Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:07:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 [299] 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 12:16:14 PM

Wow, this thread sure smells like FUD lately.

Lets see here, who am I gonna trust when it comes to deciding whether or not something is okay. The dev whose name and background I know, or the person hiding behind a screen name claiming that everything is in trouble.

Let me think...

Nice use of logical fallacy, it would make sense I guess if you ignored all the evidence and example code I provided.

Has your code worked yet? please stop talking how much you can hack, and go do it!

Clearly the Dev says risks are mitigated, you say they aren't.

Go prove your point, thats the only thing I can say.

If your words can be as dangerous as your actions, go show us.

IMO your all words and no action, clearly you had to re-write your scrypt cause it didn't work.

Now, when your successful, please come back and share your concerns.

Until then the dev has gave you every response to why it won't work. Yet you claim it works.. But, yet, you cannot get it to work, you say the dev lied to you instead of believing the fail safe mechanisms they put in place.

The code does work but I have no desire to steal money from the developers. And I shouldn't have to steal money from the developers and break the system in order to have a fair and open discussion about the security issues. That is an ridiculous assertion.

Its not rediculous at all, VRC is fungable, if it goes back to the source of the VRC and the amount isn't changed it would have zero outcome on vericoin. The only thing it shows is proof of concept.

You apparently cannot prove the concept.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Reavon

Activity: 374

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:17:39 PM

i checked the pump groups , seems like there is goin to be a pump tommorow with some like about 2K volume.
It wont be veri coin because pumpgroups strangly stay away from it.

I think the price increase on vert and or some other coins is accumulation preparing a pump be aware off getting cought in some peak. I would be recommend stay on veri cause is kinda rock solid.

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
                ████    ████                        ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Securely Bridging the Gap between Data & Insights
« PAX Token|     ⬡Patent Pending  ⬡German Based  ⬡Privacy  ⬡Industry Partners     |PAX Token »
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Facebook     ⬡ANN Thread      Linkedin 
Twitter         Telegram          Bounty ANN
Medium       Whitepaper       ⬡Reddit
yourstruly

Activity: 308

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 12:20:54 PM

Lets see here, who am I gonna trust when it comes to deciding whether or not something is okay. The dev whose name and background I know, or the person hiding behind a screen name claiming that everything is in trouble.

Let me think...

Nice use of logical fallacy, it would make sense I guess if you ignored all the evidence and example code I provided.

Not required. That would be making my decision on the narrow scale. Besides, I neither code nor am inclined to learn how, so I must trust someone. Too many variables at play here. You make it public when you could have made it known privately and directly, which would have been more efficient. You make claims to your experience and worth, yet provide no proof. Your post history speaks for itself.

I am simply applying Occam's Razor. It's rarely wrong, and it says you are full of sh*t.

Have you been to github? On a project page there is a link in the sidebar that says issues, in there you will find any issue with the code being discussed including security. Software development is not typically discussed in private because the more people looking at a project the better. That is why Bitcoin is so good. You are really failing to understand software development and attempting to protect the value of your own investment at the cost of an actual discussion.

Also you failed to apply Occam's Razor correctly.

Excoin - Innovative Cryptocurrency Exchange - https://exco.in
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 12:22:02 PM

Let me think...

Not required. That would be making my decision on the narrow scale. Besides, I neither code nor am inclined to learn how, so I must trust someone. Too many variables at play here. You make it public when you could have made it known privately and directly, which would have been more efficient. You make claims to your experience and worth, yet provide no proof. Your post history speaks for itself.

I am simply applying Occam's Razor. It's rarely wrong, and it says you are full of sh*t.

Have you been to github? On a project page there is a link in the sidebar that says issues, in there you will find any issue with the code being discussed including security. Software development is not typically discussed in private because the more people looking at a project the better. That is why Bitcoin is so good. You are really failing to understand software development and attempting to protect the value of your own investment at the cost of an actual discussion.

yourstrully VRC address

VSRU4HRgtqHifQaXN3QkQrdTRHdWLwUGZj

He recieved the bounty from our dev and immediately cashed it out. You think this guy isn't here to cause FUD? He wants price to go down. If he wanted to help, he may have kept the measily 250 VRC? Yeah he sees no future here, he causing fud to get money to swing back to his other investments.

Didn't even take him 20 minutes to cash out and then he was back here talking more FUD.

Pure Greed, under the guise of a great guy.. LOL

████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
yourstruly

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 12:24:04 PM

Let me think...

yourtrully VRC address

He recieved the bounty from our dev and immediately cashed it out. You think this guy isn't here to cause FUD? He wants price to go down.

There is really no other way to put it, you are an idiot who knows nothing about software development and is obsessed with your own personal investment.

Also moving between addresses != cashing out, so again you are proving your lack of knowledge on the subject at hand. You have nothing substantial to add.

buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 12:25:02 PM

Let me think...

yourtrully VRC address

He recieved the bounty from our dev and immediately cashed it out. You think this guy isn't here to cause FUD? He wants price to go down.

There is really no other way to put it, you are an idiot who knows nothing about software development and is obsessed with your own personal investment.

Also moving between addresses != cashing out, so again you are proving your lack of knowledge on the subject at hand. You have nothing substantial to add.

Where did it go, moved to your other address with all your VRC you are holding? Is that why you decided to challenge a public forum with things you CANNOT even prove work?

ancientcoins
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1003

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:26:37 PM

anyone know how much is the fee to send anonymously using verisend

A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
`Join us:██`Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github`
.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
yourstruly

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 12:26:49 PM

Let me think...

yourtrully VRC address

Where did it go, moved to your other address with all your VRC you are holding? Is that why you decided to take on a public forum with things you CANNOT even prove work?

Again you are sidestepping the actual issue and talking about what I do with my money which has nothing to do with the security and other flaws in the centralized services that tie into VRC.

I did prove it works, I even provided code so anyone capable could do it themselves with very little work.

jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 12:30:06 PM

New articleeeee.....

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/vericoin-added-to-moolahio-today-vrcfiat-conversion

Do yer thang Smiley
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 12:31:17 PM

Let me think...

yourtrully VRC address

Where did it go, moved to your other address with all your VRC you are holding? Is that why you decided to take on a public forum with things you CANNOT even prove work?

Again you are sidestepping the actual issue and talking about what I do with my money which has nothing to do with the security and other flaws in the centralized services that tie into VRC.

I did prove it works, I even provided code so anyone capable could do it themselves with very little work.

The issue here is your motivation, and anyone reading more than a few pages can clearly see what motivates you.

I think enough evidence of your credibility is on display. Was actually happy to see your troll chat though, made me believe in the developers even more than I have already.

Solid team, Solid coin, and now we even got the trolls and FUDsters in full force. This coin is definately goin places.

benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 12:32:36 PM

seem like vericoin keep pulling rabbits out of a hat nonstop. way to go!

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
Fippy

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:32:42 PM

Let me think...

I hardly need to 'protect' an investment that is currently sitting at 9x my average buy-in price, which I have already taken profit and more from kiddo.

You hide your identity. You are making a public circus out of something that would have been more efficiently done in private. You are obviously heavily invested in several coins that have tanked in value lately based on your very long post history. You keep spamming this thread to insist that you are correct, rather than just walk away if you really didn't care.

I applied it just fine, and like I said, you are just here to cause panic. So very sad. And just for the record, I make more than you.

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™
┨PRE-SALE  : 25th MAY - 25th JUNE ▌MAIN-SALE: 26th JUNE - 03rd JULY┠
LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Telegram Medium Reddit
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:34:43 PM

Let me think...

yourtrully VRC address

pnosker

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:35:27 PM

I love how this thread immediately became about me instead of the security flaws and other issues I'm bringing up with the source code.

It is pretty telling.

The security was talked about and left alone by the dev a long time ago, its being resolved.

You on the other hand don't shut up and leave. You made your point, move on?

I don't know what thread you are reading but maybe not this one?

One issue was talked about, the developer downplayed the issue. I immediately found a way around his "closing the webservices" and found several others. So I don't think it was exactly resolved.

You don't think anything the dev tells you is fact, so why should we hold your words accountable over the dev, whose clearly responded to you several times and made it clear your concerns.

You don't listen well either, He said it was there intention to close the web services anyways, now that its integrated into the wallet.

Do you listen, or just speak?

If I didn't listen to the dev how could I have rewritten the script to bypass his "fixes"? The wallet access the webservice with a different URL which I was able to find in a matter of seconds. http://verisend.vericoin.info/Default/apiSendBtc?sendto=1NsqLEmk7bckyxocJToBYmgkte2j5KMGZp&amount=1

How could I have known what he was saying was blatant lying when I checked it out myself? You should seriously go back and read the conversation slower, maybe it would help.

How did I lie? Our software blocked all of your transactions. Did you profit at all? I didn't say we turned off the api.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
xCryptoManiaX

Activity: 361
Merit: 137

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:36:23 PM

Intentions are obvious, instead of PMing the devs, his main concern isn't with the fact that there is a small and easily fixable flaw in Veribit (something new and incredible), it is with the code isn't open source for people (such as a developer as himself) to see and rip off.  Other coins wished they had something as innovative as Veribit as it allows the coin to be accepted everywhere Bitcoin is.  

His long term interest in the coin is not high as before yesterday he didn't own 250 VRC.
Or perhaps he is FUDing so he can buy in low. Either way ignore is useful in this situation

P.S. Newegg has been added to vendors that accept Bitcoin/Vericoin!

yourstruly

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 12:50:02 PM

Intentions are obvious, instead of PMing the devs, his main concern isn't with the fact that there is a small and easily fixable flaw in Veribit (something new and incredible), it is with the code isn't open source for people (such as a developer as himself) to see and rip off.  Other coins wished they had something as innovative as Veribit as it allows the coin to be accepted everywhere Bitcoin is.  

His long term interest in the coin is not high as before yesterday he didn't own 250 VRC.
Or perhaps he is FUDing so he can buy in low. Either way ignore is useful in this situation

If you think people want open source code is so they can rip it off you are a moron.

Also veribit is dead simple to reproduce, and a good programmer could do it better without nearly as many issues.

ancientcoins
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1003

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:53:20 PM

If you think people want open source code is so they can rip it off you are a moron.

Also veribit is dead simple to reproduce, and a good programmer could do it better without nearly as many issues.

mamm coin is going to implement it soon

A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
`Join us:██`Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github`
.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
Isokoira

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:55:40 PM

Your centralized services on vericoin.info are woefully insecure.

The debian 6 server running the site has not been hardened, you can login as root over ssh. There are many many more problems but I don't want to divulge too much as it could hurt a lot of people. The developer can send me a message if they want to talk about this in private.

Yea... ok. VeriBit/VeriSend are hosted on a Windows server.

They are not hosted on a windows server, that is not what I said. They are clearly hosted on debian running a legacy version of apache. I would be even more worried if they were actually on a windows server.

Edit: I'm not trying to spread FUD here, this is a very serious concern with how much money is being pumped into this economy. I'm worried about the alt-currency community more than the price of any individual coin. You can see that from my post history.

This is part of the reason I don't understand quite understand the hype around veribit.  People are saying it makes things so much easier, but does it really?  And at what cost?  The cost of security?  As far as I understand, all veribit does is exchange VRC for BTC, like any other altcoin can already do on any exchange.  Except, with veribit, we are trusting VRC's dev team to handle security on their centralized servers.  I am not saying VRC dev's are untrustworthy at all, but I do question whether they are qualified to keep these services secure.  As for me, I would far more trust services like Mintpal to securely hold and exchange my altcoins for BTC to then use and make purchases.

The VeriBit servers don't "hold" your coins for more than 5 minutes. After they receive them and get 4 confirms, they send you your BTC. So the user will never lose. If we have a security flaw (which we are getting audited right now), our pot of BTC could be lost. But I don't think that's a concern since the developer running the server works for the cloud computing division of one of the top software companies in the world... and knows his security.

Saying he works somewhere and saying he knows his security when this is obviously untrue makes me even more skeptical.

There is no reason root login should be enabled on the server, there is no reason password authentication should even be enabled. You should be logging in through keys. I shouldn't have to say this to someone who "knows their security".

Look, I don't know what to tell you. If you're actually concerned you would have PMed me. I don't have shell access to the Dreamhost server that the website is on. What I can tell you, is that the server that hosts all of the apps isn't a *nix server with root access, it's a Windows server hosted by Azure. I would be very skeptical if DreamHost left root access open on their server.

Why is it running on windows? Windows is known to have a lot of security risks, is not open source and not usually a go to choice for someone who "knows their security".

OMG, do you not know where DEV3 works or have you been under a rock since this coin has come out?  It's obviously running on Windows since he works at the biggest software company in the world where it's actually made and developed.  I would think he knows more about the inner workings than anyone else here.  Why would someone familiar with Windows and the security work with something else he is unfamiliar with?
xCryptoManiaX

Activity: 361
Merit: 137

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:59:34 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2014, 01:10:53 PM by xCryptoManiaX

mamm coin is going to implement it soon

*a partnership with bitcoinshop is not nearly the same.

You're a walking cliche and talk is cheap. Fact is no other coin has something like Veribit and
even if the ease of repdoucibility true, it's the idea that counts (not the oh that's easy why didn't I think of Google or Facebook before it became big, ANY "good" programmer could have done that stance) it has to be done with a coin that people believe in that has value, distribution and the whole package

P0PFrag

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:00:58 PM

Your centralized services on vericoin.info are woefully insecure.

The debian 6 server running the site has not been hardened, you can login as root over ssh. There are many many more problems but I don't want to divulge too much as it could hurt a lot of people. The developer can send me a message if they want to talk about this in private.

Yea... ok. VeriBit/VeriSend are hosted on a Windows server.

They are not hosted on a windows server, that is not what I said. They are clearly hosted on debian running a legacy version of apache. I would be even more worried if they were actually on a windows server.

Edit: I'm not trying to spread FUD here, this is a very serious concern with how much money is being pumped into this economy. I'm worried about the alt-currency community more than the price of any individual coin. You can see that from my post history.

This is part of the reason I don't understand quite understand the hype around veribit.  People are saying it makes things so much easier, but does it really?  And at what cost?  The cost of security?  As far as I understand, all veribit does is exchange VRC for BTC, like any other altcoin can already do on any exchange.  Except, with veribit, we are trusting VRC's dev team to handle security on their centralized servers.  I am not saying VRC dev's are untrustworthy at all, but I do question whether they are qualified to keep these services secure.  As for me, I would far more trust services like Mintpal to securely hold and exchange my altcoins for BTC to then use and make purchases.

The VeriBit servers don't "hold" your coins for more than 5 minutes. After they receive them and get 4 confirms, they send you your BTC. So the user will never lose. If we have a security flaw (which we are getting audited right now), our pot of BTC could be lost. But I don't think that's a concern since the developer running the server works for the cloud computing division of one of the top software companies in the world... and knows his security.

Saying he works somewhere and saying he knows his security when this is obviously untrue makes me even more skeptical.

There is no reason root login should be enabled on the server, there is no reason password authentication should even be enabled. You should be logging in through keys. I shouldn't have to say this to someone who "knows their security".

Look, I don't know what to tell you. If you're actually concerned you would have PMed me. I don't have shell access to the Dreamhost server that the website is on. What I can tell you, is that the server that hosts all of the apps isn't a *nix server with root access, it's a Windows server hosted by Azure. I would be very skeptical if DreamHost left root access open on their server.

Why is it running on windows? Windows is known to have a lot of security risks, is not open source and not usually a go to choice for someone who "knows their security".

OMG, do you not know where DEV3 works or have you been under a rock since this coin has come out?  It's obviously running on Windows since he works at the biggest software company in the world where it's actually made and developed.  I would think he knows more about the inner workings than anyone else here.  Why would someone familiar with Windows and the security work with something else he is unfamiliar with?
Back to my previous point, 95% of people who use Linux servers dont want to drop $699 on a Windows server OS.  Love it when people tout that Linux is so superior.   No, its not, get over it.
Pages: « 1 ... 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 [299] 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: