Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:04:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 [293] 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 11:59:00 PM

VSRU4HRgtqHifQaXN3QkQrdTRHdWLwUGZj

Here is the untested simple example code I threw together. Obviously I could write this to be much more sophisticated but I wanted to get my point across. I think lowering the time to two minutes will help but I think there is still a fair amount of exposure, since I can stagger the trades. Also would I not be able to extract the API calls from your client? How does removing the web-interface resolve the problem besides adding a bit more work?

We can talk in private about how you can better secure this system if you are interested.

require 'net/http'
require 'json'

# Would need to write code to manage number of threads
# and stagger their start times to maximize attack surface
#Thread.new do
  while true
    @time_up = Time.now + (60*2)

uri = URI('http://verisend.vericoin.info/Default/SendBtc?sendto=1NsqLEmk7bckyxocJToBYmgkte2j5KMGZp&amount=1')
    arbitrage = Net::HTTP.get(uri)
    @vrc_amount = arbitrage.split(' ')[1]
    @vrc_address = arbitrage.split(' ')[4]
    p @vrc_amount
    p @vrc_address

while @time_up > Time.now
      p "Time remaining: #{@time_up - Time.now}"

uri = URI('https://api.mintpal.com/v1/market/stats/VRC/BTC')
      market_data = JSON.parse(Net::HTTP.get(uri)).first
      last_price = market_data['last_price']
      # You would need to add in trading fees
      price_per_bitcoin = 1 / last_price.to_f
      p price_per_bitcoin
      if @vrc_amount.to_f < price_per_bitcoin
        difference = price_per_bitcoin - @vrc_amount.to_f
        p "Difference of #{difference}"
        if difference > 500
          p "Good time to send money!"
          system("./vericoind sendmoneyto #{vrc_address} #{@vrc_amount}")
        end
      end
    end
    p "Times up! Time to try again!"
  end
#end

I've sent you a bug bounty of 250 VRC (or around $75+). Thanks again for your help. 2 minutes is just for now. We will reduce it to be less than 10 seconds as the wallet client is instanteous at sending commands (no copy and pasting, etc.). Removing the web interface just because it's unnecessary now that the client is working well. So staggering 10 second trade windows wouldn't be super effective. Anyway, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I appreciate the calm well reasoned response, I'm not here to champion any specific coin - that is what day traders do. I'm a developer is very interested in the overall health of the ecosystem as a whole. Which is why I think you should release all the code open source that runs on the server so it can be properly audited by the community.

What exactly are you doing on your twitter account? Looks like your are a day trader?

Don't come here and expect us to believe you care. You could have PM'd the dev off the bat if you cared about the community.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yourstruly

Activity: 308

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 12:00:25 AM

Here is the untested simple example code I threw together. Obviously I could write this to be much more sophisticated but I wanted to get my point across. I think lowering the time to two minutes will help but I think there is still a fair amount of exposure, since I can stagger the trades. Also would I not be able to extract the API calls from your client? How does removing the web-interface resolve the problem besides adding a bit more work?

We can talk in private about how you can better secure this system if you are interested.

require 'net/http'
require 'json'

#Thread.new do
  while true

uri = URI('http://verisend.vericoin.info/Default/SendBtc?sendto=1NsqLEmk7bckyxocJToBYmgkte2j5KMGZp&amount=1')
    p @vrc_amount
    p @vrc_address

p price_per_bitcoin
        if difference > 500
        end
      end
    end
  end
#end

I've sent you a bug bounty of 250 VRC (or around $75+). Thanks again for your help. 2 minutes is just for now. We will reduce it to be less than 10 seconds as the wallet client is instanteous at sending commands (no copy and pasting, etc.). Removing the web interface just because it's unnecessary now that the client is working well. So staggering 10 second trade windows wouldn't be super effective. Anyway, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I appreciate the calm well reasoned response, I'm not here to champion any specific coin - that is what day traders do. I'm a developer is very interested in the overall health of the ecosystem as a whole. Which is why I think you should release all the code open source that runs on the server so it can be properly audited by the community.

What exactly are you doing on your twitter account? Looks like your are a day trader.  Huh

I don't use twitter and never would >.<

Excoin - Innovative Cryptocurrency Exchange - https://exco.in
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 12:02:08 AM

require 'net/http'
require 'json'

#Thread.new do
  while true

p @vrc_amount
    p @vrc_address

p price_per_bitcoin
        if difference > 500
        end
      end
    end
  end
#end

What exactly are you doing on your twitter account? Looks like your are a day trader.  Huh

I don't use twitter and never would >.<

I quoted wrong person. My fault. Avatar of yours and another look similar.

Just a bit annoyed when people attack this coin, its one of the ones with the right team and the right motivations.

Im going to go cool off, long day of web design and its way to hot here! Please accept my appology.

████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
sdmathis

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:21:56 AM

VeriFund is simply a fund that swings back and forth from VRC to BTC. It does not fall under US tax code as there is never any conversion to FIAT and thus is just one property trading for another.

If that's true, then Bittrex wouldn't have to pay any taxes under the US tax code either. Until they convert to fiat you mean. But something still seems to be missing as that would mean you could operate a non-fiat exchange and never report a profit until you exchange to fiat.
VeriFund doesn't sell to fiat, it just pays bounties. Bittrex takes fees and pays people.

The IRS has not given any guidance whether trading BTC for altcoin is considered "same kind" or "different kind" property. But some people are paying the capital gains on their altcoin trades to be on the safe side. The problem here is if the IRS says, "Altcoin is considered different properties." Now all of a sudden every single BTC purchased by VeriFund is a taxable event. That's what I'm worried about.

I'm curious how Bittrex deals with this. I'll ask them and see how they answer.

US tax code is unclear in this area. I'm sure that the IRS will interpret the tax code in their favor, but it will remain unclear until the issue comes before a court or the tax code is rewritten.

bezekal

Activity: 148
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:34:17 AM

that is the most interesting altcoin i saw lately!!
pnosker

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:19:32 AM

Pretty sure I was able to crash veribit with a few lines of code. I'll stop once I prove it works.

No your IP just got auto banned for flooding. That and we deactivated the web service.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
kleineaap

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:57:16 AM

Pretty sure I was able to crash veribit with a few lines of code. I'll stop once I prove it works.

No your IP just got auto banned for flooding. That and we deactivated the web service.

Hah awesome!

| Minexcoin A new era of payments

LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
koralon

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:13:01 AM

ROFL

Come on, let that man feel like a leet hacker for a little while.
MAD945

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:35:14 AM

Thats going down in the history books for future generations of Vericoin owners  Cheesy
Crindon

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:51:57 AM

Is J Bosch wizrig in charge of PR and marketing?

What are his background and history?
lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:57:34 AM

What is his background and history?

Are you asking so people can start an argument lol, I don't blame you I wanna buy more cheap coins also but I cant read through that again it was painful. Just watch the you-tube videos he says all about himself for a very very long time I might add. Or ask him yourself on their next live google chat. They were anwsering my question rite through the posts under the video it was really awesome. 
Crindon

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:05:41 AM
Last edit: July 01, 2014, 04:18:45 AM by Crindon

Are you asking so people can start an argument lol, I don't blame you I wanna buy more cheap coins also but I cant read through that again it was painful. Just watch the you-tube videos he says all about himself for a very very long time I might add. Or ask him yourself on their next live google chat. They were anwsering my question rite through the posts under the video it was really awesome.  

No, the latest item on the Vericoin Twitter was a retweet of him. I am asking because I want to know what his background and history are. I think I read somewhere in this thread something negative about him, but it may have come from IE, so no one really knows if that is legit or not.
lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:21:08 AM

No, the latest item on the Vericoin Twitter was a retweet of him. I am asking because I want to know what his background and history are. I think I read somewhere in this thread something negative about him, but it may have come from IE, so no one really knows how legit that is.

The best PR is us telling people about it via/ twitter, family parties, meetups, etc. In conclusion of any drama the fact is he donated to the devs with nothing asking for nothing in return but their hard work. The devs can cut him at anytime so doing something negative on his part would do nothing positive for him but just tarnish his name so no one will ever listen to him again and/or he would lose his investment. So I will believe in him and the team. Rock on guys lets take down bitcoin !!!!
patronis

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:26:39 AM

No, the latest item on the Vericoin Twitter was a retweet of him. I am asking because I want to know what his background and history are. I think I read somewhere in this thread something negative about him, but it may have come from IE, so no one really knows if that is legit or not.

Tricky,tricky is it a new form of starting FUD , the "shady marketing guy" approach? LOL i can tell you bad or good he did 1000% more for the coin and comunity then you will ever do in your life so stop it the guy is legit.
onsightit

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 04:49:29 AM
Last edit: July 01, 2014, 05:14:00 AM by onsightit

9M market cap!  Next major ATH, 72k - psyched.

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
Crindon

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:59:25 AM

Tricky,tricky is it a new form of starting FUD , the "shady marketing guy" approach? LOL i can tell you bad or good he did 1000% more for the coin and comunity then you will ever do in your life so stop it the guy is legit.

Check my post history. The last thing I want to do is FUD Vericoin. What has this thread come to? Anyone who asks any legit questions and you start turning on VRC supporters?
onsightit

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 05:05:09 AM

Check my post history. The last thing I want to do is FUD Vericoin. What has this thread come to? Anyone who asks any legit questions and you start turning on VRC supporters?

I understand where you are coming from. If you don't know the guy, you'd like to know if the person behind PR, or anything else, is above board.  Me too.  Since i do not know him either, I have to go with the consensus that he's legit.  One of many things to weigh and sort about this coin...

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
koralon

Activity: 185

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 05:24:49 AM

He is an investor and paying for PR himself.

He is not a man of empty promises like you.
surestrike

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 05:30:38 AM

I know Wiz, J Bosch, someone sent me a scam message and that twitter message was meant to be a private message.  

This is all that you have to know.  Wiz, is the hardest working person in crypto. Period.  He is the most honest and caring person i have ever known in crypto and exactly the way he is in the 'real' world.  This guy has done outstanding work in his real life jobs and for crypto. (there is a good reason why people will happily pay him 3 figure btc sums to work for them) If Wiz was not working as hard as he is for this coin, i cna assure you it would not see the price it is at now or the price it will be in the future, it is that simple.

There is no better man to have on board working night and day for Vericoin.  Their are big plans and deals being made that is going to take Vericoin to real life business and get Vericoin introduced to very powerful and influential people, who in turns can take vericoin from a great crypto coin, to world wide , daily use.

So please, i beg you, stop with all this doubting it is hurting the coin and having a unnecessary negative impact on wiz. Please put all of this behind us.

Also we would like to speak with someone, maybe buy4crypto about having a website designed, for vericoin news, to keep people up to date. A site like the 'dailydoge.com' would be ideal.  

So if anyone here can create something like that, please send me a message.  Many thanks.

PS: Can the moderators remove those pictures with said message that is causing this harmful doubting, thank you!

loges

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 05:38:09 AM

I know Wiz, J Bosch, someone sent me a scam message and that twitter message was meant to be a private message.  

This is all that you have to know.  Wiz, is the hardest working person in crypto. Period.  He is the most honest and caring person i have ever known in crypto and exactly the way he is in the 'real' world.  This guy has done outstanding work in his real life jobs and for crypto. (there is a good reason why people will happily pay him 3 figure btc sums to work for them) If Wiz was not working as hard as he is for this coin, i cna assure you it would not see the price it is at now or the price it will be in the future, it is that simple.

There is no better man to have on board working night and day for Vericoin.  Their are big plans and deals being made that is going to take Vericoin to real life business and get Vericoin introduced to very powerful and influential people, who in turns can take vericoin from a great crypto coin, to world wide , daily use.

So please, i beg you, stop with all this doubting it is hurting the coin and having a unnecessary negative impact on wiz. Please put all of this behind us.

Also we would like to speak with someone, maybe buy4crypto about having a website designed, for vericoin news, to keep people up to date. A site like the 'dailydoge.com' would be ideal.  

So if anyone here can create something like that, please send me a message.  Many thanks.

PS: Can the moderators remove those pictures with said message that is causing this harmful doubting, thank you!

VRC price rise is over for now and the long term.  Just look at any coin on mintpal and see the max charts.  

There is no chance VRC is gonig to 25k nevermind 30k in the next month or two and you can quote me on that. 

I hope i am proven wrong for the bag holders or the people who got caught in the dump.  This is crypto, ALWAYS cash in when you show good profits like 100%+ if you do that every time you will be very happy by the end of the year.

If you hold when the price is pumped and do not sell... keep doing that and you will end up with a many different coins that are now worth less than you paid for them. 

Always go to sleep with BTC in your wallet..... 
I found that jem from you. Who payed you to make a 180?
Pages: « 1 ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 [293] 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: