobody is considering. Crypto will eventually be regulated by the government. California has enacted legislation that makes crypto legal. Canada is already starting to regulate companies that deal in crypto. Western Union recently stated that they will accept digital currency when (not if) it is regulated. As soon as crypto is regulated, anon will not be allowed. As a matter of fact, if crypto is ever classified as money instead of property, most systems of anon will become money laundering and become a Federal crime.

Anon is simply a short lived fad. Coins like VeriCoin can simply remove the option, but coins who have anon coded into the blockchain will require a hard fork.

I wouldn't be surprised if this happens before coins like DRK get their anon issues ironed out.

We'll said.

I do agree about the anonymous fad.  For crypto to be accepted here in the states it would have to be transparent. 
silkybrah

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:09:27 AM

That is definitely our goal. In the future, VeriCoin itself will be accepted many places that Bitcoin is and is not accepted. Until then, we have VeriBit.

Yup, exactly.
blackbird307

Activity: 238

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:10:38 AM

Gotto admit I was skeptical until I saw verisend work a few times.  I'll be buying now as we go up

Verisend is both trusted and centralized (as opposed to trustless and decentralized). In other words, it's a completely worthless anonymity solution. AKA, it's a gimmick, kind of like how veribit is a gimmick, just in a different sort of way.

Thanks for the FUD...

The Devs have already stated that they are working on complete decentrialized system for Verisend and Veribit.

Tell me how its a gimmick, where can I you spend your Dark, XC, Monero, Black, Peer, NXT, NEM? Don't give me 3-5 websites either!

Now where can I spend my Vericoin? Oh right....anywhere Bitcoin is!

Vericoin = Checkmate other shitcoins!

Tell me why I would use VRC to purchase something when I can use bitcoin? All veribit does is allow someone to exchange VRC for btc on their website as opposed to doing so on an exchange. It doesn't get more gimmicky than that.  The price of this coin is ridiculously inflated.  There is nothing truly innovative that VRC offers.

XC is another shitcoin which I can't use anywhere, that's going nowhere, and hasn't even moved in price. You gotta be trolling, go away.

Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:24:20 AM

We'll said.

I do agree about the anonymous fad.  For crypto to be accepted here in the states it would have to be transparent. 
[/quote

Dev pnosker has said repeatedly that VeriCoin anon is not a priority for him and that it's likely absolute anon isn't  attainable anyway.

VeriCoin does have an anon capability but it is in response to what the end users R asking for not because he see it as something useful.

On a recent hangout he said and I quote him loosley " Anon is for those who have something to hide and I have nothing to hide"

Proponents of anon say it's a privacy issue. Do U believe them?

pnosker has also stated he wonders about the real demand for anon due to the fact that  VeriCoin's  Verisend anon feature is up and running and is hardly being used. I'm interested to C if that trend continues

pnosker please correct me if I'm telling tales out of school

Kevondo

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:40:59 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2014, 06:00:16 AM by Kevondo

I posted this on Vericoin Face book international but I can't get the link to work

so here it is.

Remember it's for FaceBook-- Newbies and all

AKA Kevondo, I'm  a Flower Power Guy, Ya know Peace,Love and Understanding. We were gonna change the world.

This is my first post to this page. It's much too long but I think the reader will come away with an understanding of what crypto Currencies R with a focus on VeriCoin. I ask for your indulgence.

Music was a major catalyst for me. CS&N's implorational "Teach Your Children"  spoke to me with the line that you;
 "must have a code; you can live by".  
Tommy J's writing's assured me of my unalienable rights and thus was spawned "Kevondo's Rules".

They R many. They're always up for review, amendment, or disinclusion.
Here's a few:
                 "The Fat Lady never sings." (With apologies to Yogi Berra)
                          "All of Life is part of the Divine." (Hindu saying)
          " Life is not Fair. GET OVER IT!" ( C  "Eagles" tunes of same name)

IK'sHO The world is it's own dynamic engine and in a state of flux @ all times. What will never change is the "Human Condition", For me Maslow provides context.

http://eppicinc.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/maslowabc.jpg

Then....  (in no particular order of importance) there's what I call the Big 3. MONEY, SEX, & POWER.

Next come the issues. Again just a sampling: Racism, Women's Rights, the environment, Sexual Orientation, Tobacco use and on and on.

So what does this all have to do with VeriCoin?

Kevondo's Rules include "Stay Current."

Take the "Integrated Circuit" (IC). Invented by Jack Kirby in 1958. The IC ended the 'Tyranny of Numbers" and opened  Pandora's Box. Consumers got their first real taste of them with the hand-held calculator in the late 60's early 70's. By the late 70's "The Woz" (Steve Wozniak) came out of his garage with the microcomputer.

Fast forward to 2014 and Crypto Currencies (CC's). The immensity of the leap from the first common use of IC's to CC's.occurred in less than 40 years. Try to stay current with that!

This "BitCoin (BTC) Stuff" intrigued and confounded me. I listened and read, finally  jumping into the pool this past April. I approached CC's as I would a Video Game  played with money.

What I found out was, somebody or some group of guys calling themselves Satoshi Nakamoto published a White Paper in 2008. Here's the White Paper. Read @ your own risk. It's a mind messer.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/ui=2&ik=4cb27d6977&view=att&th=146e89762872814b&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_hx0lzkh80&safe=1&zw

The identity/identities of the author(s) is an ongoing mystery. BTC sprung from this publication and morphing resulted in Alternative Coins (ALT's)  all of which R CC's.

I would describe the CC World as a free for all between the  best/worst character traits of humanity. There is no regulating body. The only absolute is the Computer Code which needs to be given instructions. That's what Coin Developers (Dev's) do. Anyone can create a coin ( The Code is Open Source) and  It either works or doesn't. Then the free markets rules, and the game is on.

Anyone can play. U don't have to be a Dev. Coins can be bought and/or sold on the many exchanges which emulate the major stock exchanges. Except there R no rules. A MAJOR CAVEAT!!! LOL!

Besides purchasing coins outright. There r others ways to obtain them. The primary way is through cyber-mining.

A CC Dev creates a "Genesis Block".  Coins come into being as a Reward to computers/miners for helping find/solve a mathematical problem/ algorithm which finds the next "Block". After a Block is found it  has to be "Solved".
The Contributors/Workers/Miners get shares  of the "Block Reward" for Solving each Block commensurate with the amount of "HASH"/solving power generated by their "mining rig/computer" and "aimed" @ the Block  Chain (Each Block is linked to the previous one in numerical order forming a Chain of Blocks). Then another Block has to be "Found" by the miners and so on and so forth.

Coins R the Reward/Spoils of mining and r stored in cyber or paper "Wallets" where they are available for spending,exchanging, or staking      ( another long explanation I won't go into now).

If all this doesn't get your monkey ready to throw a wrench. Read on

So I started mining and trading. Playin' the game. It's a lot of fun. Addictive in the vein of all video games. I'm running up a huge sleep debt, and my head gets tired Like never before. Could be because I'm old!!!! LOL

BTC is The Gold Standard.Iit isn't going any where ( at least until VeriCoin gets up to speed LOL!) and there r many solid coins with honest Dev's

But I'm tellin' ya. The lying, cheating, thievery, scamming and deciet I'm found was disheartening. When I told a  friend I was gonna try mining he told me it was the "Wild West" and to watch out. I had no idea.

AND... there R'nt any sheriff's or conseqences. People spread Fear, Uncertainty, & Doubt ( FUD in the lexicon of Crypto-Speak) with innuendo, lies, false postings, personal attacks, and Character assassination.

People and Dev's all have screen names. aliases, and r impossible to identify. This only enables and emboldens the under handed. You can't tell who anyone really is.!!

Dev's just disappear, letting their coin die after selling off secret stashes they wrote into the code for themselves.

Don't get me wrong now. There's a upside here. Satoshi's creation was as much a philosophical solution to  the unremitting battle between humanity's dark side and the light and the way of peace and harmony. For me  Satoshi was espousing the Democratazation of commerce. Taking it out of the death grip the goverments, money lenders, bankers and credit card companies have on modern society and giving it back to the people.

But it's up to the Humans who R involved and when skullduggery is afoot, one numbskull can ruin everything and there r herds of these low roaders swarming around through the accounting journals that are Crypto  Currencies.

The way I'm playin' the game is by looking for Satoshi's Disciples. Dev's with a community around their coin who are on the "Light and the Way" Team.
I go about it by getting involved, and checking  it out making up my own mind and look to build a relationship with the Dev's and the followers. Kevondo's Rule for relationships states
" ...Trust is the prime ingredient"

I Believe I've found them. They R the VeriCoin Team.

Again just speaking for me. Statoshi  is the  Yoda of Crypto.

I C the three Developers of Vericoin as The Jedi Knights of the Crypto Universe.  Obiwan, Han Solo, and Luke,  Han's  donated the use of the Millenium Falcon so if U wanta'  visit the Deigaba System I'm sure they'd  be glad to drop U off on their way by. The rumor is Alpha Centuri is their first stop on the infinite expedition they're on. They R Boldly going.....

Come and Join the VeriCoin Community. Everyone's welcome.

To find out who the Dev's R in the real world.

Go Here  http://www.vericoin.info/   and Click on <Team>

The aren't hiding from anything or anyone. They're creating a new paradigm for us all. I call it "Satoshi's Template". But that's just me.  
portdavenport

Activity: 166

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:47:28 AM

I posted this on Vericoin Face book international but I can't get the link to work

so here it is.

Remember it's for FaceBook-- Newbies and all

AKA Kevondo, I'm  a Flower Power Guy, Ya know Peace,Love and Understanding. We were gonna change the world.

This is my first post to this page. It's much to long but I think the reader will come away with an understanding of what crypto Currencies R with a focus on VeriCoin. I ask for your indulgence.

Music was a major catalyst for me. CS&N's implorational "Teach Your Children"  spoke to me with the line hat you;
 "must have a code; you can live by".  
Tommy J's writing's assured me of my unalienable rights and thus was spawned "Kevondo's Rules".

They R many. They're always up for review, amendment, or disinclusion.
Here's a few:
                 "The Fat Lady never sings." (With apologies to Yogi Berra)
                          "All of Life is part of the Divine." (Hindu saying)
          " Life is not Fair. GET OVER IT!" ( C  "Eagles" tunes of same name)

IK'sHO The world is it's own dynamic engine and in a state of flux @ all times. What will never change is the "Human Condition", For me Maslow provides context.

http://eppicinc.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/maslowabc.jpg

Then....  (in no particular order of importance) there's what I call the Big 3. MONEY, SEX, & POWER.

Next come the issues. Again just a sampling: Racism, Women's Rights, the environment, Sexual Orientation, Tobacco use and on and on.

So what does this all have to do with VeriCoin?

Kevondo's Rules include "Stay Current."

Take the "Integrated Circuit" (IC). Invented by Jack Kirby in 1958. The IC ended the 'Tyranny of Numbers" and opened  Pandora's Box. Consumers got their first real taste of them with the hand-held calculator in the late 60's early 70's. By the late 70's "The Woz" (Steve Wozniak) came out of his garage with the microcomputer.

Fast forward to 2014 and Crypto Currencies (CC's). The immensity of the leap from the first common use of IC's to CC's.occurred in less than 40 years. Try to stay current with that!

This "BitCoin (BTC) Stuff" intrigued and confounded me. I listened and read, finally  jumping into the pool this past April. I approached CC's as I would a Video Game  played with money.

What I found out was, somebody or some group of guys calling themselves Satoshi Nakamoto published a White Paper in 2008. Here's the White Paper. Read @ your own risk. It's a mind messer.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/ui=2&ik=4cb27d6977&view=att&th=146e89762872814b&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_hx0lzkh80&safe=1&zw

The identity/identities of the author(s) is an ongoing mystery. BTC sprung from this publication and morphing resulted in Alternative Coins (ALT's)  all of which R CC's.

I would describe the CC World as a free for all between the  best/worst character traits of humanity. There is no regulating body. The only absolute is the Computer Code which needs to be given instructions. That's what Coin Developers (Dev's) do. Anyone can create a coin ( The Code is Open Source) and  It either works or doesn't. Then the free markets rules, and the game is on.

Anyone can play. U don't have to be a Dev. Coins can be bought and/or sold on the many exchanges which emulate the major stock exchanges. Except there R no rules. A MAJOR CAVEAT!!! LOL!

Besides purchasing coins outright. There r others ways to obtain them. The primary way is through cyber-mining.

A CC Dev creates a "Genesis Block".  Coins come into being as a Reward to computers/miners for helping find/solve a mathematical problem/ algorithm which finds the next "Block". After a Block is found it  has to be "Solved".
The Contributors/Workers/Miners get shares  of the "Block Reward" for Solving each Block commensurate with the amount of "HASH"/solving power generated by their "mining rig/computer" and "aimed" @ the Block  Chain (Each Block is linked to the previous one in numerical order forming a Chain of Blocks). Then another Block has to be "Found" by the miners and so on and so forth.

Coins R the Reward/Spoils of mining and r stored in cyber or paper "Wallets" where they are available for spending,exchanging, or staking      ( another long explanation I won't go into now).

If all this doesn't get your monkey ready to throw a wrench. Read on

So I started mining and trading. Playin' the game. It's a lot of fun. Addictive in the vein of all video games. I'm running up a huge sleep debt, and my head get tired.LIke never before. Could be because I'm old!!!! LOL

BTC is The Gold Standard.Iit isn't going any where ( at least until VeriCoin gets up to speed LOL!) and there r many solid coins with honest Dev's

But I'm tellin' ya. The lying, cheating, thievery, scamming and deciet I'm found was disheartening. When I told a  friend I was gonna try mining he told me it was the "Wild West" and to watch out. I had no idea.

AND... there R'nt any sheriff's or conseqences. People spread Fear, Uncertainty, & Doubt ( FUD in the lexicon of Crypto-Speak) with innuendo, lies, false postings, personal attacks, and Character assassination.

People and Dev's all have screen names. aliases, and r impossible to identify. This only enables and emboldens the under handed. You can't tell who anyone really is.!!

Dev's just disappear, letting their coin die after selling off secret stashes they wrote into the code for themselves.

Don't get me wrong now. There's a upside here. Satoshi's creation was as much a philosophical solution to  the unremitting battle between humanity's dark side and the light and the way of peace and harmony. For me  Satoshi was espousing the Democratazation of commerce. Taking it out of the death grip the goverments, money lenders, bankers and credit card companies have on modern society and giving it back to the people.

But it's up to the Humans who R involved and when skullduggery is afoot, one numbskull can ruin everything and there r herds of these low roaders swarming around through the accounting journals that are Crypto  Currencies.

The way I'm playin' the game is by looking for Satoshi's Disciples. Dev's with a community around their coin who are on the "Light and the Way" Team.
I go about it by getting involved, and checking  it out making up my own mind and look to build a relationship with the Dev's and the followers. Kevondo's Rule for relationships states
" ...Trust is the prime ingredient"

I Believe I've found them. They R the VeriCoin Team.

Again just speaking for me. Statoshi  is the  Yoda of Crypto.

I C the three Developers of Vericoin as The Jedi Knights of the Crypto Universe.  Obiwan, Han Solo, and Luke,  Han's  donated the use of the Millenium Falcon so if U wanta'  visit the Deigaba System I'm sure they'd  be glad to drop U off on their way by. The rumor is Alpha Centuri is their first stop on the infinite expedition they're on. They R Boldly going.....

Come and Join the VeriCoin Community. Everyone's welcome.

To find out who the Dev's R in the real world.

Go Here  http://www.vericoin.info/   and Click on <Team>

The aren't hiding from anything or anyone. They're creating a new paradigm for us all. I call it "Satoshi's Template". But that's just me.  

Seriously Dude, you 'need' to watch the last few minutes of this German YouTube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMOPtIryZro

9m35s forward.

portdavenport
J9901

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:01:33 AM

Cheers.

Why don't you go down to your local grocery store and tell them what a bunch of bullcrap marketing gimmick pump and dump schemes they have going on!!  CAN'T YOU JUST GO FARM YOUR OWN FOOD!??!  Why go through THEM?!?!  It couldn't POSSIBLY be for the CONVENIENCE of them doing all the work for you... right?!?!  What kind of innovation do they REALLY offer you over the other grocery store?!?!  SCAMMERS!!!!!!!!!!

i lold.

surprised anybody took his flawed logic seriously.  Roll Eyes
T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:12:57 AM

Bitcoin edging back up after the down period.

It'll be interesting to see in the long term how Vericoin prices react alongside Bitcoin. Seeing as Vericoin leverages part of Bitcoin's glory with Verisend, there should be some correlating price action.

EDIT: Veribit

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:19:10 AM

The price has been moving with the market all day seems to be in a stable place atm
Kevondo

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:24:02 AM

Ya man that's fertile ground for crypto. As a matter of fact the site  moderator  https://www.facebook.com/groups/vericoin.international/   commented and asked me not to mention politics.I think he's in Portugal. So he's probably nervous about being responsible for the sites' content.

Germans r proactive. Glad u put me on to it
Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:57:40 AM

Bitcoin edging back up after the down period.

It'll be interesting to see in the long term how Vericoin prices react alongside Bitcoin. Seeing as Vericoin leverages part of Bitcoin's glory with Verisend, there should be some correlating price action.

EDIT: Veribit

Whoa, what the hell BTC? That's kind of a sudden jump.
Pages: « 1 ... 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 [280] 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: